Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/235/145

Height: 5'7'

Default I Need To Change!

Hello everyone,

My name is Rachel, I just turned 27, and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 3 years ago. While it shouldn't have been completely shocking, considering my father had diabetes, I was shocked and completely devastaed. I have really been struggling over the last 3 years with a lot of issues. I've dealt with depression, stress, and an addiction to smoking. I have been in denial about the diabetes and have made no efforts to change until now. I am so tired all the time, I have no energy, my legs and feet constsatly ache, and there is always some new physical outbreak (rashes, yeast infections, etc.). I honestly am so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I am only 27 years old and I feel like I'm in my 60's or 70's. I currently weigh 235 pounds and would like to lose about 80-90 lounds. I would appreciate any tips, encouragement, or advice. I'm so happy to have found this forum and think it will be a great starting point for losing weight and managing my diabetes.
rwest82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/226/160

Height: 5'1

I was diagnosed with type 2 15 weeks into my pregnancy which means I was likely that I was diabetic before. I too was sluggish..sometimes i would sit on the couch and veg for hours doing the bare minimum because it felt like too much work to get up. I was exhausted before my day even begin. My eating habits were ridiculous..I opted to take insulin for both me and my baby's sake as I knew being pregnant there were certain cravings I could not control.
It was like new life! The sluggishness was gone I had energy because my body was able to brake down the food correctly! Exercising helps also. I will be diabetic after my pregnancy but will not take insulin..so i will stick with this form!
Tiffrutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Girls,
Come join us in the "Good Old Summertime". You will find help and support with us in the big group. We'd be glad to be with you and happy to have you there. It's a pretty diverse group, but you two are about in the same place I am, and I too was diagnosed 3 yrs ago, and I was a gestational diabetic in my first pregnancy. I'd be glad to keep up with you if you need someone to talk to on the side too. Just e-mail or private message me. Kathy
TappingPeony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/226/160

Height: 5'1

how do i get there?
Tiffrutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #5  
Certified Wgt Mgt Advisor

S/C/G: Lost over 20 lbs & 30 ins

Hi Ladies,

Here's something you can all do to get started right away. Stop eating bread - especially white bread. Believe it or not, wheat breads are just as bad. The reason being is that most of the nutrition has been taken out in the processing of the wheat (and that's on almost all breads).

Never the less, try this just one day at a time and see how you feel. I'll bet some of your aches and pains and lethargic feels go away. Let me know!

Check out Glycemic indexing on the net. the University of Sydney as a comprehensive site all about Glycemic Indexing.

Here's to your good health,
Lynn
Lynn G is offline   Reply With Quote