Overeaters Anonymous - hello and my family is having pizza tonight

ernurse
07-27-2009, 08:31 PM
:(:( My family is having pizza for dinner tonight. I really want to eat just one piece, but I know that "just one" will never happen...If I have one now, I'll just have 3 tonight when everyone is asleep. So just one will never happen...This promise is to everyone, that if I eat one piece, I will not eat more tonight. I'm trying this....:dizzy:

HollyA
07-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Good Luck!!!....You can do it!!

tommy
07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Tough to walk away from a trigger food. When they say "walk away", it often means literally walk away- take a walk around the block, go to bed with a gossip magazine (and read about all the skinny ones and their problems...) or a romance novel- whatever gets your mind focused a different way. Tell yourself the food is "out there" and I am safe"in here" with a non food comfort. Best wishes!

harrismm
07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes you can!!!!!!!!!!!........did you???

Madison
07-28-2009, 12:22 AM
If you cant stop at one its best not to start. Hope you did ok no matter what you decided sweety! :)

Amberlyn
07-28-2009, 01:10 AM
I so feel your pain!! I can't stop at one either and I'm bad about sneaking food while others aren't looking. It's my only vice. I hope that you did well tonight. My fingers are crossed!

ernurse
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
HollyA, tommy, harrismm, danni, and amberlyn thank you so much for the support. Since I am new to this, I thought I somehow lost in posting and just now found it again. My daughter ordered 3 large pizzas for me, my boyfriend, her, and the twins (19 year old boys). My boyfriend handed a plate to twin E, twin E came to hand me the plate and I said, I can't have that. I did not eat the one slice. I did even better. I didn't eat pizza that night either. I succeded in abstinence monday, tuesday, and wednesday (today). I'm keeping with my points daily. No more, no less. The stress department has increased the last couple of days, I oriented to a new hospital. Not to mention the ride from home to there takes me about 1 hour and 50 minutes, stressful, at least for me. So, I'm feeling good. I've figured out that WW fudge bars 1 point are great....I can have 1, 2, or 3 as long as my points allow and it tastes like chocolate, and it's cold, and it's creamy. So thank you for caring and I Love each and everyone of you who took the time to say that I can do it......So far so good. Yes, i'm definately having a better evening since that post.

Ale
07-30-2009, 02:27 AM
yay!!! =D

Madison
07-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh you're doing sooooooooo great baby!!!! :)

ernurse
08-03-2009, 07:53 AM
thank you so much everyone, it really does help to read the support. I learned yesterday that if I drink alot of water, I don't want to eat.....I know that is true and everyone says it, but I really tried it, this was the first time in my 34 wise years...hehehehe.....but don't eat granola after drinking a bottle of water....it does not feel nice. hugs to everyone

pucedaisy
08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Way to go, willpower!! I will remember this next time i am tempted- like you, I know I won't stop at one piece. I tend to do the sliver method- not a whole piece, just a sliver,then another sliver, then another- til i've eaten several whole pieces! i used to do this with cakes and brownies when I was a kid, so my mom "wouldn't know" that i was "sneaking" sweets. (i didn't have a weight problem- we just weren't supposed to eat much sugar.)

anyway, i just wanted to say thanks for posting and reminding us that we can take control by planning ahead and being honest with ourselves!

missz83
08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
what can you do instead of eating compulsively tonight? i know it sounds silly, but if i make an effort to get a treat (diet root beet from A&W or diet cherry limeaid from sonic work for me) after an abstinent meal, it keeps the meal in check for me, and when I go get MY treat, I feel really good about it.

Just something that works for me - sending you hope and love!

*Katie

harrismm
08-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Way to go!!!!

blkbarbie25
08-26-2009, 11:23 PM
you can get a veggie lover with lite marinara and wheat crust ( if your pizza shop has that option )

DogMomNP
08-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Similar thing happened to me (except you were strong and I was not): Hubby wanted pizza, I knew I would not be able to abstain if he was having it.........sure enough: 4 pieces later, and then I had the "my day is already ruined" mentality and had ice cream!

Followed by horrid guilt the next day...

cady101
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
It is really hard to be around people who want us to eat the way they do. In OA I've learned to stop thinking of my trigger foods as a treat for celebrations, a reward I deserve or a temptation I sometimes give in to. With a daily commitment to a healthy food plan, OA phone calls or online contacts and other OA tools, it's harder to con myself into thinking I really should have just a little ... (fill in the blank.) It isn't the 10th bite that gets me in trouble, it's that 1st compulsive bite that leads to the 2nd, etc.

ernurse
08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Cady101, why do you overeat? I'm curious why other people overeat. I think I know why I do --it feels good to eat. I can't say it tastes good because when I do overeat, I seem to swallow it seconds and not really taste the goodness. So, I'm still not clear about why I do. hugs to you

ladyblades
02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Cady101, why do you overeat? I'm curious why other people overeat. I think I know why I do --it feels good to eat. I can't say it tastes good because when I do overeat, I seem to swallow it seconds and not really taste the goodness. So, I'm still not clear about why I do. hugs to you
I overeat because I get pleasure form the texture, smell and taste of the foods that I don't feel I'm getting from my life. If I am doing something that I really enjoy, like reading a book that I can't put down or designing a new outfit food becomes less of an issue during that time. I have never stopped doing something really fun thinking I just have to have a ________(insert trigger food).