Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Frustrated!!!

Well hey there ladies!

I'm back from a long absence...and boy do I feel awful.

So the quick rundown!

1. I graduated
2. Moved 2 days after graduation
3. Started a full-time administrative job 2 days after moving. (Yeah, I sit in front of a computer for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week...)

I've been so busy unpacking, catching up with old friends, and working 2 jobs (I'm still waiting tables for the other job...), I've completely slacked. And I can physically FEEL it...it's "only" about 5lbs or so, but I can feel a huge change in my body and energy level...

Today I'm putting my foot down. A coworker actually told me today that I've "put on a little bit of weight" since starting there (just 2 months ago!!) and it was my final warning call.

SO! I need accountability! No more fast food, I'm going to start making my breakfasts/lunches/dinners for the next day and QUIT being lazy by eating out, start SHREDDING again and start running!

So please, if you have any wise words or suggestions on how to do this and stick with it, please let me know! I don't want to get burned out so quick...I was doing so well when I was away at school!

((And it's great to be back!!!))
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

well, welcome back!

and I know it must be really hard with everything you have going on right now. i know when I was out of work, the only thing I had to do was work out to occupy my time, then when I started working again, I completely slacked because I had to adjust my body to working again. (I was off for 3 months! )

But I think once everything settles down for you, like you get unpacked and everything is caught up with friend/family, make working out A priority! Kinda like you have to work, make yourself think I have to work out. To where its not an option.

You can't take back the slacking, just dust yourself off and get back on the workout wagon!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, Courtney, honey!!!!!

First of all... HOW RUDE of your coworker, lol. I always wonder if people think that as long as you're not morbidly obese, you must not have any issues with your weight, and as a result, they're ALLOWED to make comments like that...?

The best advice I have for sticking with it... is FORCING yourself to come on the forums at least once a day. It keeps me really focused, reminds me why I'm doing this, and ensures that when I'm thinking about going to Dairy Queen, I remember the people who are keeping tabs on my weight loss as well. Come back to 3FC with a vengeance, and you're much more likely to be able to stick to it!!!! Good luck, we're all here for you!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #4  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome back! Good luck on your kicking *** and feeling better! You sound super motivated! Not eating out is gonna be hard, don't feel to bad if you crumble because you didn't have time to make yourself a meal (I mean, you do have a lot on your plate). Just eat sensibly. Maybe take some vitamins if you aren't already. They very much help with energy. B12 is a good one.

Good luck!!!
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!

I'm also recently came back! We can put our feet down together lol
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Hey Courtney...Welcome back! My weight was up to 146 this AM...I was maintaining quite well at 140 for a while....I need to desperately do something too before I lose complete control and gain more back :S. I am not sure if its because I haven't attended Aqua aerobics lately and just stuck to my regular Zumba class or what...or the fact that i went home on my holidays etc.

I can't believe a coworker said that to you..oh mys..it's great to be honest but to be too honest. I'm probably the smallest or 2nd smallest teacher at our preschool..and a 5 yr old boy asked me today why my belly was getting big..I was liike :O! Even he notices..lol.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

You can do it! You might look into a GoWear Fit. I just got mine and it really motivates me!

Candice
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #8  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

i'm back, too. it's rough, but it's gotta be done
aml is offline   Reply With Quote