Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Wednesday's Thread

Starting thread...
Old 07-03-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Happy Birthday Jen! Hope you have a fabulous 29th.

Not much to say. Will be back later.

Winter
Old 07-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #3  

Happy Birthday Jen! Hi everyone-I WI today-wish me luck-the scale this am was looking good.....
Hope all the Americans have a fabulous 4th of July holiday!
Lori
Old 07-03-2002, 09:47 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning ladies!

Jess, how did WI go?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!

Lori - good luck with WI.... let us know how that goes.

Morning Winter! What are you doing for the 4th?

Lisa
Old 07-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Yippee!

WI last night was a good one!! I was kind of mad because I was late for the meeting and the receptionist didn't make any moves to get up and weigh me like she usually does. So, I had to stand there, fretting over whether or not I was going to be down during the entire meeting. Finally, the meeting was over and the jackass weighed me. I was down 2.4! Yippee!

OK, it's break time, I'll come back and post in a little while.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:53 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Wow!

Hi Jess, Winter, Lori and Lisa!!
I was so surprised to come in and see all of you already wishing me a happy birthday!! Thank you!!

It is hard to be at work today - the weather is nice, it is my birthday, and tomorrow is a holiday. I just want to be out having fun!! The boy called me at 6:30 this morning to wish me a happy birthday - isn't that sweet?? Things with him are going really well. I just feel so comfortable around him and always have such a good time. It is nice.

What are everyone's July 4th plans??
Old 07-03-2002, 10:08 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning Jess, Winter, Lori, Lisa, and Jen. I'm surprised to see this thread so hopping for this time of the morning.

Happy Birthday Jen. I hope it's a great one...maybe "the boy" will surprise you with flowers or some such goodie!

Lori, isn't it fun to know...just know...that you're going to have a good weigh-in? I love that feeling.

And Jess...all that worrying and you did fabulously! Did you go back to the idiot last night, or are you on your new meeting?

As far as fourth plans, I think I am cooking for a crowd (dh's parents and mine and a couple of siblings too) and then we're going to go to the lake in town to watch fireworks. Looking forward to that part...I wait all year for decent fireworks.

Jen, you said the other day that you went to Summerfest in Milwaukee. I'm a Milwaukee native, born and raised, and I am so jealous. I had plans to go to SF with family and they got cancelled because of our out-of-town visitors. So you'll have to dig back in your memory and tell me more about it so I feel like I was there too! Isn't that the best festival???

Since I am in a tiny town that doesn't have WW and the closest meeting is 25 miles down a one-lane highway, I've been doing it at home. I haven't been doing that official (and expensive) at home program, I've just been following the program on my own. I am missing that kick in the butt motivation that comes with knowing WI is forthcoming, though, so I may start weighing in here just to be accountable to someone. I don't konw though...I was always hiding my WI card because I didn't want anyone to see. Dumb...not like everyone there wasn't there for the same reason, but that's just something I've always been pretty private about.

Another incredibly long message...I better go get stuff done. Have a fantastic 4th everyone!
Old 07-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jayne, i know what you mean... it took me a long time to post my weight here. I was 220, and at my height... was quite a number. I was a size 22-24 at Lane Bryant. You're right... we're all here for the same reason... and you shouldn't feel bad about posting your weight at all....BUT if you still don't think you want to post it... start with 0. Say your weight is zero and go up and down from there. Just post -1.5, or +0.5 for example - but total it.

Jess - way to go!!!! AWESOME!

Jen - the boy sounds great. And I hope you have a happy happy b-day!

The board is hopping, huh? I'm just not in the mood to work... so i want to hang with my girls!

I'm calling the boys soon... I'm wicked nervous! What if they're home for some reason like they took some vacation time for the 4th?? AGH!

lisa
Old 07-03-2002, 11:02 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all

I'm actually around today - gotta get back to job-hunting, do the usual search of the online classifieds for sundays paper (i'm always like 3 days behind by the time i feel like doing it!)

No plans for the fourth yet - probably will end up getting together with the family though, it always seems to happen (extended family: aunts, uncles, cousins, etc)

Happy brithday Jen!

Jess - congrats on WI!

Lisa - good luck on the call! Let us know how it goes, you know, if anyone answers or not

Jayne, Lori, Winter, everyone else, HI!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:19 AM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Angie - good luck with all that job searching.

OMG!!! My heart is racing.... I'm not used to calling boys. I'm really not. I seriously just hung up the phone and came here to report. THANKFULLY no one was home, so I was able to leave a message and laeve the ball in their court.

Here's EXACTLY what I said... "Hi guys, this is Lisa. I was just wondering what you guys were up to this weekend. I'm actually going to be in New Hampshire for the next could of days, but I'll have my cell phone on me. My number is ...... Have a good fourth."

Like I said..... my heart is beating a million miles a minute. My legs feel like spaghetti. I was SO relieved when no one picked up. That's what I was most scared of. I wanted the message to sound chill... hopefully it did.

AGH! Being single is pure torture sometimes.

Lisa
Old 07-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Hey this quick reply thing is very cool - I'm still crazy busy at work so I have a lot of catching up to do. Everyone sounds like things are going OK. I'll pop by again when I can.
KT
Old 07-03-2002, 12:08 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default It's Friday!

Alright, I know it is Wed. but my day has a Friday flavor to it. Too bad I actually have to work on Friday.

Jess - Congrats 2.4 is awesome. I knew your hard work would pay off.

Jen - Glad things are going so well with the boy. Hope you have something fun planned to celebrate your b-day.

Good Luck with WI Lori. Let us know how it goes.

Jayne - you ought to pick a weigh-in day and report back to us. Not your actual weight if you are uncomfortable with that (I was for a while) but just -2, +1 kind of stuff.

Angie - hope that you get some leads on the job hunt. That's hard stuff.

Lisa - Good message. Cheerful but not flighty! Be sure to clue us in as to who responds.

Got asked out this morning by a guy that works for my company. I wasn't interested so I lied and said that I'm seeing someone. I'm never sure when it's someone that works for my company how to handle. I worry about offending someone that I may later work with or for when I turn down those invitations.

For the 4th I'm going to a party that Sean is throwing. Christian asked me to go but since Sean was on vacation in Atlanta this week, I offered to do a lot of the cooking so now I have a massive correspondence going regarding exciting things like potato salad and hamburger buns going with Sean. Not exactly the conversation I was looking for but I'll take it.

Winter
Old 07-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #13  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry

I just don't feel like working today!

Jess - Congrats on your awesome WI!!!

Jayne - Summerfest was a blast!! I'm sorry that your plans to go got cancelled. Believe it or not, I am a Chicago native and that was the first time I had ever been there. I had such a great time that I will be sure to go every year. Although, I didn't eat very WW friendly - bratwurst, fried cheese balls and lots of German beer!!

Lisa - Sounds like you did good with the phone call. And since they left you a message last weekend, it was a very normal next step to take. Hopefully you will be able to meet up with them soon and start to show some interest in Sean!!

Winter - Maybe you will wow Sean with all of your planning and cooking skills and he will lose interest in the LA girl!! That's cool that you are talking to him, even if it is about hotdog buns!

Hi KT and Angie!!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Howdy - I am here, just super busy. Sounds like you are all doin' pretty good!

I have WI tomorrow, and I am nervous about it. Although I did run for the first time since my accident last night so I feel good about that. And I went on a 2 hour bike ride on Monday, which is the most exercise I've had in months (due to injury) so who knows.

Gotta run, take care all and I'll write properly later.

Belle
Old 07-03-2002, 01:42 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Belle - good to see you're up and running again... sounds like you're recovering well, huh? And good luck at WI - don't be nervous (hah - easier said than done!)

Jen - thanks. I know I'm being a dork... it's just a couple of boys... I'm just not so used to this. I never call guys (mainly because they never call me) - so I'm still pretty new to this.

Winter - have fun at the party. Work it girl. Is his girlie interest gone yet? If so... definately work it! Let us know how things go!

KT - good to see you stop by! Have a fun 4th.

I'm outta here in 75 minutes... I can't wait!

Lisa
Closed Thread