Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 12:37 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Steel Magnolias -- #174

Happy 3rd of July!
It's hot and humid here although hazy. I walked early again and can tell that the sun is coming up just a tad later than a couple of weeks ago.

Bubbles -- CONGRATULATIONS on the 1.2# that is GONE FOREVER! I always feel sorry for animals that are afraid when it storms . . . especially the ones outside. Did you have any hail damage? I hope not!

I lost 1.4# last night and I know that it is all due to walking every day because I really had "over" point days last week. I'm hoping this week won't be as hungry!

Have a safe and fun 4th!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:00 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Thumbs down 4th of July Eve

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is going to be a beautiful day this day. Lots of folks will be coming in later on this afternoon and this place will be FULL. No car hunting today but we will be going out again tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS to JEAN & BUBBLES for your weight losses. That is a great showing for the first week of this last 6 months of 2002.

LORRAINE you have been doing well to stay OP while all this is happening in your neck of the woods. I can imagine you are really racking up those exercise points and your place will really have a new shine when you are through. Give Gin a big HOWDY.

Have a great 4th of July Eve and a safe 4th.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:31 PM   #3  

Hello Everyone!!! Well it is raining again today...... I wish it would dry up some... The weather person is predicting a chance of rain again tomorrow....

Jean: I wish I knew where she is keeping the water dish. She told my mother one time that she puts them out when the wild cats have too many kittens. What really gets me mad, is that we never had any cats around our house until she decided to get three cats...a male and two females. Of course she didn't have them fixed, so they had kittens. Well she didn't take the kittens in and so they stayed outside and became wild cats. She dosen't claim them as hers. So now we have a few generations of her cats running around and she is blaming everyone but herself. I have been trying to catch them so that I can have them fixed and get their shots so at least they have a fighting chance. But so far only one kitten trusts my son.

Maggie: I hope you find your car soon.....I remember you talking about that yellow mustange when you lived by me. Didn't you have one once before???? Gin is doing great...she is so much fun to work with. She keeps everyone on their toes. I have seen her once since school ended and she was giving my son a hard time...she had him when he was in the fourth grade. She always liked to make him turn red.

Well I guess break time is over....I want to finish this one room that has me going crazy. But I think it will be nice when it is finally finished. I hope everyone has a great 4th....
Old 07-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #4  

just peeking in before I head off to bed.

Lorraine -- Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have animals or kids! I'm glad that I don't live next door to her; at least my antianimal neighbor doesn't have animals any which is good.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July, Flowers! We are leaving tomorrow morning, for the day, and won't be home till late so I most likely won't see you at all.

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #5  
I will do it this time

Happy Fourth of July!

I know I don't keep up with you all here but I wanted to wish you all a great day. For those of you that have no clue who I am, I have been acquainted with Jean and Maggie for years now. Stay safe!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 11:53 AM   #6  

Happy 4th of July, Flowers!
I am waiting for DH to get back from being in the parade -- they asked all the veterans to walk together. It is breathless outside but the sun is hiding behind clouds so I hope it stays there.

Sharon -- How nice to see you! Stop in to visit us more often -- we miss you! You have a nice holiday . . . hopefully you have the 5th off too.

I need to change clothes and finish my hair. Have a great weekend!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-04-2002, 05:38 PM   #7  

Lorraine,
Too bad about your kitties. I have two Maine Coons who think the side porch is "the woods" I also have a neighbor with a black Golden Retriever/Lab mix who is kept in a 10'x20x pen which is covered on three sides and the top by blue plastic! The dog is taken out for a while maybe once every couple of months. I wish I had the nerve to unlock his pen and let him out, but I"d probably be shot. The Humane Society has been to see him twice and he liberally used the "f word" and threatened them. He's a fine fellow......pillar of the church.
Getting ready to go to the river for a picnic. It's finally cooling off around here
Happy 4th to you all.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:22 PM   #8  
Vegetarian

Default Lorraine -Kittens

Hi Lorraine,

My name is Sharon, how are you? I'm a LTM and have lost 50 lbs. and reached my goal (this last time at least, after 25 years in the yo-yo syndrome).

I read your message about wild cats outside. My husband and I had the same kind of situation. There was a male wild cat that my husband started feeding in 1997. We finally gained his trust, after two years of continually feeding him, sheltering him from the winter elements with an insulated make-shift cage. Meanwhile, we took in his "wife" and 2 of his kittens ( we tried to find homes for the others but had no luck)..... Anyway, we tricked him (Buster) into a carrier by putting his food inside of it. He was MADDDD! We then took him to the vet to get him neutered and have all his shots. We found he was had FIV and he has his own room now. He's as happy as ever, he gets lots and lots of attention.

Well after my rambling, the short of it is with persistence, you can gain their trust. Good Luck!

Hope we can keep in touch.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:13 AM   #9  
Thin Within

Thumbs down I am back......

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

WOW what a busy day. We left to buy my car today and we GOT IT. OH and it drives so nicely and loves the mountain curves. I am going to have a blast with it. I took my little niece for a ride around the campground ~ first person that I gave a ride to. She was so thrilled. She ran to greet me the minute we drove up.

LORRAINE it is the Yellow Mustang Convertable that Cowboy promised me when we lived in Texas when I reached goal. I haven't reached goal yet but he wanted me to have it during my trip down the road to thin. I did have a black one a few years ago though when we last lived out here.

JEAN so you didn't watch the parade? We didn't watch the local one because we were going to another town to buy the car so we took the detour and went on our way.

BUBBLES nice sounding picnic by the river. Hope you had a wonderful time and had a lovely OP meal.

SHARON glad to see you pop in girlfriend. You know you are welcome anytime.

SHARON also glad to have another cat & dog fan pop in. You are welcome back any time. Sounds like you found the key to your system and did a great job losing weight.

Have a lovely eveing all.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #10  

Happy Friday, Flowers!
Now that the 4th is over, it seems like summer is on the down side. The stores have been having summer clothing sales since the middle of June; glad I'm not in the market for a bathing suit as it's sweaters and winter coats on the racks now! We had a long day yesterday but it was a fun one. We didn't get home until midnight and I went straight to bed.

Bubbles -- We have a STUPID neighbor also . . . they would put their little dog outside when they left for work in the morning. A few years ago an unexpected snow storm hit midafternoon and another neighbor saw the dog out on the lake following a bigger dog, neither to be seen again. Their next dog they chained up and he barked all day long. Some other neighbors complained so they got rid of that one; the one they have now seems to be in the house more and on a chain when outside. Their cat gets shut outside when they leave for the weekend and he comes over to eat my orphan food and water. Like I said before, some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets or kids! Their kid has been in trouble for drinking, smoking, and driving w/o a license since he was in junior high. He has parties all the time and we see the beer cans in the yard the next morning. But that's what he's grown up with so guess we couldn't expect anything different. He graduated this spring and hopefully will be gone from the neighborhood soon.

Hi Sharon! -- It's nice to have you drop by . . . come back again soon! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal. I am getting there slowly but surely. Does Buster live with you now -- you said he had his own room. Last spring I was feeding 12 strays . . . found homes for one mother and her four kittens (a coworker of mine lives on an acreage and collects cats!) by promising to pay for the shots and neutering of all five, another batch of four went to a friend's farm, one disappeared while we were on vacation, and the daddy cat got run over on the highway. The original "grandma" cat is still around the neighborhood and just brought her four kittens to us. She is so wild that I can't get close enough to catch her or she would be paying a visit to the vet too. Her kittens come and go so I hope that I can catch them as I have another farm lined up to take them.

Maggie -- I'm glad you found your car . . . bet you look pretty spiffy in it! How about a picture?

I need to get busy! Jason and Amanda are coming here for the weekend as it is his 10th year HS reunion. That doesn't seem possible! Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-05-2002, 06:29 PM   #11  
I will do it this time

Hi!

Sounds like this is the animal lover site. I hate it when people are idiots about their animals. Our pets have feelings and only want to love us and don't care what we look like or sound like. I don't understand people who abuse them.

Jean, I don't think I told you but our big outside dog past away a month ago. He was 14 which is old for a large dog. We sure do miss him.

It could get confusing if I start posting regularly with two Sharons. I will try to sign California or CA Sharon when I post.

Take care all.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:28 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Way cool......

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful day this has been. I had so much fun playing UNO with my 6 year old neice....she whooped me 6 out of 8 games. And did it without any help! We had so much fun. They have gone now and the quiet has returned. We had to go to town today and get a gas BBQ because we only have the one that uses charcoal or wood. A ban inclides us for sure and we have meat we want to cook outside.

JEAN some people don't have a clue what to do with animals and therefore shouldn't have any. What in the world does that woman think that poor cat will do when they are on vacation.... I get it.....go to your place and you will feed it. Yep. It is a good thing there are kind hearted folks like you around to take up the slack. What always got me was when people would move and not take ole mouser along.

SHARON the California girl. It is nice to see you again. LOL I am a California girl also and love it. My convertible has a black top and we have to throw a cover over it when it is parked because it will look awful with what those birds do to it. The painted part can be rinsed off easier. I remember what the sea gulls did to my black one that I had years ago..... not a pretty sight.

Have a great evening everyone...
Old 07-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone

It has been another day of rain down here....A little south of us is really in trouble. They have their houses floating down the streets. I feel for them. I know how much water we had standing in our yard, and we didn't even get half as much rain as they did. They are predicting rain now until at least Tuesday of next week.

Maggie: I wish you the best of luck with your new car. I am so happy for you. I know what you mean about people not taking care of their animals. I wish they would think about what they are doing to a helpless animal.

Jean: I have been watching around my neighbors yard to see if I can see anything that might hold the water that she brags about. There is another way to know that she is up to something. Usually she has her cats running.....when she is putting the water out, her cats are nowhere to be found. I have not seen her cats for almost two weeks. Then we see these kittens that have passed. I will take a sample of the water to the vet and then have the police go to her house. That is such a cruel way for an animal to die.

Well girls I need to get some work done....finished my daughters room ...now I am starting one of my sons rooms. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:46 AM   #14  

I am on my way to bed but thought I would check in one more time.

CA Sharon -- I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I know how many times you must look outside thinking you would see him. I just visited with a relative yesterday; her husband died unexpectedly right around Thanksgiving and then she put their old dog (she was sick, old, etc.) down right before Christmas. She said the dog would sit by Ken's chair and when anyone would come to the door the dog would think it was Ken coming home. When she discovered it wasn't, then she would go lay in the closet where he always put his clothes that he wore when they went outside for a walk. She ended by saying that Tippy was with Ken and they were eating ice cream together like they did every night at 9:00. Made me want to cry.

Maggie -- The funny - strange thing regarding the neighbor cat is that when Momma Cat comes, our cats don't pay any attention to her. She can sit on the deck by the hour and they don't care. When the neighbor cat comes they hiss and spit at him; they must somehow know that he has a so-called home. Bob says that being shut outside is better than being shut inside a smoke residue filled house. The cat can get in under their deck to get out of bad weather; they are just so STUPID!

Lorraine -- I saw some of the flood pictures on TV today. It is just so sad. Did you get water in your basement? That can be a real nuisance! I wish you could send some rain our way as we are very, very dry. I'm not so sure but what the crops will not be 100% now that it has been so long. The leaves on the corn have been curled for quite a few days. Your neighbor is a WITCH! When you finish your bedrooms, you are welcome to come and help me clean mine! I'm still not done and my days are becoming numbered much too fast.

Have a super weekend, Flowers! I am heading for bed!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-06-2002, 11:56 AM   #15  
I will do it this time

Hi!

Okay Jean, now I am totally depressed. I went to w.w. and there was a dog laying on the sidewalk and it's running partner was dead in the street. I can't deal with stuff like that. Yes, I do keep looking for Obediah. It is amazing what habits we develop.

Hi Maggie! Good idea to cover the car. Those bird droppings can eat the paint too.

Hi Lorraine!

I just got back from w.w. Had another maintain, but I am okay with that. We have a neighborhood potluck tonight and then things foodwise will be a bit saner.
Closed Thread