Exercise! - Everyday Exercisers ~July~

View Full Version : Everyday Exercisers ~July~

MarvintheMartian
07-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Thought that I'd start a new thread for the new month! :)

Had yesterday off for Canada Day... that was great, but doesn't it seem like long weekends go faster than regular ones? :lol:

The good news is that we got to spend the night in tne new house on Sunday! I went down to the farm to visit DH, who is staying in the travel trailer to keep an eye on the house, and I didn't want to sleep in that tiny little bed, unless I absolutely HAD to... so DH and his dad pulled the new mattresses into the house, and we slept on that... no power, no water, no toilets! It was great! Anyway, they are pouring the concrete basement floor either today or tomorrow, then hopefully the plumber will get the septic tank and stuff done by the weekend, meaning, I might be able to move in then! Yay! :D

As for my "everyday" exercising... I AM going to Curves today, no ifs ands or buts about it! I swear to you guys that I will be able to come on here tomorrow and proudly announce how my first day back was! ;) No foolin! Otherwise, on Saturday, I went for a short bike ride... Sunday, a long walk with DH... but not much yesterday. At least I'm doing something now! And shortly I'll be moving and unpacking, which has to count for something! :lol:

Well, I'm not sure if you guys will be around with the Fourth of July and all, but if not, hope you have a great one! :)

MarvintheMartian
07-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Yippee! You guessed it ~ I went back to Curves yesterday, and it was awesome! :) Had a great workout, and kept me heartrate at about the right rate, and I'm not even sore today!

And I got weighed/measured ~ just for fun, since I'm not allowed to "officially" weigh/measure... and I'm up a total of 2.5 pounds from the last time, which was two days after this little one was conceived.... so that's a pretty accurate pre-pg weight! :D So, 2.5 pounds is, I think, great for the first trimester, and I'm very happy with that! My waist has expanded by 3 inches, and my belly/hips only about a 1/2 inch... Anyway, they wrote this all in my chart, including how far along I am, and will continue to do so for my entire pg... I just have to remember to go in for weigh/measure at the beginning of each calendar month!

Anyway, noticed that a bunch of people have been checking out this thread... please post, we'd love to have you join us! :)

MarvintheMartian
07-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Ho hum! ;) Just sitting here talking to myself again, but at least it keeps the thread bumped! :)

Went to Curves again last night after work, and it felt great! I am sooooo glad that I got back into it! So, that is my 2 times for this week, and I hope to go M-W-F next week, and for most weeks after that... Loving it!

Had an awesome dr's appt too, baby sounds great, measuring ok, only up 2.5 pounds from last visit, which is right on target, and dr answered a few of my "curiousity" questions about delivery, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Will be away at the farm this weekend, moving stuff in (!), and getting the house ready... so I'll see you all on Monday! :wave:

Stamper
07-07-2002, 10:42 AM
Hi Marvin! I kept checking the old thread for new messages and didn't notice this one until today. Thanks for starting it. Sorry to leave you here talking to yourself! Sounds like things are coming along well with the house. Did you get to do any moving this weekend? Congrats on getting back to Curves and on keeping your weight in a good range for the first trimester. Sounds like you are doing great!

Well, remember the last time I posted I had gained half of my 3 pounds back when I went out to eat? Well, I ended up gaining all of it. But yesterday when I got on the scale I was down 4. So I'm counting overall a 4 pound loss since I started back on this message board. I don't know if I will make it to my 13 pound goal by 7/20 though. I feel much better because I am getting exercise every day (almost) :o . I've packed my lunch and breakfast everyday for work and when I didn't I got a 6 inch turkey sub from Subway instead of driving through McDonalds.

Last Wednesday I tripped over a chair in my office and fell flat on my face. I am glad my door was closed so no one saw me. I felt kind of achy all day after that but no bruises. I didn't do any laps that night - I just felt out of kilter. Then Thursday was 4th of July. I was in the pool all day because it was so hot, but I mostly was just treading water and stuff. It was so hot that the water felt like bathwater and I just couldn't do laps in it.

I went to yoga yesterday and swam laps. My plan today is to either do yoga or get on the ET and swim some laps later.

Have a good week!

MarvintheMartian
07-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Yawn... Gees, Monday morning comes awful fast around here! ;) Sounds like you didn't have too bad of a holiday week... sorry about your fall! That's nasty! I'm glad you did it in privacy though... nothing worse than people laughing at you when you're down! And hey, a 4 pound loss is great! :D You should be congratulating yourself! And the sub instead of McD's is a great move! I always find that it's the little stuff like that, that made the most difference in my weight loss... Kudos to you! I'm still letting my cravings guide me, though I try to eat a variety of stuff, and get my fruits/veggies in... it's a struggle sometimes, but hey, that's life!

Had a fairly good weekend... got some stuff moved, but not a lot, since we're still waiting on our builders to come in and fix all the cracks, etc from the move. Figured I don't want all my stuff lying around while they're in there... We have now got a basement floor and a septic tank, so this week, they'll be working on the heating ducts, the plumbing and the stairs... so hopefully when I go down there next weekend, it will be for good! As long as there are toilets and showers, I can live out of there and still make it to work looking like a human! :lol: And, our new furniture will be delivered Saturday morning, and my DH's company's annual golf tourney is on Sunday, so no real time to "move in", but we're getting there!

Anyway, I'm off to Curves after work today, and I'm still looking forward to it, even though I'm exhausted today! :smug: It should keep me awake, if nothing else! :lol:

BTW, Pamela, where are you? Miss ya! :)

Stamper
07-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Sounds like your house is coming along. I bet you are so anxious to get it to the point you can move in. So your DH is a golfer too? So is mine. He was golfing yesterday. My only rule is that he doesn't make t-times for my Saturday yoga morning except I let him off the hook now and then for something special. My daughter is 12 but I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone yet for that long - she has mild autism (Aspergers) so I'm just afraid she would panic if something happened like a wierd phone call or if the smoke alarm went off (you know how they do that when the battery gets low). Anyway, yesterday I spent almost the whole afternoon cleaning the storage area in our basement. It was really disorganized. I ended up not doing the yoga because I was exhausted from that. Also I picked red raspberries outside. They grow wild on the edge of our lot near the woods. I got about 2 qts. In between the cleaning I jumped in the pool twice when I got too hot and did two 20 minute aquasizes. It was a good day to spend indoors. It smelled like there was a fire burning somewhere and the sky looked like smoke. I thought someone was burning brush or maybe there was a fire in the woods but I heard on the news later it was smoke from forrest fires in Quebec. Hard to believe we could get that much smoke here in PA. Today I am home with my DD. She has a bad earache - probably swimmers ear, so I am taking her to the dr later. I will probably work out before we go.
Hope you have a good workout at Curves.

I wonder where Pamela is? Maybe vacation?

tupo_girl
07-09-2002, 05:07 AM
Here I am! We were on vacation all last week. We went to Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, IL. It was HOT!!!!!! And humid! It was at least in the 100's a couple of days. We camp while we are there and it was really tough being pregnant and having a toddler. We walk everywhere and the heat made it hard to eat (nearly passed out in the showers one day). But I got to see my favorite band (poor old lu) 3 times and spent a good portion of my time working their merch table which was a ton of fun. They're really great, fun guys. I expected a loss when I got back since my legs and face had shrunk, but instead I gained 3 pounds!! I built a lot of muscle while there (we were camped in a small valley) and I know my belly grew significantly. I think the baby just got really big while there. I mean, when you start the week with flutters then on the way home are feeling actual kicks, that's the baby growing right? LOL. Guess we'll find out Friday. We get our ultrasound on Thursday, so we might find out what this little one is. It's starting to feel real!! This baby is such a night owl. It's making it hard to go to bed when I know that 11 pm is the prime time for movement. Well that's enough from me. We're recovering right now (tons and tons of dust there = lots and lots of allergies!) so I don't know when I'll get back to real excercise. Pretty soon I hope though. Don't wanna lose this great muscle I worked my butt off for!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey, Pamela! Welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice vacation, even with the heat and dust! :) And congrats on feeling the baby kick! That's awesome news, and must mean that all is growing great in there! I haven't felt anything yet, but I'm also a couple weeks behind you, and it's my first, so... who knows? Could be anytime between now and a month from now, but I'm watching out for it... ;) Hopefully my baby will be active before 11 pm, since I can't stay up that late anymore! :lol:

Stamper ~ Yeah, I heard about that smoke from Quebec reaching to a lot of the states... they showed some pics from NYC on the news, and it was sooo thick! I couldn't believe it! :) Sounds like you had a busy day though, even without the yoga! Wish I had the energy to do all that stuff with ya! I think once we finally get everything moved into the house, it'll help, since I'll get started on unpacking, and probably won't be able to stop! :D I'll have to set my timer, ala FlyLady, to keep myself from overdoing it!

I didn't make it to Curves last night though, as I developed a killer headache in the early afternoon, and it was not going away for nothing... I even took some Tylenol (dr okayed) but it didn't even touch it, so I figured the last thing that I wanted to do was increase my heartrate! ;) Anyway, I will go after work today, so no harm done! I'm still just aiming for 2-3 times a week.

tupo_girl
07-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Marvin, yeah I've only been feeling the baby move in the last week or so, plus this is my second. Don't think I felt Em move quite this early. The headaches are really getting to me too!! I get them usually around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and the ONLY thing that helps is a nap, which is hard to get with Em. The headaches were hard to deal with at Cornerstone.
Congrats on the house btw!!!

Stamper, I didn't know there were fires in Quebec! Crazy! I miss so much when we are away. Hope things are getting better.
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
07-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Pamela: Great to hear from you again. It sounds like a neat trip despite the heat and dust. That's great that the baby is moving. It seems to me like my baby usually moved a lot at night but sometimes I think that when you are still it's just easier to notice. Of course when the baby gets real big you notice whatever you are doing! Your gain probably is all baby! With all that heat I bet you could retain some water too. So what kind of music does your favorite band play?

Marvin: Sorry to hear about your bad headache. I had a bad one yesterday morning, when I stayed home with my sick DD. I think it was sinus, maybe from the smoke. It finally went away after my second dose of ibuprophen. Did you every try an icepack or cold compress? Sometimes that helps me if I have one of those headaches that don't go away.

I never did my yoga yesterday. I ended up swimming an hour after we got home from the dr. and pharmacy. DD has swimmer's ear. Today my DH stayed home with her and I ended up working until 8:30 pm, so I am just skipping exercise today and I'll hope for a chance to exercise Wednesday.

MarvintheMartian
07-10-2002, 10:58 AM
Yep, these headaches are awful! :) And they seem to be somewhat a daily occurance too... :( Sometimes they are worse than other times, and I'm just living with it!

I did make it to Curves last night, as my afternoon headache wasn't too bad... and it actually made my headache go away! :) So, I was feeling pretty good last night! Stayed up until 10 to watch Austin Powers 2 on tv... and now I'm feeling a little tired, but oh well... early to bed tonight, that's for sure!

Not sure, but I might go to Curves after work again tonight... we'll see how I feel! :)

Stamper ~ Where do you put the icepack? I've heard of using them, but have no idea how! :lol: I'd assume that you can use them on your neck or your forehead, wherever felt better, right? I'll have to give that one a shot... can't hurt!

tupo_girl
07-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Stamper, my favorite band is kind of indie rockish I guess, hehe. They have a good website at www.pooroldlu.com if you're interested. There's a few sound samples there.

I might try that ice pack trick. I used to do that when I was pregnant with Em. I got the migraines in first trimester at night and would lay in the dark with ice in a plastic baggie wrapped in a dish towel. It would help, I think, either that or I conked out. It's a little bit harder to do that now!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Well, no Curves yesterday, but there sure will be today! ;) I was so utterly exhausted that I went to bed before 7 pm last night! :o

Oh well, I needed the rest, and I actually feel human again this morning, so I'm happy with it... I have a busy day ahead though, and I'm looking forward to it being Friday tomorrow! :D

tupo_girl
07-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Well, we're having a .... baby!!!!! Yay!! Hehe. And a mighty fine cute one at that. No biggie to me, I was torn on finding out. Jeremy's a little upset.

I'm so tempted to toss my scale and just go by the dr's. Not literally toss the scale but you know. I know when I've had bad weeks and when I've had good ones. And if I stress eat one week, it's not like I can do anything about the weight any time soon. So why stress myself out over a pound or two??? (This was a rough week with recuperating!!) What do you guys think??
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Go for it! Throw that scale right out the window! Okay, well maybe just stash it in the closet or something! ;) But, seriously, get rid of it! I am not weighing in at all except at my dr's appts, and at the beginning of every month at Curves, and it's totally liberating! I have enough things to worry about (health of baby, fears of parenthood,etc) to worry about without obsessing about every pound, right? I figure as long as I'm eating a good variety of healthy food, with no obscene amounts fo junk, babe and I should be just fine. Of course, I worry about being a beached whale after baby, but now that I'm starting to get back into my exercising, I feel better about it. BTW, congrats on having a "baby"! :D I love that you're not finding out too, so I have someone to share with! It seems like most, if not all, of my pg buddies on my other board are all finding out!

I had kind of a downer day yesterday, when DH told me that they have installed the heating system in the house, but they haven't even started on the plumbing yet! :( So, I won't be moving out there this weekend, though I'll be going out to stay for the weekend... I had a feeling that this would happen, so I'm not totally shocked, but it's like, come on, it's 35 freaking degrees outside... I don't NEED a HEATING system! :lol: I NEED a toilet! :lol:

The good thing is though, it was so hot out yesterday, and I had a killer headache, so I skipped Curves... and ended up going to aquajogging with my mom instead... the water was blissful, I had a good workout, and there was even a woman there that was probably 7-8 months pregnant, so I know if she can do it, so can I! I'm gonna try to make this a regular thing to, if I can, especially through the summer. It dropped my internal temp quite a bit, got rid of my headache and made me comfy for the rest of the night. I even slept better! :smug:

Anyway, have a good weekend guys, and I'll see you next week!

Durian
07-13-2002, 05:01 AM
How do you stay motivated? I cannot seem to get myself back into the routine of exercise. I really need some motivation and you seem encouraging. I was just curious as to how you get motivated. :)

Thanks,

April Marie :wave:

Stamper
07-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Hello April Marie- I assume you are new? I've just been back on this board about a month and haven't seen a post from you before.

Staying motivated is hard. It's easy for me to lose my motivation. I think the two best things for me are:
1. After you exercise, notice how great you feel! Even if you are hot and tired you have a feeling of accomplishment and you can feel you are breathing deeper, relaxed, etc. Remember that good feeling so the next time you don't quite feel like exercising, think about how good you will feel afterwards.
2. Sometimes you have to take a break from it because of your schedule or you are ill or something. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just get back to exercising even if it's only 15 or 20 minutes the next time you can.

Marvin & Pam: I usually either get stress headaches in the back of my neck and shoulders or sinus ones around my eyes and forehead. For the sinus one, I actually have one of those blue vinyl ice packs with a cut out for your eyes and I lay down and put that on. At work sometimes I just get a cold can of soda and put in against my forehead between sips. It probably looks stupid but it helps. For the neck and shoulder ones, gently, slowly, rotating your head in a circle a few times in each direction helps release the tension. Breathe in through your nose as you head goes back and breathe out as you circle forward. Reverse. We do this in yoga. Raising and lowering your shoulders (shoulder shrugs) can help or something warm (heating pad) on your neck and shoulders.

Marvin, sorry the house isn't coming along as quick as you'd like. Sounds like the aquasize is a great idea for you though. It's easier to do, especially with the baby weight and it cools you down.

Pam, I think you're right not to stress too much about the weight while you are expecting. I retained water some when I was pg and the baby can go through growth spurts.

Well, my story - I didn't have a great exercise week after Monday. Wednesday night we went out to eat and I didn't exercise. Thursday night I got in the pool for just about 20 minutes. But at least I did something. It was only 65 outside when I got in but the pool was 80. It was cool here this week after having such a hot week during July 4. Friday night I went to a 7 to midnight crop (scrapbooking) and my only exercise was carrying all my stuff up and down the steps. This morning I went to yoga and I intend to either swim or get on the Eliptical trainer later.

Well, sorry if this is a long post! Have a good weekend everyone!:cool: and stay cool if it's hot in your area!

Durian
07-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Stamper,

Thanks. :)

I am not new, really. I have been around since last August; however, I lurk often; just reading and reviewing what others have to say.

I appreciate your tips. I know how to stay fit, but it's just a matter of motivation. :)

Thanks,

April Marie :wave:

Stamper
07-14-2002, 11:59 AM
April - I know what you mean. I know what to eat and how much exercise to get - motivation is the key and that's the hardest part. Good luck!

tupo_girl
07-15-2002, 11:48 PM
Ack Marvin, sorry to hear your house is taking so long!

I ate so bad today cause I was so stresssed, hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'll be focusing on the fruits and veggies tomorrow ya know:). Got a walk in tonight, helped sooooo much with the stress. Dh got the little pool for Em set up tonight so maybe tomorrow we'll play in that. We just don't have the yard room for running around.

Stamper, I have such an urge to stamp/scrapbook tonight. Really should get my butt off of here and do it, hehe. It's been so long, sigh.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Well, we got the builders out there yesterday, and they're off and running on fixing up the cracks ans stuff, so that's started at least... :) Hopefully, our general contractor can get on our plumber's a$$ about getting that darn plumbing in! Aargh! I wanna move in!

Had a good, busy weekend though... Friday night I went for a walk with DH and the dog... Saturday we had some of our new furniture delivered, then on Sunday was DH's company golf tourny and bbq... great fun! Yesterday, I spent the day at the new house with our builder (like I said!)... Really tired today, but hoping on either Curves or aquajog. Then tomorrow is my big ultrasound! :) Can't wait to see the little bean again!

Pamela ~ Great attitude about the eating... I have my bad days too... and I just try to balance them out with the good ones! ;)

April ~ I totally agree with Stamper... Sometimes the only way that I get motivated is to just go do it, even if you don't want to... then afterwards, you feel like, why don't I do that all the time! :lol: Good luck, and feel free to hang around... posting here can give you some accountability, which can be motivating!

Stamper ~ Thanks! I'll have to try the icepack thing with my next headache! And I remember the neck stretching stuff from the yoga class I took last year... I'll have to try that out too! Looks like you've been keeping up with your exercise and getting right back on the wagon when you start to slip off ~ good for you! :D

Well, I probably won't be around tomorrow as we're spending the day in the city after the ultrasound, but I'll see you all on Wednesday!

Stamper
07-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Pam, glad you got your walk in. Sometimes the stress gets us all. I had a day like that last week when I stopped at dairy queen on the way home!. Before we had our pool, I used to like to sit in the yard with my daughter playing in her little pool and I would sit in a lawn chair by her and she would "water my legs" with a watering can. It really does cool you off.

Marvin, thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like you've been busy but you're getting your excerise. Good luck with the Ultrasound.

Sunday it was cloudy out so I went over to my friends house and stamped all afternoon and my dd played with her kids. Then when our dh's got home from golf, we all went out to eat. I thought I picked a good choice but I felt stuffed when we left so when we got home I went out and swam about 20 minutes.

Monday I was in the pool about 45 minutes and I am getting ready to go out now for a workout. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4.5 pounds since I started back on the board. Hopefully I won't be back up tomorrow. I seem to keep yo-yo ing back and forth a pound or so.

tupo_girl
07-16-2002, 11:46 PM
April, what motivates me to excerise is how good it makes me feel. Plus the added benefit of losing weight and getting toned helps too. I'm just a nicer person when I do it. I see the world through much better eyes.

Ate somewhat better today, LOL. We walked almost the whole Mall of America so that was a nice workout. Went to a movie with my sister. Bawled my eyes out (it was Ice Age, btw, LOL). So yeah.:)
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-18-2002, 12:52 PM
We're having a baby! :lol: So cool! It actually looked like a little human in there, with two arms and two legs, fingers, toes, everything! And everything looks right on target, according to the tech, so I'm thrilled! :)

I even got some exercise in yesterday too, since we moved a few boxes and unpacked them in the new house, then before my u/s we walked around the mall for a half hour or so...

Did make it to Curves on Tuesday too, and that's the plan for today as well... otherwise I'll go to aquajogging tonight, and save Curves for tomorrow... we'll see!

tupo_girl
07-18-2002, 04:05 PM
Yay on your ultrasound!!!

Ate a little too much at lunch but that's cause I went too long between breakfast and lunch (had a La Leche League meeting). *sigh* I *will* have a good rest of the week.

Excercising is getting really hard, even just walking. I've gotten quite the belly all of a sudden (I'm not eating *that* bad, I don't think!!) and my body overall is having a hard time adjusting. Lots of hip and low back pain. Trying to do what I can, but yeah...
Trying to do lunges or plies makes me dizzy. But you know what? After the baby's born, I can do it again! I am just going to be more careful.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-19-2002, 02:44 PM
I have a toilet! :lol: Sounds silly, but the plumber has promised me a toilet for the weekend, and all the rest of that stuff (toilets, showers, running water...) should all be done by Tuesday! Yay! :D I am so happy, I'm gonna get to move into my house!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Curves last night, and it was good.. I have a killer headache right now though, so I'm not sure if I'll be going there tonight or not. Maybe I'll just take my dog (and the cats!) for a long walk...

Anyway, have a good weekend, ladies! :) I know I will, peeing in a real toilet! :lol:

tupo_girl
07-22-2002, 04:03 AM
Toilets are very important! What's your move in date officially?? I'm so excited for you!!

Emmett and I had a virus the past couple of days but seem to be doing better now. I'm in another not wanting to eat phase which is good cause I ate all last week! Baby is really kicking! I'm loving it!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-23-2002, 01:45 PM
***sigh*** I wish that I had an official move-in date! As of right now, we still don't have running water (except my toilet! ;) ) and that's all we're really waiting on... they still need to finish off the deck and stairs, and there's some stuff in the basement to be done, but once we have showers, i'm in there! :lol: Can't wait for the call from DH telling me that I can move in!

On the plus side, I'm noticing that all this moving stuff around is great exercise! ;) I moved in, and unpacked, a whole whack of stuff yesterday, and I'm off to Curves after work today. Eating like a horse still, but lots of it is fruits and veggies, so I'm happy with it. My next appt is next Wednesday, so I'll find out what the damage is then...

Sorry to hear you an Em have been sick again... :( I know I'm gonna be the exact same once this little one is up and around... I catch everything! I'm sure I'll be sick ALL the time!

Stamper
07-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Marvin, sounds like progress is being made - you have a toilet! It's great that you are getting your fruits and vegies and some exercise!

Pamela, sorry to hear you and your son are under the weather - hope you are feeling better soon.

I got a lot of exercise Sat, Sun and Monday. I worked until 10:30 tonight and didn't get to exercise, but on the other hand, I've been too busy to eat much and don't seem to be craving anything yummy the last few days. I usually am a stress eater but I think I am too stressed to think of food. So I've just been eating when I'm really hungry. I know that's not always good either.

Anyway, my mom had wanted me to lose 5 pounds by her birthday and I did it. I wanted to lose more but I guess my goals are always a bit over-optomistic.

So now I am down to 208. I have such a long way to go.

MarvintheMartian
07-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Stamper ~ Congratulations! I am so proud of you! Slow and steady, wins the race, right? I've always had the attitude that as long as you're steadily losing something, you're doing great! :D Great big pats on the back for you!

As for me, I made it to Curves, adnd was having a great evening until I talked to DH, who informed me that our plumber didn't work at all AGAIN yesterday... :mad: But, I won't get into that right now... I don't want to get myself worked up again.... ;)

Thinking about going to Curves again today... we'll see. I want to at least do something, since I'm gonna need it for stress relief!

MarvintheMartian
07-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Well, I feel much better today! :) Our plumber worked a lot yesterday, and got most of his stuff done, so I'm pretty happy about that! Still clinging to the hope that we'll have running water (ie showers) for the weekend, even though I've been disappointed for the last three weeks... We'll see!

Didn't go to Curves last night. Ended up spending some time with DH, which was great, and I'm off and running to get there this afternoon.

Hope you all are doing okay. Talk to you later!

tupo_girl
07-26-2002, 08:52 PM
I haven't been able to get in here all week! Yikes! We're better but Emmett is working on all 4 of his 2 year molars (thank goodness for Motrin!!!). We walked around Minneapolis today so that was a lot of fun! I love living here...

Marvin, silly plumber! I hope he finishes soon!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Yeek! All 4 of those molars at once! :D I agree, thank goodness for Motrin! :lol:

The good news is that I am officially in my house now! :) Hot and cold running water, and everything! And I am sooooo in love with my new clawfoot tub! It's becoming a nightly ritual...

So, looks like my exercise for the next little while (other than Curves, of course) will be moving and unpacking boxes. I do need to work on my gracefullness though... I fell twice this weekend, banged my head, and dropped stuff like crazy! Wierd, seems like this weekend has been the worst so far! Thankfully, baby is well padded in there, and the only thing really hurt is my pride...

tupo_girl
07-29-2002, 03:00 PM
Ah yes, it's been fun, fun, fun here, LOL. Oh my goodness. He had been sleeping 9 pm - 9am but due to his teeth and some storms, it's now 11:30 pm - 11:30 am! I feel so bad for sleeping in so late, but I need my sleep!!! So does he, in fact...

I'm so glad to hear you're in your house, yay!!! Sorry to hear about your falls. I sprained my ankle in the stupidest way while pregnant with Em (stepped off the side of my sandal!) and that made me wary. Hehe. Glad to hear you're getting in some excercise!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
07-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Youch! Am I ever achey today! :^: You know how when you fall, but don't really hurt yourself, then a couple days later, your muscles all seize up? That's what's happened now, and I feel like heck! ;) Funny how almost everyone has at least one silly spill during pg... my mom broke her thighbone when she was 8 months along with my brother (slipped on ice)!

Oh well, we'll see how I feel after work today, and I may have to take the day off from Curves. If I do, I'll go tomorrow, no big deal!

And I'm almost 100% positive that I felt the baby kicking me last night! :smug: I was on my right side, sorta rolled forward onto my belly a bit, when I started to feel a bunch of little thunks in my lower belly, like baby was saying "Mommy, roll over, you're squishing me!" I laughed out loud, it was too cool! :lol:

tupo_girl
07-31-2002, 02:09 PM
Ooh take it easy and take care of yourself!!

I bet you did feel the baby move! That's about the only way I can make him/her move is if I lay on my belly (I have a really hard time going to sleep at night and I roll from side to side, back to front, even though I have to stop soon). Jeremy still hasn't felt it, but ds has even though he wasn't awake, LOL.

I think we have a touch of a cold or something. Emmett's been testing me constantly and it's wearing me out. I just want to sleep for about 24 hours, LOL. Mmmmmmmm sleep.
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
07-31-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi! Marvin, sorry to hear you fell. Take it easy! I bet you are so excited to be in your house but take care of yourself!

It's nice that you and Pam are both feeling your babies move. That's a neat feeling.

Last week was very stressful at work. I didn't get to exercise a few days but also didn't get to eat much. I lost another pound. This week I have exercised every night except tonight. I went to the movies with my daughter and my friend and her step grandson. We saw The Crocodile Hunter. It was pretty funny. Then we ate at Friendly's. I didn't do so well today. But there's always tomorrow.

I hope you both have a good week. I will be on vacation and probably won't be back on here until 8/12.

tupo_girl
08-01-2002, 02:33 AM
Have fun on your vacation and congrats on the pound lost!

You'll be back just in time for us to leave, hehe...Keep the board going.

Emmett has a full fledged cold! Oy vey:).
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
08-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Come join me on the new thread for August! :D