General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default OT: Sorry gotta vent

I am so upset. I came home from work today around 7 PM and my husband and I suddenly realized my son's bike was gone! Someone stole my 7 yr old's bike right from our porch. I know we shouldn't have left it on the porch but our neighborhood has always been so nice with all of us looking out for each other we've never had problems. We have noticed in the past couple of weeks that there have been unfamilar people in our neighborhood and it should have set off the warning bell to bring the bike in. My son is at his grandparents right now and I'm broke so I can't even pick him up one, so he'll have to wait until next week when I get paid. I did file a police report. I scrammbled around finding the warranty papers, etc. to prove it's ours and I also have pictures of him on the bike. The chances of getting it back or slim to none but it just upsets me so much that someone had to take something I skrimped and saved for and that meant so much to my son.

Sorry to vent everyone, just feeling kind of blue over this
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Veal, I hate that for you and your son. How TACKY to take a child's bike! I've seen really great bikes at thrift stores and yard sales. Maybe you can find a replacement without breaking the bank.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  

Sorry this happened. I hope they find the punks that did this. I have a 7 year old as well. He'd hate for his bike to be stolen. Fortunately, our boys are pretty tough and will look forward to getting a new one. Especially if they only have to wait a week.

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am so sorry...I hope you find the bike.

I am afraid as the economy goes...so will the crime.

We have, seems to me, a lot more robberies in our area than recent years.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Prayers ascending that you will be able to find/replace the bike for your son!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks everyone! I talked to my neighbors about his bike being stolen so everyone has their eyes peeled looking. If not I'm definetly picking up another one. Good idea about scouting out for a used bike, especially w/the end of summer maybe I'll find a good deal!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

We've had that happen to our 8 year olds bike not too long ago....luckily for us we saw it down the road with a kid riding on it. Called the cops and he met us up there to get the bike back.

I hope you are able to find it or get a good used one!

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 07-26-2009 at 09:42 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote