LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends July 27 - 2 August

aguerin
07-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Good Morning All.

I had a POP Weekend and made it through both days of TO without any cheats. Not much of a WL from it though. Not real happy about it. :(

JLem311
07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
morning all. i'm done with day 8 of the 30 day shred..i even worked out on saturday and sunday. very proud of myself for doing this for 30 days in a row. :) i took my measurements last night and can't wait to take them again after the whole 30 days.

DD's bday party went great, and i'm still exhausted from the weekend.

here's a link to a bunch of my baking pictures. the aquarium cake that i made this weekend is in there. :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020114&id=1563273514&l=5f2fe50f92

be back later, hope everyone has a good day.

Kristinx
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Morning all. I was away for the weekend, and though not POP we didn't really eat much so that's something I guess! Last week before TOM begins so hopefully I'll get a loss this week!

sweetandspicy
07-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Good Monday Morning to you all. My MIL is doing much better and I want to thank everyone again for the kind words. she may even get to go home tomorrow but I am worried she will not follow doctors advice and end up back in the hospital. I did loose one pound this week, which was a little disappointing with all the exercise I have been doing hopefully I will get better results in the weeks to come. I had a bad weekend foodwise as we were in and out of the hospital all weekend and ate out twice. I thought I made good choice but after reviewing my calorie intake I did not do as well as I thought. I will try to make up for it the rest of the week. School starts back in one week and I am very excited about that. My MIL was our main babysitter and the past 2 weeks and this week has been a lot of driving on my part distributing our bunch here and there as 5 boys are too many for most to handle. I also am very organized and love the stucture that the school year brings to our family.

Jillian- I completed Day 8 last night. I was actually suprised at how quickly the 20 minutes went by and how much better I am at each exercise. I still cant do all the push ups the advanced way but other than that I think I am on track. I am getting nervous about level 2 which I will start Wednesday.

KristinX- good job on eating well over the weekend that is always my weakest time. Tom hit me this past Thursday so I am blaming some of my cravings and lack of weight loss on that.

Amy- I never show a big loss directly after take off but usually do well if I weigh a couple of days after (2 or 3 days) takeoff.

Nicole- Glad you bought the Shred maybe you and your daughter could do it together.

Hoochie
07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Back from vacation. Vegas was fun. We went and saw David Copperfield. Did some shopping but I am not happy with my figure so shopping wasn't my favorite. We did tons of walking. The hotels are amazing! Then when we got back, we went to the lake for a few days and did lots of boating. I love watching my kids tube and ski. I just ride in the boat and tan!
I didn't eat very well on vacation and I misplaced my cleanse that I wanted to do so now I have to figure out where I placed it.
I am going to really eat properly this week. I put on two pounds while on vacation. It seems so easy to put on, its just terrible.
Anyways, I am back on track today!

Jillian- wicked cakes! Hope your doing okay.

Well I gotta run, lots of work to catch up on! I'll catch up later

Joan

BarbaraB
07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi all your shredders, I think I'll go and buy this shred thing too.

I've decided to go back to my beloved BLUE LAWL plan. I was counting calories there and feeling more and more like I was about to slip.... that white knuckling feeling. I've lost two of the 3 pounds that I gained, and after last weekends exercise festival all I got for my efforts was massive hunger and up 3 pounds.... Anyway... we'll see... this has worked for me in the past all I need to do is measure things carefully.

chiquita623
07-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. I went for a couple of bicycle rides around the lake. Think it was 2.5 each time so I guess that's not too bad. Planted some things around the shed we built and tried to get the landscaping back under control. The weeds are taking over the driveway so I'm going to spray that tonight when I get home.

Jillian - I looked at your cakes. You are so talented. Hope things are going well with you.

Barbara - What is the blue plan? I don't ever remember seeing anything about that when I went to the COD before they closed.

Joan - Glad you enjoyed your vacation. It is just too easy to put the pounds back on isn't it??

Amy6 - Glad your MIL is doing better. Will keep her in my thoughts.

Kristen - You are rocking the smoke free life. Good for you!!

Dixie Amy - I haven't done a TO in forever. Maybe I should do one just to see if I can get things back on track.

Went to my GS's 8th birthday party yesterday. Had a super small piece of cake and only 1 tablespoon of ice cream. So I don't feel too badly about that. In reality I was ready to eat the whole cake and gallon of ice cream!! I need to work on my self control a little more when it comes to food and the things I like.

Better get some work done. Will be back later. Have a good afternoon.

JerseyMadchen
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

Not much going on, just wanted to say hey.

JerseyMadchen
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok, dinner's out of the way and i have some time for personals!

Katie- how's the no carbs/no meat treating you? I think I would die without chicken!!

Nicole- I am so glad you joined the 30 Day club! Join our group on FB!

I was backto exercising today, but haven't been 100%OP. I was really let down last week with no loss of #s on the scale. I know I have lost inches ( I did measure myself!) and my jeans are looser, but I was really down.

I am trying to be happy with who I am now, am trying to work onmy self-esteem. All I do is obsess about my weight! AHH!!! I amso sick and tired of it. Funny thing is today I ate almost a whole bag of Chex Mix Turtle Mix. I will warn you....EVIL! It is sooo good. But as I was eatting it, I was racked with guilt! Seriously??!?!?!

Ugh! I am just going to start small. This week's goal is to get my 72oz of water in a day and get taking my vitamins daily. Next week is to make sure I have fruit and/or a veggie at every meal. All along I will continue my exercising too. We'll see!!

Hope you guys are having a great night!

Mama Nicole
07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey Barbara......if you haven't already purchased the Shred, and you can wait a few days, check out this link........nice price :)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8744608
XOXO

Luckybustert
07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Hope you're off to a great start this week :)

It's hotter than hades here in Oregon....it's supposed to be 103 on Wednesday! Hubby and I are trading in that 103 in Portland for 107 in Vegas...our anniversary is later this week and he's taking me to see Rod Stewart in concert and we're going to Emeril's restaurant that night too. Now if I can just stay away from the cheesecake at the Carnegie Deli....lol....that stuff is lethal to my diet! Anyway, looks like my goal for this week is going to be to maintain. And to stay away from that cheesecake!

aguerin
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Good Morning All.

Suzanne: Nice Anniversary Present! I haven't been to Vegas in a few and would like to visit again.

Amy JereseyMadchen: The biggest thing to help me get back focused was logging my food. By doing so, you know what you have eaten and know what you still have left to eat for the day. Its kinda of like seeing your goal in front of you. Good Luck.

The 30 Day Shred sounds evil. But I am glad for all of you who are making your challenge on it. Congrats. I still have the biggest loser DVD from 2 years ago, that I have never used. Maybe I should get them out and try to get motivated.

JLem311
07-28-2009, 09:13 AM
morning all.
so i just got done with day 9 of the shred..and today decided to bump it up to level 2 instead of waiting until i was done with day 10. wow, it left me soooo sweaty! i actually enjoyed level 2 more than level 1. level 2 was alot more fun, i thought..(did i just say that?!) and made the time go by quicker.

anyways..that's my update for now. be back later.

sweetandspicy
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Good Tuesday to you all!!

Hope everyone has a terriffic Tuesday!!!! My MIL got to go home late last night and is doing much better, she still has a long road of recovery ahead but the prognosis for now is positive. I went school supply shopping last night, I am amazed at how much we as parents have to provide as well as pay school fee's. With 5 in school it is quite a task and it took me and hour to write everyones names on the supplies and put them in individual bags. Luckily they all were at football except me and baby Andrew so it was easier than usually. Now I have to dig out all the clothes I have hidden this summer and get that part ready for school.

Jillian- I did level 1 day 9 last night and think I should have moved up to level 2 a few days ago. I did do all the advance moves last night and that was more challenging. I think I will move to level 2 tonight if I have the energy. When I start my DVd I have to make sure my 16 month old has his juice and a snack and distractions. Lately when I do the jump rope he jumps next to me.. so cute

Jersey Amy- I think that working on your self esteem is a wonderful first step and will help everything else fall into place.

Dixie Amy- I have done the Biggest Looser DVD's too and they are good work outs as well.

Repo girl
07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Morning all!

Jersey Amy- I think that when you start getting too overboard worrying about your weight, you can make your whole life miserable. Good for you for recognizing that about yourself, and working to do something about it!

AmyM- I hear you on school stuff. We are on a much more limited budget than last year, and I have been sick to my stomach trying to figure out how to buy school clothes. Then my cousin, who lives in a resort town about 45 minutes from me, took me shopping at a thrift store where she lives. Turns out, the wealthy families there drop off tons of clothes each month that are very new and nice. They have a bag sale the last Saturday of each month where you can fill a trash bag with clothes for $8.00. We sorted through bins all afternoon, and I found enough nice stuff to set my kids for school, some with tags still on! A lot of jeans that I got for my son were Tommy Hilfiger or Levi brand. Anyways, I am way excited about my good deal, and that I can quit stressing about clothes. Now I only have to buy underwear and socks.

I have tons to do today, without much energy. I might have to lay around and read the new addition of Mother Earth news first, LOL. I stayed up until after 1:00 reading some of the funniest political satire I have ever seen.

Have a great day everyone!

Dairy Fairy
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey all!

I am back up to 204 for some reason. I think I need to be more conscientious about my water. I also ate off plan at one meal the day our air went out. It was just a lotta stress and I wasn't wanting to cook in a house that was almost 90 degrees. I did ok, I think...I had a small burger and about 10 fries. I would have definitely eaten more last month, but we left still satisfied.

We have been LOVING the casseroles that MTDebster has put up. I usually add extra veggies to whatever it is since my husband has to have 5 veggies a day...it gets hard fitting that in. I hope it doesn't hinder my weight loss. My husband has hit a little mini stall, but he's also drinking very little water so that could be it. Before when I lost weight very quickly I ate everything a la carte. That can get boring. Chicken breast, starch, veggies...REPEAT!

I wish I could have another dairy soooo bad. 1 is just not enough.

Sorry for the me-me-me post. My oldest is whining, it is driving me insane, and I popped in to escape a minute.

Mary

equinetcan
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone...remember me? I'm the one slinking back with my tail between my legs! have been back on track the last couple of weeks but it's a struggle every day sometimes. We just went through a downsize at work last week and although I made this cut - I won't make the next one whenever that happens to be. Hopefully not till the new year but we don't know.

I'm going to try and read back a few weeks on the friends threads to get caught up on everyone. So forgive me if I have no clue as to what's going on around here.

Luckily it's a long weekend up here this weekend so I am anxiously waiting for that.

Everyone have a good day...I'll check in later!

Alannah

JLem311
07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
hey alannah! good to see you back!

sweetandspicy
07-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

It has rained almost 2 inches here over night. On my way home from work yesterday it was raining so hard you could not see. It typically is very dry here in the summer so this is very unusual. Usually the farmers are begging for rain now they are saying the crops are damaged because of too much rain... My flowers,yard and small garden have done nothing but flourish so I surely will not complain.

I did begin level 2 of the 30 day shred last night and it was certainly challenging. My arms are feeling it today, but not my legs.

Jillian- I did enjoy level 2 more than level 1 as it was fast paced and did make the time go by quickly. I however am not loving the plank position. Very difficult for me.. But hopefully it will get easier. The first time is always confusing as you do not know what is coming next. Nothing is cuter than a 1 year old doing high knees...

Katie- What luck in finding such great school clothes. I am sure that somewhat puts your mind at ease. We do have all boys so every year we pass things down from one kid to another so that is always handy. This year my nephew gave my oldest a bunch of shorts however the oldest has gained so much this summer he can not wear them, but he did get a job at a firework stand and used all the money to buy school clothes. As for supplies, Walmart has a great sale this week as does Target(not sure if these stores are near you or not) but they had crayons and pencils for 27 cents.

Alannah- good job on getting back on plan...

Mary- I am sure extra veggies is much better for you than anything else. Plus in a casserole I am also sure you are probably not getting an entire serving of the veg so it will even out. Just keep up the good work.

aguerin
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Good Morning All.

Alanna: Welcome back and Good Luck! I am a recent return also. If I remember correctly you bought a house and maybe had joint custody of a canine with your ex? Is that correct? Sometimes its hard for me to remember.

I;m still not motivated to DVD exercise yet. Maybe in a few weeks when the WL Stalls.

My two boys are heading out today from Alabama with my mother on their way to the Grand Canyon - Driving. She is taking her 4 grandsons ages from 16 to 20 on a 10 day road-trip. I wish I could go with them. I think it could be the next reality TV show if they could record it.

Not much else going on with me. I'm going to be childless for 10 days for the first time in 18 years. I can feel the tears coming. :cry:

jewljz
07-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I got this on my health tip of the day and I know a few of you are into this so I thought I'd share:

*** Today's Tip: DRYING FRESH HERBS
To dry fresh herbs quickly, wash and place them between paper towels, then microwave on the highest setting for two to three minutes. If they are not yet dry, run the microwave for another 30 to 60 seconds and check again. Repeat until herbs are dry and crumbly. Date, store and use within one year for best flavor. Dried herbs are stronger than fresh, so just 1 teaspoon dried equals 1 tablespoon fresh for equal strength and zest..

JLem311
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
morning all. done with day 10 of the shred. wow, it's sweaty doing level 2...ick!

Repo girl
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone!

DixieAmy- Man, I can't imagine having no kids for 10 whole days. It would be wonderful at first, but then I would probably miss them at some point. Maybe.... Hilarious about the reality TV show.

AmyM- I love hand me downs. My cousin sends a lot of stuff over here that her girls have grown out of. It really helps. We don't have to buy supplies in our district, we just pay a supply fee to the school and they take care of it, which is really nice.

Alannah- Hey girl! Good to see you!

Mary- I love Debs Baked Ziti. It is by far my favorite.

We picked 3 lbs of huckleberries last night. It was really nice. We got to interact with a mommy and baby bird that were having flying lessons next to us. I think my DH is going to take my kids out for the day and try to pick another gallon. I don't know if you guys have huckleberries, where you live, but they make the most amazing wine, cheesecake, syrup, pancakes, muffins, etc. We have not been able to pick the last 2 years, and paid $60.00 per gallon for them, so I am thrilled to be able to pick this year. Oh, and I am not low carbing anymore, however, I really should be.

Have a great day everyone!!

Repo girl
07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Good job Jillian!

JLem311
07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
thanks katie! i put a nice quote in my signature. :) it motivates me!

jewljz
07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
DixieAmy – being kidless is fun for a few days, then it gets reallllllllly boring and quiet!

I’m on my 3rd week with no kids. My youngest has told my parents that he wants to stay for 30 days!!! I HOPE that doesn’t happen. They usually keep them until one starts getting homesick and then they bring them home, but this year they are having too much fun to get homesick… they are camping this week. I miss them.

My dog Copper had been missing for a whole week and I finally found him yesterday! It’s a long story that has finally come full circle. I placed a notice on findfido.com and received an email to go to my vets office in person (it had my specific vets info). So I went to the vet 1st thing in the morning and they said they didn't know anything. I called the humane society, and they said to check craigslist. There was a posting on craigslist and so I called and the lady said the dog went to a no kill shelter in a town about 40 minutes away. I looked up their website, but no one answered any of the phone numbers. So I called animal control in that town to see if they knew how I could get in touch with the shelter, and the girl (Jennifer) gave me the owners cell#. I called the shelter to find out that some girl Sara was fostering him. Talked to Sara and it sounded like she had Copper, we were going to meet late this afternoon. In the meantime Jennifer from the animal control office calls back and said she went to the sheriff’s dept and she thinks they have my dog... She sends me a picture and I take off to see and it was him! So I call Sara back to say I have my dog and she has someone else’s and we hang up. 2minutes later she calls back and says that the dog she HAD is gone and can she meet up with me to see if it’s him. So I pull over and wait for her to show up and she sees him and says "that's the little bugar!"

Isn't that crazy?! So then I take him to my vet to let them know what I've just been through and that I found him and need new tags for him and the girl says that last week some guy came in trying to drop off Copper and they sent him next door to the humane society who is not taking dogs right now! So I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors got sick of him running loose and tried to dump him thinking that I wouldn't look...

The lesson from this story is for every bad person there are 10 good ones! My dog is now an inside dog!!!

Repo girl
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Holy cow Julie! That is an amazing story. I am so glad that it has a happy ending...

JerseyMadchen
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Morning guys!

Julie- that's amazing about Cooper! I am so glad he is safe and sound at home!

Jillian- I LOVE your quote!! My exercise today is cleaning, laundry and food shopping!

Allanah- welcome back!

DixieAmy-Enjoy your newfound freedom!!

AmyM- great job on the consistent exercise!!

Not much going on here. I cancelled my exercise buddy today as she is still sick. She has been sick for a week and a half, and I do not want to get sick. I am not going to work out with her until she (and her two boys!) are better. We work out at my house and they're constantly coughing and not covering their mouth!

After all my cleaning and such, if I have energy I am going to do an On Demand workout. I guess i should stick witht he Shred.

JLem311
07-29-2009, 12:29 PM
stick with the shred, amy! you'll be happy you did! cleaning, laundry and shopping are good activities, but that shred will make you sweat!!! keep with it girl!

Dairy Fairy
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey all,
Monday one of my best friends called and asked for prayers. She's 31 and there was a lump in her breast last year that has quadrupled in size. She's having a mammo today and is really worried about it. Top that off, while I am thinking about her and her mammo this morning my sister calls and tells me that it is a secret but my brother has been getting dizzy and bleeding rectally. He had gone to the hospital ER with stomach pains less than a year ago and they told him it was gas. Now I am wondering if they just didn't catch something bad. The part that worries me is the doctor said "I'm going to have you do a colonoscopy before I tell you my suspicions." That doesn't sound good. Usually they say "Oh, I think it's nothing serious...let's just check to make sure." Maybe the doctor just has a horrible way with people- would not be the first time a doctor had bad bedside manner.

I haven't weighed in a few days but I am staying on track with eating. It's just hard to remember to weigh first thing with the kids waking up and I don't want to weigh after I've eaten and gotten dressed.

Amy- That road trip sounds AWESOME. Kudos to your mom for taking that challenge on. She sounds like she is full of spunk.

Katie, we can buy our supplies from the PTA for $45. I declined thinkign I would save money. I ended up and spent about $35-$40. Next time I will be just paying for the packet. It is not worth the effort of hunting down those obscure items in 4 different places!

BarbaraB
07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Mary, I was never good about limiting my vegetables, and the really helpful counselor at the COD said it didn't really matter a whole lot with most vegetables. With an extra serving being about 20 calories, really it is not a make or break deal thing with the weight loss. I've been on a plateau for almost 2 weeks myself and it is discouraging, but normal. I'm pretty sure that one of these days I will get on the scale and it will be down. I just never know when, and when I think I do know when it will be that almost jinxes the whole process. Exercising is definitely not any immeditiate fix to get the scale to move, but it is very helpful for fitting into your jeans.

Amy Jersey, I bet you've shrunk quite a bit. People notice when you are smaller, not when the scale goes down. That number is not written on our forehead or anything (thank goodness, I would absolutely be horrified if it were). So don't let a mechanical device (the evil scale) tell you that you are not succeeding when you are.

Hi Alannah, How is Chancey? Glad you missed the layoff. Maybe by next winter businesses will start picking up. Hope they are not just going to make everyone work longer hours for the same pay to make up for the layoffs, since that is the hardest... It seems like what is happening where I am, although there have not been any layoffs in my area, but about 20% of the people have left over the last year or so and not been replaced... All that work still needs to be done, and the ones left just have to absorb it all in. I'm salaried so no overtime for me, and lots of pressure to work long hours. They don't really think it is an issue until everyone is routinely working over 60 hours per week, which is way, way over what I want to work. Before that we are not being "utilized" to our "full potential".

equinetcan
07-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Amy - yes that's me. Still doing the dog sharing. As a matter of fact I go get her tomorrow after work but I have her this weekend until Monday night as my ex is going away for the long weekend. So I get an extra day with the fuzzy bear.

The heat has hit here with a vengeance now. I like it around 25C or lower. This feels like 35C is for the birds. I hate it. But we still only get a day or two of somewhat sun and then usually 3-4 days of rain and showers. Its been doing that all summer and it's starting to get a little tiresome. 3 days of sun just once would be a real treat! LOL

Not a whole lot to report from today...just taking it easy tonight and relaxing.

I'll check in again later :)

JerseyMadchen
07-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey guys,

I just need to vent. I have been working out for more than 3 weeks now and I haven't lost one pound. I know it's not all about the pounds, but ONE pound would be nice. I am not eatting 100% OP, but I am not eatting terribly either! I am not eatting anywhere near what I WANT to eat!

While food shopping today I passed te bakery section and was practically drooling. I thought to myself, I don't even eat any of that crap and yet I stay te same weight. Actually I weighed myself yesterday and was up 2.5 lbs. I didn't exercise last week and ate horribly as I was home at my mom's for a week. But the 3 weeks before that I was eatting well and working out.

I hate exercising with a passion (unless it's tennis.) So why keep exercising when it's not even paying off? I am so down! I don't know what to do.

I was considering joining WW and going to the meetings, but I don't think I will succeed. I did WW Online and didn't lose anything. Plus, with all the exercising I am doing, it will give me even more points to eat...

I don't know what to do guys. I guess I don't really want to lose weight deep down? Is that why I can't lose? But yet when I put my foot down and try to be happy with who I am now (all 237.5 lbs of me), I am not happy either. UGH. I think I have some major self-confidence issues to sort out!

Kristinx
07-30-2009, 07:50 AM
I know how you feel Amy...when I was doing the Wii Active 30 day challenge (which I only made it through to Day 20 before injuring myself) I didn't lose a single pound! Super frustrating. I wish I had a solution...have you been taking measurements? There may be changes there. Or maybe it's just taking awhile for your body to catch up.
Sometimes with exercise too we end up more hungry and tend to eat more thinking it's ok because I exercised. When I began tracking that I realized I was still probably eating too much.
Another theory I am finding successful is a sort of calorie cycling only I am doing it with WW points. Some days you are just hungrier than others...on those days I will eat an extra 5 pts if I need to. Then the next day I might not eat all my points...leaders may not agree with this...but I dunno...it always keeps your body guessing so it never gets used to burning the same amount of calories everyday.

I had a rough day yesterday but didn't turn to food! Just found out from the mortgage broker that while I can get a mortgage on my own, that is only slightly less than what we are looking for...FH's credit hasn't been good for a long enough period...to include him on the mortgage would only hurt me they said....and I honestly want this to be something we do together so...looks like at least another 6 months living in the ****hole we live in, try to tackle some more debt and see where we are then. I really want us to have our own home to come back to after we gett married...which is about 9.5 months away....UGH!

On the weight loss front however, good news...down 2.4 lbs from last week! YAY! And TOM is about to start too!
Also, talked to FH last night as I want to get off birth control pills..been on em for 11 years and just sick of pumping hormones into my body. I'm starting to think they may be the culprit for my bloating, constipation, anxiety and mood swings. So....we've discussed non-hormonal methods as we don't want to get pregnant obviously. Feel good about all that...looking forward to seeing what I am like off those pills as I've never really known me without them!

sweetandspicy
07-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Weight loss can be very frustrating. Everyone looses at different rates and in different places. Someone can loose 20 pounds go down 2 sizes and look amazing and then me loose 40 pound barely gone down 2 sizes. Some people can stop drinking soda and loose weight while others follow a strick plan and barely loose any at all. Don't even get me started on metabolism. I apparently don't have one at all. I was watching TV and a comedian was saying her metabolism was like a hibernating bear going through menopause. That is about how I feel sometimes.

So there is no easy solution, no magic pill, and no way to know when or if your hard work will ever pay off. But the only option left is to quit and if any of us really wanted to quit we would not be on this website. To me you have to figure out what works best for you and your body. It may take you trying every diet/weightloss plan out there but when it starts to work it will all be worth it.

Life is hard, life gets in the way and there are always going to be obstacles to distract you or to derail our weight loss plan. But you know what I decided 20 weeks ago that I am going to loose weight, I am going to keep it off and No one/nothing is going to stop me.

So here is my rant:
I am 32 years old, have 6 children, a husband, a home, a full time job that breaks my heart every single day and an extended family that depends on me greatly. I could make any number of valid excuses to stop eating right or to skip exercising. Right at this moment I have 3 sick kids, 5 kids to take to football practice every night, school starting monday, a wrecked car to get fixed, a house to clean and a baby on my case load who is in the hospital barely hanging on because her mothers boyfriend let her "accidently" fall off the bed and myself and co workers are staying at the hospital with her because there is no one else in this world she can depend on. I did the 30day shred last night and got up cleaned the bathroom and packed my lunch for today,took my kids to 3 different relatives, marinated some chicken for tonights dinner, went to the post office, put gas in the car and made arrangements to get my car fixed all before 8 am...

We are Women we can do anything!!!!

Amy- do not give up, your hard work will pay off. It takes time but in the end the results will be there. Use your on demand exercises, keep up your tennis and keep eating right. You can do it!!!

KristinX- great job on your 2.4lb you will be at yoru wedding goal in no time. The best way to bring your BF's credit up is to pay everything on time and to make sure your BF has some kind of Secured credit in his name and that the payments are current. That willmake all the difference.

aguerin
07-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Good Morning All.

Jersey: I wish I had a magic wand to cheer you up. The weight will come off if you will give it time, but you need to stop the self-doubting and get focused on the program. The little cheats are sabotaging your WL and making your self esteem drop. Once again, this is a life-style change, not a diet. Focus on the little victories and build on them. You are doing wonderful and you can't see it!, But WE CAN!!!! Don't give up. :cheer2:

Congrats Kristinx on the 2.4 lbs. Thats awesome!:cp:

Does anybody have an alternate to the expensive, 2 a day, protein bars? I am talking about the Luna's, South Beach, etc. I am looking for something I can maybe make myself (that's edible). :) I found a previous post from Dan for "Protein Power PB Cookies". I made the cookies last night and they are good, but not sure if they are a suitable sub. The Cookbook says 2 = 1/2 P, but when I did the math 2 = 190 calories, 8 grms protein. Which is close to the protein bars.

AmyM: OMG just reading that post made me tired. You don't need to exercise. :lol:

JLem311
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
amym--good post! :)

i'm done with day 11 of the 30.. :)

Kristinx
07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Wow Amy M..you ARE superwoman! lol Just reading that made me exhausted haha.

And yeah I am the financial planner is our relationship for sure. A year ago FH's credit was bad, a couple outstanding payday loans and no other credit. So I got him a secured credit card and we got the 2 debts paid off with release letters from the reporting agencies. So everything is good now...just it's only been 7 months since all that got straightened away so it was suggested we'd be better off to wait another 6 months to a year and attack some of my student debt to be in a better position when we buy a home. It probably is better but I just want to own something! Sick of paying rent instead of investing in a home...but I guess 6 months in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad...just a little pissy and embarassed that even though we make more than twice the average household income in our province we can't even get our **** together to get a house?

Sorry, bit of an off topic rant

Repo girl
07-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Also, talked to FH last night as I want to get off birth control pills..been on em for 11 years and just sick of pumping hormones into my body. I'm starting to think they may be the culprit for my bloating, constipation, anxiety and mood swings. So....we've discussed non-hormonal methods as we don't want to get pregnant obviously. Feel good about all that...looking forward to seeing what I am like off those pills as I've never really known me without them!

I can relate to this. Birth control pills started my slippery slope with weight gain, and also made me unable to conceive for 18 months after I stopped taking them. I know that this is TMI, but for 6 years, since my youngest was born, I have relied on the calendar and condoms, and have avoided pregnancy. I think that all of the hormones in the pills, patch, shot, etc, really screwed me up.

Repo girl
07-30-2009, 10:13 AM
AmyM- I love you! And you are right, "We are women, and we CAN do anything!"

JersyAmy- Maybe you ought to consider talking to a counselor or getting hypnosis like Barbara did to help you with the self confidence part. I also love self affirmations. I have my clients do stuff like this all the time. Type up some positive things that you can put on the mirror, fridge, front door, etc, that you will see often everyday, to help you remember how special you really are. You know what? I am going to start a thread about this, see how many good ideas we can come up with.

Hoochie
07-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Time to catch up with everyone well I ahve a minute.

Julie- SO glad you got your dog back. That is an amzing story. I can't imagine life without my dog. I had my other dog put down in May and I still think of him every morning. I enjoy everyday now with my little bichon. I still sometimes think he is a little lonely but I am not ready for another puppy yet.

DairyFairy- Sorry, don't know your name! I am so sorry to hear about your best friend and your brother. Hopefully your brothers results will come back okay. I will say a prayer for ya.

Barbara- When I was in Vegas, my kids talked me into buying some True Religion jeans. I was amazed they had my size...yup a 32 waist. They are fitted if you know what I mean so I have been on my treadmill this week and I have actually jogged 20 minutes each night. The sweat just pours but I really want these jeans to look good. I know that exercise helps me to lose inches so that is what I am working towards....
I figured if I bought them, it would give me a goal!!!!

Amy- I know the frustration with losing weight. I feel the same. I have also felt sometimes that I must not want it enough and thats why I can't lose weight. Other times I feel like its my metabolism. When I quit smoking, it took me many tries as well and then one day the light switch turned on and I decided never to smoke again and I stuck with it. I think the same thing will happen with weight loss. One day, a person will just figure it out. You just can't give up. Its a whole lifestyle change and it takes time. Hang in there. You are a big encouragement to me when I see how active you are.

Kristin- Congratulations with your weight loss!

As for me, I am working out this week and I am really trying to limit my evening eating. This is totally my downfall. I find that when I jog in the evening, it takes away my hunger and rather has me drinking water which is awesome. I am determined to lose 5 pounds by the end of August. Its a small attainable goal!!! I am going to do it for ME!!

Hi to everyone else I missed!

jewljz
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Kristin - Congratulations on your impending pregnancy :) Just kidding! I had a flash back to when I was getting married and got off birth control, I was pregnant within 30 days of our marriage!!! I'm not trying to scare you, just be sure to do your research. I was on birth control for 10 yrs prior to getting pregnant and it didn't affect me one bit, I thought it would take a year for it to leave my system, boy was I wrong! One more thing, check out Dave Ramsey's book and website, we have TOTALLY flipped our life using his teachings!

AmyM - all I can say is WOW!

JerseyAmy - if Tennis is what you love most, do that! I have a sister that stays totally fit on tennis alone, she plays every chance she gets and is on more than one team. Maybe daily exercise in front of the TV is not for you... I've been working with a trainer and some people say that they absolutely LOVE doing that... I don't love it. I don't think I hate it, but I definitely don't love it and often find myself sabatoging myself by not giving 100% to it... I think a part of me is just rebellious about some guy telling me what to do, I already live with one of those! Anyway, find what you love and watch what you are eating, I am one of those people that feels like I can eat more when I exercise and in turn, I don't lose when I'm working out.

JerseyMadchen
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for your words of inspiration, I consider you true friends! I've been getting upset with a cousin of mine who keeps telling me what she did to lose 55 lbs after her second child and what she thinks I should do. I know she says it to try and help me, but I can't help getting annoyed at her!!

I need to come up with a plan that works for me. I know I do MUCH better when I am in school/work and am on a set schedule. I swear it's harder when you're home most of the day! I love to cook and don't want to give that up either... I am determined to start with my water, vitamins, a fruit and/or veggie with every meal, and working on my self-esteem.

I have come up with an exercise plan too. I figure I will work out 5 days a week. I will do 2 days of On Demand workouts (any as long as they're at least 20 mins.), 2 days of walking (tradmill or outside), and one day of Wii Fit. I haven't been playing my Wii or using hte Wii Fit as I say it's not enough exercise. Well, it's FUN! And if I count it as a day of my exercising, that's good!

I posted something I found online in the thread about loving ourselves. Thank you for starting that Katie, I NEED it!

JerseyMadchen
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Kristen- I understand what you're going through with a house. I want one SOOOO bad. I am living in my in-laws basement, there's not much worse than that! I want out!!! We're trying to knock down debt, we have about $4k left, then start looking in September or so.

Katie- thanks again for the advice and the thread. I am going to start today with affirmations to myself!

AmyM- You're incredible! Wow, I feel like a bum compared to you! I am so sorry to hear about that baby. I could never do the job you do, I would fall apart. It takes a STRONG woman!!

Julie- you inspired me to look up Tennis clubs in the area and join. I don't want to play by myself, but if I am in a league, that would be great!!

Joan- thanks for your advice. I agree, I need to figure this out myself!

DixieAmy- thank you too for your encouragement. YOu sound like my husband... he says "small victories" all the time! I need to start listening!!

zambejaly5
07-30-2009, 03:42 PM
wow! so cool to still see so many of the old clan here. I thought I really need to check in at least once every six months! I spend way too much time over at Facebook and most of that with 3fc people! haha....

great to see ya and catch up a little.

Repo girl
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice avatar Lettie, lookin HOT!

zambejaly5
07-30-2009, 04:10 PM
ok ok ok. I needed a kick in the butt. so I ordered the shred.

zambejaly5
07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
who says forty is old huh?

JLem311
07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
yay, lettie's back!

JLem311
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
ok ok ok. I needed a kick in the butt. so I ordered the shred.

hellsyeah! good to hear! you'll love to hate it!

Mama Nicole
07-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Lettie......maybe we can do it together.....as these girls are already on day 11 or 12. I ordered mine a few days ago, and I expect in soon. My sis is going to be here all next week, and I have great plans of eating off plan. I was going to say, "eating like a hippo," but I changed my mind. Well, I guess I did say it anyway....whatever, I am nuts. Katie is right.......you are looking really great. One day I will try and take a new pic of myself.....I suck at it lol.

Amy M. from one mom of 6 (well, kind of, one is a grandbaby, but she is with me right now) to another mom of six.......you are my idol. I hate morning, and I am lucky if I am even out of bed by 8:00. I do stay up late and do a lot of my work, so it's not the life of luxury here.......but girl.......you must be one organized woman to pull it all off and work too. I think part of the reason I don't work outside of this place is because I am just not quite organized enough to keep it together to be presentable in public. It must be a constant juggling act for you. You ROCK!!!!

Ok, time to do the laundry......:)
XOXO

zambejaly5
07-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Absolutely Nicole I will do it with you. I wish I was closer I would help you with the profile pic. it really is all smoke and mirrors. I have that on facebook as you know, and my sister-in-law flipped out, and wanted to know how I got so skinny. well I have actually found almost 20 lbs back this summer which puts me at 193. yikes. thus the kick in the ***..... and if that picture looked like 193 I would never have put it on facebook. haha! facebook is my skinnyland. I figure I can have FB be my fantasy land....

so anyway. yeah. let me know when you get yours and when you want to have our official start date. and we will kick each other around

jewljz
07-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Katie - tell us more about your book - you don't have to spill the story line, I am just curious as to how you got started and how you know where to start and stop? I've kicked this idea around for a while now and would love your insight!

Hey - what ever happened to Kim?

Repo girl
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Katie - tell us more about your book - you don't have to spill the story line, I am just curious as to how you got started and how you know where to start and stop? I've kicked this idea around for a while now and would love your insight!

Hey - what ever happened to Kim?

Well, the truth is, two other projects that I have been working on sparked this one. I started writing a different book in Feb about spiritual vibrations. I was channeling from a guide. I wrote 64 pages, went on vacation, and somehow lost contact with the guide. I am hanging on to the manuscript, and I think that I will finish it later on, but right now I do not have enough time and concentration to offer to it. Also, some of you might remember that I designed a set of Divination Cards for my kids for Christmas. I liked them so much, that I designed a set for my clients, and have been working on a set to try to get published. In my work (Reiki, Medical Intuitive Readings, channeling, etc) I come across a lot of parents who are struggling with their belief systems, and ask me how I teach my kids what I believe. I realized that the kids cards were only one in a series of teaching aids that my clients and students would benefit from to work with their kids, so I started working that direction. That whole project got me thinking about how communities and families deal with diversity. I do not live in a diverse town, and it is very difficult for those who are different....and that sparked my book about Religious diversity. It is a novel, but contains a lot documented facts about Christianity, Pagan/Wicca, Hinduism and others. The research has been extremely rewarding and interesting, but also time consuming. The first 50 pages just flew out of me in no time, but the last 50 were a lot more tasking. I decided to stop at 100 pages and print, for my mom to edit. She is a teacher, and is excellent at this kind of thing. Now I am moving on the second half of the book. I already know how it will end, and I am moving in that direction. There will be at least one more book after this one, maybe more. My goal is to have it completed by Halloween, and submitted to publishers by the end of the year. I really need to pick up the pace in order to meet my goal, but I think that I can do it!

JerseyMadchen
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey Lettie!! Welcome back!!

I love all your pictures, you are so gorgeous! And sexy!! YOu go girl!!

Nicole and Lettie- I am recommitting to the Shred, so I will definitely join you!

Lettie- we need a Race to something started by you or old times!!

jewljz
07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
that's amazing Katie! My daddy always tells me I have a gift for writing, (I know, I know, he's biased) but I'm always storytelling and even have several friends that keep in touch with me just to hear what's been happening in my life or what crazy things the kids are up to. Even if its only to document my life and views up to this point to share with my family and generations to come, I think I'd like to write a book... think I'm crazy?

Repo girl
07-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Julie- Nope, not a bit. Writing a memior and keeping up with all of the crazy things in life is a great thing to do. Other people's lives are always interesting!

JLem311
07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
morning all. i finally got the scale to budge. down a pound. :) on to complete day 12 of the shred.
be back later.

sweetandspicy
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Jillian- way to go on the pound!!. I am sure when we are finished there will be inches lost. I would rather fit into smaller jeans than see the scale go down. The plank moves are still kicking my butt, but I am sure they are suppose too. I think I can tell the biggest difference in my arms so far, they are sore but seem a little tiny bit smaller.

Katie- the book sounds great!! what an inspiration. I have written a childrens book and just need to get it out there. My kids love it is about the first day of school. I thought It would help other kids too.

Amy- You are right you need to figure it out for yourself, it sounds like you have good exercise plan and adding fruit and veggies will help too. I think joining a tennis league would be great. As for my work, it is not for everyone and not what I intended to do with my life, but there are as many rewards as heartbreaks so it evens out. When you have a child come back and tell you that you saved their life it is all worth it..

Nicole- I stayed home with the oldest boys until I finished school and for money reasons I went back full time 6 years ago, shortly after Cameron was 1. I still wish at least once a day I can stay home with them, but except for the baby the older kids are all so busy they really act like they don't need me anymore..But you are right it is about organization and sometimes with boys it seems next to impossible but somehow we keep making it..

Julie- you should definately write everything down, I think it is a wonderful idea. When you look back you will be so happy you did

I am so happy everyone is going to do the Shred!!!

JerseyMadchen
07-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Morning guys!

Jillian- congrats on the scale move, that's awesome!!

Julie- I used to write down memories of when I was dating my ex, and I used to love and go back and read it. I have of course thrown that out, but I need to sit down and do it with my DH.

Not much going on here. Looking forward to dinner tonight with DH. He works so much that we dont get much time together. TOnight we're having dinner together and then watching a movie! Yey! I may push to go OUT to a movie.. I really wantto see Funny People.

aguerin
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Hello all. Been kinda busy at work, so not much time to chime in.

Still going strong on the plan so thats good. The WL is starting to be noticable to the office staff so I am getting comments. We had the monthly B'day party yesterday and I didn't cave on any cake. Haven't had any more donuts taped to my door lately either so that is good.

Not much planned for the weekend, other than not being at work. I think it is suppose to rain here all weekend anyway. I would really like to get out and work on my tan.

Great to see you Lettie.

Have a great weekend and focus on your goal.

Dairy Fairy
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Ok,
My brother's tests were today and he has polyps and a wicked case of gastritis. He will be fine with medicine and better eating habits. They said he has almost no fiber in his system. He was coming home from work every day then doing farm work then eating at 8:30 at night and sleeping at 9pm. No digesting time. His girlfriend said she will have food fixed for him when he gets home so he can eat and then take care of his animals before goign to bed so that's good. I really don't like her b/c she badmouths him too much, but maybe this will cause her to think twice about that. She did seem actually concerned.

My friend's tumor is solid but no marks of malignancy. The doctor just wants to leave the lump in her breast, but I told her she needs to demand it be removed. It is causing her pain- that's your body's way of saying somethin' ain't right.

So I started this at 209.5 on July 15. I was 202.5 this morning. I had gotten down to 201.5 but I don't know what that was about. Hubby has lost 10 lbs at least.

I'm gonna quit going to the YMCA- I don't like paying the money with our grcoery bill so high (b/c of LAWL and having to eat tooky low sodium food) and I am walking Eli to school every day so that's some exercise there. I also don't like dropping the twins off at the Y childcare when they go to school....I want to be with them on their days home...and I don't wanna exercise in my child free 10 hours a week!

Mary

Repo girl
07-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Mary- Sounds like pretty good news all around on the health front. If I were your friend, I would get a second opinion AND demand to have the lump removed. Why play with fire? Good job on the losing, you are doing great!

I am amazed that the anniversary of my grandma's death is hitting me so hard. Do you grieve again every year, or does this get better?

BarbaraB
07-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Katie, I found it comforting to just remember the blessings that having my grandparents in my life for as long as I had them was for me. The day that would have been my niece's 21st birthday had me in tears on and off all day. I didn't think that would hit me so hard either.

Mary, you are doing fantastic. Don't let your prior experience with LAWL make you think that it is not working for you this time.. It IS. Men always lose weight faster than we can. I know.. UNFAIR. Plus they do it while getting away with stuff that would cause us to gain.... Then they have the nerve to feel all superior about it too (some of them). Oh well, life is unfair.

Amy formerly of NJ, Exercise is not something that makes you thin within a few weeks, but if you keep doing something week in and week out, eventually it gets easier to manage your weight. The only times I've lost a considerable amount of weight, I've been exercising. Did I lose the first month I exercised.. No not even one stinking time! 6 months of exercise? Always thinner than I started... I know a lot of people experience a weight loss right away when they start working out. I've never had that, and it caused me to throw in the towel so many times... So my advice is to find something you like to do, and do that... something you can keep up for a long time, since weight management is a long haul thing anyway. You are doing great...

Lettie! Hi!

I just got back from spin class... killer. It was hot in there and that just made my heart rate go really high for really long... I feel good for having gone though.

equinetcan
07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Well this has been a trying week. I know I am not alone on the bad economy and the job loss stuff but when it's about to hit home it's hard. We were just informed that a contract I am working on is about to come to an end approx a year before it was scheduled to so it is very possible that within 2 months at the most (more likely 1 month or so) I will be looking for another job. Add this on to a whole lot of other stuff and to say the least I am not only glad this week is over, but that it's a long weekend. That's my blah rant for the day - sorry folks!

Food wise this wasn't too bad a week but I admit the last 2 days have not been good. But tomorrow is a new day and maybe if there is any hope it'll actually be sunny. Today it was sunny till literally 5 pm sharp and it started raining and it's still going.

Sorry this isn't overly cheery - I promise I'll be more perky tomorrow again!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'll check in tomorrow again

Alannah

JLem311
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
day 13 DONE! :) only 17 more to go! and then i'm not sure what workout i'm gonna do..i need to find another 20min dvd i can do. the amount of time is perfect for me.

Dairy Fairy
08-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Katie, Barbara...thanks for the words of encouragement.

Alannah- I am so sorry to hear about the job situation. I hope you will be able to find something soon...even if it is just as a backup plan.

You Shred ladies are awesome!

Well, BIG announcement here...

I am in ONEDERLAND! This also marks my 10 lb loss!!! In my book, losing 10 pounds is a milestone that says you're on a roll, this is for real, and STICK WITH IT! It gives me a lot of inspiration to continue. I have not been obsessive over the scale this time, and the reward is being very happily surprised by bigger drops when I do weigh. It's really exciting!. I am off to change my siggie!

Mary