Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Went to vacation, came back needing a kick in the butt

We went down to Georgia last week to see my grandparents at their cabin. It was really fun and I was so proud of myself because I had taken my work out dvd and weights down there with every intention of working out. The first full day there we went swimming. I used sunblock on my face, shoulders...and forgot my back. I burnt it so bad I spent the rest of the week trying to find which outfits I could wear that wouldn't have direct contact with the burn. Bras were the most horrible part of clothing. Needless to say I did NOT do the workout video (30 day Shred). I did do a pretty good amount of walking.
Well, now I'm home, the sunburn no longer hurts, just itches...and itches and itches so I could put my sportsbra back on, lie on the floor to do crunches and workout without the any additional uncomfortableness. The problem is I've lost my "groove."
Before the vacation I got up did the Shred and made sure I got at least one walk in. I was working on calorie counting and getting my intake below 1800. Now I'm lucky to get one walk in and forget tracking calories. I feel like I'm back to square one. No, worse, that I haven't even hit square one yet. I just need a good ol' fashioned kick in the a$$ and I guess I'll need to be the one to do it.
I just needed to put this out here
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Don't be hard on yourself. Dust yourself off and get back on that horse. You haven't ruined your life by not staying on track. You can do this, we have faith in you...have some in yourself as well
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I'll kick you if you kick me.

I got back from my holiday and a week later, when the flying water weight dropped off, I was 5lbs lighter than when I went away. What have I done since? Eaten just over the top edge of my calorie budget, exercised only as far as moving from chair to sofa and back again, had a binge weekend, gained the 5lbs back.

Kick kick we don't need to do this!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I understand the pain... I forgot to put sunscreen on my knees, when I was sitting in a chair at the beach. It hurt to flex my knees for the next few days. And I'm still slathering them with cocoa butter to combat the itching as they heal.

As to the lack of exercise and all... NGAMO "No Guilt And Move On." Analyze what went wrong. Figure out a plan for next time something like that happens. Start exercising again, ignoring the fact that you're out of "the groove", and before you know it, you'll be back in it.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #5  

Hello all! I'm issuing kicks in the arses for anyone who needs one. Form a single line please!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-21-2009 at 01:43 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #6  

Tara: Sorry for your sunburn. Glad it's starting to feel better.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I know how you feel. I went to Jamaica for 3 weeks in January, ate whatever I wanted, came back to Canada and COULD NOT GET BACK INTO IT FOR..... 5 MONTHS... YES THAT'S RIGHT....*5* MONTHS AFTER!! I don't know what my problem was, but I'm glad to say I'm finally back on track. My advice to you is to get back into it ASAP! Learn from my silly mistake. I get so angry with myself now, because I wasted 5 months, but I guess there really isn't anything I can do about it now. Good luck. Be strong.

Last edited by luvja; 07-21-2009 at 02:00 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #8  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

TaraLee, the only thing you can do to get back in the groove is get back in the groove. Plan the heck out of tomorrow --- what you are going to eat, what time you will get up to do your shred vid, everything. And tomorrow, you roll out of bed like you are a hard-core Marine and you hit that plan like it was the last mortal on Earth and you were a starving vampire!

And the only butt kicking that needs to be done around here is kicking the butt of all these clingy, useless pounds of fat! Let's kick their behinds so hard they have ears on their hips as they hit the street outside our house!

So:

AH -TENNNNNNNN-SHUN! MAR-EEEENES ASSUME THE POSITION! KICK THE BUTT OF THE FAT POUND NEAREST YOU!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote