Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #187

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #187

Kate53
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Here's the new thread....will check back in a bit as hubby just came home from work. The job got rained out so another day off for him.

Tammy
07-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Mima, did you talk to the doctor about the bleeding?

Kate, thanks for starting the new thread.

Had a wonderful massage this morning! I think I fell asleep.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Joanne D
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Tammy- You didn't tell us what your wonderful message was.. I am still wondering around trying to find face book friends sites. I must be doing something wrong. After about a hour I just give up.
It looks like I may be out of town when you come to Disney. Christmas will be up at our daughters..
Our daughter is on her way down for a few days. So I may be mia for that time. She keeps me busy and out of the house.. We go to the beach and mall,shopping. Or we just sit and crochet. I am making another baby blanket for my G/G/son to be born in October .
We took my sister Mary for a medical test (colonoscopy) yesterday. That took up half my day. I have to put away my sewing machine and straighten up the spare bedroom for the daughter who sleeps there.
Yes Mima. Call your Dr. about the bleeding. That doesn't sound right to me.
Kate- We got about 10 minutes of rain yesterday.If it was even that.. It always moves inland when it comes off the Gulf. I live about a mile from the Gulf.. My yard is dry.. I have some mexican sunflowers. Last year and this year they haven't bloomed. Everybody else who has them have had loads of bloom. They are over 10 feet tall now. If I get no flowers I am just going to cut them down.. Maybe take them out all but one. I may do that anyhow..
Meme- I haven't found you on facebook yet..
Hello Happy...Joanne

Kate53
07-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Good morning everyone. I sent out a private e-mail to those of you I could find here with my facebook e-mail address so you may look me up there if you choose. I apologize if I omitted someone; just let me know and I will gladly send along the info. I am so afraid of posting an e-mail address because of spammers!
Quiet day today...a bit cloudy but still warm and humid. Very lush....had lots of rain night before last. Joanne, those mexican sunflowers are soooo gorgeous! I almost bought one for my back corner to provide a "screen" from the neighbors. I don't think they bloom this time of year, do they? I'll have to check out the one down the street when I walk Queenie to see if it's in bloom...it must be about 25 feet tall and very full...the lady planted it as a hedge. I've decided to put in a bougainvilla instead as they like it very dry. We live about 2 miles inland from the Intercoastal. Lots of weather activity here past few days.
I'll put those dates on my calander, Tammy. I'm sure we will be able to get together if only for a quick visit somewhere here. I'll be the short, fat, gray-haired lady in a silver Mercury Mariner! I can give you my address and phone number if you e-mail that address I gave out.
Had a very constructive day with hubby home. He'll be working very late next few days to try and make up the lost hours, I'm sure. Thankfully I have already paid for my final dentisit visit for the permanent crown on Wed.....now to pay the end-of-the-month bills! Off to get something done around here. Need to go to the local produce stand for more veggies! Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Oh, and I called that orthopedic's office yesterday....my size 8 fit nicely through the phone!! ;) I'll be scheduled by the end of the week!

Tammy
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Joanne, it was a massage, not a message. I'll be at Disney World itself from October 12-19. I'll be staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort. In December I'll be at the resort in Vero Beach, but I won't be going to Orlando.
Have a wonderful time with your daughter when she visits. We have had rain off and on. I wish I could send some of it down to you. I've never seen a Mexican sunflower. May have to look that up.

Kate, LOL to your description of yourself!! I'm not short, I do have gray hair that I cover with brown (lol), I'm fat, and I drive a silver Grand Caravan. See, we are almost twins! I sent you an email to that address, and I sent you a PM on here. I passed a stand with fresh produce after my classes this morning, but I was too pooed out to stop!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

MemeToo
07-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Quick note to all facebook friends. Others rarely call me Meme on facebook. Only my grandchildren. So when there, call me by my first name or my real world friends will either think you are nuts or think you are one of my grandchildren. LOL If you don't want to type out the whole name, just put the first letter, that's what my friend, Carol, does.

So much rain ... I honestly don't know where it's all coming from. Daughter said it was standing in the streets in town today. We made the Nashville news tonight with video of yards and streets standing in water. Rained all day long and a chance of scattered storms tomorrow then a 60% chance of rain Thursday and chance of rain in the forcast all the way through 'till next week. Poor old bones. :rain:

Kate53
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone. Hot and sunny so far here today. Just made some yummy looking stuffed portabello mushrooms....and maybe some Greek chicken tenders en papillote for tonight! Finally got my appointment for the MRI and bone density tests...next Monday at 8 am. Will have to make a decision about surgery right after that I guess. Will see the orthopedic the next day and get the final report. Not looking forward to any of this ...
I have been trying to cut back on my meds and have been very uncomfortable these past days. Nothing seems to be effective lately so I feel like I am taking this stuff for no reason...but as soon as I stop taking it or cut back on it, I feel even worse so there's no winning this war I guess! Not sleeping great either...hard to get comfortable with this "throbbing" going on. I think a nap might be in order today! At least my sweet Queenie has been very cooporative lately....it's almost like she knows I'm not feeling 100%.
Meme, I will try to remember the Facebook name. Memory has not been kind to me last few weeks. That's why I've cut back on the meds....perhaps that is causing it. Which is worse...not being able to remember stuff or being in discomfort?
Off to vacuumn the house...it's had too much "traffic" lately with hubby being home. Just had my permanent crown put on this morning. I'm thinking about buying a digital camera....Hope everyone enjoys their day!

MemeToo
07-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Kate, no worries about the name. Know how you feel about the memory.

I just bought a new digital camara ... mine was stolen last year. Got it home and found out the SD memory card doesn't fit into my printer. Bummer. The last one I had did so I don't know what the problem is with this one. Now I'll have to load the software and figure out how to hook the camara up to the computer to download my pictures. Hate doing that.

Happy Canuk
07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello everybody. Been working too much and no play time.

Today is housecleaning day, so no playing today either.

Meme - I, also, just got a new digital camera. I got a Panasonic and it is wonderful. Easy to use, which is the most important thing for me. Hope you get it all figured out.

kate - glad that you are making headways with getting your shoulder fixed. Probably vacuuming isn't the best thing for you to do, in any case. Haven't done it for years. When I have taken a stab at it, it caused pain and a trip to the chiro.

I am on Facebook, but do NOTHING there. Don't have time to add another board to my life:lol: I signed up because I wanted to see my daughters photos that she had posted - went and looked at them, and never went back. My gkids aren't allowed on the "net" sites like that. They can play games etc., but that's about it.

Tammy - I am glad that you didn't push yourself and decided enough was enough. Wouldn't be wise. Sounds like you have some nice plans made for the rest of the year. Good for you.

Joanne - enjoy your visit with your daughter.

If anybody would like to see the photos I took on my holiday you can go here and have a look http://imageevent.com/happycanuk/miscellaneous;jsessionid=z0rvbawhp2.tiger_s

The girl in the pictures is my gdaughter Ashley. She is now 11 yrs old. Meme, remember when we came here, the kids were just little. Now they are growing up way to fast. You can click on SLIDE SHOW at the top left hand corner and it will start. If you want pictures larger, just click on original when the photos begin.

Have a good day.

Tammy
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Ok Meme, I guess I won't call you what your grandchildren call you. lol It was sprinkling a short while ago, and we've had rain off and on all week it seems.

Kate,good to know that Queenie senses when you aren't feeling the best. Maurice is the same way. Today he isn't feeling the best though. Not sure what's up, but I'll be headed to the vet tomorrow if it continues. Tim gave me a digital camera for my birthday/Mother's Day gift. I love it!

Meme, I have no idea how to get pictures from the camera to the computer. Think I need to hunt up the instructions.

Anne, I always enjoy your pictures, and I'm headed there when I finish typing this. Ashely can't be 11 already!

Tammy
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Ok. I'm ready to go to Denmark now. I would love Legoland. I read a book about it to my 2nd graders! Wonderful pictures!

Candicej
07-31-2009, 02:03 AM
I pop my memory card into my computer and it loads.....never hooked my camera up to anything.

Been kinda overwhelmed and blue latey..nothing is going right here with workers and such and I am so tired.....did get some leather furniture for family room downstairs..but I think it over powers the room...not sure how to make it work...love my relciner but sofa and loveseat look too big.....all taupe so the room has no color yet....I hate decorateing and shopping is even worse! Just want it all done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have not been on the computer much too busy......

I can't figure facebook out either.....I like to look at all the pictures my nieces put on there.

Kate53
07-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Good "grumpy" morning everyone! Spent the day cleaning yesterday and took a fall on my wet foyer floor! Ouch! Really did my shoulder in with that one....had to lay there a few minutes before I could get up. Not feeling my best this morning either...tired and grumpy.
We're all talking about digital cameras now because I went out and bought one Wed. afternoon! A Kodak on sale from Best Buy and I love it! I can download the pictures either from the memory chip put directly into my computer or through a USB cord that came with it. It also has the capabilities of hooking up to a "docking" system to print pictures...have to buy that from Kodak seperately though. I would rather just download to my computer files. Now I need to find time to take some pictures!!
Candice, I know what you mean about feeling stressed out and "blue". I think this shoulder pain is more irritating than I want to admit....only because I really haven't accepted the idea of surgery yet. It's very frustrating to deal with because I don't like to be poked, prodded or disabled at this point in my life. I was hoping to age gracefully but it sure doesn't look like that is happening right now!
I think a nap is on the agenda for today. I need to get some meatballs and spaghetti sauce on first...then I will set the timer and lay down for an hour. Feeling like a big, crabby bit** today....not good! Bye for now....

Tammy
07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Candice, sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Wish I could help you out!!

kate, and good grumpy evening to you! Wish you were feeling better too! I really think we all just need to go away somewhere together and have fun.

Mima
08-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Good morning. I had quite a busy week and our heads were spinning by the time we were done. Thurdsday night we went to a thai restaurant and it was deliscious. I ended the meal with fried ice cream and took 3 lactaid pills and was ok.Everyone but Fl seems to be getting rain.My dil and Evan are flying here today and my cousin's family is flying to Daytona beach. Auntie is alone but things got worked out so that people will be checking on her. One is me and she told me not to call everyday but she has my cell phone number, In a couple of days her son will be there.My dd was upset because I was not coming home permanently for birth which is March 31. I AM coming home-flying up for the birth and staying for a while but I need to stay in Ct. I do not drive on the highway and Ct is 1 and a half hours. They have a tiny house so I said I would stay in a motel nearby. It sounds absolutely ridiculous for me to be concerned about this at this time but I did bring it up-was not a good idea. It's hard that she is that far away and I don't drive on the super highways. It's hard that I am 71 years old and it's her first. Oh well. Jim is so excited-they want a boy and he wants a jr.
Gotta put stuff away. Brad put in the ac and it is so much less damp and smelly but it never gets cool enough for it to go on so we put it on when we leave.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
08-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey everybody.. Our daughter was here for a few days . She left this am. Her hubby said he was tired of talking to the dogs and cows. They sold off most of their land but kept about 300 acres. He has cattle on it.. We went to the mall yesterday. I don't tell her anything I like or see or she will buy it. She spends enough when she is here.
Kate I hope your trip to the orthopedic turns out positive. You may get away with a injection.. I have a bad knee. Bone on bone. They want to fix it but right now I have too much here that needs care. My hubby does not do well if I am not here and who would take care of the dog and house. Right under our name on 3fc it says 'send private message'.I'll send you one.
Tammy I may be in Madison when you are here in Oct too. My G/G/grandson is due then and it is my G/daughters BD.. Debbie told us she wants us to try and come up then..
Happy -I haven't got used to facebook yet. Still learning..
Candice- Feel better.. How is your flowers doing?
Meme- OK I will try to remember to type your name on facebook.
Mima- Our family is growing too. I don't blame you ,I wouldn't get on a interstate either. I am afraid of highway 19..
Got to go and take out Christie and go to WM and Sams..
Joanne

Tammy
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Mima, you are so busy! Would a dehumidifier help with the dampness?

Joanne, I can understand you wanting to be in Madison in October!

This has been a pretty lazy day. Tim is at EMT classes and then goes straight to Arby's until they close, so Maurice and I are just hanging out. I need to go to the store and get a few things, but that may way till later. I feel a nap coming on! lol

Mima
08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't know exactly when we are heading to FL Tammy but i would love to meet you. Will know more later-sometimes we take 4 over to 75.
Came home because of mice and ants but I will go back with poison.
The AC takes great care of the dampness and we put it on when we go out . It's cool in here already so it doesn't go on automatically.
Went to the Country club for lunch and it was great. i had the haddock again.
Bye for now-Mima

Mima
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Home for a day-1 dead mouse and lots of dead ants.
Suzanne sprained her ankle and can't have an xray but doc thinks its ok. She did get a boot.
She will have an ultrasound tomorrow.
Not much else-mima

Joanne D
08-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Well so far this has been a busy week. Louie had two tests for his heart monday,we won't know the results till the 20th. I doubt there is anything serious or we would had a call. I do hope the Dr. gives him a good talk. All he does is set in a chair and sleep when he is not eating or driving the car for me to get around. I am a good driver but he has this ego he can't let go . yesterday we has some bank business, today shopping for needed grocerys. I haven't had a minute to myself till 8 pm at night..
Mima- If you have mice and ants in your part of the house it is probably in your tenents part as well. We lived in a rental building a couple times before we bought our home and fought the mice all the time. had to move out of one place because they came out at night . The night one got in the bed I got up to go to work and told my husband I would not come back there. He moved us while I was at work that day.. Another time when we lived in Tampa right after we got married there was a problem with rats.. I came home from school (nursing school) and my sister in law told me ,'don't go up there ,you don't live there anymore." They moved all our things to Tarpon. I was done with my hospital training that day..
Tammy - Sorry but it looks like I may miss you when you come to Fl.
Hello Happy and Meme
Joanne

Tammy
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Mima, sounds like your pest hunting is working! Ouch to Suzanne's ankle.

Joanne, praying that Louie's reports come back ok. WIll he listen if the doctor tells him stuff? I'll make it to your part of Florida one of these days! Bob's nieces are in north Tampa, so it could be a plan. I don't plan on visiting with his family in south Tampa. I'll have to tell you about THAT situation sometime.

Mima
08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
The mice and ants are in the camper!!!! Not here, Although this winter they might be. This house always has mice.
Suzanne is having an ultrasound today. We are all looking forward to the results. Her ankle is better,
Cookout saturday where I will see Evan and his cousin Evan will be there also.
Catching up on paperwork.
We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia in Sept. Another place we always talk about.
Bye for now-where is Kate?
Hey Joanne-at least he gets out of the house-men can be stubborn. Mima

Kate53
08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Good morning everyone. Where to begin?? Such an interesting week! It started with a scheduled MRI and Dexa for Monday which only the bone density got done because I could not lay in the position they wanted for an hour to scan my shoulder. It was excruciating! I called the orthopedic's office and they prescribed Oxycodone/Tylenol for pain management and rescheduled the MRI for Thurs. (yesterday) In the meantime, I am trying to find a ride to the MRI facility so that I can take the medication (and not drive) and we don't even have a taxi service in this city!!(At least not one that answers their phone!) I realize this is the "slow" season around here with no snowbirds but come on folks, no taxi service?? It took me almost 3 hours to track down a personal transportation service that didn't want $50 to take me 4 miles down the road....as it turned out, hubby had the day off because of all the rain we have had. (The job they had him on was too muddy and wet to work in.) So, hubby took me for the MRI yesterday and after waiting over 45 minutes to get started (which made me very crabby on top of everything else) the pain medication didn't work all that well. We had to stop (so I could sit up) 4 times to ease the shoulder pain. I finally got through it....and was exhausted by time I got home. Then I get a call from the orthopedic's office saying they couldn't get me in until the 18th.....and that the doctor needed to discuss the MRI results with me. I told them that time frame was unacceptable for the results and that if I needed surgery he should call me and let me know rather than wait 2 more weeks...after all, I have to plan ahead for the dog, the house, transportation etc. She would "leave a note" for the doctor and hopefully he would call me. My reply???? "Let's see if he can give me a call back in less time than it took for him to get my records over to the transcriptionist". Hey, I admitted to the caller that I was tired and frustrated and that's the way it is....sh** or get off the pot! Got a call this morning from the doctor's office (yup...less than 24 hours, thankyou). I definitely have an "abnormal" MRI, (duh!) and will need surgery and please come in next Tueday instead of the 18th. So there we have it, ladies. I'm in the "pending" holding pattern for another rotator cuff surgery and I am not a happy camper right now.
I have to admit I am terribly frustrated that I have had so many "physical" issues since moving to Florida. I hadn't planned on "falling apart" once I got here. Isn't Florida suppose to be good for those "people of age"??? And poor hubby....like you Joanne, he is bone-on-bone in both knees and is not "ready" to do the replacement thing. I can just imagine what life will be like around here when he does decide to get it done! (Sorry if that sounds harsh but he can be a real stubborn Pollock at times!) I will know more Tuesday about when he can schedule this and hopefully will be able to coordinate things to keep things moving smoothly.
Need to get the dog brushed and bathed this weekend. There's a chore for me! She is actually pretty good about it but it can be involved and tiring. Everything I am planning to do will have an impact on the impending surgery plans now...getting all those little things taken care of I have been putting off so I won't have to deal with them while recouping. As my wonderful mom used to say "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men...".......who can finish that quote??
Hope everyone enjoys the day...sunny and very hot here lately with lots of afternoon t-storms and rain. Truly a mosquito heaven right now!! I'll check back in later....

Tammy
08-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Mima, what did Suzanne find out with the ultrasound? Your trip sounds nice!

Kate, I just don't know what to say! How frustrating for you with all of this going on. Keep us posted on things, and we'll be keeping you in prayers. We are having some sprinkles right now, and it is turning chilly again, at least for tonight. I turned the AC off earlier, and I just cracked some windows open for fresh air. also put on long pants and a sweatshirt! lol

Glad this week is over. I've had things going on every day, and sometimes it has been 2 or 3 things in a day. Nothing on the calendar for tomorrow!

have a great weekend!

Kate53
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Good morning all. Another sunny, hot day in Florida. Lot's of little things to do today....empty my herb pots on the patio, vacuumn the garage, wash the dog's bed, bathe Queenie....will have to divide this up over the next two days I guess.
Thanks for the thoughts Tammy. I am sure things will work out with the surgery...it's just so frustrating sometimes when things just keep happening. I'm sure all will be okay. I just like to "vent" occasionally :)
Hope everyone enjoys their day...off to get hubby going on some "projects"...

Tammy
08-09-2009, 10:52 AM
It is going to be a hot one here today. Someone at church said that maybe it is finally going to be summer. We've had so many cool days and nights this summer.

Kate, venting is a good thing. Gets rid of some of the frustration.

Not sure what I'm doing today.

Joanne D
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Hello Everybody.. Talk about hot ..It was 94 here today.. We are wishing for rain. I mean a good rain not a 5 minute one like we had last night..
Our daughter is at St George beach campground this weekend. It is her 53rd birthday monday.. I wish we could be there.It is such a nice beach. Camping is not for me.. Ofcourse she has a large 5th wheel. It is full today. Her two kids and daughter in law are there. Guess they will go home tonight.
Hope things get positive for you soon Kate.. I know how it is when you are hurting.
Mima- Decon.. That is what I keep in my attic just incase of a mouse.. We haven't had any that I know of this year.. Ofcourse mice, and bugs are a given down here.. We just keep fighting them. You are right men can be stubborn and the older they get the worse it gets..
Tammy- I am glad the week is over too. All we did was run to Drs and labs. I have to go to lab about every week it seems.
It's funny, I love the beach. We live just over a mile from one and I never go . No fun going alone..
Bye, Joanne

Mima
08-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Lost my post-now I will write short sentences.Sorry about your surgery Kate. I have a cold-I gave it to Brad.Too soon for the ultrasound. They will try again.We went to see Evan and all the family. The cousins met and were bonding-2 of their parents grew up together. pastor gave a message on not limiting what God can do.

Tammy
08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Joanne, I know you've talked about St. George before. I'm with you on the camping. Give me a nice hotel, and I'm happy. Hope your week isn't as hectic for you, and that you can take some time to just relax. When I was there and we drove down to the beach, it was so pretty! Pretty busy that day too since it was a Sunday.

Mima, that sermon sounds like the one we had yesterday! Our pastor is leaving the 27th for the Holy Land! She is so excited about the trip. She said that she feels blessed beyond words.

Meeting the retired crew for lunch today at Applebees. I haven't been there in a very long time. Hope there is something healthy on the menu! I finally hit 20 pounds. I've upped my calories by upping my proteins. Haven't really cut back in any other area, so this must be working. 2 weeks ago when I went to my class, I had gained a few pounds. That's when I made the calorie and protein changes. Since then I am down 5 pounds. I'll take it!

Hello to everyone!

Joanne D
08-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Tammy- Good weight loss. What eating plan are you using?My weight has been going up and down 3+ lbs for a while now. I am trying to get under 150. I have 3 + lbs to go so far this am. 5 if I want to stay a couple lbs under which I do.It isn't easy as I can only do so much with exercise. I walk but it isn't enough. I have no good excuse as I have a treadmil in my house gathering dust.I get about 30 min. a day with Christie.
Mima- Those were really short sentences.:D So Brad gave you a cold. That is what happened to me when I got so sick. Louie gave me the cold that turned into pneumonia. My son took him to Dr. The day after I was in hospital.He was really sick too. Lousy Dr. did not do his job. If he had put us on medication I think things would have worked out better.At least maybe not as bad.Our daughter called their office and made a formal complaint. We have a different Dr. now. We really like him so far. And he is only about 1 1/2 miles from our house. No driving on Hwy 19.
Kate. Don't worry about so much at home now. Just take care of yourself.. The house, hubby and the dog will be fine..
Meme- How are you? VBS must be done by now..
Hello Happy-I could stand some of your cool weather right about now..

Tammy
08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Joanne, I'm doing First Place 4 Health. It's a Bible based weight loss program. You have a certain number of calories per day depending on age and activity level, you are allowed so many servings of the different food groups to get to your calorie level. I had been eating anywhere from 1300-1600, and I was either not losing or gaining little bits. I was getting very frustrated since I am exercising so much. I have upped my calories to 1700-2000 and I'm eating more lean protein. Seems to have kick-started things again. I honestly feel more energetic. The doctor and the gal at the Y had told me at the beginning not to drop too low because of the exercises that I was taking. Guess I should have listened! I just hope it continues to go in the right directiion.

Glad to hear you have a different doctor that is closer to you. Is Hwy 19 the road that I was on when I met you?

Mima
08-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Well -hope this post doesn't go into cyberspace. I use a laptop so that's part of the problem.
I guess I didn't give Brad my cold butit has gone into my sinuses. I am getting my weeklyshot and then going to the chiropractor. He does something to my head that helps.
Sometimes we just have to slow down Kate. Hope you have the least amount of pain with this. Praying for you.
Finally going to the good supermarket. Nothing in the freezer except hot dogs. Brad will get us some ind wrapped Tyson chicken at BJ's.
very humid here. The house stays under 70 but I have to freeze.
Wew-that was close-post left but it came back.
Bye for now-glad you found a new doc, Joanne. Mima

Kate53
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone! Joanne and Tammy aere talking about the beach?? I also live just about a mile or so from the Intercoastal and I only go to the park area there once in a while to walk Queenie. It is way too hot here now so I haven't been there since spring. We can watch the manatees and dolphins right there swimming around. I'm not crazy about the water there though...it is very brown colored and yukky looking evn though I know it is clean...it just looks uninviting. The Atlantic Ocean is over a "causeway" bridge but very easy to get to. We live about 10 miles from the Sebastian Inlet Park....beautiful place with lots of surfing and fishing. I don't swim in the ocean here at all though....too many sharks for me! I'm a North Atlantic coast girl...not into sharks! Tammy, you will be right near the oean when you are at Disney Resort. That's about 2 miles from the causeway bridge coming over to my "highland" area. The Kirby Veterinary place I was telling you about for Maurice is a bit farther than I originally thought from the resort though...I just drove it the other day and the milage was more like 5-6 miles from Rt. 510 intersection. It is still probably the easiest to get to but not sure how they are as a kennel. I have never kenneled any of my dogs so I wouldn't know how to "rate" them. And the last time I was at Applebees, they had several Weight Watchers (points) meals on the menu that looked great.
Seeing the orthopedic today to set a date and get information about the surgery. definitely not looking forward to this...at all! I have already checked to see what my co-pays are and what is covered but i am going to let his office gather all this info and see if it matches mine....I don't want any hidden expenses with this. Wait until the doctor sees what my co-pay is for physical therapy....$45 per visit. That isn't happening...no way I'm paying that (3X a week for 12 weeks??).
Have lots of little appointments to get through this week....the satallite TV people, lawn treatment people and A/C maintenance people. Then I want to shamppo the rugs, wash all the windows and clean all the overhead fans. I've already bathed the dog, got the pool up to snuff with salt, acid and cleaning and washed/cleaned inside the car. And no, I haven't lost anymore weight!! I also haven't been sleeping too well. This shoulder takes forever to get comfortable with when I lie down so it is a lot of tossing and turning. Can't weight for things to get back to normal! (what ever that is!) Hope everyone enjoys their day...

Tammy
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Mima, I know when I have been to the chiropractor that it has helped with sinus problems. When I get a massage, that helps too.

Kate, I'm with you about the sharks, although I've been swimming in the ocean down there many times. I was younger then, maybe I'm wiser now! I've been in touch with Dogkidz Daycare and the Vero Beach Canine Country Club. Trying to decide which one would be best. They are about the same price. I can go visit Maurice at one but not the other. Tim and I talked that no longer than I'll be there, I really don't need to visit.

At Applebees I had a grilled chicken spinach salad. Can't remember the name of it, but it was less than 300 calories according to 2 different places that I checked. It was pretty tasty!

Let us know what you find out from the doctor.

I'm going away with my friend in a couple hours, we'll be back sometime tomorrow. Her last fling before she goes back to school.

Kate53
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, after a 2 hour wait at the orthopedic's office I finally got to see the doctor. My MRI does show a tear that needs to be repaired along with a bone spur he will remove. I am scheduled for surgery Aug. 27th. Hubby had already put in for some vacation time the first week of Sept. so now he will add 4 days to it for the surgery date. That puts him home until the 8th of Sept. I'll be on my own after that. Hopefully this doctor can do all the repairs arthroscopically, without cutting the deltoid muscle like my other shoulder. That would help in the recovery time. Let's keep our fingers crossed!:crossed:
Tammy, I'll ask the girl who owns the pet specialty store I shop at about those kennels...she hears everything about all the "dog" places.
Need to get going here....have to clean today. Starting a "to do" list to get organized before the surgery as I will be out of commission for a few weeks. Bye for now!

Tammy
08-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Kate, I have your surgery marked on my calendar. Glad hubby is able to take time off to be with you. I would appreciate you finding out any info about those places! That would be great!

Mima
08-13-2009, 07:57 AM
good morning-my post got frozen yesterday. mammogram today! I have been praying for you, Kate. I was alone the day after I came home-counted on friends. It was ok.Brad got a call that there was a leak in the installation at a beautiful home that he worked on. It had dripped through the ceiling onto the bed and mattress. We have liability insurance so they will have to pay-there might be a 250 deductible/ It wasn't totally Brad's fault because the pipes weren't glued together but I guess he should have checked it.
Finally. my sinus headache has been replaced with asthma.
You have a nice trip planned, Tammy.
Hopefully we do too. going to Prince Edward island in September.
Suzanne is having another ultrasound today. Hope they can hear the heartbeat.
Bye before I freeze up again. Mima

Kate53
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone...and thank you for your kind prayers...it is appreciated. Mima, I've learned not to count on friends and neighbors for things such as this. My husband complains that I do too much for other people and should consider what they have/have not done for me...however, I am just not that way. I have always been a giver in respect to food and a helping hand. My neighbors do know who to call when they are in need and I am sure I could rely on them should I have the need and asked but I prefer to "pay my own way". I do appreciate your thought and prayers though!!
Tammy, I am going to see my friend who owns the dog supply store this afternoon to pick up some supplies for her royal highness. I will be sure to ask her about those two places and ask for a recommendation for possible others. I'll either post here or a private message. Right now I am waiting (as usual, I am always waiting for someone/something lately!) for the Direct TV repairman to get here. We are having a problem with our HD receiver...I think the most recent t-storm blew it up or something! The company actually wanted to charge me a $49.95 service fee for coming out to look at it. I pay a monthly lease fee for the box ($5) and another fee for the HD service($10). Boy, did they get an earfull! Not about to pay for repairs on equipment I do not own thank-you-very-much! They decided they would do a courtesy service call because I have been a "loyal customer".....smart move for them, huh? Boy, I sure can get bit**y about certain things now....

Mima, sorry to hear about those headaches....now asthma? It soounds like it might be related to the sinuses...do you take allergy pills? That trip to PEI sounds wonderful...I used to live near some people from there on Cape Cod. A lot of Cape Codders have moved to Maine or Nova Scotia...they say it is because those places are more like the Cape used to be 50 years ago. I do miss my hometown every so often but from what I hear, it has changed so much I would hardly recognize it now. I haven't been back since I moved to Florida....maybe I will make some plans to visit there this fall if all goes well.
Hate this waiting around for repairmen....they gave me a 4 hour "window" but I have errands to run and I want to get a move on here. Hope he shows soon. I'll check back later....hope everyone enjoys the day. We have rain forecasted for this afternoon and through the weekend. Oh goody....more mosquitos!!

Joanne D
08-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Hello Everybody..Still hot and humid here.
Been having a little problem with my sugar. Dr. made a change so hope that helps. If I could get my head together and lose more weight that might help.. I think I have been eating wrong again..
I need something to inspire me.. The daughter put up a humming bird feeder but so far no birds.
I hear thunder. I better get Christie out .. Back later. Joanne

Tammy
08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Mima, if it's not one thing, it's another, isn't it? Hope you feel better soon.

Kate, did the guy ever show up? I hate waiting around on people also.

Joanne, I have a hummingbird feeder beside my enclosed porch, and I've seen some, but not lately. I also have a goldfinch feeder that was very busy up until a few weeks ago. Not sure where they went.
I sent you a PM by the way.

Mima
08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Good morning. The lady that did my mammo was super-instead of crushing me, she used the hand pressure crank. What a difference. It's digital now. The wheezing is related to the sinuses because it drips into my chest-have advair and use it but not all the time.Supposed to go to lunch with campground ladies and then to camp . we are having a big potluck tomorrow night and I have a kielbasa bean, and casserole. My sil's recipe..
I have an appt with a consignment shop next week for 3 items. They are new in town-hope they succeed. She is going to look at my antique doll carriage , printer's box, and cashmere coat. there is money in this town so maybe.
They heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday! PTL
Be good everyone. Mima

Kate53
08-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone....I guess I am late today. Had to do a fasting blood test this morning and will go for a chest xray Monday am. This is all clearance for the surgery. Yes, the Direct TV guy showed up at about 11 am. He fiddled with our remote for a minute and voila...the TV was fixed! Guess the power outtage we had last week (power was out for 6 hours!) screwed the receiver box up and it needed to be reset. You would think the tech support person I had on the phone for an hour could have figured that out without sending someone to the house! Geeze!
Tammy, spoke to my dog store friend yesterday afternoon. She indicated NOT to do the Dogkidz Daycare place. She spoke highly of Vero Beach Canine Countryclub and said the woman who owns that is very particular and pays attention to details....is a very good business person and has reputable people working for her. She indicated it was a nice place in general and knows the people personally. The other place is dirty and not so careful about details of boarding other peoples pets. I hope this was helpful and I will add that I trust her opinions whan it comes to this stuff. Good luck.
Not getting much done today. I do have to go to the produce stand to pick up some fresh veggies. It has been cloudy and yukky most of the morning and I think we are going to get some severe t-storms and rain this afternoon.
Mima, my last mammogram was digital too....much easier on the boobs, huh? Hope everyone enjoys the day. Need to get to the farm stand before we get the bad weather.....

Tammy
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I have always had good luck with mammograms. Never really have been hurt when I've gone. Guess I've lucked out because I've been getting them for many years. Enjoy the potluck! sounds like fun.

Kate, that tv problem sounds like one that we had once. Thank you so much for the information on the 2 places! I know the woman at the VBCCC, also has dachsunds, so that makes me even more comfortable with that one. Thanks to your friend also!

I met a friend from my Wed. night class for lunch. It was nice. Just gave us the chance to get to know one another a little better.

Hello to everyone else!

Mima
08-17-2009, 07:42 AM
One time I had my son take my new tv back because I thought it was boroken-turned out the cable was out and I didn't know it. Poor Bobby.he asked me for a guest list for the wedding-I could never imagine myself giving him a guest list-he is 34. Wow!!!What a weekend-our toipet plugged up again and I won't write the details but we ended up putting bleach in the storage area after the pipe went. It won't happen again because Brad is going to set it up so it won't happen again.Lunch with gf's today-we stopped celebrating bd's and now celebrate friendship.
But we have to go to a wake tonight-a neighbor whose wife has ms and I went to college with her. But he was 86,
My Sunday school kids did not show up yesterday after I brought cupcakes and drinks for the last day. So I gave them away to a large family visiting that I knew from our former church. Those kids were happy.
Another warm day. Gotta clean for my friends seeing this for the first time now that we are settled in.
Kate, one of the ladies had surgery for her shoulder last Monday and she is going back to work today-she answers the phone. She had no pain after Wed. Hope you have the same experience.
Bye Mima

Kate53
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh, that would be sweet, Mima!! My last rotator cuff surgery was a nightmare....very long recovery and I was very uncomfortable for about 10 days. I have also agreed to be in a clinical study for a new medication for post outpatient arthroscopic shoulder surgery. It's a new pain reliever called "Nucynta"....just approved by ther FDA and is now being researched for orthopedic surgery. Not sure how I feel about being a guinea pig for this but I can always opt out of the study in the event the medication doesn't relieve the pain so why not? Just got a call from the lab where I went Friday for my fasting blood test....the girl left the tourniquet on too long and my sample hemolyzed....(blood in the plasma when they spin it down to seperate). I have to go back tomorrow am to re-test (fasting again!) I told them they could put me to the head of the very long line that is always there for fasting tests because I wasn't going to waste another hour of my time for their boo-boo. They will also have to rush the results for my doctor's appointment on Wed to "clear" me for the surgery. This kind of stuff really gets to me sometimes. I have enough stress to deal with right now worrying about getting the dog, the housework etc squared away for my down time and they screw up and have to re-do my blood work. I try to be patient but I will admit that I fall short of that more often now-a-days. Had my xray and met with the nurse about the meds this morning so now I need to get something constructive done around the house. Looks like we have some nasty weather coming our way...."Bill" may be off the coast sometime Friday...who knows where but definitely here somewhere! Oh goody!! Enjoy the day....need to get hurricane-proofed!

Joanne D
08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Kate - I hope your surgery goes well. Don't worry about Bill. From what I see on the weather reports You will be on the dry side and it is supposed to be a good ways out in the water.. You may not even get any rain.
Mima- Now that thing with your tv sounds like something I would do.. I can deal with most anything but not a plugged toilet..
We had a surprise shower today About 15 min. or so.. It has been so muggy and hot.
Tammy-I hate mammy grams. They always sqeeze me so that I end up with sore breasts for a few days..
Our son took a group of kids to a church camp last week. Him and his wife came home sick with bad colds. I love them but you couldn't pay me to go around them now untill they are well. This past year was almost too much for me.. Everything goes right to my lungs.
Hello Meme,Happy.
Joanne

Mima
08-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Next time, ask them to hand crank the pressure-then they won't go too far, Joanne.
I would be nervous awaiting the surgery, Kate. But the second time is easier. Maybe the new med will be good too.
We went to calling hours for a neighbor whose wife I went to college with. I hadn't seen her in 49 years. She has ms and a walker but she is going to try to live alone with help. I told her I would stop and see her-I have some pics from our college days.
Going to get a shot, hope the doc ups my thyroid med and go see Auntie.
Where is Anne, and Meme and Candace???
Mima

Kate53
08-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone. A quick check in...need to get showered and off to the doctor to get my surgery clearance. They hemolyzed that first blood sample so I had to give another fasting one yesterday. I was not happy but it is done....
Have to get so many little things done this week. I'll go grocery shopping after the dr. visit but need to get my livingroom rug shampooed. I'm hoping hubby will help me move a few things so I can get it done on Saturday. I use an Electrolux Foam shampooer that I have had for years...it does a foam/brush thing and has pile lifting attachements. It dries fairly quickly and then you just vacuumn afterwards. Does a good job too. I am also trying to line someone up to walk Queenie every evening for 45 min. for about a week while I get back on my feet. One girl quoted me $20 per walk and the other one $25 per half hour. I guess the old saying is true...."Time is money".
Hope everyone is feeling okay and doing well. I'll check back later....

Happy Canuk
08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Good morning. Had my gdaughter with me for a week, and I have been working lots, so not on the computer as much. I have been reading, but didn't feel like exerting the energy to type lol

Mima - Mice, spiders, snakes etc. all freak me out. I wouldn't be happy if they were in my house! The other thing is ants. Don't care for them either. Glad you got your toilet fixed, as that is one important piece of merchandise!

Kate - Hope all goes well with you and the surgery. When we have to get somebody back to our lab for a test, they always go to NO WAITING TIME and are taken immediately. Our walkins wait between 1-2 hours or more. The appointments are usually on time, but at time, even they get behind by 30 min or so. I don't find the fasting so hard. We can always have water to help out the old tummy. Results are always sent to the Dr., for the next morning, except, of course for cultures or odd tests.

Yikes, that is a LOT of money to walk the dog. I think I am in the wrong business!!

JoAnne - good idea to stay away from sick people. Had to make an appointment with my Dr. to get some meds refilled. She told me he wasn't taking appointments for next week, and to come to the "walk-in" Clinic. Told her, I wasn't sick, and didn't want to sit in the Drs. office with a bunch of sick people, so she did book me an appointment for the next day. Sometimes, I would like to throttle people. That girl was rude and she really should learn something about dealing with the public!

Tammy - How's are you? Are you still doing all that exercise? Don't know how you can do it, but sure glad that you can.

Have had lots of company lately, so it keeps me busy. My gfriend that lives in Chicago, was home so we had a good visit. This is a friend I have had since I was 7 yrs old. New meaning to the word "old" friend lol

Have a nice day.

Mima
08-20-2009, 07:55 AM
That's a long time friendship!What are they going to do with Evan in school-he is already reading and he knows how to e-mail. He is smart!!!!
Well, my dishwasher is installed and my car got appraised.And i went to my gf's pool yesterday but it is a long drive for such a short visit. The camp pool should be warm by now.
Did they schedule the surgery, Kate?
have a good day. mima

Kate53
08-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone. Mima, my surgery is a week from today...next Thursday the 27th. I am waiting to hear from the hospital regarding time, pre-admittance info etc. I also have an appointment with the orthopedic's nurse practioner for a review a couple of days before it. Should be an interesting week!! I just know I am not looking forward to it.
My FM has been kicking up big time lately. I am sure it is all the stress of thinking about all the things I have to get done before hand. And I am worried about Queenie and how well she will accept a stranger walking her....she's a great dog but can be very willfull....it's her breed's distinction.
Still need to get things done but I haven't had any motivation lately. Wish the weather would hurry up and cool off some....tired of this heat and humidity. At least we don't have any hurricanes coming are way...yet!
Hope everyone enjoys the day...off to kick myself in the butt to get moving!!

Mima
08-21-2009, 08:06 AM
I was happy when the hurricane missed FL.The humidity must be 100% today. Things in the garage are getting moldy so i am trying to get rid of it. brad just took some nice things to the swap shop at the dump. Nice supper last night at the campground. we are going back later . I* have an appt at the consignment shop for my doll carriage, printers box, and cashmere coat. Hope they sell.Waiting is so hard-get some video and books lined up for your re

Kate53
08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Good morning all. Yes Mima, a good idea about the books. I will probably need something to keep me occupied if I'm not going to be allowed to do any cleaning or such. I'm working on a "honey-do" list for hubby as he will be home with me for almost 10 days....oh goody! I'll keep him out of my hair somehow!
I am hoping this will be a faster recovery than the last shoulder. Because the doctor is doing it all arthroscopically, it should make a difference. I am anxious to get it over with....that's for sure.
Have't heard from Candace, Meme or Joanne for awhile. Hope all is okay with them.
I just finished shampooing my livingroom and bedroom rugs. Hubby wanted me to wait until tomorrow but I just wanted to get it done. I'll play on the computer while they dry so I can vaccumn them in a few hours!
I'll check back in a little bit. I'm planning halibut for dinner so I want to find a different recipe....I'm just so sick of the same old, same old. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Mima
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Good morning-we have been back and forth to the campground-lots of rain. But we had a chance to visit our friends. One of them left a small palnt and a bd card at the door. She is so sweet.
We celebrated my bd with 2 purchases from Penney's-dinner and a band concert and fireworks to celebrate the 250th in our town. Next weekend my kids will be camping and I told them I only wanted a bd cake.
Well-it's almost naptime. Try not to worry, Kate. Mima

Joanne D
08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ,MIMA.. I agree about Birthday gifts. What can they get for us at our age.. Ofcourse my kids still don't listen and get the gifts anyhow..
Kate.. Yes, don't worry. This surgery may be a piece of cake this time..
Happy.. Most of the time Dr.'s get girls working in their office that are dumb as doornobs. I asked one Dr. one time "where in the h--- did you find that one. She can't even spell."They hire girls they can get for the least money..
Hello Everybody... Joanne

MemeToo
08-25-2009, 03:47 AM
Hello ... sorry I've been MIA. Things have been busy around here but thank goodness school has finally started and hopefully everything will settle down now. Our Worship Leader at church resigned and guess who is now filling that position - as well as still doing the Co-ordinator of Education job? Yep ... you got it right. The Worship Leader or Worship Co-ordinator puts the whole worship service together, co-ordinates all the songs for the worship service, puts the band together, gets the special singers, heads up the practice sessions and then leads the worship service on Sunday morning along with scripture reading, etc. and either leads the other services or gets someone else to and is also in charge of all other special services. We have 2 pianos, 2 guitars plus a bass and drums in our band and we also usually have at least 3 singing in our praise team so practice usually runs one to two hrs. each week. I also take care of all classes at the church, getting teachers and all the materials for classes, etc. and teach a Sun morning and Wed. night class. So, this helps explain why I haven't posted much lately.

It has rained so much here lately and that has been making me hurt a lot worse. Kate, I didn't know you were going to have surgery this week. I will be praying for a fast recovery for you. Hope all goes well. Does your husband not like to walk the dog?

I only go on facebook to keep up with what my kids have been doing. Otherwise, I'd never know. Especially with my son, he never calls! :p

I'm going to have to read back later and try to catch up. It is just too late tonight. I need to get some sleep (if I can ... haven't been doing too good in that dept. lately.) I'll try not to be so long ... been missing you a lot! Have some things to tell you ... but later! Nite.

Mima
08-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Meme-you sound like my sil , she has the Sunday school tecahers she needs, was going to take on the lower grade if she didn't get anyone I would feel guilty because I said no-We are leaving after Columbus Day anyways.
Not a good weekend for my kids to come camping and the church picnic. Maybe it will change.
2 docs and Auntie today.
Bye for now-Mima

Tammy
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Catching up on posts this morning!

Kate, that will be interesting being in on the clinical study for the new pain reliever. Wish I lived closer, I'd walk Queenie for you. How long ago was your last surgery? I pray this one goes better for you with a fast recuperation time.

Joanne, I can understand why you don't want to be around people who are ill. You went through enough!

Anne, funny about not wanting to put forth energy to type. I can relate! That's wonderful that you had your granddaughter with you!! I am doing ok, we are on a break at the Y, so I'm not doing any classes right now. I have been to the Y and I've been doing some walking on my own though. Glad you were able to spend time with your friend.

Happy Birthday a little late Mima!! Get an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen! Yum!

Meme, you need to learn to say NO! (This coming from the person who is always getting herself too involved and is driving Tim crazy because of it!!)

Our county fair started last Friday, so I've been there every day so far. Band show, volunteering at the Christian radio station booth, helping out with another Christian booth, and one night just walked around with Tim and Lauren. I think he and I are going tonight. Only get fair food once a year. So far I've done well - 1 apple dumpling, 1 small taco salad, 1 strawberry crepe. Yum!

Joanne D
08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Well my day didn't start out so good.. I went out with Christie and down the street a couple blocks. She took care of business and we started back. She say a truck she wanted to eat. I lost my balance and went down on the sidewalk. I put out both hands and now they are bruised . Both wrists took a lot of the weight,one swollen and bruised. ,left knee that I have been having trouble with skinned and bruised. My face met the sidewalk and I was sure it was going to show a bruise. So far none..I managed to get up and get home. Fixed Christie her meal and took 4 advil. I felt it would take that many or more to settle me down. I went in and told hubby what happened and he said something I couldn't make out and went back to sleep. My answer was 'GET UP'.
Later my sister came and got me to go with her to take care of some business .
I'll live...
Joanne

Kate53
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Birthday Mima!! A few days late but Happy Day anyways! Hope it was a fun day for you.
Joanne, Ouch!! I have done the falling down thing before as well. No reason, just tripped over my own feet and down I went! Takes a while to get up now at my age....have to roll around for a minute to figure the best way back up! Sorry you got skinned up though...road rash...that hurts!
Tomorrow is surgery day. Had all my preliminary appointments and such. Need to be at the hospital outpatient section by 6:45 am tomorrow. Hubby will be home after today until the 8th of Sept. Not sure which will be worse....recovery from the surgery of having him under foot for 10 days! Yikes! I should be grateful he is able to take the time off to help....and I am grateful but I just wish it wasn't for so long. A few days might suffice but because he scheduled the time off, he can't go into work regardless now. Oh well, I will try not to be too demanding!
I found someone to walk Queenie for at least 5 evenings starting tomorrow night. She was recommended by my friend who owns the dog supply place and she is available for the longer walks as long as I need her. Hubby has such bad knees (bone on bone now) that he can't do long walks....he'll take Queenie down to the end of the street and back to do her business but that is about all he can handle. This girl will do the 45 minute walks to give Queenie more exercise. I should be back on my feet and relatively pain free in about a week. I can walk with the sling on.....
Off to vacuumn and wash the floors. Need to have the house picked up before tomorrow or I will go nuts thinking about cleaning it while I'm recouping. Hope everyone enjoys their day....I'll check back in a few days!!

Mima
08-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Lost my post yesterday-Sorry about your fall, Joanne, That's awful.Hope you are ok.
Prayers for you Kate! The worst part will be over soon.
Suzanne is feeling better. She has a script .Just will take it at night. She always has had a problem throwing up-she does it so easily. She's almost 9 weeks so it's only another month if...............
They are coming camping-We are supposed to get lots of rain on Sat. Maybe we won't-Danny!!!!!! Can't get away from hurricanes.
Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Joanne, I hope you are feeling better after the fall! Did you ever get a bruise on your face?

Kate's surgery is over. Wonder how she is getting along? Thinking of you kate!!!

Joanne D
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Tammy. No bruise on my face,just a small scratch. A big bruise on my knee and left hip. I fall so easy.. One of these days I may do a good job of it and break a hip. That was the second fall this month..
Mima- Did you get lots of rain? We have just got short showers. We need a several day rain. It drains off so fast here that it doesn't take long to be dry again.
kate- I guess you aren't feeling up to getting on line yet. Tke care of yourself and feel better soon..
Hello Happy,Meme
Joanne

Mima
08-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I am sick of these hurricanes coming up the coast. The kids came camping and it started to rain Friday night just as we finished eating. But it did stop on Sat night. Sunday was gorgeous when we went to the church picnic.I had to put the heat on -it is only 60 in the house. 2 more weekends-next weekend is a big cookout and a hat contest. Hope you are ok Kate. I hope you managed to stay on your feet. Joanne. Feels good to be here-I miss my computer.
Bye for now Mima

Tammy
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Joanne, glad the face didn't bruise. I hope you don't fall and break something. Be careful please.

Mima, it's been pretty cool here too. Tim said yesterday that he thought he could see his breath since he was so cold.

Mima
09-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Darn post disappeared.
Hope kate is ok. Going to get my shot and see gf and hope I can get a chiro appt. he's good like that but he doesn't open til 1.on Tues.
Very tired and stuffy yesterday. Hope everyone is good. we are going to PEI in 2 weeks. And i am getting my car fixed from Brad's bump. Mima

Tammy
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Mima, were you able to see the chiro? Hope so! 2 weeks till PEI! Time will go fast.

Well, my baby will be moving out. He and his fiance had their eyes on some apartments here in town that rarely are empty. We saw a sign up yesterday, and Tim and I were going through the apartment 15 minutes later. He talked to his fiance about it, and she said she trusts our judgment. The landlord had already had other calls I guess, but Tim was the first to see it. He called the landlord today and mailed the application and check. It won't be ready till mid October or later. They will be painting, cleaning, and fixing up things.

MemeToo
09-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Apartment hunting, I remember that from long, long ago. Sounds exciting but I'm glad it's not me! :p I'm having enough excitement getting ready for the yard sale I said I'd never, ever do again. But ... I have so much stuff I just hate to throw it all away. And daughter has a garage full of stuff that she needs desparately to get rid of and she needs the money so ... here we go again. Probably 1st Sat in Oct.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and all but got down on my knees an begged him to do something, anything, to help give me some energy and, also to 'fix' my immune system so I don't get sick so much this year. My Hemoblobin last month was only 10.2. I explained to him that I just can't afford to lose my voice for 3 months this year. It would be disasterous. Our church has no back-up plan for worship service. He just looked at me and said everybody gets sick at least 3 times a year. Wash your hands, get lots of sleep (I have fibromyalgia), and exercse ... I had just explained to the man that I had to rest after making the bed and dusting the bedroom!) I want a doctor who will listen to me. I asked him exactly what kind of exercise he suggested I do. He first said walk and I said, Dr. do you realize that I need a cane to get from my bed to my bathroom first thing in the morning. I have 2 kinds of arthritis in my right foot and ankle and I CAN'T WALK!!! So then he says I should get a membership to the Y and swim 4 or 5 times a week. I had just told him I had 0 energy and he tells me to exercise 4 or 5 times a week. IF I COULD EXERCISE 4 OR 5 TIMES A WEEK I WOULDN'T HAVE GONE TO HIM FOR MORE ENERGY, WOULD I??? I hate my doctor! (sorry, didn't mean to yell.)

Joanne, Don't you hate it when you fall and your husband just turns over and goes back to sleep like it was nothing. Or someone says be careful and don't fall, like you did it on purpose. My kids do that to me all the time. Like, I'm going to fall on purpose. I just want to smack them. I think I'm not as balanced as I used to be ... I fall easier now. Part of it may be my knees and ankles, though. They are so painful and when a pain hits them I stumble. I have almost fell going up the steps on the stage at church twice now. That would really be embarrassing.

Need to get some sleep. My friend is having major surgery at 7:30 am and I'm going to sit with her hubby. Be good all. Hope you're ok Kate and your hubby isn't driving you crazy! ;)

Mima
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Good morning. i sure wish they could get your blood up, Meme. Swimming is good-try it once. Got all the arrangements made for our trip. Well, most of it.Suzanne threw up 12 times yesterday-doc gave her a stronger med. Funny-not really-is that when she was a kid she was always vomiting with whatever illness she had. But it sure is awful trying to work and driving 2 hrs a day.tenan'ts father fell yesterday-I heard the crash and then saw resue truck outside, Haven't heard yet how he is. He's fallen before-that's why his daughter takes care of him-and they were all home. It's so beautiful here.Bob and Pam are going to Niagara Falls for her 30th bd this weekend. Bye for now-Mima-Meme-go to a specialist for blood-my aunt doeas and she loves him.

Joanne D
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Hello Everybody..Yes Meme, I do hate it that everybody tells me to not fall. WOW as if I could control that.Dr.s can be stupid too. Get another Dr.Before we changed to the one we have now they almost killed me. We could have really caused them some trouble for neglect.
Tammy..I remember well when my son /daughter moved out. I cried at the drop of a hat. But we have to let them go.
Mima.. Enjoy your trip.. When are you coming to Fl.?We have another storm out there but I doubt it will get to us..
Now ,I have to call the city works again. There is a bee/yellow jacket? nest in a tree on city property. I called this past few days and had a long discussion with them. They tried to tell me it was my problem. Yeah. I told them then that if someone walking down the sidewalk got stung and got sick or God forbid died it wouldn't be me that got sued. Within 5 min. a truck was out there. They sprayed and said that would take care of problem. No it didn't. 4-5 men out there then and they couldn't do it right. How is it they don't want to take care of a problem because of cost but they can pay that many men to stand around and watch a poor job done?
Joanne

Mima
09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Brad has to keep bee spray in his truck-they like to hide in the places he works on. Hope you get rid of yours.
What gorgeous weather we are having!
Man upstairs got dizzy and then he fell-said he blacked out. Broke his hip. I took his dog for a walk-a beagle, so cute but I think he pulled on me too much because I am sore.the campground tomorrow-lobster for those who want it-we pd of course. i am going to have some steamers. Then a campfire and hat contest. Should be fun.
Suzanne has been so sick but she got a new script that seems to work.
Have a good weekend. Yes, tammy it's got to be difficult with Tim moving out. But you should still see him a lot.
Bye for now Mima

Big feast at

Kate53
09-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I guess I am back....not sure why I had trouble getting on this site today. Did they change things while I was gone? Thank God I remembered my user ID and password!
Surgery went well....but I've been sore as heck for this past week. I had a bruise going from my entire arm over and down my boob. Looked horrendous but they said it was where the blood pools during surgery. I also developed a heck of a rash under my arm where the skin meets skin....itched like crazy but I kept it clean, dry and put a special cream there. Seems to have cleared up nicely. My PT comes to the house every other day now and my range of motion is excellent! I'll be doing out patient PT after next week. The doctor shaved some bone out from by scapula to make room for my rotator muscle and took off a large bone spur on the end of my collar bone. He also had to fix the tear in my muscle by "pinning" it to the bone. Yuk! Such details...just fix it! Last night was the first night I could sleep in my bed hugging a pillow to keep my shoulder stabilized. The first 6 nights were sleepless and I have been taking naps the past two afternoons because I have been so tired. I've been doing the recliner routine all week. Thank God for good pain meds...I don't think I could have made it without them!
So far so good! I have an appointment with the doctor Tuesday morning and they will do an xray to make sure all is well. I do feel much better today and I have been doing more around the house. Surprisingly, hubby did a great job of helping me out. He managed to not get on my nerves too badly....but I will be glad he is going back to work on Tuesday! I need to continue to wear a sling when walking the dog or doing any standing so my shoulder doesn't have too much gravity "pull" but I can go around the house and sleep now without it. Thanks for thinking of me.....it is appreciated! I will check back tomorrow and see how things are going!!

MemeToo
09-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Made it through another weekend. They are getting longer and harder. Yesterday wasn't too bad. Today I was at the radio station @ 8:30. Minister scared me to death this morning. He didn't show up until I was almost finished with my first song. I didn't know what I was going to do if he didn't get there. He's never been that late before!
Then on to church ... taught Sunday School, Led Worship for the service and then we had a church picnic. Came home and took a looooong nap. Feel better now! ;)

Kate I'm glad you are ok. Tammy, we all lose our babies and then, most of the time, we gain more babies. I 'lost' 2 and gained 6 more. :p

We have more rain coming in for the next few days ... joy.
HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE.

Candicej
09-07-2009, 05:45 AM
WEll...it sounds as if we are all having a tough time.....I am still in a pain funk and DH is being a butt......Hit my pinky toe on a shopping cart and with sandles on and it immediately turned black and blue and swelled and I had to use that foot to drive home. The pain was nausiating...that one little toe threw my gate off so my whole body hurts.....and nothing helps...well can't take anything without having side effects. The doc gave me Skelaxton but I'm afraid to try it from the side effects it has. I just have to get better on my own....who knew a pinky would be so painful!!!!

kate..I'm glad you are doing better...made me hurt to hear you tell about it!

Happy....don't work too hard:)

Mima..yuck mice...

Tammy....good job on the loss. Hope Tim likes his new place.

Meme....so ya run the whole church huh....so we can worship you;) Docs just do not understand what they can't expierence I guess...I am fed up with them too. My Gastro doc is pain in the butt lately.....says my bloating is constipation and I am not plugged up! It is the food I eat.... but everything. I hate that blaoted feeling.........

Joanne..I fall all the time....glad you are not hurting too bad. I hate it when the dog pulls........

Mima
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi guys-glad to hear from you-Kate, glad you are ok. The first week is the hardest. You really had a lot of surgery.
Ouch your toe, Candice.
We mostly moved back here from the camper. Going back to do a couple of things . Biggest part for me is putting things away-away from the -you guessed it-MICE. I have a plan that includes mothballs inside of plastic tubs-that have a hole in the top-and scented dryer sheets. And putting things up high. Brad has to do stuff to the roof and cover it.
We watched a 38 foot trailer being taken out of the site through trees. Brian did it with his tractor-he's the owner's husband.
We had a nice get together Sat night , ending with a campfire and a crazy hat contest. The whippet dog came in second-he actually kept his hat on.
Well, gotta put things away and think about packing for Prince Edward Island. I am thinking it will be cool.
Hope you are not too lonely, Tammy. I know the feeling but I ma thinking they are not too far. Worse thing for me was when Mike moved to FL and Alison was 3. I was alone then too.
Be good everyone. Take naps!!! Mima

Tammy
09-07-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm excited for the kids about the apartment. These are some of the nicest ones in town. Tim will move in when it is ready, and Lauren will move in after the wedding in May. I know that I'll still see him when he moves since it's only on the other side of town. I had also told him that he can do laundry here for now. He'll be furnishing his own soap and giving me some $ for it.

Meme, any chance of getting a new doctor? I don't think I like yours either! I do feel like I am gaining a daughter. I'm very comfortable with her.

Mima, we went to Niagra Falls when Tim was 2 or 3. It was a great trip. I liked your last post about taking naps!!

Joanne, I have cried some about Tim moving out because I know that this is the last time. I cried when he went to college each year, but I always knew he'd be back for the summers. Any progress with the yellow jackets nest?

Welcome Back Kate! Good to hear that the surgery went well!! Keep us updated on your progress. Still keeping you in prayers!

Hey Candice! Nice to hear from you! Ouch to the pinky toe! I know that hurts so bad because I've done things to mine.

I start back to classes at the Y this week. I haven't been doing alot lately so it will take a while to get back into the routine. Looking forward to it though.

Tim said today that as much as he has been working and going to school, I should be used to not seeing him. I guess he's right! lol

Joanne D
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Well a holiday this was not. I started out cleaning the tiles in B R and went on to the floor.. Then laundry, then the throw rugs, then the vacumning, then I moped the kitchen ,then I decided to clean the front porch and patio. In between I walked Christie and made lunch.Supper was eggs and toast. Now all I need to do is walk Christie once more and go to bed.Oh my aching back!!.
It took 4 calls and me getting frank with the city . I guess they decided to get me off their back and take care of the problem. They sprayed twice and finally had to plug the hole in the tree to get rid of the yellow jackets. I see some still flying around where the nest was.
Christy still pulls but I am trying to be more watchful so she doesn't make me fall. A broken hip I don't need
Hello All..Joanne

MemeToo
09-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Candice ... say your Gastro doc is a pain in the butt because he says you are constipated? I laughed out loud and no one is here but me. That was so funny. You should have told him that. About all my doc is good for is to dispense meds and send me to someone else who, hopefully, knows what they are doing. Hope your toe is ok.

Joanne, wish I had some of your energy. Right now, I'm sitting here with a backache watching re-runs. We went to an outdoor concert this afternoon and got caught in the rain so more is aching besides my back. Glad you finally got rid of your bees.

Hope you all are ok and had a good weekend.

Candicej
09-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Hey Joanne..have you seen those collars that do not let the dogs pull. It corrects them naturally but you have to hold them on a taught leash not aone that lets them run. Jaz will walk really well with me and when he tries to take off if he sees something it makes him turn toward me and stop. I got it at Petco...will have to look up the name....the gal there said she used it for her dog.

Tammy....I cried all the time when my son left for school....he will be leaving again next summer and get married in the fall. Maybe the two of us will become grandparents together!;)

Joanne....maybe you should fall more often if you get all that cleaning done;)

Mima....I did the thing with bins and dryer sheets too but they got in anyway at the old house. I hate mice!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in so much pain...spent almost 2 hrs onthe floor stretching and doing yoga postions and using tennis balls on my trigger pts....I just plain hurt. May try that muslce relaxor...soon.....woish I could take something more....we talked about Sevilla but I opted for later...may have to try that too.

Candicej
09-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey meme....I guess we are on at the same time....that's what I am here for to make you laugh;)

MemeToo
09-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Good thing someone is making me laugh tonight. Still sitting here hurting, unable to sleep. Another "Late Night With Meme" LOL (Only no one but my little doggie to listen to me! HA

Mima
09-08-2009, 07:11 AM
I have never been to a gastro doc who was the least bit sympathetic.y I would try probiotics-the ones I always forget to take.
Suzanne is sick again. At least she has some good days.
I am having a problem with electric bills-Florida says I am overdue-the camp says I forgot to pay one of theirs and they may be right and now the tenant owes me 175 which I know she will pay.
Tammy-it's so refreshing that Tim's gf is not moving in til after the wedding. Can't say that my kids did that-
I did a lot at the camp and I am paying but I am almost done. Getting my shot today. Lunch with Auntie.
Bye for now-Joanne-rest!!!!!!!Mima-everyone rest!!!

Kate53
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, aren't we all just a room full of fun here lately? Sounds like we should start our own therapy clinic! God love us for going through all this crap, huh? Sorry about starting the "pain club" here! That new pain medication called "Nucynta" is a great addition to the orthopedic surgery meds list but definitely has some withdrawal side effects if taken for any significant period of time. I hope everyone comes out of their injuries okay....
Off to take a shower to get my appointment with the orthopedic over with. Hopefully he will start me on out patient PT so I can get this show on the road! Need to get back to normal now....and get more of this weight off! Hi to everyone...busy day today so I will check back later!!

Joanne D
09-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Slept with the heating pad last night. Need to do some shopping today.. I give Christie a tablespoon of pumpkin for 3 days every now and then. The pug book said it would help with the anal glands. I spent almost 4oo dollars trying to get the proble fixed. She is still having a problem. I looked at two stores monday and couldn't find it I will go looking again today..They told me because of a flood where they are grown they couldn't get them???
Too bad we are all hurting..
Joanne

Tammy
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Joanne, you had a very busy day yesterday! Hope that those yellow jackets that are still around will go away. Wonder if the pumpkin would help Maurice?

Candice, OH MY to being grandparents! I do think it would be so much fun though. Hope you are feeling better.

Mima, Lauren won't be moving in until then because she is living at home and going to school. I think if she was closer, it might turn out to be a different story, but we'll never know.

Kate, you said you need to get back to normal. I don't know if I've ever been normal. lol I know what you mean though. My Bible study/weight loss class started back last week, and my classes at the Y start this week.

Joanne D
09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Tammy - Has your dog got the problem too? Maybe this is something that small dogs have.. I also give Christie cherrios. They can't hurt them.
I didn't do much today.. Just the usual stuff.
Hello Everybody..Joanne

Candicej
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Mima..I take probiotics but only 1 aday so I am upping them to see that helps.

Meme....I hurt soooooo bad last night....the pain is better today so I ran the sweeper and waterd....foot still bad though. Just put a sing up on your door..meme's on vacation for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:)

Kate..never heard of that pain med. What kind of withdrawal?

Joanne..probe? jas eats cherrios and carrots and apples with us. He had a gland problem when we first got him but it seems to be ok for now. Heating pad is my friend too;)

Mima..oh my on the electric bills.

hey happy..whatcha doin?

Mima
09-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Did I miss something about Candice being a grandparent??
I must have deleted FL electric on my e-mail. I pd it and it had gone down 20.
I still owe 65 to the campground , 51 that I didn't pay, and 75 to Westminster. We have too many places but enjoy them all. And they all are small.
Getting ready for our trip. It's cool so I will pack long pants.
My doc called in my scripts instead of sending them to me. Gotta go to Walmart anyways. Bye for now Mima-you sound like the old Kate, Kate.

Kate53
09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone. Terrible night last night....no sleep at all. Just couldn't get comfortable and I didn't want to take that "heavy-duty" pain medication. I tried the oxycodone and advil but no use. Feeling very tired today and I have a PT appointment at 2 pm...oh joy! I can only sleep on my right side....no turning over to the left or onto my back which is how I usually sleep. Even moving out to the recliner in the livingroom didn't work. I have to keep getting up and letting my left arm dangle downwards to get the pain to subside. My neck is very stiff as well....hard to get the pillow where it feels comfortable. I'm sure it is just the residual feelings from surgery. The doctor showed me the pictures (from the arthroscope camera) of the work he did on the cuff muscle and bone. Yuk! Too much information for me but I could tell he was quite proud of his work.....(like I give a crap, huh? Just fix the darn thing, right??) I just can't wait to feel normal again and get back to my usual lifestyle. I don't do well when I am constantly aggrevated with anything....like whiny neighbors or pain :)
Hope everyone is feeling better today....Candice, the medication is brand new FDA approved called "Nucynta". It's a synthetic narcotic that is an "immediate release" and eases acute pain of joint surgeries. Withdrawal left me feeling very disconnected and feeling like everything was a bit surreal but it only lasted about 48 hours. I took the medication for about 10 days. Great pain relief though!
Enjoy the rest of the day....I'm going to need a nap before PT for sure!

Mima
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
OH -pooh for the pain. hate those sleepless nights but added to pain it's awful. Wow we* closed up the camp yesterday because it's supposed to rain and we had to put a tarp on. I even taped a closet with a lot of blankets in it.
Getting ready for our trip to Pei-always packing to go somewhere.
Bye for now Mima

Happy Canuk
09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't post here please. Starting a new thread.