Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Default Weight Watchers?

Hi,
I recently started trying to lose the weight again and decided to join weight watchers. I was wondering if anyone else here is doing or has done weight watchers. Also I have been attending the meetings and I find it kind of hard to relate to most of the people because most are 15 to 20 years older than me so the experience is different, anyone else experience something similar? Thanks
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I first tried WW in college and had lost approx. 12 lbs on it before I moved and gave it all up. I was 205 when I began.

This time around I had all my material lost thru moving so much and borrowed a friends book and finder..and did it on my own w/out the meetings. However not everyone can do that..they need the support system a meeting will offer.

If you do find you're not liking the meetings you can still go to weigh in OR if you have a lot of willpower try doing it on your own and getting a friend to 'weigh' you in. I wouldn't let myself buy a scale until I was under 200 lbs..I would go to a friends house every few weeks to weigh. THEN when I knew I was serious about this and it was working I caved and bought one.

If I were you I'd give the meetings a few more tries before deciding what else to do!

Good luck!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

I do go to the meetings and I have had great success with the program (50+ lbs so far!!!). There are other people in my meeting that are in their 20's. You could try going to another meeting and see if there are others in your age group. You could also ask the leader if she knows of any meetings with a younger crowd.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #4  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I do go to the meetings too and even if most of the people there are much older than me, i still find that the challenges we face are similar. The only thing is that since I don't prepare the food in my house (for supper) i can't really relate to all the recipe talk. I also find that the exercise we talk about doesn't really suit me because I prefer higher intensity for a shorter amount of time rather than an hour of walking a day for example.

Like Mandik said, you can try other meetings not only to see if the crowd is younger but sometimes the WW leader can make a difference too. I've had a total of 4 leaders so far (one main one, one that replaced her for 2 weeks, and 2 in another location since i couldn't make it to my regular meeting) and they all have different styles.

I find the program itself is easy to follow, particularly for our age group because we don't always get to cook our own food and we eat out with friends a lot and WW allows for that (as opposed to other "more strict" diet plans)

Good luck!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Thanks for all your input guys. I am doing the program with my mom which helps and hurts because her support is great buut she only needs to lose 5 pounds and she's never had a weight problem so sometimes it can be frustrating. I am going to have to switch to a new meeting soon anyways because i am going to a week day morning one which won't be possible in the fall. I tried doing weight watchers online once and it didnt really work out so hopefully this will be different. Thanks for all your input, its nice to know theres some other ww people here to turn to.
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote