View Full Version : Weekly Chat: July 20-July 26

Tejas
07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
New Pages!!!!!!

:dizzy: :D

Tejas
07-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Good Morning:

I'm off to spinning, but I want to give you the link to the sodium content of food again. Please, do yourself a big favor and look up the salt content of food. It's listed in micrograms: mg

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR17/wtrank/sr17a307.pdf

The Mayo Clinic recommends only 1500 mg a day.

You might be surprised to learn how much salt is in the foods you like. Take a look at ham slices for example!

BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
07-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to weigh in at Jenny and to take Jim to an emergency dental visit.

beach bum
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies

So happy to be back,and be posting again. Now I really have to get serious with the Calorie counting WOE I gained 8lbs on the cruise. So I'm going to get this weight off even if I have to cut some limbs off :lol3:

I was very careful with the meals no desserts,as my DH was watching me ,but I still managed to gain 8 lbs on this trip.The only think I didn't have was enough water,I felt dehydrated as they didn't have that much water for the breakfast & lunch meals.The only time they filled up you glass over & over again was at the main meal.AS far as exercising was concerned I walked up the stairs on the ship,and we did go for walks when we at port.

Have to go,as I have to get some groceries in the house for this weeks menus.

sloanie
07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey chicks! The carpet is being installed! I am so tired and excited. We have worked until midnight for the past two nights. When they are finished we have to move furniture. Tomorrow and Wednesday I have a conference, so I get a break from remodeling. The funny thing is, I'd rather be remodeling.

Rhonda-I am going to take a look at that site. I don't have BP issues, but both of my parents do, so I'm probably doomed.

Maryann-At least some of that 8 pounds has to be fluid. I'm pretty sure that a true 8 pound gain would take more than a few days. Drink plenty of water and check out the sodium website that Rhonda recommended.

Have a great rest of the day chickies! I'll bbl

sloanie
07-20-2009, 11:00 AM
One thing that I notice from the sodium list is that anything processed is going to be high. I think that core foods look pretty low, so we just need to really watch anything that is processed in any way. I know that at my house, ketchup is one of our favorites, and it is a high sodium item. I also use some cream soups in my cooking, so I will try to buy the low sodium version. One thing we all use is baking soda; check out the sodium content in it! Thanks Rhonda for getting us that site.

TechAlum
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello All,

Well things are improving. I think DH will get to come home tomorrow. He finally passed something last night so now he can have solid foods today and then they'll probably let him go tomorrow. Not counting the surgery day that's 4.5 days in which is what the dr. said, guess he knows what he's talking about. So except for the resident who thought yanking a gauze piece that was stuck in a wound out so that it bled profusely things have gone pretty well this time :crossed: (they don't have a knock on wood symbol).

Rhonda - thanks for the link I need to start watching my intake better basically up to now I've been just staying away from processed food most of the time (this week doesn't count). Oh and not that it matters but I'm pretty sure mg is milligram not microgram.

Maryanne - Welcome back glad you had a good time. Ditto on what Sloan said about the water retention. Restaurants use a lot of sodium in stuff they cook so eating out for a week can make anyone retain a lot of fluid. Just get back on track...

Sloan - You will be so happy and enjoy the house when this is all done. I've been taking time for myself don't worry. I think my MIL wonders why I don't spend more time @ the hospital, but I figure he needs rest and I'll get all the together time (ie waiting on him time) when he gets home.

Sandra - sounds like you're really enjoying those porches. Sorry can't help you with the yard, need to work on mine.

Vicki - hope you got some sleep last night and that Jim's ok.

Paula - after working hard you need a relaxing day.

Well I should get moving. I've gotta do my arm stretches (haven't been doing them and it's getting stiff I don't want to have to go back to PT or surgery), then lunch and walk the dog before heading out to the hospital.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Vickie
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey chicks. I'll be back later. It's not his teeth. Now on to the ENT tomorrow. I'm always scared when the stuff is inside his mouth because of the tongue cancer a couple of years ago. At least it's on the other side this time. Prayers are being sent up.

Tejas
07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
ah, yes, Donna, "milligrams"...I must have been making up words in my sleep!

Sloan, agreed, most Core things aren't processed, but then there's cheese, canned beans/peas, etc. I always rinse those but now wonder how much good that actually does in terms of removing salt. And then, there is the human propensity to add salt to food.

Donna, good news about DH...

Vickie, I can understand the anxiety really, really well. But, often sinus infections feel like toothaches. The sinus walls and roots of teeth are very close. Let's pray that's all it is.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi chickadees!

The carpet is done, and it looks very nice. I feel like I am just moving in! My scale says I have lost another pound, but that's not official. I didn't get to weigh in today, so that's the best I can do. I'm not gonna change my ticker until it's official.

Rhonda-Do you like frozen veggies? I know they are low sodium. I know it is a pain to soak and cook dried beans, but I think you can do them in the crock pot. As for cheese, unless I have it in a casserole, I have been using it like a condiment since being on core; just a sprinkle. When I worked in cardiac step-down, we told our patients to only add salt at the table and not while cooking. Also, lots of people love Ms. Dash as a salt replacement. I know you are concerned about your blood pressure, but don't let it make you crazy. It may just be one of those things that has to be treated no matter what you do.

Vickie-I'm already praying for you and Jim. It is comforting that his problem is on the other side of his mouth. Also, my DH went to the dentist for an emergency visit last week. He was convinced that he had an abcess, but it was his sinuses. Hang in there!

Donna-I'm glad you are resting while you can. Don't worry about MIL. Just do what you know is best for you and your husband.

Hey to the rest of y'all.

Nighty, night chicks!

Tejas
07-21-2009, 08:19 AM
:woohoo: I lost 1 1/2 pounds, finally.

Sloanie, yes, I like veggies of all kinds..fruit too. I rarely eat processed foods and it isn't that much effort to go back to using dried beans. So, I'll do that.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm staying home this morning, then going to the office.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
07-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Happy Tuesday. Its raining again. Of course it has to be on my day off. Oh well, I have to drop dd off at camp then go grocery shopping. I'm then going to spend a couple of hours in her old bedroom (which is quickly becoming a toy room) to remove some of the wallies I had on her walls. They are easy on and off. I just need to soak them with a sponge to peel them off. A good rainy day project. I'm hoping to get in a walk today, but not sure if there will be a break in the rain.

Donna, I hope dh is home soon. I agree with Sloan, don't worry what your MIL thinks. Its not going to do you or DH any good if you sit there all day long and watch him rest.

Sloan, glad you rugs look great. Are you all moved in now? I can say our room is so nice to finally be in it -- I don't know how we managed for 12 years without closets!

Vickie, how is Jim? I hope its nothing. How did wi go yesterday?

Rhonda, good luck with tracking sodium. The list was intersting. It is nice to see that the core food list is basically low in sodium. I think we all need to stay away from any ham. I use a lot of vinegar and citrus in my cooking which helps to replace salt.

Sandra, any tournaments coming up?

Well go to get moving. BBL

beach bum
07-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Yikes:yikes: its back to reality with my weight loss journey and being a housewife again. I feel like I going to be with COCO and all her laundry.I have loads to do,and Help Leo get the A/C in all the rooms,as it getting very humid here on the Cape. I guess I shouldn't complain as we were having very nice cool weather to this point.

SLOANE-Thats wonderful that your carpets and projects are getting done on schedule. You worked so hard to have a beautiful home now set back relax and enjoy it.Maryann-At least some of that 8 pounds has to be fluid. I'm pretty sure that a true 8 pound gain would take more than a few days. Drink plenty of water and check out the sodium website that Rhonda recommended.
I hope so as I can't or I don't want to be inching up to where my sister is. I think I over did my water intake yesterday and I was using the the BR all night long.Yes I have to be very careful to the S word as it likes to play around with my head and my bod in general.

DONNA-Happy to hear that your DH is will be coming home you must have been so worried about him.Thank Goodness its over.Maryanne - Welcome back glad you had a good time. Ditto on what Sloan said about the water retention. Restaurants use a lot of sodium in stuff they cook so eating out for a week can make anyone retain a lot of fluid. Just get back on track...
I was surprised to know that the water on the ships come from sea water. No wonder I can gain 8=10 every cruise I go on. The SODIUM word again.WHY OH WHY do woman have this problem? Going to add lemon juice to the water as its a dietetic and will make me lose that sodium.

RHONDA-Congrats:carrot: on your 1.5 weight loss. You worked so hard in the spinning class now finally it paying off.WTG

PAULA-So far its not raining here on the cape,but we have a low overcast. Was hoping to get out and walk but i fits coming our way I guess he bike is the only option.

coco99
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Everyone
I have missed you guys.
But seemed like everytime. I went to get on here lately. It would be storming. Someone came or called. And then I have been trying to keep the dogs and kitty apart. The kitty had her surgery on Friday. Got her spayed and declawed. So having to take care of her. Giving her meds. And trying to get her to use the litter pan.
So that is what has been going on with me.
I am upset. I gained again last night. Gained 1/2 a pound.
So I am writing everything down this week. Maybe eating more than what I should be. And going to watch the carbs.
Well got to go and get busy.
So hopefully I will be back later.
Thinking of each of you.

beach bum
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I just put photo on my avatar of Leo & I with our chef hats at the End Of The Cruise Party Friday Nights. Hope it works.

Tejas
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Cute, Maryann...

We've got rain here in TO also....

I'm having a good food day...all is well. Except this morning I must have turned off my alarm in my sleep. I was supposed to be at personal training at 6:20, and I woke up at 6:40. I ran out the door and walked there (only about 10 minutes away) to get some exercise, and got there as my buddies were finishing. At least I got up and out, and they all said they would have just rolled back over in bed?

Gotta cook supper now. I'm making some kind of goulash, with fresh not canned tomatoes...we'll see what it turns out to be.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey chicks, my conference went well, and was surprisingly very relaxing. I even got to do some shopping when I got done. I picked up some pillows for euroshams for 3.99! They are usually about 15 dollars, so I did well.

Maryann-I love the photo. You make a cute couple!

Rhonda-congrats on the loss!

Paula-a rainy day sounds good to me. Sometimes we need to slow down, and the rain does that. Maybe it's God's way of chilling us out!

Coco-hope kitty is well soon. Having a new pet is like having a new baby, isn't it?

Vickie-what's going on with Jim? I'm still praying for y'all. Keep us updated.

Donna and Sandra-How are you both? I hope all is well!

GTG since I just got home. TTFN

coco99
07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
BEACHBUM how cute. Hope you had a great time.
Well cant stay on here. Time for kittys meds.
Will be back tomorrow.
Night

Tejas
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes, Vickie, as Sloan asked, what's going on with Jim?

ontarget
07-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Vickie, keep us posted on Jim. I'm sending you prayers.

Rhonda, congratulations on having those scales cooperate. You're doing wonderfully.

Maryann, that's a cute photo. Makes me smile.

I have done well with the eating today--yesterday, too. Life is good.

weightlossxprt
07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Beach bum, Love the photos! Sounds like you guys are doing amazing. Keep up the good work.

weightlossxprt
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I love the hats beach bum. Keep up the excellent work!

beach bum
07-22-2009, 09:23 AM

Weather here on the cape is getting Hot & Humid,we have to put the other A/C in their rooms. We were so lucky for the past 2 month with decent breathing weather,but I guess it summer so why complain.

I had a little surprise when going on the scale this morning I lost :carrot:4 of the 8 lbs :carrot:that I gained on the cruise,hope the rest will be off by the time of my official W-I this Monday.

COCO-Don't worry about that 1/2 lb its probably either water now that the weather is get warmer or the good old SODIUM.You'll lose that easy enough. Gee You do get aa lot of storms.We're lucky some how when a storm is heading our way it always goes up corridor 195 and hits poor PAULA instead. Thanks,on the compliment of the avatar.

RHONDA-Oh what a terrible disappointment that you missed your buddies,I guess you must have been tired not to hear the alarm.Thanks, I like this one on the avatar better. We had so much fun with the nice people we met on our table, couldn't believe all the things we had in common .

SLOAN- Thanks,I must say that also, I don't want to lose him and praying that the big C doesn't come back,wouldn't kn ow what to do without him. I have to buy new pillows for the bed after being spoiled with the ones we had in our cabin.

SANDRA-Thanks,I was so surprised that I was able to get the computer to co-operated to get that photo on the avatar.

VICKIE-Sending prayer, you way, hope by the time you read this post your DH will be better.

coco99
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone
Well no storms now. But maybe later on.
Kitty is doing better. Wanting to start to play. Still has the runs. That is from the amoxicillin she is on. Or that is what the vet said.

VICKIE Hope Jim is doing ok. I have to go and read the post. Havent got caught up yet.

BEACHBUM You and hubby are a cute couple. Congrats on the loss. That is good. I am going to try and really watch the carbs this week. I think I have been having too many of those.

SLOANIE< ONTARGET< TEJAS< TECHALUM< BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hi to each of you. Thinking of all of you.

WEIGHTLOSSXRPT Welcome.
Well got to get off here. Got some paper work to do. And of course laundry.
coco

Vickie
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks. Jim is feeling ok. He got into the Dentist on Monday and an ENT on Tuesday. They don't think it's his teeth or sinuses but they aren't sure what it is. He's to take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium for 10 days. If it doesn't go away then he'll have to go for MRI of the jaw. We have to be careful because of his history. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. You guys are awesome.

Jim never complains about anything so when he says something is wrong....I know it's significant. I'll keep my eye on him. I have a lot to do today. I can't sit at this computer for too long because it seems to trigger my smokey smell.

Oh yeah...I gained .4 yesterday for no good darned reason. I'm not upset but I do need to exercise. I'm not changing my tracker. It's just motivation for me to do better next week.

Later!

TechAlum
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Just popping in really quick. DH came home yesterday, he's pretty sore from the hernia (sp) repair. They opened up about 2/3 of his original scar so his abs are sore. I've been PMSing so I just want to curl back up in bed. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers while we've been going thru all this.

Rhonda - :congrat: on the 1.5

Maryanne - like the new avatar :) I think they filter the sodium out of the water before they use it. For a lot of countries the seas are they're only source of water so they have to process it.

Sloan - enjoy all the new stuff, you deserve it after all the work you've been doing.

Vicki - hope they find out what's wrong with Jim. When DH went to the dr the first time he said "well we're going to assume somethings really wrong since you haven't been to the dr in 11 yrs" Guess he was right.

Paula, Coco, Sandra and any one else I missed - :wave:

-Donna

Tejas
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi everybody:

We've been meeting with the real estate agent, and we're aiming for Aug. 1 as the listing date. We're still undecided about pricing and whether we want to encourage a bidding war. That happens when you start low and wait for bids, hoping that they will all be much higher. They normally are higher than what you would have asked. The agent says that it's not worked only once in his career when they did it. I'm not so sure about that approach. We'll see.....

Things are going well today with food, drink and exercise.

Vickie and Donna, good luck with the DHs.

Congrats on the weight loss Maryann. I was with those thinking that it had to be mostly water. I can easily gain 10 pounds on a 2 week trip just from having to eat out so much. I almost always feel miserable. I don't care how hard the restaurants try, they always have too much oil and salt.

"xpert", why not introduce yourself to tell us a bit about you?

BBL,
Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Rhonda, check out this story from our local station -- its about 6 things women can do to lower their blood pressure.

http://wbztv.com/health/women.high.blood.2.1096936.html

sloanie
07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi chicks!
I'm finished with my second and last day of conferences. The info was very good this year, in fact, I think it was the best one I have attended in thirteen years. Of course, no remodeling has been done for the last two days, so I'm back at it tomorrow.

Vickie-Sounds like the news is good. Could Jim have TMJ inflammation or does he grind his teeth at night? Maybe he just strained something. Don't worry about the tiny gain; it will probably will be different tomorrow.

Coco-I'm glad kitty is better. Oh yes, I have some laundry if you want more to do!

Rhonda-Sounds like you are having a good day. Having a date set is exciting!

Donna-I'm glad you have DH at home. Sorry about your PMS!

Maryann-I knew it was water retention! Congrats!!

Hey, hey Paula and Sandra

Welcome xprt. I'm with Rhonda, let us know something about you!!

I have to give DS his computer, so I've gtg. TTFN

Tejas
07-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks Paula for the information. I didn't know about folic acid and BP...I'll check that out....

ontarget
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Company just left. We had a good visit. We had company 5 nights last week and already twice this week. We're enjoying sitting out on the porch chatting.

Tejas
07-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Sandra, so you're now the "Hostess with the Mostest"! I'm glad to hear that you two are enjoying yourselves!

It is raining like mad here and has been since last night. No storms, just rain...and we need it.

I'm home painting...anybody want to come over and help?
We're going out for lunch; you could join us.

BBL

beach bum
07-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Nothing new,just waiting for the contractor to check out our cesspool,I have feeling that we might need a need one as our house is about 20 years old. YIKES!!! I understand that they expensive these days around $15,000 to $25,000.Who are we going to afford that.

Met a woman that went to the WW meetings with me,and she told me that the leader left and the reg members left with her. The woman that is taking her place is a dud,talking about herself and not what the program is about. I'm glad that I left & I started to count calories instead,with you guys as my meeting room.

COCO-Glad the kitty is doing fine,I know my DD cat was declawed and it took a while before he got back to normal. Thanks I like the photo myself usually I hide in back of other people. Now that I total watching my calories I think had a lot to do with my losing the 4 lbs.hope it will continue going down.

VICKIE-Happy to hear that your JIM is doing fine again.With all this going your stressing and the body is holding more. It will go down again.

DONNA-Your poor hubby I just an imagine how sore he was,I had a exploratory surgery on my tummy down to my appendix and boy did it hurt. Hope they gave him something for the pain.
Yes I understand that the ships do have that kind of water. TG I'm home and I'm using fresh filtered water again,as we have a water purifier system in our house.

RHONDA-Hope everything will work out well with your house selling.Thanks Rhonda for your congrats,Oh I know I gained every time I went on the cruise and I never went overboard on my eating,like my sister did. So I knew it had to have something to do with the water.

SOANE-Thanks for the congrats,now that the cruise is over ,hope I will be able to get the rest off,the second 1/2 of the year. But that the holidays are coming again right after Labor Day,YIKES!! and a double YIKES!!!!

sloanie
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi y'all. So far today I have gotten nothing accomplished. Oh well, I'll get with it in a little while. I've had a couple of eating out challenges over the last few days, but I've been able to look up nutrition info on the web and have kept up points and wpa's. I'm thinking about changing my goal to 128. I have maintained within two pounds of that for the past year, so I'm thinking my body likes it there. What do y'all think? I'd like some input.

Rhonda-glad you are happy about the rain. I'm sorry I can't help you with your painting. I still have a lot to do here. The lunch invitation sounds good, though.

Sandra-sounds like that porch is the hot spot in your neck of the woods. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. Have you been feeding these people?

Maryann-love the new pic. It is so cute! I've got to learn how to put a pic on my avatar. Is it difficult?

Hey to the rest of y'all. BBL

ontarget
07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Rhonda, wish we could help, but you probably wouldn't be happy with my painting skills. I'm taking the grands to the Plaza Theater in the Old Wright Bldg tonight to see "High School Musical." The Plaza is Cleburne's live theater. They still have The Greater Carnegie Players, too. The Plaza has an acting school, etc... Should be fun. I bought new clothes for the event. Isn't that what we girls are supposed to do?

Maryann, what a bummer about losing your WW leader. Is there a way ya'll can give pointers to your new one? Just wondering. I'm sure she'd like to be a good leader and maybe just needs some experience.

Sloan, I think your body's talking to you. Listen to it.

Tejas
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Sloan, I agree with Sandra. Is there anything magic in a few pounds? The point is for them not to become MORE pounds. Hope you don't leave us though.

Sandra, the painting's done now, so you go to your play in peace.

I had a good salad at lunch: spinach, celery root, apricots and walnuts. The walnuts were sugared and that was unnecessary, but all in all, it was good. It had a vinagrette dressing, slightly sweet with something.

We're not even hungry for supper.

Hope you're all well...the rain is letting up, but not ending.

Too bad because this is the first night of an outdoor jazz festival. There is a major street that runs parallel to the lake shore. For four nights it will be closed and jazz musicians are everywhere...quite festive, but tonight will be slow.

Rhonda

sloanie
07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the input cousins!

Rhonda-I won't stop posting. It really keeps me accountable, and I would miss y'all too much! The jazz festival does sound festive. Will you go? Oh yes, that salad sounds awesome. I really like fruit in salad with a tangy dressing.

Sandra-your outing sounds like so much fun. Your grands will have great memories of the time they spend with you!

I'm having black beans, brown rice, and grilled veggies for supper. It's cooking right now, and it smells so good!

Later on, dh and I are going to an auction. The property across the road from us was once owned by Earline Mandrell (a country music singer), and they are going to auction it off. I'm interested to see how much it brings.! TTFN

beach bum
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM

Woke up this morning to another pound gone so I have 3 more to go to get my pre-cruise gain off.

I'm working on a new way of counting calories and it think its working as I lost 5 lbs in 5 days.The plan is to eat low[500c] on one day and than go up to [2000c] the next I's similar to the Wendie plan but where Wendie has a moderate setting.SHD-LD-MD-LD-HD. This plan is LD & HD.

Maryann-love the new pic. It is so cute! I've got to learn how to put a pic on my avatar. Is it difficult?

SLOANThanks, at first it took some time to learn,but I did.Its easy first you have to go to your computer and find where you have you pictures and you open the file and go to the siggy section of 3FC and you hit avatar and you see a brows button and it will show you the pix in your file hit the one you want and than hit the submit button and it should appear. It took me a few times to get the avatar to work.

Wish I know what to tell you about your goal,I think if your happy with the weight & your body is happy with it I stay there and go on maintenance.What does your WW leader say.

Maryann, what a bummer about losing your WW leader. Is there a way ya'll can give pointers to your new one? Just wondering. I'm sure she'd like to be a good leader and maybe just needs some experience.

SANDRA-I haven't been to a WW meeting since Oct of last year. I'm counting calories instead. The WW Flex & Core didn't work for me so now that I Ditched the Diets and eating healthy foods and watching calories instead. The bad thing for the rest of the woman going to those meetings, we just have 2 meeting in our town and both leaders are not good. It seems that WW only has the centers on the main land not on the Cape.

I had a good salad at lunch: spinach, celery root, apricots and walnuts. The walnuts were sugared and that was unnecessary, but all in all, it was good. It had a vinagrette dressing, slightly sweet with something.

RHONDA-I never tried to put fruit into my salads before and when I did I found that they fruit gave the salad a refreshing taste to it. Now I Mix & Match.

TechAlum
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Hello All,

Sorry I just spent 2 hours surfing Ravelry so now I have to move it if I want to make it to the farmer's market before it closes. Then I have to take dh to the dr's for a new pain med prescription they're concerned about the amount of acetaminophen he's taking, plus he'll be out before the weekends over and it's a narcotic so you need a dr's hand written prescription they can't just phone it in. It wouldn't be a big deal if the dr was still in town but he moved to a hospital about a half hour away at the first of the year.

Anyway....

Sloane - How was the auction? 4 lbs isn't a big difference if you feel you can maintain.

Rhonda - glad the paintings done. I need to get to work around here. As for the low list price idea it only works if it's a seller's market. When I sold my house 8 years ago it would have worked, here now it's a buyer's market so it wouldn't work. Just my 2 cents.

Sandra - sounds like a fun outing with the grands. Enjoy.

Maryanne - What ever works for you is good. Just remember this is a special week (ie you're loosing a vacation weight which my ww leader refers to as weight you don't own yet), so what works this week might not in the long haul.

Vicki - How's Jim?

Paula and Coco - :wave:

Gotta get a move on.

Have a great weekend everyone.

-Tech

sloanie
07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Sure is quiet on the board today! Maryann and Donna are keeping us going! I've had a fun day with mom and sis. Now back to remodeling. Last night and today have not been great for food choices, but I'll be back in the saddle asap. Hope you all have had a great day. BBL

ontarget
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
It is quiet here. I haven't been on the board till now. We've been busy flinging arrows and watering flowers. The play was precious. Alexa (6) got to dance onstage during the finale. Was she excited! Now both grands want to take acting lessons. :lol:

I'm still not going to WW meetings either, Maryann. I probably should and maybe will before too long. We'll see. I am tired of fruit. Are ya'll surprised?

Tejas
07-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Sandra, tired of fruit? Not possible!! Try some other kinds of fruits, quickly!

I've been very low calorie the last few days, eating mostly all my food before noon, then having fruit and salad throughout the rest of the day. And, drinking LOTS of water.

I subscribe to the Mayo Clinic email list and today they sent something about the DASH diet. Frankly, it is how I eat, so I'm a little skeptical about lowering my BP that way. But, I could definitely benefit from weighing less, so onward and upward. (or downward really!)

Donna, what's Ravelry??

Maryann, wtg on that other pound.

I decided to paint the interior of two closets in the renovated basement. It's a good thing I did: I found black mold in one of them. So, I scrubbed that out and painted with a base coat of mildew and mold resistant paint. (We had had a leak quite a while ago.) But, it was tedious.

We had another storm this afternoon. So, I didn't go to the jazz festival and now I'm too tired to go!!! Oh well..

Have a great night everyone. :wave:

Rhonda

sloanie
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi chickies-DH and my BIL are tearing down walls tonight, so I'm trying not to watch. The wall they are moving is load bearing, so it has to be done in a very specific way (don't worry, BIL is a frame carpenter; he framed this house). Even though some things are getting finished, more things are getting torn up. We have junk piled everywhere, and now it is covered with sawdust.

Sandra-Have you thought about sprinkling some pineapple with a teeny-tiny bit of brown sugar and grilling it, or adding some fruit to a salad like the one Rhonda was telling us about? Maybe doing some different things with fruit will make it more interesting.

Rhonda-My mom and dad had some black mold, too. We treated it the same way, and it was fine. I hope you don't have too much more to do to get your house ready!

All the rest of you chicks have a good evening!

beach bum
07-25-2009, 07:47 AM

I think it quite at all the boards I go to, why not its summer and all the festivities and family gatherings are in place.

My DD was going to visit some time in in July or Aug,but the way shes still feeling that's a NO-NO this summer for our family planning. She going to be off of the cummarin[sp] soon after her bout with a blood clot in the back of her knee. Its too far to drive to us [5hrs] or hop on a plane for her vacationing in California, the sitting is too long.

Nothing new here,This morning I stated the same,but I'm working on it to be down some more by Monday W-I.

DONNA-Sorry about all the things you DH has to go though.Leo is on some antibiotics to get ride of his sinus infection,this is the 3rd and if not helping so he need s ear nose throat specialist to find out the real problems why the drip is going in the back of his throat.

Thanks,I'm aware that its vacation weight,and I won't be dissappointed if I start stalling. Don't like Diets any more,& I'm happy that I found a new method of calories counting as once your off induction for 2 weeks I found out you can have mod day just like the WW Wendie plan,so I'm going to stick to that.Once I get most of this weight off, I will go back to reg calorie counting.

SANDRA-Like I posted to Donna I had enough of DIETS in general,my idea is to eat healthy and count calories along with portion control and with the new method of counting I should be OK.

Now that the weather is getting warmer/hot my tomatoes plants are now paying off and I see little tomatoes arriving on the stems.There was a time I thought I never a a good crop this year with all this rain in June but it looking good right now.

RHONDA-I have the Mayo Clinic posted in my favorites or bookmarks. but I thought of having a newsletter from them. I also go to the web doctor for other health reports,but my favorite is the mayo clinic.

I'm trying some like your doing with the eating my heaviest in the morning and than lighter in the afternoon & evening with just a pc of fruit in a tossed salad makes it so refreshing..Don't like to eat heavy meals in the summer time now that it getting hot.

Thanks for the congrats hope to see more by the end of this weekend.

SANDRA-Oh!! I can relate to the sawdust in your home from all the remodeling. We have a cement factory a 1/2 mile from us and when the wind blows the dust coming into our house when we have the windows open and Oh me !!!Oh my!!! the furniture and the moldings and the floors all have to be cleaned every day and I'm not a happy camper. You place is going to look beautiful once it done,so hold on to that thought until it is all finished.

blessedwithsarah
07-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry to be missing this week. Not really sure where the week went. For what I thought was going to be a quiet week at work ended up very busy. Which is good, it went by fast. I did donate blood this week -- we have the Boston Children's Hospital donation van come to our office 4 times per year. They do such wonderful things there, I try to donate every time they come. The good new -- my bp was 107/70 and my pulse very low. The nurse asked if I work out and I told her about my walking and attempt at jogging. Her comment is that its working. About a year ago my bp was high -- 140/90-100. Part was due to my thyroid being off.

As far as my weight -- no loss this week, but stayed the same. I'm hoping the jumping up and down is over. I wasn't as strickt on core this week as I was last week, but today is a new week for me. 3 weeks till vacation.

Rhonda, I hope you bp comes down without meds. But if you need something, its better to get it down.

Sandra, tired of fruit! My goodness, never! I adore the summer fruit - when everything is so fresh and delicious. I just found that my local farm has pick your own blueberries. I think I'm going Tuesday to stock up. I just finished this week the ones I froze from last year. YUM. Try something new or look for some recipes to change things up a bit. OR maybe focus on some new veggies for a while.

Maryann, love the picture! You'll get those last few pounds off soon. The week coming up looks like summer -- hot, humid and sunny. I hope you have a great week on the Cape.

Sloan, good luck with the renovations. I'm so glad we are done for now. DH has a job starting on Monday. He is still talking about doing our dining room this fall -- I'm dredding the last 2 rooms as they are the ones we live in the most. What rooms are you doing now?

Donna, anything good at the Farmers market? We have had such a wet summer so far, crops are not that great. I hope they are good for you.

Vickie, how are things with you? Have you been able to get into the pool much?

Well, got to get moving. DD has another bday party this morning. BBL

sloanie
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Mornin' y'all! Good news! My house has not fallen down. DH and BIL will remove one wall today, and start on another one as soon as they are done. We are working on the living rm/den/dining room. Currently, we have a den and living room that are adjacent to each other and a small dining room. We are changing that to a family room with a large dining room. Our current small dining room will become the breakfast room. My extended family is large, and when it is my turn to host family gatherings, we are always crowded. This way we will have a dining room table that seats 10 and room to add another table in the same area. We never use the living room anyway, so it will be the family room. I am very excited to see the end results; it is the biggest change that we are making. Today, I just need to clean up around the construction and do some laundry.

Sounds like we all are getting into the hotter/steamier part of summer. Tennessee has had the mildest summer in my memory, but I think the typical summer has finally gotten here. Hot and muggy :(

GTG make a showing before dh gets home from work. Have a great day everyone!

Tejas
07-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain....three days straight...that's all that's happening here!

sloanie
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Rhonda-that's the pits for the jazz festival. Is any of it indoors? I hope so.

It's 5:30 and I just realized that I have only eaten watermelon today. I've been hungry now and then, but have been too busy to eat. :dizzy:

Vickie
07-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Chicks. I'm up early today for my weigh in. I have to weigh in today instead of tomorrow. We have a little mini trip planned with Sister and BIL. Lots of fattening food is involved and I'm not going to avoid any of the yummy stuff. I'm just going to practice portion control and get exercise.

I've been punky and blue the last couple of days. Jim is feeling better and then I got sick. Ended up at the Doctor on Friday and am on antibiotics and Mucinex DM. Sheesh. I'm just thankful that he got me in and I got on the medicine so that I could feel ok for the trip.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been posting but I just wasn't up to it. I have to pack today and I don't even know what I'm bringing. But...first things first. Gotta get ready to go see Jenny!

Tejas
07-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Sloan, the renovations sound exciting. It's good that you have some expert family help. It quit raining last night and the jazz festival (outdoors) continued. But, we didn't go because we had other plans with friends.

Vickie, I hope you feel better and enjoy the foods. I had a modest slice of blueberry pie last night and enjoyed it all.

Donna, hang in there...you've got such a rough patch right now!

I've been to spinning class and am now going back to work on this place, and in the yard. DH said that I now had so many flowers in the back yard it looks like someone is buried there. (Well, I do have one dog and one cat buried there!)

BBL,
Rhonda

sloanie
07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Mornin'

I have had a couple of "off" days, so I'm back at it today eating wise. I've decided to move back to core and stop counting points except for wpa's. Since I'm pretty sure I am going to change my goal, I decided to just go back to my comfort zone.

Rhonda-It is nice having BIL to help us. He and DH trade out. DH is a mechanic, so he works on BIL's cars.

Donna-we did not stay at the auction 'cause it was so crowded. We were only being nosy anyway. We have not heard about how much the house sold for, but with some money and tlc, it could be a showplace. Probably well worth a million dollars.

Vickie-Hope you feel good for your trip, and Jenny was good to you this morning. Let us know! We're rootin' for ya!

Have a great day chicks. BBL

beach bum
07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I think I'm going to be trouble on the scale for tomorrow W-I,as I went over my low calorie day,but I should really be upset as I lost 5 lbs of my 8 that I gained on the cruise.

PAULA-Its getting hot and humid and sticky ,but I'm not complaining just helped Leo put in another A/C in the up stair loft,tomorrow we'll get the other two in the living room and computer room.
Hope the pounds start melting off now that the HHH weather is among us:lol:

Mornin' y'all! Good news! My house has not fallen down. DH and BIL will remove one wall today, and start on another one as soon as they are done. We are working on the living rm/den/dining room.

SLOAN-Glad that the house hasn't fallen in:lol: You're home will be a Home & Garden model once it done.Leo & I are not going to remodel anything in our home as we're to old for that,but than again we have no we're not handy or have any green thumbs.

What ever works for you,counting calories is not for every one,I'm still doing it as I love to play with numbers.

RHONDA-Leo & I are a little disappointed that we can't watch the Canadian Open,we're such golf fans, but the both of us don't play.Glad you enjoyed your blueberry pie,we all have to take a break here and there.

VICKIE-Good luck at your W-I today and have a great time with your family on the mini trip.

Vickie
07-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Chicks. You are all just the best. I lost 1.4 which covers the gain from last week. I have to go compute the total loss.

I still feel yucky. I've only had 2 doses of the antibiotic so I have to give it time. It's a once a day for 7 days stuff. I can't take amoxicillin or zithromax so my options are limited. It's called Avelox. My stomach is upset, I think from the Mucinex DM. I'm really tempted to stop taking that.

I'd love to stay and catch up but I have to go pack, take care of the pool and do my nails. I'll try to come back later.

sloanie
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Vickie-your nausea may be from the avelox or the mucinex. Make sure that you have something in your stomach when you take the mucinex and avelox. Nausea is one of the big side effects of avelox. Also, try eating small bland meals, and if you are not allergic, you could take some dramamine. The dramamine sometimes works for nausea, but can make you sleepy. I know that was unsolicited advice, but that's the nurse in me. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your trip to the fullest!

Maryann-It's great that you have lost the five pounds. The rest will be gone before you know it!

Hey y'all

Vickie
07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Sloan! I forgot you are a Nurse. I'm planning to eat basically bland food, if that's what you call Amish country cooking. I'm so disappointed though because I was SO looking forward to the food. I will make sure I take it with food. I hadn't been careful about that.

Vickie
07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
BTW, I love unsolicited advice! Problem is that I give it too.

ontarget
07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Vickie, have fun on your trip. I'm glad you got some meds and are feeling better. Congratulations on losing 1.4 lbs.

Rhonda, we have 40% chance for rain all week. I hope we get it. It's been 102* again today. Yesterday was 100+. Curtis and I both overheated at an archery tournament. He almost fainted. So did I. Now wouldn't that have been a royal mess? lol Anyway, we survived. Today we've been taking it easy just trying to recoop.

Sloan, I had forgotten you're a nurse, too. For some reason I was thinking you were a teacher.

Maryann, ;) ;) on a good WI.

sloanie
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Sandra-I am both a registered nurse and a teacher. I teach health science which is a program for students who are interested in health care careers. In order to teach those classes in Tennessee, you have to be a licensed health professional and complete the equivalent of a minor in industrial education for teacher licensure. I practiced nursing full time for eighteen years and have been teaching for twelve. I enjoyed nursing, but I really love teaching. It is the perfect job for this time of my life.

Enough about me. I hope all of you have had a great weekend and are ready for an "on core" week!

Nighty night

Vickie
07-27-2009, 06:42 AM
See you on Wednesday everyone!

Have two great on program days.