Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #1  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Default Abs

How much ab work did you all do as you were dropping? What would be an example of your ab work schedule?

Just wondering how much I should be incorporating this into my routines. I'm fairly heavy on cardio, with the 30DS, which has strength and abs, but I'm thinking just doing ab work there isn't enough.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I do 10 minutes of abs daily that's it that's all
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #3  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

The Firm had this great old vcr tape that was called 5 day abs it had a different ab routine for each day for 6 to 9 min depending on the day it said you see and feel visable results in 10 days I always think it does. I think you can still get through amazon or ebay CHEAP and I think it is being re produced in dvd now. Its not REAL easy at first and it got 80's and early 90's styles in the models but the exercise are SUPER EFFECTIVE as are ALL FIRM workout they changed my body from flab to fit!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Jillian Michaels said doing ab work to get good abs is only fruitful if you are fairly close to your ideal weight. Otherwise you can't see your abs underneath the fat. It's good to strengthen your core, and the 30DS is good enough for strength training. Remember, you can't spot reduce fat, so get more bang for your buck calorie wise to burn fat.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Just the Boat Pose in my yoga, and various Plank Poses. Got me pretty strong and hard (not that you can *see* the hard, but I can feel it).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Just the Boat Pose in my yoga, and various Plank Poses. Got me pretty strong and hard (not that you can *see* the hard, but I can feel it).
Agreed, I do more ab work because I enjoy the way it makes me feel, all pulled up and in!
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote