Mini-Goals - My NSV!!!

View Full Version : My NSV!!!

ANewCreation
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Okay, today was a little frustrating for me. I have been dealing with a situation that came to a head today. Nobody died, nothing serious --just frustrating. The last thing I wanted to do was hit the treadmill. Everything in me said, 'You deserve to sit in front of the TV and chill.' Then I thought to myself, 'I will not punish my own body because I'm aggravated at someone else.'

So, I got on the treadmill and worked it hard for 30 minutes. And while I had to keep repeating that mantra to myself the entire time, I have to say I stuck it out and I'm proud of myself!

And, I didn't go to food for comfort either.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Thanks for letting me share!

Onederchic
07-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Wooo!! Congrats :hug:

Lissus
07-25-2009, 01:49 AM
AWESOME!!

I had a very similar type situation the other day, and pushed myself to work out still too. It's a good feeling afterwards isn't it? :D

CamiToo
07-25-2009, 02:33 AM
That sounds like two NSVs to me. You worked out when you didn't want to and you didn't eat for comfort! Way to go!:cp:

CandieRae
07-26-2009, 11:34 AM
That's so great Creation! It's so hard to push through those super tough times so I congratulate you for doing it!! Yay for you!

Aclai4067
07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh man. Aren't angry workouts awesome? Sometimes I wish I had more rage in me.

niru78
07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I commend you for your will power! Way to go girl, :-)
You guys Rock!
Chunkychic, every time I want to press that STOP button on the treadmil because it feels like dying, I think of you! you started from the 300s and now, at least 20 lbs smaller than me! you inspire me to keep going, I owe my success to the likes of you all!
Well, I have a NSV to share myself. The other day I was done with 45 mins of treadmil and 45 mins of Elliptical, I stopped by the pool on my way back to the apartment. The pool is so crowded that time there are no more normal chairs available. I always dread sitting on those high chair/counter top long chairs coz I have to sort of climb in to them. But those were the only ones around, I tried and it is as easier as it can be to get in to them. Felt so good, I came running back home and shared with my ever supporting husband who is taking care of my 3.5 yr old and the 7 month old so I can go to the gym.
You are the reason I get up and go to the gym every day! Thank YOU Thank YOU and Thank YOU!