Weight Loss Surgery - Frankenfood

View Full Version : Frankenfood

KO
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok so I know natural is best however I got a diet food catalog. and Protidiet makes an oatmeal and a pancake mix along with some other stuff that I thought was excessive. . . who needs a mix for an omelette?
Anyway I just wanted some opinions b/c I'd really love some Kierie Friendly pancakes!
I did make flax cakes they weren't bad!!

jiffypop
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
i experimented a few weeks ago, and i WISH that i'd paid more attention to what i was doing, because i don't remember the proportions, except that i KNOW i only used one egg.

an egg
some ricotta
a sprinkling of flour
some baking powder
a little salt

great tasting pancake, but a little soft. IMO, though, it was LUXURIOUS

KO
07-22-2009, 12:09 AM
That sounds good Ricotta goes bad in my fridge (seriously don't know why I think I forget about it)
I made my flax cakes with 1 and change eggs little bit of egg mix left ovre from Dh's french toast vanilla extract 1 packet splenda cinamon and nutmeg and 1/8 cup flax
sinfully I topped it with PB
2 small cakes very filling and yummy but at some point I'd like something I just had to add water too and not use the pantry of secrets!!

jiffypop
07-22-2009, 04:20 PM
soy flour???? make the mix using soy flour instead of regular flour, and you might just get away with it. of course, i've never baked with the stuff ....