Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Unhappy I KNOW this is unreasonable... bear with me

I KNOW I was totally on plan last sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday. I have been on either nothing or just clear fluids (around 600 calories of juice yesterday and today) for the past 3-4 days. I KNOW this. I know that the fact that my weight is UP to 248.8 POUNDS this morning is ALL FREAKING FLUID and in fact since my period is over and I didn't EAT anything I'm probably down an addition 3-5 lbs from 243.6... so I know I'm probably just around 240 or under... and yet my weight is 248.8. From water retention. From fluid.

and yet do you have any freaking idea how disapointed and how much of a FAILURE that makes me feel???????

I know it's pain and exhaustion and worry and and and talking... but man this freaking sucks.

*writing through tears*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh I've had that feeling many many times.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

So glad you are out of the hospital! That weight IS fluid. It CAN'T be anything else.

So, ignore it. Stay off the scale for a couple days if you need to. It will disappear as quickly as it appeared.

Really!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I know how frustrating fluctuations in the scale can be. I think anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows how disappointing a gain on the scale can be, especially when we are doing everything we should be. I know it is hard to keep this in mind, but you body is not well right now. With the gallbladder issues, and now the pancreas issues, the stress of the hospital stay and upcoming surgery, the medication, the fluids...all of this, your body is most likely stressed to the max. Your body is going to need some patients and understanding, especially over the next few days before and right after your surgery. Stressing over weight gain, especially because you know and we know that you have not gained fat, you just have a lot of extra fluids right now, this is all going to make the surgery that much harder on your body. Surgery is rough on a person's body, even fairly routine surgeries, the stronger you can make your body going into things, doing whatever you can, especially reducing stress, is going to give your body the best possible chance for a smooth, uneventful surgery and recovery. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay off the scale until after your surgery. It's just a few days, you know you are not eating in a way that is going to make you actually store excess fat, just follow the liquid diet, reduce your stress where ever you can and rest up. Your body needs and deserves it for the week it has ahead.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh smart woman that we've all come to know, love, respect and admire - yes, there is no other explanation other then fluid retention.

There is no other explanation other then fluid retention. There is no other explanation other then fluid retention. There is no other explanation other then fluid retention.

Say it three times. And then forget about it, don't think about it ......... Ya know why? Because there is no other explanation other then fluid retention.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #6  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

cfmama this is your health we're talking about. You did your best but our bodies are funny things and you've been going through a lot with your health - you cant explain the blip on the scale when your body has been going through the wringer health wise.

when I am crazy sick (MS flare up) I STOP weighing myself until I'm healthy again. and ya know what, I'm usually down a bunch of weight. BUT even if I'm not, you're changing YOUR LIFE! you are not a failure! look at all the changes you've made and how much weight you've lost!!!!

Last edited by valpal23; 07-26-2009 at 02:58 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

You are going to have to ignore the scale for a little while esp after your surgery. This water retention and soon to be swelling is out of your control and getting upset over it will only hinder, not help. Acknowledge this and let it go.

You know this though girlie...

Chin up and focus on getting better!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/218/smaller!

Height: 5.1

Sorry you're feeling so down. I am waiting for my gall bladder to be removed and over the last month or so there have been days and days when I could barely eat or just have juice and the scale did not move an inch, in fact sometimes it went up. I took it sooooo badly (probably muh to do with the gall bladder pain and anxiety of the surgery) but I literally cried all the way to work for about a week! I have no idea what happened but all of a sudden my weight is going down quite quickly again (still can barely eat) and the difference it has made to my mood is immense! The most important thing is getting better right now, please dont worry about the scale. I think it was easier for me to cry over the scale than it is to say I'm scared of the pain! Hope you feel better really soon. Take good care of yourself and give the scale a well earned rest for a few days.
shashasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #9  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Have your husband hide that scale till this is all over!!! I am rediculoisly(however you spell it) obsesive over the numbers on the scale- so I completly understand your feelings. Just tell yourself the battery is dead or the spring is broken and focus on doing what you can to make the next few days as stress free as possible. Lots of good throughts and hugs being sent your way!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

to the millionth power. you know the answer, I hope you'll feel less crppy about everything sooooon.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Big hugs Pain clouds our minds and makes normal frustration, well, explode to non-normal quantities.

I've been here (knee surgery) and everyone is right...there is no other explanation. It'll come off, your pain will be reduced, and you'll see all of this in a different light.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #12  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Babe, you can't CRY that extra 10 lbs out...!! Super chill, it will fall off fast and take a couple of its buddies with it! Hugs!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #13  

Height: 4'11"

Turn around 3 times, click your heels together and say "130 pounds, 130 pounds, 130 pounds!"

Hope you feel better soon hon. I can't wait for your gall bladder to be out this week. That thing's gotta weigh at least 10 lbs, right?

Last edited by thinpossible; 07-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #14  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Say, weren't you in the HOSPTAL? On an IV? This is JUST FLUID. They push you full of it when you are in the hospital. It'll come off. Just stop driving yourself crazy. Hide the scale until 5 days after your surgery. Seriously. Then you'll see a WHOOSH...
Same thing happened to me after my ob/gyn laparoscopy. AND my gall bladder surgery. AND my tonsillectomy.
You think -- hey, no FOOD, on PLAN, weight must be FLYING OFF.
NOT.
You are full of IV fluids. That's all.

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww, it's a lot of pent up emotion and probably a little hunger thrown in there if it's been liquids only. Avoid the scale and only concentrate on healing and feeling well. Soon it will all be well.

Remember rest heals best !!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote