100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 27 July - 2 August

nicolen
07-27-2009, 04:31 AM
Hey everyone!

Sorry for going MIA last week - I've figured it out that I've got a real routine here - I post on days when I work because everything's a bit more structured for me. If I lose that structure, then I don't post. Something to think on.

Anyway, I had a good week off. Fairly relaxed - I caught up with a couple of friends and did a few things around here, but it was what I needed. Unfortunately I came down with a cold just in time to go back to work. I didn't think it would be a good idea to call in sick on my first day back, so I took some Coldrex and struggled through. I really can't wait for winter to be over with - it is getting lighter in the mornings and evenings which is great!

There's been a few changes at work. The problem child in our team is moving to another team and we're all doing happy dances behind his back. It sounds horrible, but he hasn't fitted in or, more importantly, made any effort to fit in to the team, so it's a case of good riddance. Things are still quiet, which is good. I'm beginning to think we might just get through a winter without something big happening. And by writing that, I think I've just jinxed us!

The gym is going well. I'm almost enjoying it which is good. I am a little bit worried though - yummy trainer told me on Friday that there'll be a surprise this week. Now, I'm thinking that 6am is far too early for wine, so I'm not sure if this is going to be a surprise I'll enjoy! I'll let you know on Friday night.

I'd better organise dinner, so will talk to you tomorrow.

Have fun!

jab91864
07-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Nicolen~ Glad to hear you enjoyed your time off work. Sorry to hear about the cold. A nice hot tottie might be the key.
It's hard to believe July is ending this week, time sure does fly. Before you know it you will be enjoying spring blooms!

I quite agree on days I don't work my routine is quite different and things such as the forum can go unattended as my mind is occupied with other things. ~Hope it is a good surprise !!! :D

Well thankfully I wasn't up wandering the house (other than 4 pottie breaks) all night long so no boredom raids on food. So hopefully that trend has passed with just the two nights under my belt so to speak. See the list for the "illegal" foods .

Managed to get into the garden between the rain spurts. My poor peppers have had a bad year and seem stunted in growth, our temps on average have been very cool...not that I am complaining personally mind you..lol.

The tomatoes are going wild on the other hand but I would like to see less foliage and more flowers on them. I trimmed back many branches and plucked a lot of little sucker sprouts. Re-arranged some branches to help clear my path. Noticed how many wild tomatoes I have coming from last year. Had to pull some of them out but I think they are from the currant tomatoes I had planted the year before.

I have several broccoli which are ready to harvest so that gives me something to think on for dinners this week. Made a broccoli dish I loved last week so I will be sure to shred some stalks up for a repeat performance. My cabbages are huge and need to start curling or I will not be able to move through that section of the garden ...lol.

I moved some pots that have strawberry plants in them only to find an infestation of grubs under each one. I fished them all out and tossed them to the chickens. Speaking of chickens the orange snow netting I bought on ebay is really helping this year with keeping them out of the garden. I also blocked their view from their run to the garden so when they come out to free range they aren't already in the mind set of heading straight to the garden.... so for them I guess out of sight is out of mind...lol. Other than some new hatchlings running through my garden the other day there have been no major surprises.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today. Oh well some things can't be avoided. Hope everyone has a great day !!! Monday is here...lol

Sun 7/26/09
** foods after midnight but before 6am… ugh**
4 Crackers
2 boiled eggs mashed w/ mayo
Slice of salami
Vanilla ice cream
Sunflower seeds
Water

Ff yogurt
Pineapple
Sprinkle of muesli
Water

Zucchini & Tomatoes w/ pineapple
Parmesan cheese sprinkle
Water

Grilled salmon
Quinoa & veggies
Water

Sf pudding

Schmoodle
07-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Good Monday morning ladies!
I've been away on vacation at the beach. It was a nice break, and I did okay with food - mostly on plan, but with a few planned treats. Time to get back to business though! I will read last week's thread to catch up later, but for now hope all are well. I did see that cfmama is in the hospital. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Here's today:
B: strawberry-cottage cheese smoothie, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice, raw zuke with hummus
L: lean ground beef patty, veggie salad
S: latte, mozzarella cheese stick
D: grilled salmon, cauliflower mash, sauteed zukes, maybe a ripe tomato (fingers crossed)
S: NSA fudgesicle or SB peanut butter cup

lottie63
07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
hello ladies, sounds like everyone is back to being busy! :) Lots of vacations going on right now! Wish I was on one...not until november though! Then...SAN FRAN! :D

now onto the good stuff:

b: 4 oz seitan in sugar free syrup
s: 2 oz hummus with wheat thins
l: sesame tofu
s: 1 cup strawberry halves
d: naked bbq burrito (homemade) w/ light sour cream, brown rice, black beans, seitan, and corn salsa. :D

mj5
07-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone! I'm back!!!! We had a nice time, although I am VERY glad to be home again!!!! Food was ok, exercise was great--LOTS of walking. The rest of the week will be spent hanging out at home and just doing random 'stuff'....Right now dh and both dogs are sleeping....all three are snoring. It's pretty funny.

Have a great night! I'll catch up tomorrow!

SunshineCA
07-28-2009, 03:40 AM
I didn't get a chance to pop in here earlier. Been busy getting the kids, the house and myself together for my Philly trip. I'm still doing well and plan on keeping it up while I'm away. We even scheduled gym time and a run up the Rocky steps. :)

My menu today:

Breakfast: A broccoli and red bell peppers scramble and strawberries.

Snack 1: A strawberry and blue berry smoothie.

Lunch: A whole wheat turkey burger and a Sugar-Free Jell-O.

Snack 2: Was too busy and completely forgot! :eek:

Dinner: Marinated Flank Steak and Surprise South Beach Mashed "Potatoes".

Dessert: A .Sugar-Free Creamsicle

nicolen
07-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Hey lovelies,

I'm actually a bit sore today - sore arms, so I must have worked out hard yesterday. Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking with it anyway. Had a good cardio workout today and am looking forward to my day off exercise tomorrow.

Work is good - fairly quiet till the last couple of minutes. We've got a problem claim with a fairly prominent man here who today decided to go to the media about his issues with us. The reality is, he's not covered and that's that. Thankfully it's not one of my claims, but that sort of thing always makes for an interesting day.

But apart from that, there's not much to report.

Jab, your garden sounds fantastic. Yummy, yummy fresh broccoli!

Schmoodle, I'm pleased you had a great break.

Lottie, yay for looking forward to a break! I've heard San Francisco's lovely - apparently it's very like Wellington, our capital city and if that's true, then it must be a wonderful city! I went to university in Wellington and completely fell in love with the city.

MJ, I'm pleased you had a great break as well.

Sunshine, another one going on holiday! What's with us all at the moment?

I'm watching TV and they're making the most yummy Lemon Tart. I love Lemon Tart - it's a good thing I'm too lazy to actually make one from scratch, isn't it?

Take care everyone!

SunshineCA
07-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Sunshine, another one going on holiday! What's with us all at the moment?

Ahhhh...the fun days of summer! :) However, my trip is more business than pleasure but we scheduled extra days before and after our conference to have a mini-vacation. :)

SunshineCA
07-28-2009, 04:42 AM
I also plan to log-in to this site often so I can stay accountable. You guys are part of my life line! ;)

jab91864
07-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Hello, hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was better yesterday, although I admit to being too hungry by the time I got home. Going to the grocery after work to pick up a couple things did NOT help ! I bought a pack of Kashi cookies and had one to tide me over till I got home.

The beauty of left overs is I was able to scoop up a big bowl of left over veggies and quinoa and put it in the microwave while I put in the laundry and unpacked the groceries. Ate too fast but it served it's purpose well, and when it's veggies I have no guilt. I am one of those ppl who thinks if it's veggies and fruit you can free range...lol.

Yesterday's food...

Mon 7/27/09

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash
Grilled salmon (leftover)
Squirt of mayo
Water

Kashi bar (not nearly as filling as my triscuits !)
craisins
Water

Kashi cookie
Water

Quinoa & veggies (leftovers)
Zucchini & Tomatoes w/ pineapple
Water

yogurt
Blueberries
Water

2 crackers
Ff cheese

Schmoodle
07-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Happy Tuesday chicks. I did great with food AND exercise yesterday - a long walk in the morning and swimming in the evening. Don't know about today yet though. DD and I have dental appts, some errands to run, some cleaning I need to do, and work. Hopefully I can squeeze a walk in there somewhere but I think we are in for some yucky weather later.
Anybody watch Anthony Bourdain? He was in Baltimore last night, definitely showed the underbelly of the city. All the fabulous food around here and he went for fried whiting???? Whatever. At least he got some oysters and a crab cake, but he didn't say much about it.

Here's today's menu:
B: scrambled eggs with zucchini and salsa, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: raw veg with hummus
L: leftover hamburger patty or chicken breast with mashed cauliflower
S: skim latte, strawberry cottage cheese smoothie
D: tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad, couscous
S: SB peanut butter cup

nicolen, hope your cold is better. I guess last week was the week to be off work!
jab, I'm with you on the veggies, the more the better.
sunshine, have a great trip.
Welcome back mj, where did you go?
I haven't been to San Francisco lottie, that's really something to look forward to!
jab, sounds like you are quite the gardener! I'm a novice, only zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers for me. My peppers and zukes are doing great, and I've got tons of tomatoes, but none ripe yet. It's been cool here too. The plants have early blight, but I'm hoping I'll still get tomatoes before they die. Don't know how that happened, since we built new raised beds this year, filled with new soil, and started the plants from seed.

Well, my laundry doesn't seem to be hanging itself, so off I go. Have a good one ladies!

lottie63
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
b: 2 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1 english muffin whole grain lite
s: hummus w/ carrots
l: bbq tofu
s: 2 egg whites 1 slice cheese
d: black bean burrito w/ sour cream

math puppy
07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
hello. i havnet been here in a year. but somehow managed to remember my password and log in info.

plan: stay on plan

well, im off to work. ill check in later when i have time. have a good day everyone :)

Slashnl
07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I've been around, just not posting too much. Everyone has been good at posting their meal plans. I'm not good at that because it can change throughout the day. I keep up through the day with The Daily Plate so that my calories stay in check. Exercising has been great. I had hoped to add another day of spin class today, but I wasn't there as early as I wanted to be and the class was already starting. I didn't feel comfortable walking in there, so I'll just go on Thursday and try again next week to add Tuesday. I worked out hard with the weights, so I felt good about that.

I had wanted to make it to the 30 pounds lost mark on my weigh in, but didn't get there. TOM going on and that might have been the reason. I'm not sure, but I'm trying to really work it this week to make that magical mark.

Math Puppy - I remember you from before. Good to see you again!

Schmoodle - I didn't see that show, but what is fried whiting? Is that fish?

Jab: I'm like you with the veggies. Should be limitless when they are good for you, right? ha!

Sunshine: Good to mix a little pleasure in with a business trip!

Nicolen: Glad you're getting some good workouts in! Way to go!

MJ: Glad you're back!

jab91864
07-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I've been around, just not posting too much. Everyone has been good at posting their meal plans. I'm not good at that because it can change throughout the day. I keep up through the day with The Daily Plate so that my calories stay in check. Exercising has been great. I had hoped to add another day of spin class today, but I wasn't there as early as I wanted to be and the class was already starting. I didn't feel comfortable walking in there, so I'll just go on Thursday and try again next week to add Tuesday. I worked out hard with the weights, so I felt good about that.

I had wanted to make it to the 30 pounds lost mark on my weigh in, but didn't get there. TOM going on and that might have been the reason. I'm not sure, but I'm trying to really work it this week to make that magical mark.

Math Puppy - I remember you from before. Good to see you again!

Schmoodle - I didn't see that show, but what is fried whiting? Is that fish?

Jab: I'm like you with the veggies. Should be limitless when they are good for you, right? ha!

Nicolen: Glad you're getting some good workouts in! Way to go!

MJ: Glad you're back!

That is why I usually post what I ate the day before...lol. I find what I plan tends to change from what I put in my mouth, so by posting what I ate the day before it is a true accounting.

Now I just need to get my butt in gear and motivate toward moving more once I get off work !!!!

jab91864
07-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Happy Tuesday chicks. I did great with food AND exercise yesterday - a long walk in the morning and swimming in the evening. Don't know about today yet though. DD and I have dental appts, some errands to run, some cleaning I need to do, and work. Hopefully I can squeeze a walk in there somewhere but I think we are in for some yucky weather later.
Anybody watch Anthony Bourdain? He was in Baltimore last night, definitely showed the underbelly of the city. All the fabulous food around here and he went for fried whiting???? Whatever. At least he got some oysters and a crab cake, but he didn't say much about it.

Here's today's menu:
B: scrambled eggs with zucchini and salsa, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: raw veg with hummus
L: leftover hamburger patty or chicken breast with mashed cauliflower
S: skim latte, strawberry cottage cheese smoothie
D: tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad, couscous
S: SB peanut butter cup

nicolen, hope your cold is better. I guess last week was the week to be off work!
jab, I'm with you on the veggies, the more the better.
Welcome back mj, where did you go?
I haven't been to San Francisco lottie, that's really something to look forward to!
jab, sounds like you are quite the gardener! I'm a novice, only zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers for me. My peppers and zukes are doing great, and I've got tons of tomatoes, but none ripe yet. It's been cool here too. The plants have early blight, but I'm hoping I'll still get tomatoes before they die. Don't know how that happened, since we built new raised beds this year, filled with new soil, and started the plants from seed.

Well, my laundry doesn't seem to be hanging itself, so off I go. Have a good one ladies!

The cold and the rain are holding me back on the garden progress. My peppers are sad this year the plants are stunted. I may have to chalk them up as a loss this year. I have hope for my tomatoes if summer will actually arrive and stay a bit. Although I should be enjoying cherry tomatoes by now but so far nadda which is distressing.

Have you had a lot of rain this season... wonder if that could be a contributing factor to the blight ? We are truly at the mercy of Mother Nature when it comes to gardening. It can be very upsetting to spend hours and hours and get nothing in return either because of disease or weather conditions.

I have a hard time finding a happy medium between my gardening and my chickens. The flock will eat anything they can get to including my hostas, iris, roses... well you get the idea. It's impossible to fence everything off and I feel guilty if I keep the flock penned up all the time. And gawd forbid they see me out weeding a flower bed, they are right there beside me ripping whatever they can out of the ground..lol.

One year I raised turkeys... you have seen nothing till you see a short round woman waddle 'round the corner screeching to startle a turkey in her garden and watch the look of fear cross it's face as it rips an entire pepper plant out of the ground before running off carrying said plant at full speeed being chased by 40+ chickens because when one of them runs the others KNOW it has a great treat that they need to steal from it.....

lottie63
07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
^^^^

This. Is. Hilarious.

:rofl:

SunshineCA
07-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Thank you, I will!! :)

SunshineCA
07-29-2009, 12:00 AM
hello. i havnet been here in a year. but somehow managed to remember my password and log in info.

plan: stay on plan

well, im off to work. ill check in later when i have time. have a good day everyone :)

Welcome back! :)

SunshineCA
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM

True indeed! I plan to have LOADS of fun! :dancer:

SunshineCA
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
Crispy whole grain cereal with raisins, dates and nuts with Silk's Soymilk: Lite Vanilla

Snack 1:
A pear

Lunch:
A piece of leftover marinated flank steak and sugar-free Jell-O

Snack 2:
Roasted almonds

Dinner:
Vegetable Stir-Fry

Dessert:
Who knows? Maybe a sugar-free Fudgesicle.

math puppy
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Ouch! I just had to change my weight tracker…added 22 lbs, I thought I would be more upset with myself. but its this odd mixture of disappointment mixed with excitement (relief?) to FINALLY get back on track.

This is my all time heaviest. (before it was 270)
When I lose 10 lbs I know my body will feel so much better.
I hate when my knees start hurting… they didn’t do that before… but I never weighed this much before either

Look out world here I come…. I hope

Oh yea: I stayed on plan today. Yay for me. All I have to do is not eat before bed time and im in the clear. Im sure I can do that. especialy with how hot it is here, im working up a sweat just typing i tell you! (hey if thats the case can this count as exercise? lol)

Nicolen- its nice to have a yummy trainer eh? Hee hee
Jab- its soooo cool you have a garden. I cant wait till I have a big one myself ! I also feel like eating veggies shouldn’t “count” against you
Schmoodle- scrambled egg with zucchini sounds good!
Slashnl- good to be back!ty
Sunshine- keep up the good work
Mj-welcome back good to see you are doing well

nicolen
07-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Wow, lots of talking today! Awesome to see!

It was a fairly quiet day today - nothing to report since it's my day off from the gym. Work's going well - we're still quiet and virtually up to date. One thing's for sure - we certainly won't run out of work! The cold's improving - no Coldrex today and I feel quite good. I've still got a runny nose, but that's manageable.

Tomorrow, it's to the gym first thing and then to work. A normal Thursday in other words.

Sunshine, enjoy your time off and let us know how it all goes!

Jab, the images that popped into my head with the turkey story. Too funny! :rofl:

Schmoodle, Anthony Bourdain was here a couple of years ago at a food show. My BIL, who's a chef, went to his demonstration - said he's a very unusual person. The words my BIL used were slightly stronger than that...

Lottie, how are you doing?

Math, fantastic to see you again! Welcome back! And just remember - it's a starting point and you'll soon lose those pounds!

Diane, yeah, I'm rubbish at posting my menus as well. I have to improve there.

Have fun everyone!

SunshineCA
07-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Math Puppy: Thanks! :)

Nicole: I will! Thanks! :)

jab91864
07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Well happy HuMp day to everyone !!!!

Yesterday's food was....

Tues 7/28/09

Yogurt
Cherries
Sprinkle muesli
Water

1-kashi cookie

Kashi bar
Kashi crackers
Water

Quinoa & veggies w/ egg on top
2 – 1” cubes of grilled steak
Water

ff sorbet… too much sugar, just need to pop some yogurt in the freezer and pretend...lol
sunflower seeds
water

mj5
07-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Good Morning!!!! Ok, summer is really here now and well, it's just HOT. Guess I shouldn't complain, I know there are people who actually like it this hot! LOL!!!!

nicolen--So glad you had a nice week off. Congrats on the 'problem child' moving to another team!!! Hmmm, Friday w/ the trainer sounds iteresting... Very glad to hear that you are feeling better.

jab--your garden sounds wonderful!!! I agree w/ lottie...that is hilarious! I'm sure it wasn't at the time, though.

Schmoodle--Glad you had a nice vacation! Your garden sounds great too! I rely on friends or the farmers market! We went to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame Induction weekend. It was fun, but good to get back home!

lottie--Your menu looks so good! This is my dh's vacation...he LOVES baseball, so the trip to Cooperstown is 'his'....I prefer the rest of the week off at home just to do other stuff. I am hoping to go shopping today.

sunshine--have a great trip!!

math--YEA! So good to see you back here!!! How are you???? I totally get the disappointment/excitement....I felt similiar when I updated my ticker a while back. I was 'waiting' until I caught up to my ticker weight, but I finally decided that I needed to be honest w/ myself. Great job being OP!!!! I say, yes, if yo uare sweating, it's exercise! LOL!!!!

Diane--Great job w/ your workouts! I don't post my meals either...I change too much during the day and by the next day I haven't written down or lost what I ate the day before.

Beverlyjoy, CC, Rhonda, and everyone else who pops in--HI!!!!

Food since I have been back from our trip has been so-so. I went to my friends and picked up LOTS of fresh veggies yesterday and I will hit the farmers market tomorrow for anything that I couldn't get from him. That will help a LOT. Having healthy veggies in the house makes it so easy for me. Exercise has been ok....I haven't been to the gym, but I have done lots of walking. I somehow managed to do something to my right shoulder....no idea what, all I know is it HURTS, a lot. I am just trying to gentle stretch it and take ibuprofen for now.

Friday night I am going to a belly dancing class. I cannot wait! If we like it, we will schedule some more. We will have to take a few weeks off, because the person who is hosting it is going out of town, but that's ok. I think it sounds like a lot of fun! Not at all sure what to wear....I asked and was given a totally "smart" answer....

Saturday morning I am treating myself to a mani/pedi and getting my eyebrows waxed. I wanted to get it done before we left for vacation, but that's ok. It will be something to look forward to at the end of the week. Plus, I bought some pretty sandals (shiny red birkenstocks....I couldn't resist...QVC had them for $49!!!! that's a bargain for birks!) so my toes will look pretty when I go back to work.

Ok, I have totally rambled on long enough! I need more coffee! I'm sure I'll be around later today. I need to figure out what to do for exercise today...it is going to rain, so a walk outside may not happen.

Have a great OP day!

Slashnl
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Almost had myself talked out of working out today. But, made myself go. I'm not sure why, but I have been feeling so tired the last few weeks. Maybe because it has been brutally hot here. I like going to the gym when I'm anxious to go. I hate having to drag myself there. But, once I get there and get going, it is always better.

Have to admit, I didn't realize that some of you were posting what you already ate and that it wasn't a plan for the day. Ohhhhh! I get it now! Doh!

MJ: You'll have to tell us how the belly dancing goes! How fun!

Jab: I have turkeys, chickens and ducks too. We live next to a fairly busy road even though we're out in the country, so mine stay in their pens. They are big, though. Funny little birds they are.

Nicolen: Glad your cold is improving. Can't wait to hear about yummy trainer workout!

Math Puppy: So now you've faced it, you know the truth and can move forward. That's a liberating feeling. I was in the same position back in March when I realized I went above my highest weight by 6 pounds. So, changed it to the higher number and started working. It feels so good to get going again.

Sunshine: Any special meaning to the picture on your signature? Just curious.

Lottie, Schmoodle: How's it going?

Hi to Beverly, CC and Rhonda. Hope everything is going ok.

lottie63
07-29-2009, 12:03 PM
nicolen, hi, glad to hear the cold is improving! I can't take almost ANY otc cold meds so I try really hard not to get sick. :(

mj5, thanks! And enjoy your belly dancing class!

math, good to see you back on the wagon!

sunshine, enjoy your time off!

Everything is going great here, 14 days on plan with no slip ups and have started exercising. :)

b: high fiber oatmeal w/ 1 banana
s: pear
l: veggie burger on whole wheat arnolds sandwich thin w/ 1 serv. cheddar
s: seitan/veggie burger on whole wheat arnolds sandwhich thin w/ 1 serv cheese
d: 1 cup pasta w/ zucchini and olive oil

nicolen
07-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Well, so much for feeling better. I absolutely hit the wall today with this cold and yeah, it was a bit of a battle to get through the afternoon. But I told myself that I wasn't going home and lose half a day's sick leave and I didn't. Part of it was an issue with the air conditioning at work - for some reason it was really stuffy on our floor. Fun times.

I did go to the gym and worked out and it went well. I'm tired and sore tonight so not too far from bed. Unfortunately last night I did the youtube thing - keep finding things to watch on youtube and before you realise it, it's way past bedtime. I'm not doing that tonight.

Tomorrow, gym, work and then it's the weekend. Yay for the weekend.

jab91864
07-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Running behind today, will have to catch up later. Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Yesterday's food....

Wed 7/29/09

Spinach omelet
Ff cheese
Water

1-kashi cookie
Water

Kashi bar
Kashi crackers
Water

Raw broccoli (small head..lol)
Ff ranch dressing
2 bocca chicken patties
Water

Yogurt
water

mj5
07-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Good Morning! It is supposed to be nice today--warm, but not humid! Yesterday I was trying to get ready to go visit my brother and I couldn't even put make up on....I was sweating SO much. Ick....sorry, I'm not a fan of hot and humid! Of course, if dh put our a/c in it would make it much more tolerable, but that a different rant! LOL!!!!!

Diane--Oh I hate it when that happens! For me, it starts around 3pm and I start coming up w/ excuses why NOT to go to the gym....I agree, I hate it when I feel like I have to drag myself there, but always feel better once I get going. Good for you for going!

lottie--14 days op is fantastic! great job!

nicolen--Oh no...so sorry you are feeling icky again! Feel better!

Today I think we are going to our Regional Farmers Market. It's a HUGE Market with everything you can think of--even wine and cheese and 'specialty' dog treats! Yep, the spoiled beagles will get a yummy treat too! I am very excited! I didn't realize it was open on Thurs, so it's perfect. I can get what I want there and then get 'regular' groceries later on. The farmers market I go to weekly is nice, but very small, so this will be a treat! Plus, I have lots of good memories of going there w/ my dad.

My shoulder is feeling a little bit better, so I am going to hold off on calling my dr. Last night I was almost ready to go to the ER! That's how bad it hurt! Luckily, I have pain meds for my knee (which has been fine, for a whole week!!!!!...knock wood!!!!), so I took some of those so I could sleep. It's still sore, but better. My brother looked at it, sort of...we went to visit him and his family last night and to see their new house--it is GORGEOUS! Anyway, he is an ER doc, but has super-strict policies about treating family. He basically affirmed that I was doing everything right--pain meds, stretching, ice and planned to call the dr if it didn't get better soon.

Ok, well, I am rambling AGAIN!!!!

Plan for today is to make healthy food choices--didn't do that great yesterday, drink lots of water, and to walk today. I'll probably wait until later once it is a bit cooler, but that's ok--as long as I do it!

have a great op day!

lottie63
07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Diane, good job!

nicolen, sorry to hear you're sickness is back

mj5, glad to hear your shoulder is doing better, and enjoy the farmers market!

today:

b: 2 whole eggs w/ 1 thomas english muffin multigrain lite w/ 1 banana
s: 1.5 serv hummus and .5 cup carrots
l: bbq tofu on whole wheat arnolds sandwhich thins
s: pear
d: stir fried sweet potato and zucchini
s: 3 egg whites w/ cheese

Slashnl
07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Went to spin class today. I really thought today that there are times when it is feeling a little more comfortable/doable. It still is an incredible workout and it still is very difficult to do, but I don't feel like I'm going to die the entire way through the workout. Now I just feel like I'm going to die through PART of the workout. :D

I have a little challenge this afternoon. There's a birthday in the office, so there will be brownies and ice cream. Swell. I'll have to pass on it though, or I will definitely be over on calories today.

Lottie: BBQ tofu? How do you fix that?

MJ: Have a good walk! It definitely makes sense to wait for the cooler weather.

Jab: Hope your day isn't too busy today!

Nicolen: Don't let the cold win! Keep fighting!

TaraLee
07-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Is this an open thread that anyone can join?

lottie63
07-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Tara, yesssssssssssssssssss :D

I was wondering where everyone had gone. :P

lottie63
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Slashnl, I freeze the tofu first, in the box (silken, lite, firm kind) or else I can't get it out of the box without it crumbling into unuseable chunks!

Then AFter it's frozen I cut it out of the box, then let it thaw. I then cit it into fourths (thin longways slices) and then lay it out on some paper towel, then I put paper towel on top of it and set a heavy pot filled with water on top and change the paper towels regularly for about 1.5 hours. This presses all the excess water out of it, and you get a more firm texture. Then I freeze it.

Then I throw it in a pan with some olive oil and let it get crispy! Then I toss on some bbq sauce, red pepper and red onion chunks and have at it! :D

Slashnl
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
That sounds good, Lottie.

Welcome to TaraLee!

SunshineCA
07-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Sunshine: Any special meaning to the picture on your signature? Just curious.

No special meaning. I thought it was very beautiful and was a reflection of me. You know how you get a connection with something. The sun holds a special place in my heart, not just because of my name, but of my sign, my spirit, my heritage and so much more.

What piqued your curiosity?

SunshineCA
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey all! Logging in from the City of Brotherly Love (Philly, PA). I'm having a ball and staying on plan. I'm getting in my exercise as well. Some friends and I are hanging out at Starbukcs on our laptops. I'm even being good by having a regular cup of coffee with Splenda and a splash of Half & Half. :)
Miss ya'll and will check in as much as I can.

nicolen
07-31-2009, 05:13 AM
It's Friday everyone! Yay!

Anyway, typical Friday for me - yummy trainer and work. Training session went well. Unfortunately the weights went up again this week - twice in a week is a little excessive, I think! We're going to be changing our sessions to Wednesday from next week. He also wants me to do a small group session that he runs on a Thursday morning. I'll pop along next week and see how it is - since I'm already paying him, I won't need to pay for the other session, so that's good.

Work went well also. I got my July audits and they were awesome - 98% for the month. I am a rock star! We're still quiet - since it was the last day of the month, management did a compare and contrast exercise, looking at where we were this time last night. There's not a lot of comparison at all - last year at this time we were in the mire and this year...long may it continue.

The cold's much better today. No coughing and sneezing - or very little at least. My nose is still running like a tap, but that's OK. I'm pretty tired, so it'll be another early night. I'm not sure whether I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow - I'll see how I feel then. I enjoy the spin class and I don't really want to miss it, but a break may be the best thing at the moment.

Jab, how are you doing?

MJ, lucky you! I love farmers markets! Wish there was one closer to me, but the only 2 in my city are miles away - one at the port and one on the outskirts of the city. One day...

Diane, good for you for going to the gym! It's so difficult to keep motivation when you're already hot and bothered.

Lottie, divine looking menu again!

TaraLee, welcome! Please do join in - I'd love to get to know you!

Sunshine, awesome stuff staying on plan while you're on holiday! Don't forget to have fun!

Enjoy your Friday everyone - the weekend is here!

mj5
07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Good Morning! Not sure what we'll do today...I really need to get some housework-type stuff done...I guess there's no vacation from that! LOL!!!! I am also going to bake some zucchini bread for my friend who has been giving us lots of veggies! He and his dad love it, but don't bake.

Diane--Great job at spin class! How did it go at the bday party?

TaraLee--Welcome!

lottie--your tofu recipe sounds interesting. I haven't ever liked tofu (it's a consistency thing), but that actually sounds kinda good!

sunshine--Great job! keep it up!

nicolen--Yikes, weights up again...Ah, you can do it! Great job at work!

The farmers mkt was a bit of a disappointment yesterday. I have only gone to this particular one on a Saturday and it is HUGE...yesterday, not so much! Actually, the small market I go to during the week is better, I think. Oh well, we did get a few things which was nice.

My shoulder feeling better was short lived.....ugh. I suppose I should call the dr once they open, but I want to see how it feels once I get moving a bit.

The scale is NOT my friend these days....I am not going to stress about it. I am getting back on track--just need to do better w/ food choices.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
mj5, have you had silken tofu or just the other kind? The spongy kind? Silken has a more meaty texture, and if you slice it thin it's very crispy!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
today: 1538 cals, I'm really amazed at what I can eat these days for so little cals!

b: 4 eggwhite omlet w/ 2 slices of velveeta cheese w/ 1 pear
s: 1 cup baby carrots
l: 1 cup whole wheat pasta w/ olive oil and zucchini
s: 1 serv nabisco wheat thins and 1 banana
d: taco salad with black beans instead of meat, w/ .25 cup cheese, lettuce, sour cream and hot sauce
s: .5 cup black beans w/ .25 cup shredded cheese

Slashnl
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Worked out this morning and I decided I better get on a stationary bike since I was feeling sore from spin class yesterday. I think I worked out some of the soreness, so that was good. It was kind of funny. They had a TV news person there doing a live story this morning. So, while she was recording, you could see her on the TV that was on the wall. The good thing is that they didn't do many shots from around the gym, or else I would have been bailing off the bike and into the locker room. ha! I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning and it was a great number. Now I have to be good so that it shows up on Monday's official weigh-in. I'm wanting to get to the 30 lb lost mark.

Both kids want to go with me to the gym tomorrow. I guess that's a good thing, but it is supposed to be my time. I do share with them on Saturdays, though. My son starts football practice next week, so he won't be so anxious to do more working out after a week of that. ha!

Lottie: Thanks for the info on the tofu. I found that an interesting way to fix it.

MJ: Uh, ya, thanks for asking about the bday brownies. I was actually on the phone when they were serving, but they put it on my desk anyway. What I should have done is put it back... Yep, that's what I SHOULD have done.

Nicolen: I would get some rest. You need to get over the cold and I think your body might just need to have some relaxation to get strong again.

Sunshine: Actually, the picture I'm curious about is the one showing the yo-yo getting cut. It just catches my eye all the time. I love your avatar, by the way. It is beautiful.

Better go! Have a good weekend everyone!

Schmoodle
07-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi ladies, I just couldn't find time to get in here all week, although I did read the whole thread. I am trying to get ready to be away all next week, so lots to do. But I had a great on plan week, logged my calories on fitday and kept my days 1300 - 1600 calories and SB Ph1 as penance for vacation last week. Exercise could have been better, but that's always true for me. It was hot and muggy here so I did get in a lot of swimming. I should be around lots next week because I'm in Alabama at a conference all week and will be stuck in a hotel, bored. There's just not a lot to do in Huntsville! I'm hoping boredom will drive me to the workout room every day.

I'm going to the farmer's market in the morning but need to remember that I won't be home all week, and nobody else is going to cook that stuff!

mj5
08-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone! I had a blast at the belly dancing class!!!! The instructor was excellent...she is really good and she broke everything down into small steps and let us practice over and over before she added something else. I am sore already! We were all sweating up a storm, but honestly, it didn't feel like working out. I guess I need to find some other 'fun' stuff like this to incorporate into my workout routine. We have decided to get together once a month for a class. Then we had some yummy and very healthy snacks. On my way home I stopped to buy the ingredients for the feta potstickers...they were SO good and really easy--you can make them ahead and just bake them. I am going to make them tomorrow for dh. He loves feta, so I know he will like them. She also made a roasted red pepper dip that was awesome. I'm going to make that too. She let me borrow the magazine that she found all the snack recipes in, so i am going to copy all of the ones from tonight.

lottie--it must have been the 'other kind'..it was spongy and gross. I might try silken, though.

Diane--Good for you for working out again. I know the scale is going to show a great # for you. Well, one brownie isn't going to do you in. I made the brilliant decision to stop at the fancy bakery the other day....yea, like I was going to walk out of there w/ something only for dh.....not so much.

nicolen--hope you decided to get some rest. Sounds like you really need it.

Schmoodle--That's awesome that you had a great week! I always try to remember what our schedules are like before I go to the farmers market....once I get there, I want all kinds of good stuff...but I forget, it all has to been cooked or taken care of in some way! yea, I usually over-buy....

Hi to everyone else!

tomorrow is garage sales w/ my gm--hope we find some good bargains! then I am treating myself to a mani/pedi and eye brow wax--yippee...I'll have two eyebrows again! LOL...ok, it's not that bad....yet!

lottie63
08-01-2009, 02:55 PM
mj5 I have decided to start cutting the silken in HALF nad pressing it that way, instead of fourths. in foruths the pieces come out a little thin, and have a fried chicken skin texture (which I'm nto saying I don't like, but wnat osmething a little meatier) so am just cutting them in half because once you press them they are half the size they were when they were full of water.

remember not to cut them out of the box until they have been frozen or else you will get crumbled unusable chunks!

---

Today I am doing awesome. I"m a little discouraged that my old scale weighed me as too low last sunday (263) and then too high on wed (268) and today I weighed myself on the wii fit, which is CORRECT. and I weigh 266. (which is right between the two wrong weights on my stupid old scale!)

So, now I feel like I"m playing catch up. DAMN IT. :(

But, I wont' let it discourage me. ONWARD!

todays menu:

b: lite multigrain english muffin w/ ICBINB
s: 1 oz hummus and 1 cup carrots
l: 2 tofu sandwhiches
s: 2 egg whites w/ 1 slice velveeta cheese
d: zucchini, sugar snap peas stir fry w/ 2 tbls Hoisin sauce

Tomorrow is the 'official weight day" So maybe JUST MAYBE I can get down a few lbs so I"m not a total failure.

STUPID SCALE!

EIther way, I'm glad I can start over with my wii fit. Didn't have to blow another 30$ on a scale!

mj5
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
lottie--scales are stupid!!! Your dinner sounds awesome! I am making a casserole w/ zucchini, some spag sauce, low fat mozz--actually, it's all made, I just have to bake it. I am going to steam some fresh yellow beans too. Thanks for the tofu tip. I'll remember to freeze it first, too.

It's funny, but this is probably the third night in a week that we have not had meat w/ dinner. I remember as a kid, in the summer we used to eat dinner later--my dad "minded" the heat terribly (I get that from him....lucky me! LOL!!!!), so we would wait until later when it cooled off a bit. We would often just have lots of different veggies from our huge garden. Partly because it was a 'lighter' dinner and partly b/c $ money was tight (of course, at the time us kids didn't realize it was a money thing). We all grew up liking lots of different veggies, which is an excellent thing!!! Guess it's not so bad to end up like the parents after all! LOL!!!!

mj5
08-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, I almost forgot....we had an excellent time garage saling today. Both dh and I found some SUPER bargains at the first one--We bought a HUGE bag of clothes (all name brand--GAP, Lane Bryant, J Jill, LL Bean, etc) for super cheap. It was like sprucing up our wardrobes for fall! Actually, a few things I can wear now--some cute skirts and tops. I LOVE bargain shopping!!!!

TaraLee
08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I sorta messed up meal times today. I started cleaning, thinking, "I'll just finish up the dishes, then have breakfast." Before I knew it 2pm rolled around and I had lunch out for the kiddos and DH. So I ended up missing breakfast, which I've tried not to do, but I was NEVER a big breakfast fan. We had oatmeal and scrambled eggs (I had already had the water going for the oatmeal from 4 hours earlier and the eggs were convienant).
Dinner tonight, whole wheat rigatonni w/basil marinara, veggies and salads.
Thanks everyone for the welcome :)

lottie63
08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Tara, I LOVE basil. Mmmmmm :)

jab91864
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Just a quick hi everyone

lottie63
08-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Hello ladies, hope everyone is On Plan and exercising today! :)

Well today was weigh day, and even though I found out my starting weight was higher than I thought, I've still lost 5 lbs. (Only 1 lb this week though) :(

BUT, any loss is better than a gain right? RIGHT!

I've had a pretty dull week just to recap, nothing much went on, we're pretty broke so we haven't had money to go out. I get paid on the 3rd thank god. Ummm. I did all that cooking yesterday which was fun. The stock came out perfect and made really good rice.

todays menu: 1523 cals

b: weight control banana bread oatmeal
s: a bit of brown rice and black beans with bbq sauce and sour cream
l: mexican pizza, my own creation! I'm going to make a smooth guacamole and spread it on a whole wheat pita, add black beans, cheddar cheese and top with some chalula, can't wait to try it.
d: Garden burger w/ 1 slice cheese on an arnolds whole wheat sandwich thin
s: 5 cherry essence prunes and 1 cheese stick

mj5
08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone!

Tara--I struggle w/ remembering to eat breakfast too....mmm, your dinner sounds yummy!

jab--Thanks for popping in to say hi! Hope everything is going well!

lottie--A loss is a loss! great job! Yippee, pay day is coming soon...I get paid this week too, thank goodness! We spend a little extra while on vacation, so I've had to do some "shuffling" around...nothing serious, though. Your mexican pizza sounds yummy!

Dh ended up making mac and cheese last night for dinner--I don't care for the way he makes it, so overeating was NOT an issue last night! LOL!!!! The zucchini cassarole will be for dinner tonight. It works for me...it's all assembled, all I have to do is bake it! I even have a giant tossed salad all made, so dinner is essentially done!

It's a lazy day here for me. Back to reality tomorrow, though! LOL!!! I have my gym clothes already packed and ready to go. I have choosen my next reward for myself a new lip gloss--once again I have stopped doing that. Duh, it works for me, I don't know why I keep stopping it!

Some of the clothes I bought at the yard sale yesterday are too snug, but that's ok....I KNOW they will fit soon! There are some really cute jeans and sweaters--by the time I need those kinds of clothes, I want them to fit! I know what I need to do to make that happen!!!!

lottie63
08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
mj5, what is your zucchini casserole? I LOVE zucchini.

I made zucchini and sweet potato stir fry the other night, OMG, sweet poatoes and zucchini were MADE for this stir fry! SO GOOD and I would have never even thought to use them together.

and I added some oil and hoisen sauce, it's a little sweet and tangy and salty too, it really compliments the sweet potatotes. :)

SunshineCA
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Sunshine, awesome stuff staying on plan while you're on holiday! Don't forget to have fun!

Thanks!! I'm definitely having a ball! :) And learning lots! ;)

Darkblue
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
*sighs* OK, no BS, I have to get back on track. I did so well a year and a half ago, lost 33 pounds in 5 months, was proud of myself, kept it off all summer. But with autumn came Halloween candy, people leaving nutbread, fudge, and cookies in the office lounge, Thanksgiving, Christmas, a couple trips that meant zero exercise and buffets. Then came a couple months of steroids for my arthritis. And guess what? I've regained almost all of the weight.

My blood pressure is up, I have planar faschia tendonitis, my arthritis is worsening, I can't wear anything in my closet, I have no energy and just feel horrible. I've got got GOT to get myself motivated again. I know the first two weeks are the hardest...I just can't seem to do it this time.

Accountability posting helped last time. Maybe it will help again. :(

mj5
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone! Wow, it sure is quiet around here! Do I need to threaten to sing again??? LOL!

lottie--that stir fry sounds awesome! Gotta try that too! I make kind-of like a lasagna...using zucchini--I layer peeled, sliced zucchini, sauce, and low fat mozz. This time I made it the day ahead and it sat in the refrig all night....I think it was better that way! I have put low fat/low salt sausage (cooked first) in it too--it adds nice flavor.

sunshine--so glad you are having a nice time!

Darkblue-welcome back! Yes, you can do it. It isn't easy to get back into the routine, but you CAN do it!

Ok, I hate to post and run, but I have my 3rd meeting of the day in a few minutes.....Today will be day 3 OP (yes, I worked out yesterday and WILL today too!) Food is good. Water is good. Phew....I'm getting there!