Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #81

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #2  

I figured that I would go ahead and start a new thread while I was on here....I have to head over to the laundry room to switch the loads here in a second. This place is getting rediculous! but that is another story!

we have 14 washers and 14 dryers in the laundry room.....well, I was able to get three dryers yesterday but I needed 5 to dry every thing. Well, there are 4 dryers that are broke and they haven't/won't fix them. So, I told the office manager that I am going to go into the office and ask the higher up what is going to be done about it, since they haven't done a darn thing about it yet! well, she caught me on the way over to the laundry room and told me not to say anything because it won't do any good. I am sorry, BUT when we got back from going out last night.....our clothes were pulled out of the dryer and put into a basket. granted they were dry, but what if they weren't? other tennants don't have a right to touch some one elses clothes like that! I wasn't going to say anything, but I haven't stirred up anything around here since our friend left last week.....so I think I should go and do my part!

we will hopefully be out of this place here soon anyways!

Kathy~ Thanks for the good luck! Tommy called the number last night and the lady is in Florida until August 1st, and then she is going to call us and we can go look at it. It is in a good area, we would just have to check and see what school district that is. we really want to stay in the same school district that we are in now......so if that is out of the district then we will more than likely continue to look. This place is just getting completely rediculous around here lately! The house is actually maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most away from where we are now.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  

well, I am enjoying my yummy macaroni and cheese! our friend made us lo mein for dinner, which I ate, but I was absolutely starving and wanted macaroni and cheese! we went and showed her the houses that we think are the one for rent. but we stumbled across another option for us that is right around the corner, literally, from the one that we are going to look at around the 1st! this one is for sale, but Tommy asked if she would be open to rent it. It has a HUGE yard and such....it has three bedrooms, but they look like they would be small form the outside.

then we went out and walked on the boardwalk for a little bit, then we came home!

I did however get another call from Dustin, who is the higher up than Jeff! Another friend of ours typed up a letter and had some of the tenants sign it if we agreed with it. (it was just like my letter, but this one was more generalized than mine) so, he called me to see what I had to say about it......and needless to say things will be done a lot quicker and there will be a lot of flack when the bank goes into the meeting with them in the morning!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Hi all..quickee for me--I have a minute while a report is printing.

My mom's surgery in Baltimore is tomorrow--I will spend the night at her house tonight and my brother, mom and I will drive down in the morning. It's a 6 hour surgery to remove the remaining tumors--my Dad has now also been diagnosed with cancer--he has a gold ball size tumor in his lung. He has a consultation in Baltimore on Friday morning. Since Bob and I are spending the night Thursday, Dad will pick me up at Mom's hospital and we will drive the 4.6 miles to his cosultation and I will find out when his surgery will be.

i am so stressed today!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Just a quickie for me here to say hello to everyone.

Jules my dear friend. I am thinking of you, and your family. I am praying for both your parents and you. I am glad that your brother will be with you.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #6  

just thought I would stop by quickly.......

Jules~ I will be thinking about you and your family over the next couple of days.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jules..Add my voice to those praying for you and your family. Take care of YOU during this trying time.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Jules -- A BIG BIG for you!!!!!!! Will keep you in and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #9  

just figured I would stop in to see how every one is doing.....

I have to run to the dumpster here in a second, and then get the dishes into the dishwasher when I get back. I also think I hear the boys up already......so I will get them up in a second.

ETA: I forgot to put in here that we have been in contact with a realtor about some foreclosures in the area. we have found a couple that we really liked....so hopefully we can go that route!!!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 07-23-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Three things...one...HI to everyone, two...lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family Jules, thinking of you all today! And three...Kathy, sorry I forgot to get the dvd's sent yesterday. I did get them in the mail today though, and she said 5-10 days.

Take care all
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #11  
RosieKate

(((jules)))) hope surgery went well..both your parents are in my prayers.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #12  

just thought I would pop in before heading off to bed.......

jules~ I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Update...Moms' surgery seems to have gone well--LOTS of staples..she goes back to Dr Califono a wek from next Tuesday to have all the staples and the two remaining drain tubes removed. The doctor was very optimistic but can't guarantee the cancer won't return. If it does there is really nothing much left to do. Here's hoping that he took care of it all.

Dad will have the upper lobe of his left lung completely removed. He will be i a Baltimore Hospital for 4 days. SO it will be another Thursday surgery trip for me.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jules- Glad your mom is doing okay. I am sure your dad's surgery will go well too. I am thinking about you...

Mindee- Hope your house hunt goes well. Sounds like you really need to be out of that apt. complex.

Sassy- Hello and hope you and DH are well. Don't know if I said...but really liked the new car pic. Are you still enjoying the house?

Cristina- You do so well keeping up with the exercise. I see the shower is the 8th...will be here before you know it. Remind me, do they know the sex?? And the baby is due when?

Susan- Put me on the list of people coming to look for you if you don't check in. I hope everything is going well.

Kathy-I can't imagine having more than one farm on FT. It is so time consuming. I enjoy all Facebook has to offer as far as games. I do not have a FB for my online friends. Just a family site where we exchange pics. and such. (and join games) sometimes the only way I can talk to my kids and grands...they respond to me there. LOL..

Katy- I know you are having a busy summer. Hope all is well and that the garden is going great guns for you.

Francie..where have you been?? And everyone else I have overlooked...Check in with BIK please.

I am doing a little better than the past few weeks. Just lots going on and stresses galore. I had to snap myself out of my funk. Our trip is next Wed. and I refuse to go to LV while down in the dumps.
Yesterday my friend called to tell me they cut down a tree in their yard and she was moving her whole landscaping that was under and around the tree. I went over and came back with 5 bags of plant starts. Got those in the ground right before it started raining. They should have a good start as it rained off and on all night and morning. Got groundcover, two types with no names of either. Got chameleon plant and miniature hollyhock. Also Christmas lights plants. Now if it will all grow for me. Don't know if I mentioned earlier this month...the 55 bulbs I had planted have yielded 49 plants...so I consider that a success.

Food wise I am doing well and have started BACK on the bicycle. Rode 3 miles yesterday and have plans to do that until Wed. when we leave. Weigh-in has bounced from 171 to 173 and back...so not into the 160's yet...but I am still confident I can get there if I keep riding. DH keeps telling me I am not eating enough..but I feel like I am, so don't know why the pounds won't shift. Oh well....

Grandson joined the National Guard last week..well he signed up, but has to pass the physical Tues. before he is actually sworn in. I hope it is good for him. He quit school 3 credits shy of graduating, so they will help him finish that (or GED..I can't remember) He is the one became a daddy in May and after losing his job he got discouraged. I am excited and stressed about his choice..we will see.

Mom is better than she has been in a long time. She had a wonderful trip to spend time with her 4 sisters. Have great pics of all 5 of them. (from 74 to 88 years young..)

Okay..gotta go finish some kitchen work. I will try to keep in touch until Wed....then gone for a week.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...completely forgot you guys are headed to Vegas. Maybe that's why I had Vegas on the brain lately though, lol. Yeah, have two weeks from today for the baby shower...I am really excited too! The baby is a girl...so far the name they have is Lillian to be called Lily. Middle name they were thinking Paige but going back and forth with it so who knows. Charlotte is having a sonigram Tues and I am going...we will see for sure, hopefully, if it is a girl. I told her I keep thinking it's a boy and that has her worried. But getting closer...baby is due Sept 23. Will seem weird to have a Sept baby...so many Jan, Feb, April, Oct, and Nov with one in May, June & July anyway...glad to hear your mom is doing well. Sounds like you scored with the plants and yes 49 out of 55 is GREAT! Not one of mine bloomed this year which is weird. Oh well, try and enjoy Vegas.

JULES...glad your mom's surgery went well. Continued hugs and prayers for you all.

I better get going. Josh and the fam are coming over for a BBQ later...wouldn't ya know of all the days it decided to rain today. Well, it was earlier. But it is really cloudy so who knows what it will do by 5'ish. V is putting the grill on the deck though so we may not be able to spend time in the yard but we can still be out on the deck and/or at least grill out there. Anyway...better get going have lots of stuff to do before they get here.

Hoping everyone is doing fine. Take care and lots of hugs
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote