Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up 27 Day Challenge anyone care to join?

So I am going on a 27 day Challenge starting Today!
The reason I am choosing 27 days is because there is a festival I am going to in 27 days and I want to be able to wear something appropriate and feel like I look good for the evening so I enjoy it the most!
Also I only have a little over a month left of living on my own and than I am moving back in with my parents temporarily. And I know how difficult it will be to try and eat healthy there so I really need to kick myself into gear now of forming Healthier eating habits so I am somewhat prepared for moving back in with them.
Tonight I am cleaning out my kitchen b/c there are way to many trigger foods in there! I suffer from binge eating at night and often wake up in the middle of the night and groggily stuff face only to wake up with a belly ache and depression/guilt from the Night binging. I do this on days both when I am restricting and not restricting so it has less to do with hunger than it has to do I think, with using it as a comfort aid in order to fall back asleep.
I don't know if I should talk to my doctor about it, but for now I am just going to get rid of all the bad food and that way if I am hungry at night at least I will be stuffing face of the healthy stuff at night. Right?
Also this past month I got back into drinking sodas and juices and it all makes me feel icky for the most part. So its back to Water, & Vitamin water's...
Anyone care to Join me on this challenge? I will be updating this post almost every day. I need some accountability to stay on track otherwise I might just fall off the wagon again as I did these past few weeks...

Here are my goals:

Current Weight" --unknown but I was still 171 last week...

Goal Weight to reach in 27 days: Low 160's (about a ten lb loss)

I'll be checking back in starting @ the end of the day!!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/233.5/147

Height: 5'5

im in whats the challenge to lose 10lbs in 27 days? just so im clear!
x
kjones90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Oo I'm in. Actually I'm trying to extend my own challenge until September 1st.

My goals are to eat no sugar (except fresh fruit), or simple carbs. As well as work out 3-4 days per week. I hope to lose 10lbs as well!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm in. I'll join any motivational thread I can!

I'm trying to get to goal by September 8th (which PROBABLY won't happen ), which is about two lbs a week. So, 27 days... 2 lbs a week. 8 lbs.

I'm trying to get to 140 in 27 days!

1) I'm sticking to 1,250-1500 calories a day
2) I'm exercising 3 times a week, even if it's just light
3) I'm drinking two glasses of pure water, without juice crystals, a day
4) I'm cutting out desserts from the menu, with the exception of fruit

Good luck ladies!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #5  

Awesome ladies!!

Yes I guess you figure the challenge to be a loss of between 8-10 lbs since that seems about right where everyone wants to lose within the time frame =) and of course you can extend the time to...its deffinatly open to interpretation!

Thanks for motivating me and joining gals! =-)
Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #6  

P.S. Just post any info you want, daily/weekly however is best for you! I'm going to try and update every day with my cal intake, water intake, and anything else that counts
Old 07-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

H'okay!

I went for a run today in the icky hot heat, and nearly died from a killer cramp. But I WENT, and I toughed it out for three laps around my high school's track, then jogged my way home afterwards, panting like a german shepard. It was sexy.

I drank two glasses of water this morning with breakfast.

I didn't have dessert after lunch, I had some frozen mango chunks instead.

Aaaand.. my calorie intake after dinner is 1,150, but I'm going to the movies tonight, and I'm gonna sneak in a little 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #8  

Jelbb we have the same starting weight and goal pretty much! (I haven't changed my ticker back to 147 yet...) lol.

Today was hard, day FOUR without any sugar! I'm doing the 30DS 3 times a week and sunday i'm starting to run again.

Gross part of the day was I ate half a bagette before I realized it was moldy! EW. And I just BOUGHT IT.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/218/160

Height: 5"3

I'm in...this will give me a chance to lose a little weight before classes begin!!

Current Weight: 213
Weight In 27 Days: 200 (Hopefully :])
Kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #10  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

10 lbs in 27 days? I'm in!
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #11  
Queen Yo-yo

Analeh!!!!
Hallooo, I haven't seen you 'round these parts in ages! Thank god you keep your avatar the same, or I probably wouldn't've remembered your screen name, hehehe. How ya doin, lady?

And yeah, you're 147?? Wow, we're about dead-on, eh? And.. I'm even considering dropping my goal down to 130, but... not until I get to 135, and see how I feel.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #12  

Jelbb! I love your idea to sneak in a 100 cal bag of popcorn to the movies, lol! I should go that tomorrow when I go...hah.

Yesterday I did really good, I binged the night prior so I didn't eat much at all...I'd say I only ate about 650 calories...but I felt so full the first several hours of the day I couldnt have ate anything if I wanted to, lol. I think its fine since it pretty much helps balance out all the extra ones I had the day before I drank only water although I only had about 3 bottles worth maybe. And my goal would deff be to have between 6-7 tall cups/bottles a day.

I am going to be bumminb around with the bf today but tomorrow I hope to get some excersize in! =-)
Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #13  
Queen Yo-yo

Hehe. It works out really well, sneaking it in. If I get a small movie popcorn (with butter, as I would be apt to do), it's almost 700 calories. 100 calories... is SO a better idea!

Wow, 650? :S That's REALLY low! Just be careful, eh? Sometimes super-low calorie intake can have the opposite effect-- if your body thinks you don't have access to enough food, it kicks into starvation mode, starts storing up everything you DO eat, and then it hinders your weight loss efforts, ick!

Hope you get that exercise in, lady!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #14  

Lol I changed my avatar now Jelbb! Haha.

Okay I lost 2lbs! Woot woot! I think it is water weight though but I'll take it!. Today is going to be a lot of errands, I hate that! Workout as soon as breakfast digests, then shower, then lunch, then laundry, then come home and go out again for groceries. Gah!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #15  

Thanks Jelbb =) Oh I plan on eating a healthy amount today so don't worry! I actually have a craving for a glass of wine or two but wine is full of so many empty calories! Decisions.

I need to pick up some fresh fruits & veggies this morning...those I can fill up on for sure, lol.