Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 04:03 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default WHAT ARE YOUR LONG TERM GOALS??

Stop and take a moment here and think of what you would like your long term goal to be - say, in 1 year time. Here's mine - for now anyway.

WT WISE:

My Labor Day goal: 165
My b'day goal (12/20): 150
My goal by summer 2003: 130

OTHER WISE:

1) get back into my size 4-6 clothes (I kept a few - just because)

2) To be able to buy a decent fit of jeans - not the elastisized waist - but the ones with buttons and zippers (I have to get a larger size to fit my stomach and waist, and then the legs are way to big cuz I have skinny legs)!

3) For now, just be more healthy!

ANYONE ELSE???

CJ
184.5/174/120
Old 07-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

Default OK, I'll bite...

... I'll bite anything! That's my problem, isn't it!?

Anyway, my long-term goal(s):

I keep saying that this was supposed to be the summer I finally get to appear in public in shorts and/or a bathing suit. Didn't happen, did it? OK, so maybe next summer. By then, I plan to be at or below my 150 goal.

One "small" goal I have is that next summer when I'm at a cookout (probably one of my sister's famous gatherings) when everyone else is "chowing down" and eating all that cookout stuff, and someone asks me if I want more, my response will be something like "no, I'll just have a couple more of these carrot sticks" or "a couple of these grapes" or "is there another bottle of that water in the ice chest?" or ... Well, you get the idea. Oh, I can already see the look on my aunt's face....

Oooh, CJ! I do like this thread!!
Old 07-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks Jo for posting here! And ~ I know you can do it! I know you can! Remember the Little Engine That Could? Maybe I'm going to far back for you ... it's one of my childhood books I remember ~ about a little engine that had to go up a very steep hill - and didn't think he could do it ~ kept saying "I think I can ~ I think I can ~ I KNOW I can! And..... yes, it did make it! Love that book ~ have it packed away somewhere .......

Well, anyone else??? Come on girls ~ waiting to hear from everyone ~ gonna keep "bumping" this thread to the top!

Love, CJ
Old 07-03-2002, 06:53 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

This is a difficult one for me. I have soooo many long term goals, but I guess you are wanting the weight related ones....Hmmmm! (the Hmmmm is instead of my Canadian, eh?)

Well, I have achieved the goal that I set for myself last July 9th and feel wonderful about it. What's more, I find myself doing the things that Jo mentioned in her note. I just went to a family weekend and found myself picking bits of food off hubby's plate because I wasn't hungry enough to order my own meals, ordering water instead of something else to drink, choosing a salad to eat rather than the buffets that were spread out. What's more, the snooty sister-in-law was jealous. Yeah for me.

However, on the long term goal side, I really want to do 2 things this coming year.

1. Become more consistent with exercise. I am out of the habit now and just can't seem to get back to it.

2. Make healthy choices that will allow me to maintain the weight that I am right now.

I read your goals, CJ and Jo, and I know that they are doable. I know you are able to do this and will be checking in to make sure that you stay on track. Keep it up.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:49 PM   #5  

Default My long term goals

Okay, well re weight my long term goals are:

1) To not put on weight after dd is born like I did with Charlie, rather
2) To get back to pre-pg weight within 6 months, and
3) By the time I go back to work (when bub is 9-12 months), be back in my old work clothes and
4) Back playing netball and going to the gym or equivalent exercise levels.

Really long term, I just want to get to 132 and stay there as a relatively fit and lean person. Just normal. Not up and down. Stable at that weight and comfortable in my own skin

Sam
139 (pre pg)/ 163 (now)/??? (9 months pg)/132 (longterm goal)
Old 07-14-2002, 01:44 PM   #6  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
Mind if I join in?

Well I would be just happy to get off the other half of my weight I have been working at toward my goal. I don't know with all my traveling I just haven't gotten to the point where I can't resist. I mean I don't actually PIG out, but I like to have some of the things and so I end up gaining and have to work really hard the next few weeks to take it all off. NO FAIR I SAW.

So in a nutshell

1. Lose the rest of my weigh.

2. Get back to the exercise, water and everything else from before summer rolled around.

3. Be as healthy as I can be and have a positive feeling about it all.

Everyone has some great long term goals and they are all obtainable for all of us, CJ, Jo, Peggy and Sam-ANYONE ELSE? JUMP RIGHT IN AND POST AND LET US KNOW.

Take care everyone, Sassy Sharon
Old 07-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #7  
CH

Okay, why not. Long term goals, by next summer, 2003:

1. Be close to my goal weight (like within 10 lb.) As slow as my loss is going this might be hard to do.

2. Make exercise an important part of my life. Exercising at least 4 times per week.

I think I will stop here. If I can do both these things, I know other problems will be taken care of.
Carolyn
Closed Thread