LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends July 20th- 28th

Repo girl
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Morning everyone! :carrot:

Repo girl
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I am starting this morning to cut out all carbs for a week. I am still gaining a little each month, no matter what I try, so I am going to narrow it down, little by little. If I lose this week and do better, then I will stick to limiting carbs. If not, then next week I am going to forego dairy for a week. I can see that this week will be spent eating a lot of veggies, eggs, and cheese. For breakfast I sauteed some chard from my garden with a clove of garlic, then scrambled in 2 eggs, and topped it with a slice of cheese. So good!

Lets have a good week everyone!

sweetandspicy
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Good Morning to Katie and Hello to everyone. I just could not wait to share my good news with you all. As everyone of you will appreciate it as much as I do and I wanted to share it with you as you all have been my support system and inspiration for the past 20 weeks. On Saturday at 11:35 a.m. I stepped on the scale and it read 199.0, no ounces, no waivering, nothing a solid 199.0. I could hardly conatin myself. So as a reward I bought the 30 day shred DVD and I have done that for the past 2 days. I know I just lost 2 pounds, and I know I am not a size smaller, but to me it is a major milestone that at this time last year I did not think I could reach. So thank you to you all...

Jillian- I am so glad you like the Dailyplate too. I have enjoyed loggin my caloric intake and It has helped me so much to continue to loose. I got the 30 day shred on Saturday and I did level one SAt and Sunday. I am very sore today but in a good way and just so you know Jillian is much more tame than on the biggest looser. I have used one of the biggest looser DVDs and she is way more over the top on it. Now whether I can do the 30day shred for 30 days will be a challenge for sure.

BarbaraB- the 30 day shred is a very intense work out and Amy is right it makes you realize what they do but the biggest loosers though. If you have done some exercise regualry it will still be hard. They have an advanced person to watch and a beginner to watch, I of course did the beginner and altered push ups, but I feel it today it hurts to potty, which I have tried to increase my water today so it has been a struggle.

JLem311
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
hello all.
today is DD's 6th birthday. :) we're having her birthday party on saturday, but going to have a little celebration for her tonight.

i did my first day of the 30 day shred dvd. it was a good workout. i'm debating weather to do it everday for 30 days or do it every other day and on the off days i'd do my elliptical and arm/ab workout. not sure, i'll decide tomorrow morning, i guess.

there's alot going on in my life, but nothing i feel like sharing at the moment. i took a huge step for myself on friday and although it was scary, i did it anyways. i had my DH there with me, so it made it a bit more bearable. thanks for everyone who's been thinking/praying about me. keep it coming. :)

ok, baby X is crabbing..so i gotta get a bottle for her.

Mama Nicole
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats on making it to ONDERLAND, Amy M.
Your hard work is really paying off. What a terrific reward you gave yourself. You are a true inspiration. Keep working hard, we are all so very proud of you :)
XOXO

Kristinx
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone! I am still lurking around..just weight loss has not been my focus...but it is today! I have to get that scale moving! At the very least I would like to be in onederland by the time I get hitched. I've worn a size 12 at 200 lbs so hopefully that will still hold true if I haven't lost too much of my ol' muscle mass.

P.S. Will do an official weigh in this week sometime and own up to my ticker :)

Repo girl
07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Yay Amy!!!! You rock!

jewljz
07-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Way to go Amy! That's awesome :)

Wanted to give an update on my cleanse... thank goodness it cleansed and improved liver function because I'm not sure my liver would have made it through this last weekend without it! It was our first weekend kid-free and we overdid it just a tad... Thursday, Friday, Saturday... and Sunday we were dead to the world! I'm too old for this kind of partying...

Repo girl
07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Haha, Julie, that is hilarious!

JLem311
07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
congrats amym on getting below 200! i remember that feeling and it was freakin' AWESOME! it made me even more motivated than ever! keep it up girl!

Repo girl
07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey Mary, are you still hanging in there?

Not eating carbs today is KILLING me. I can do this, though. It is not that hard, right? Right!

Mama Nicole
07-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh, Katie.......cutting out carbs is really hard the first couple of days, but it is sooo wonderful once you get past it. I loved it when I was low carbing it. I never got super hungry, and I just ate to get energy......not for the love of food. I hope you made it through the rest of the day, and if you didn't.....tomorrow is a new day. Maybe I should try that......hmmmm.......
XOXO

Repo girl
07-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks girl. I made it! Tomorrow should be easier, I hope. I am discovering that when you don't eat meat or carbs, you are pretty limited. Good thing I LOVE veggies, especially this time of year.

JLem311
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
morning all. i got up, fed baby X, had my espresso and soymilk and south beach bar and then did day 2 of the 30 day shred dvd. can you say, super sweaty? ick! luckily baby X was still napping, so i could pop in the shower!

can i just tell you all how much i appreciate the "family" we've created here. i feel more comfortable sharing things with you than my own family..as sad as that is, it's true.

sweetandspicy
07-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you all so much for your support. I honestly do not think I could have made it this far with my weightloss journey without you all. It is wonderful to be able to read post and know that people are going though the exact same things I am. I hope to be able to continue to loose and to continue a healthier lifestyle.

Carbs are hard for me to limit too. It seems like everything I love is bread/potato ect. I still eat some carbs but I try to eat them earlier in the day and limit them to small serving sizes.

Katie- I have actually had more success limiting or almost elminating dairy from my eating. I am slightly lactose intolerant and have always limited dairy but I read an article and how many people have issues with dairy and how your body can react to something it is allergic too. I always thought I might have IBS but I realize now it was dairy consumption that was irritating my stomach for the past 30 years.

Jillian- I did day 3 of the shred last night. I am still sore. I am walking funny and I thought sitting on the potty this morning might kill me, but I am going to try to do it for 30 days and see if I am still standing after that. Also good luck with your other problems.

Nicole- thank you for your kind words, you are always so supportive to everyone. I think limiting carbs is a great idea. Keep in mind Pears and Banannas are high in carbs so limit them as well. My husband has decided to loose some weight too and I have just been limiting his portions not limiting what he is eating. He has lost almost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. He like most, did not realize how much he was actually consuming. Also how is your daughter doing?

chiquita623
07-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats Amy M. on reaching "Onederland". I remember when I got there - it felt great. You've worked really hard to get there. We are all so proud of you!!

Not much new with me. Went out for dinner and pedis last night with a friend. It was just a nice, relaxing evening. Going out with a bunch of gals I went to grade and high school with tomorrow night. I'll try to behave but I'm not promising anything!!

I have the 30DS at home. I used it last winter and will probably do so again this winter. It really kicks butt!! Right now I'm mostly into walking and riding my bicycle. I try to do things outside when I can and inside when I have no other option.

Phones are ringing here at work. I'll be back later. Have a great Tuesday!!

Repo girl
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Morning all! I just finished an omlette with tomatoes and basil from my garden. It was so good! Today I am not craving carbs so much, but my blood sugar is working on stabilizing, so I feel kind of "off".

Amy M- Potatoes are my nemesis. I love them! Plus, I live in the heart of Idaho Potato country. It is not uncommon to serve potatoes at least twice a day here. Pasta is no big deal for me, we don't eat it that much anyway. I am working on a crepe recipe that is very low carb. I am thinking I could use them in place of tortillas, plus as wraps for sandwiches, etc.

Jillian- Good job on the Shred. Just the name makes me wince!

Mama Nicole
07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Katie.........I did not realize you are not eating meat. Are you going out of your mind, or it life easier because there are fewer choices? I honestly don't know if I could limit myself that much, but it does make eating much less of a pleasure, and more of a necessity. I do think I had a low carb cheesecake recipe........want me to look for it?
XOXO

JLem311
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
that's one of my reasons for not eating meat. less choices...especially when going out for meals. i can't really go to many fast food places because there aren't many meatless options...and i love that. it helps me stay away! :)

Kristinx
07-21-2009, 02:23 PM
I've just been informed cake will be served right outside my office door this afternoon! I am sooo sick of these birthdays. Do we need a cake for EVERY birthday? It's a big office....then one manager has cards for her people and gets the whole office to sign...stupid if you ask me....the cards landed on my desk 3 times before I finally signed em so I wouldn't have to see them....I know it's a nice thing to do for people and being the HR Manager I should encourage it but I am sooo sick of it! Personally I'd rather have the 20 bucks than share a cake with the office haha....I am cranky today....can you tell?

aguerin
07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello all! Remember me?????

I have been lurking here on and off over the past few months, but since I am re-starting LAWL I am going to get re-involved in the community. I just hated to keep posting previously with the weekly "I'm starting over thread" that I had gotten into. LOL

Anyway, I re-started with a serious effort on Saturday, July 11th and am following the rules. Now I just have to wait for the scale to cooperate on the level that I want it too.

Its good to see everyone again, although I have been peeping in occasionally to check on everyone.

I will have to update my ticker as the current one is so out of whack.

Repo girl
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi Dixie Amy, good to see you back. Did you get your cabin done?

Nicole- Yes, I have gone vegetarian. I have done it twice before and did not stick with it, but have decided that this is it. I have not eaten meat for 23 days now. I am doing fine with it, for the most part. The reasons that I did it were because of animal cruelty concerns, hormones in meat, and spiritual reasons. You know what business I own, right? Well, turns out I am a much more connected healer and psychic when I am not eating meat. In fact, my work is much easier without meat in my diet. I went off of carbs for a while because I have still been gaining a little each month, and I suspect that carbs are the culprit.

Mama Nicole
07-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I've just been informed cake will be served right outside my office door this afternoon! I am sooo sick of these birthdays. Do we need a cake for EVERY birthday? It's a big office....then one manager has cards for her people and gets the whole office to sign...stupid if you ask me....the cards landed on my desk 3 times before I finally signed em so I wouldn't have to see them....I know it's a nice thing to do for people and being the HR Manager I should encourage it but I am sooo sick of it! Personally I'd rather have the 20 bucks than share a cake with the office haha....I am cranky today....can you tell?
Oh Kristen, Kristen, Kristen............I am trying so hard not to laugh at you right now. Your attitude towards birthdays is most likely due to your new tobacco free lifestyle........Seriously. The change in habits can really kick your a$$ in different ways......and one of the most common problems is low tolerance. I feel the same way today, but my issue is lack of sleep, as I decided I could stay up until 2:30 a.m. with my daughters watching movies. My DH informs me that I was a royal pain in the butt the first copule of months I quit smoking........that I leaned towards rude, and that I had NO problem speaking my mind to anyone and everyone tha twould tolerate me. Hang in there girlie.......you may begin to tolerate office birthdays again one day......it does get better.
XOXO

Kristinx
07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh I know...sooo true! Everyone is bugging me much more lately! I try to remember to tell DF how much I love him more often to help even it all out :P

And you can laugh at me lol At least now I am recognizing when I am being irritable and getting mad over stupid stuff and usually end up laughing at myself...makes me realize too how evil all those chemicals in my body were if they can wreak that much havoc!

Really craving pizza for supper tonight...making tuna though....

jewljz
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Kristin - I hate office parties too and have never been a smoker...

I don't know why, but recently the word gluttony keeps popping into my head. Its almost like I feel guilty of this... today I did a search on the internet and came across some crazy strange posts about how our bodies are our temple and that by feeding it foods that it cannot digest properly and efficiently is disrespecting ourselves... some of it made sense but there were some other sites where people confess about their eating habits and others can comment on it (funny). Anyway, in my search I came across the following article which was actually level headed and interesting: ttp://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/tips/strategy/stop-sabotaging-workouts/?page=1

enjoy :) Maybe I'll go to confession... I don't know what's come over me with this...

BarbaraB
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Kristin, they were baking bread outside of my office today, so I can relate. It is not just that they have this food, it is that they act like you are so antisocial and not a good person if you don't eat the cake or bread or team muffins.. whatever... team food.... and if you are team player you eat the team food.

We took a 3 day weekend and went camping and hiking and mountain biking.. really super active weekend. and of course I came home and got on the scale and weighed 3 pounds more than on Friday morning... which considering I added up all the exercise and it was over 4000 calories burnt off, was hard to take.. especially since DH who was dragging significantly less poundage up all those hills, is down a couple of pounds after the effort. OH well, I'm hoping it is just water weight. I think I may go to Costco and buy lemons for lots and lots of hot lemon water...

lizababe
07-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Hiya guy and gals!

Sorry I haven't been around much since "coming back." Things are still a little hectic for me with the job transfer, picking up more than one job with it and the new city. Mini Me left for 3 weeks to visit her Dad too.

Katie, I'm glad you're hanging in there with the switch. It has been a lot easier for me than I thought it would be. Then again, I was ready to do this over a year ago and just needed to get the Mini Me on board. Unfortunately, there is no lack of choices for me. For one, I love salads and have always eaten them. Two, "meatless meats" have gotten much better since I was veggie as a teen and I just have to try them all. And, I LOVE to cook and was honestly bored with cooking with meat so now I'm coming up with new tofu recipes. I made tofu beef-like strips on skewers for a neighborhood bbq last night and they were a hit. Used extra firm tofu and mixed in a little liquid smoke with mesquite sauce and then shaped them on strips and put them on skewers and then in the freezer overnight before grilling. People were actually in disbelief that they weren't the real thing!

I'm doing my best to let go of stress tonight. Had a mishap at work yesterday that carried over to today. I knew it was going to and this morning I had a meltdown before I even left for work. I ended up going ballistic on my poor dog because he refused to pee in our little back patio and was holding it for a walk which would make me late to work. I screamed at him and threw a tantrum while knocking down the curtains and a plant out of the window. I felt so bad the whole day and even called home to the answering machine knowing he could hear my voice and telling him he's a good boy and I love him and would give him an extra long run tonight.

In fact... gonna go do that run right now before it gets too late.

Hope everyone else is having a great week and not have meltdowns like me!

Mama Nicole
07-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Kristin - I hate office parties too and have never been a smoker...

:rofl:

aguerin
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Happy Wednesday. Yea, the coffee has kicked in.

Well I have some input to your office party stuff. I think I may have you beat.

Since re-starting almost 2 weeks ago, one of the guys in the office has made it his mission to sabatoge my efforts (all in good fun, -for now). First, I came to my office and had a home made Chocolate Chip cookie on my desk. Then the next morning, I had a chocolate covered donut taped to my door knob. That was pretty funny. Then the kicker, Monday morning I came in and had 2donuts crammed on my door knob. I have the handle type, so he just looped the holes on the handle. I laughed at the first two, the last one kinda made me mad. I made him clean up the mess and since then no-incidents. I am proud of myself for not giving in to the temptation, but I did say I was going to do this again, and I am. :o)

Based on other posts, I am going back to the Gold Plan. I was actually doing the Numbered Plan when I left. After reading others posts, and looking at the food allotment, it is easy to see that the Colored Plans work better. Less Food = Less Calories = Faster Weight Loss. Lets see how hard it will be to transition to Gold.

Nichole: How's the grand baby?

Katie: Interesting info on the meat hinderance to your connections. I would have never thought of that. We have moved in our cabin and it is awesome. But we are not finished. The $$$ ran out so we will have to do some finishing touches as we go.

sweetandspicy
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

Kristin- I can sympathized it seems we have an office party/donuts almost everyday. I just ignore them and be anti-social. I honestly feel that too many people use food as a reward and I really would love to break that habit not only for myself but for my family and co-workers too.

BarabaB- I would be frustrated too. But it sounds like you worked hard and I am sure it is water weight I would wait until Friday to weigh again and I am sure you will see results then.

Amy- I did the number plan and did not do so well and I am doing the rapid results now and honestly the results have been rapid. When I started LA the only option was the numbered so I never did a colored plan. But you might want to give the rapid results a try. It seems to be an updated version of the colored plans incorporating superfoods.

Liza- Hope things get better soon

Julie- it might work---worth a try

aguerin
07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Amy M. I am going to look at the Rapid Results information that someone has started a thread on. Right now she has not had a chance to post all the information. If you have something you would like to share, please send me a PM. Thanks!

JLem311
07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
morning all. i'm done with day 3 of the 30 day shred. damn, my legs hurt. but i pushed through it and am happy that i did. i'm going to do it for the whole 30 days. i am. i am. i'm doing it to see what the results will be. my littlest bro is getting married in a month from today, and i have to walk DD and DS down the aisle (they are the flower girl and ring bearer) so i'd like to look as good as i can with just having had a baby 4 months prior.

anyways..that's about it for me right now. i still have a bunch of stuff to get done before DD's bday party on sunday, but i think i'll start on friday.
hope everyone is having a good week, i'm trying to...key word--"trying"..

dixieamy--good to "see" you back!

and liza--you too!

Repo girl
07-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Morning everyone! I made it through my second day of no carbs yesterday, now starting day 3. I am proud of myself to have made it this far, and fully plan on keeping it up!

Liza- Ah, sorry you work is making you that upset. Damn jobs!

Dixie Amy- How great that you have been able to move into the cabin!

Jillian- Great job on the shred. It is easy to see that you are doing better this week!

Barb- Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the weekend. I agree, it must just be water.

Julie- I can relate to not wanting to put things into your body that your body can't use. I have really become a purist that way. I even threw our microwave away because they mutate food, and I read a few articles that said that microwaved food is harded for the body to use. My DH came home from work one day and said, "Where is the microwave?" I said, "Oh, I threw it away. Turns out it is bad for us." He just shook his head, poor guy.

I have been eating carrots and radishes out of the garden when I get to craving carbs or food in general. It is working well!

JLem311
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
katie, i totally admire you! you are awesome...in EVERY single way possible!

sweetandspicy
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
DixieAmy- I will read the thread and see what I can add. It really is more about eating 4 specific meal combinations throughout the day. Each meal combo is a certain amount of calories. Also with the stress of super foods it seems (at least the counselor at my center stated) that for the past 8 weeks weightloss has really increased with her clients. now my mom is doing LA and she does not like the Rapid Results, she still prefers the colored plans. So as always it is each their own.

Jillian- I finished Day four of the shred last night and guess what I am not sore today. Last night when I was doing the side lunges, weight to eye level thing My arms felt so sore, but today I feel good, so I hope that is a good sign. I am going to try to do it for 30 days straight too.

Katie- great job on day 3 of no carbs. It should just get easier from now on!!!

Dairy Fairy
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Amy- Don't feel bad for giving in to temptation a while back- you have gotten back on your diet without gaining all your weight back. That's an accomplishment! I keep telling myself if I ever got to goal I will weigh EVERY DAY to keep myself in check mentally. I had gotten to goal as a teen and just quit weighing because I figured I was skinny now and that's that. I gained my last LAWL weight back after getting pregnant, but I'm working on losing it again.

Katie- No meat, no carbs. Remind me...what can you eat? ;)Good thing you have a garden!

I am doing really really well this time! I have not gone off plan except one time...I had a headache and was hungry ALL day. I had eaten everything on plan and I told my husband if dinner didn't satisfy me I was going to eat 1 luna. I did (I'm not doing bars...just bought them on clearance for takeoff) and things seemed to get better. I'm not ashamed nor do I really consider that a "cheat". I could think of a lot worse ways to spend 180 calories. Last time I checked I had lost 5.5 lbs, hubby has probably lost 8-10. It's hard for me to remember to weigh in the morning because I usually hit the ground running trying to catch up to whatever kid woke up first.

Anyway, I just had frozen cherries in 1/2 cup milk with some stevia in it...I forgot how good simple things tasted on plan! I have gotten my hubby addicted to all-fruit smoothies...the man who used to only eat apples.

Just wanted to tell everyone if you are thinking of trying any of the recipes, I have browsed through and cooked some. It is really helping my husband stick to plan without getting bored (me, too). The Baked Ziti, Sunday Chicken Casserole, and Cheddar Portobello Skillet are GREAT. I will be making those again. I tried the Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole thinking it would be something my hubby liked and we didn't. It was just to heavy and junky feeling.

Everyone, have a great day on plan!

Kristinx
07-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I just got my DF hooked on fruit too! We've been spending too much money on it cause we are busy and buy the pre-made fruit trays at the grocery store but hey if it gets us eating it then it is worth it! DF never eats breakfast or takes lunch so he starves all day or gets fast food for lunch then eats a lot at night. So the last 3 days we each have a bowl of fruit for breakfast (cantaloupe, melon, strawberries, blueberries). We heard that eating fruit on an empty stomach is the best time to eat it as it is more easily digested and you absorb the most nutrients from it.
Anyway, I have to say I am really enjoying it. Even this morning when I was running late I was at least able to throw a bunch in a tupperware container and have it on my way to work. And I send DF with that and a Fiber 1 bar :)

I bought some frozen fruit too though to make smoothies....mix it with some ice and yogurt...seems like a great summertime treat!

JerseyMadchen
07-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to check in and say hello! I just got back to VA from being in Jersey for about a week! It is soooooo good to be home!

After I got home, my DH took me to the grocery store to get stuf to make dinner. Well, he instead pulled into this amazing restaurant. It was such a surprise and a treat!!

I realized with all this food/diet obsessing I have been doing, I stopped cooking. I LOVE to cook and bake. I am starting up again. I am trying to work on loving myself the way I am now.... I have NO self esteem or confidence!

Well, I'll do personals later. Laundry and unpacking are calling my name!

JLem311
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM
glad you're back in VA, amy! :) how's the exercising going?

JerseyMadchen
07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh, it was nonexistent this past week! I will be back "shredding" tomorrow!

JLem311
07-22-2009, 10:44 PM
good! tomorrow will be day 4 for me..i'm actually gonna keep it going for 30 days straight, i think. :) i usually don't workout on the weekends, but i'm gonna try like heck to fit it in!

Mama Nicole
07-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey DixieAmy..........good to have you back. I have been kind of dingy lately, sorry it took me a day or two to give you a shout out. My grandbaby, you ask? Well, she is perfect in every way, and here is proof :)
http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/43800/2486199450099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2486199450099958805TfZwve)

Congrats to all of you who have been working out so hard........WTG!!!!!

So I went to visit my girlfriend in the hospital today. She is on her second round of IL-2 for stage IV Metastatic Melonoma. She received 13 doses two weeks agom had one week off, and now is back in the hospital for the week to receive 14 more doses......hopefully. I got to mark off number 7 of this round tonight on her dry erase board. If they can get 8 in before kidney failure, they consider the treatment a success. It has been really really hard on her, and she has endured horrific side effects over the last few weeks. She is only 37, and has two little ones. My heart is breaking for her and her family. We have been friends since jr. highschool. But I'll tell you what.....she is like a rock. No matter how scary or out of control things have gotten....she just keeps pusing on. I am truly amazed. Anyway.....my 14 yo DD made her some tissue paper flowers today, and I made her a soft blanket to help comfort her when she gets the chills. I brought them up to the hospital late this afternoon. They wouldn't let her have the flowers so I will bring them to her at home next week....but she loved the blanket. I washed it with downy, and when the food service lady came in, she said, "Gurl......it smells all downy fresh up in here." It freshened up her whold room. That made me feel really good. I hope it makes her feel good too. It is such a helpless feeling when someone you love is suffering so, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Anyway, I took some pictures to show my mom......and I thought I would share them with you all :) I seriously don't know what I would do without all of you. Since I moved to St. Louis, my huge friend base has really taken a nose dive. Without 3Fc and all of you.....I would be one lonely girl. And yeah, my friend who is sick is one of my only friends here in St. Louis. Ok, enough crying and carrying on....here are the pics ;)
http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/45756/2511592240099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2511592240099958805zWYJxC)http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/43063/2905571340099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2905571340099958805VoBJPU)

Ok, it is soo bed time for this girl. C-ya tomorrow :)
XOXO

Repo girl
07-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Jillian- Thanks, that is a really nice thing to say.

Mary- Good job for sticking with it! I am eating a lot of veggies, that is for sure. Also, some cheese, eggs, and beans.

Nicole- You shouldn't feel helpless. You are doing for her what a lot of other 'friends' won't. A lot of people will stay away because they are scared, weirded out, intimidated, etc. You are coming to see her, staying in close contact, and that means a lot. You are a good friend!

Day 3 of no carbs for me, and I think the sugar bug is dying. I am not having the cravings that I was, and I feel good today!

Repo girl
07-23-2009, 02:22 AM
PS- Could that Maria get any cuter?!

Kristinx
07-23-2009, 07:59 AM
soooo I updated my ticker...time to own up to the gain. Gained 3 lbs this past month. Determined to start losing again though!

aguerin
07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Good Morning All!

Nicole- Sorry to hear about your friend. We have a family friend who has lung cancer and they have told him they can only prolong it, nothing else. They gave him 6 - 24 months back in December. The treatments are killing him. I couldn't see your baby pic. :(

Good Job on the NoCarbs Katie!

How's the BD Party coming JLEM? Are you making a special cake?

I must say that I am disappointed in my WL progress. I have not moved down on the scale and I am sticking with the plan. I should be seeing some movement. I may have to do a TO.

I'm still trying to find a coffee combo that I like and can have. So far the two haven't met in the middle. I LOVE Butter Pecan Creamer, but I didn't see it in LAWL's menu planner. LOL

Repo girl
07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Creamer is an issue for me too. I have been doing a splash of milk with stevia to sweeten, it is pretty good. Personally, I love Italian Sweet Creme creamer, or Coconut Creme.

JerseyMadchen
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Morning guys!

Jillian- today is day 4 for me too! We're on schedule!!

DixieAmy- Welcome back! Honestly when it comes to the creamer, I just use regular and use 1 Tbs. I keep that as my little splurge. THis is about a lifestyle change and not a crash diet.... That's just my two cents!

Of to breakfast with DH and then back to start my busy day of shredding, cleaning, laundry and more cleaning!

JLem311
07-23-2009, 11:32 AM
morning all. i'm done with day 4 of the 30 day shred. :)
i've got alot to do to get ready for DD's party on sunday. i'm making an aquarium cake (so it looks like a 3D fish tank) should be interesting and challenging. i hope it turns out.
there's an airshow in town this weekend too. former dh and DH are taking the kids. i was gonna go with, but i think it's going to be too loud for baby X, so i'm staying behind.
anyways, that's about it for me today. lots to do and trying to get it done with a 3 month old is about impossible. ha.

Kristinx
07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Changed my ticker again to reflect a wedding goal weight..if I don't get there i am calling off the wedding! Just kidding...I'd wear a wet paper bag to marry FH..I just wanna be married already!

Anyway we are just beginning the process of hopefully finding and buying our first home. Exciting but I am sure will be stressful and busy! Hopefully we are all settled in this fall before the major wedding planning and details kick in!

sweetandspicy
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Good Thursday to you all!!!

I am on day 5 of the shred and I must say I do feel much better than I did on Day 3. I am going to try to continue to do complete the 30 days. We have been very busy this week. Football started Monday and my MIL is in the hospital with heart problems. So we have been pulled in all sort of directions lately.

Nicole- I am so sorry about your friend. Really cute baby girl too!!

Kristen- that is exciting about finding a house. It is so much fun looking.

Jillian- that sounds like an amazing cake be sure and take a picture

AMy- glad you are back sounds like you are having a great summer!!

DixieAmy- I am sure TO will help with your plateau

Dairy Fairy
07-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Amy- I have never officially followed plan, so my advice my not be great. I lost 35-40 lbs doing LAWL with my BIL's info...got to about 165 and I was happy there and ready to start trying for another child at that point so I quit losing at that point. BUT, I never had an issue losing using borden fat free half and half (may be another brand, but I think borden). It is 20 cal/2 TBSP and I don't need a lot of creamer so 2 TBSP is way too much for 1 cup. I also use stevia to sweeten my things, but I have found a brand I like that is more affordable called Only Sweet at my Kroger...hidden way on the top shelf away from the expensive Truvia. Have you considered adding a splash of walden farm calorie free syrups to your coffee to add the flavoring...or even a DROP of a cooking extract? My sister loves butter nut cooking extract in things. I think it's McCormick. I add a splash of Walden Farms strawberry syrup to strawberry smoothies to help punch up the flavor. I know there is strawberry, blueberry, pancake syrup, and chocolate.

The aquarium cake sounds awesome. Hopefully so pretty you won't want to eat it! I always eat birthday cake on birthdays, though...gotta enjoy treats sometimes.

Nicole, I'm sorry about your friend.

Ok, I got on the scale and was SHOCKED to have lost 8 lbs!!!! I went to the Y and worked out this morning and was pumped about it...2 more pounds to ONEDERLAND! My husband is doing just as well. His doing the diet has made ALL the difference. Neither of us are even tempted to cheat because we're in this together. I'm so glad, because I need the support right now. Last time I did it alone but I was so much more determined. Now I have 2 more kids to manage and I don't think I would have the strength to go it alone at least in the beginning.

Have a great day!

aguerin
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info Dairy. I will look into the cooking extract stuff. I had thought about it, but didn't know that one existed. But yes, I have tried the splenda flavorings, 2% milk, etc. and it is just not the same. The flavored syrup is o.k, but I like a lot of cream, so I am going to have to go cold turkey either on the cream or the coffee. The 2% just ain't cutting it. I currently have the splenda mocha and it tastes and smells like hot chocolate. But I don't like it.

Congrats to all who are seeing the scale move in your favor.

Jillian: We need to see that cake. Don't forget the pics.

Kristen: You need to call the show Property Virgins to help with your first house. You can be on TV! Good Luck with that.

Mama Nicole
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks girls :) I have had a very busy day. 18 yo DD and 14 yo DD left for Wisconsin a few minutes ago......and I HATE it when they travel. I will check back later.....baby Mia needs a diaper change that simply cannot wait :)
XOXO

Repo girl
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey all, I had to share my big milestone with you, I finished 100 pages of the book I am writing, printed them, and bound them for my mom and sister to read through and edit. I think that my book is a little more than halfway done. Yay!!

Mama Nicole
07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Katie..........that is sooo awesome ;) I don't know how you find time. I would love to write a book one day. What is your book about?

aguerin
07-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All!

Well I must say that I gave the Rapid Results a try yesterday and I dropped 1 lb (thanks AmyM for the info). I was stuck at the 155+ for 4 days. I am moving to a TO today. I have to do this while I have the will power to not cheat.

sweetandspicy
07-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Katie- great job on writing that is such an accomplishment. Are you still no carbs?

Amy- glad the new plan worked well for you. I like it and will probably continue with it for as long as I can.

DAiry fairy- great job on the 8 pounds!!

Nicole- Hope your kids arrived safely.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!!! I am so ready for this week to be over. I need to sleep!!! My MIL is still in the ICU she can't get her blood pressure up and her heart rate down. There is so much I think they are not telling us, she is very sick and only 48 years old. So with all that my husband is consumed I have had to take over the football obligations, which is taking the kids and helping to coach. Which is hard to do while chasing a 1 year old around. But it was fun and I would do anything not to let my kids down. When I got home last night I did day 6 of the 30d shred because I promised myself I would do it for 30 days. I think I will move up to level 2 on Sunday if I make it that far. Anyway hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!!!!

JLem311
07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
hello all. i've been up since 5am already. got up that early so i could make sure i got my workout in for the day. i didn't want to, but i've got so many other things to do today, i had to. i've got that out of the way and already ran to walmart for a few things, and now taking a break to feed baby X and then we're out the door again.

amym--i think i may do level 1 for 10days, level 2 for 10days and level 3 for 10days..with the shred. not sure yet. tomorrow will be day 6 for me. :) and even though i have tons of stuff to do for DD's party on sunday, i'm determined not to miss a day.

anyways..i'm off again! be back later.

Mama Nicole
07-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow, Amy M, that is a lot going on. I hope MIL gets better soon. So, this 30 day shred........is it managable for someone who is super d duper out of shape?

Repo girl
07-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow, you shredders are inspiring!

AmyM- So sorry about your MIL. I hope that things look up soon!

Mary- You ROCK!!!!

Nicole- Good morning!

As for carbs, I was clean until last night. We went to plant grass on my grandma's grave. It has been a year since she died already. I can't believe how fast time flies. Anyway, she is buried in a tiny town at the base of the Grand Teton Mountains. It is breathtakingly beautiful there. The tiny town, however, has only one restaurant. It was my grandma's restaurant 45 years ago, and has been bought, sold, and remodeled several times since it was Betty's cafe. Everytime we go up there my dad loves to eat there. I was faced with either eat meat or carbs, or not eating, since the menu is so tiny and limited. So, I went with the carbs. No worries, though, I am back on the wagon this morning eating my omlette as week speak.

aguerin
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Congrats to all who are successfully doing your shred video consistently. I myself am not motivated at the moment to exercise on a regular basis. Walking 1 mile a few times a week is my only activity. Which is better than nothing.

I am heading out for the weekend. I have almost got the first day of TO behind me and it has gone well so far. I am hoping for at least 2 lbs. Anything less than that is just not worth it to me.

AmyM: Hope your MIL gets better. 48 is awful young.

Good Luck over the weekend. When I have more free time, I have more time to cheat.

sweetandspicy
07-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes for my MIL, she really needs all the prayers and well wishes she can get.

Nicole- the shred is hard but really i know it is hard to believe it gets easier and you find yourself able to do all the moves. There is a beginner and an advance person to watch. I have done 6 days straight and Jillian is on day 5. I was very sore day 2 and 3 but now I am not that sore. Even at level one it is a great work out. What sold me on it is Jillian Michaels stating if you give 100% for the work out it is like hours at the gym. As you can relate I dont have hours so 20min is great for me...

Amy- hope TO brings you a 2lb loss!!!

Katie- just cutting back on carbs will make a difference. I think you made the right decision to pick carbs over meat!!

JLem311
07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
nicole--i will admit along with amy that the first few days of the shred are tough. i was really sore. now, after doing 5 straight days, not so much. and i find that i'm gaining more stamina and am able to do more of the workout without stopping alot. i'm gonna stick with it, even on the weekends. i just wanna see what my results are...kind of an exercise experiment, i suppose. i'm not expecting to be completely transformed like the biggest loser contestants or anything, but if i can get into some jeans a bit more comfortably or can complete level 3 with little difficulty, then i'll be satisfied. i'm not looking for huge drops on the scale or in my body..i'm just trying to be realistic with it.

Dairy Fairy
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Amy- sorry about your MIL... hope things improve.

Nicole, I dread having teenagers and not having all my chicks in the nest! My sister says God prepares you to let them go (aka, they get obnoxious and you're cool with them going to college).

Well yesterday I was home and started feeling SO angry. I decided to check the thermostat (I hulk out in heat). It was 86! Yup, our air is busted. I am waiting on the repair man. I spent all morning at the YMCA working out so the kids would have air conditioning in the kid zone, then we went to Wendy's for lunch (I carried my lawl baked ziti in a thermos food jar and ate a side salad there) and shopped a bit until we HAD to come home and wait for the man. It's about 87-88 right now...maybe it is like a sauna and I will lose weight. Tonight is parent' snight out at the Y and I paid for my kids to go in case the repairs take a while. I odn't want my kids in this heat/humidity...one has a moderate case of asthma. They guaranteee you do not have to sleep in heat, so I hope they make the repairs quickly...I don't even care about the cost at this point!

I know you regular exercisers do way better than this, but I was so proud that I went 1/3 mile further on the elliptical today in the same time span but with harder intensity. Woo-hoo! I really would love to become a runner some day.

Luckybustert
07-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone! It's been a couple of weeks since I've checked this thread and I thought I'd stop by and say hi :)

I still weigh the same thing I did when I last stopped by....I went down a pound and back up a pound and it's my own fault. I really should know better than to take a detour through the A&W drive thru!

This past week has been particularly challenging. Things are very stressful at work, and I didn't fix myself breakfast or pack my lunch all week. I find I do a lot better when I'm doing a good job of planning my meals and ensuring I have good food choices readily available. This is an area I will be trying to improve. Most days doing okay keeping things low carb but really missing fruit. I think I may add some of the lower carb fruits back into my diet. Certainly beats falling completely off the wagon and reaching for fast food!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! We're having several days of 100 degree weather here.....Wednesday I'm trading 102 degrees in Portland for 107 degrees in Las Vegas....not nearly as big a difference as you'd expect, eh?

Mama Nicole
07-26-2009, 12:40 AM
I just ordered the Shred........while eating M&M's...:lol:

JLem311
07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
I just ordered the Shred........while eating M&M's...:lol:

maybe you should email Jillian Michaels and tell her that! ha!