Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Ugh, I hate the first day of TOM

Ugh. I just started my period today. I've been snacky all day. I can't resist food on the first day of my period. The second day I get that a little bit, but it's mostly the first day. That is the one and ONLY day in the entire month where I find myself unable to stop eating. It's entirely dependent on my cramps though. The more severe my cramps, the more I crave food. But even a very mild, in-the-background cramp will make me crave food. When they are gone, my cravings are gone (like right now I'm okay because my medicine kicked in, but when it starts to wear off a bit I'll be craving food again... and I only get cramps the first two days so that's why I only get cravings the first two days). It's only 2:40 and I'm already at 1500 calories. I'm just going to keep snacking on small things all day, and not eat a lot at once, so it won't creep over 2000, because ugh tomorrow is one of my bi-monthly weigh days.
I guess I haven't done TOO bad..
Plain greek yogurt w/ 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar 85
One pear 135
Piece of gum 5
Salad w/ ranch 450
Carrots cooked in chicken broth 150
Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup w/ milk 330
8 cookies 400
Not too bad... considering the cookies are the healthiest I've ever made. All they had in them were bananas, rolled oats, raisins, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. No sugar or flour or anything. Still.. I just can't stop eating on my period UGH. No big dinner today, that's for sure! Does anybody else want to eat food when they have cramps? (not just their period, but specifically just cramps).

Last edited by megwini; 07-26-2009 at 03:36 PM.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I am the same way. I think it's because my cramps are so bad....

actually before I got an RX for pain, I was eating suckers left and right to get through the cramps--how suckers were taking my mind off debilitating cramps???? But it was working. Until I didn't want to eat to deal with the pain...

I'm on progesterone to stop TOM and I have tramadol handy just in case.

fattening, sugary foods are painkillers in their own right. They calm us, make us happier....so it's no wonder we crave endorphin triggers during TOM.

I usually have my worst binges during TOM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #3  

Actually, I'll eat.. anything, so long as I like the food. I just need to be eating. It's almost like it's the only thing that can distract me from the pain. My lunch today was salad and carrots, and I just ate a kiwi a second ago. It's more of the process of eating distracting me, I think. But I only get this during the beginning of my period.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #4  

i get ya about the eating distracting you from the pain. Do you have an Rx? I know I used to be the last person who would consider a prescription for TOM...I thought I had to be a real sissy to need that.

but when my pain had me laid out on the couch crying....and ibuprofen no longer worked--I had to do something.. I got the lightest pain killer available..tramadol. My cramps were worse when AF was coming on and then culminated the second day....then disappear by the third day.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #5  

No, fortunately Ibuprofin still works for me. But if it ever stops working, man, I'm getting an Rx as FAST as I can. Without Ibuprofin on the first day I WILL be like you, laid out on the couch crying, unable to move and just wanting to tear my uterus out because the pain is so bad. With the Ibuprofin I'm fine, but if it ever stops working.. yeah I'd DEFINITELY need something else, and FAST.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  

yeah..it was a shock to me. I had taken 6 ibuprofen--and the pain still was intense...usually I can take 2 the whole day and be good. I get sciatica with TOM...my legs cramp from my lower back to the bottom of my knees...it hurts so bad. but ib always worked in the past.