Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 01:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of July 1, 2002

Good afternoon everyone!

It's another hazy, hot, humid day here in PA...we had a brief cooling on Friday but the temps started to climb again over the weekend with highs today up in the low 90's...ugh! Can you tell I'm not a summer person???

Hard to believe that today marks the first day of July. We had a good weekend away (bowling tournament) and eating wise I did the best I could although I have to admit I feel good about my choices and have no regrets in terms of eating too much.

Seasaw: How did your weigh in go on Friday? I know you said you were just going to go and take whatever came...I hope it went well for you.

Myra, Lala, Katie, Janet, Laurel: Hope you're all doing okay!
Old 07-01-2002, 01:29 PM   #2  
LM

Hi there Melissa!

I'm also definitely not a summer person. But for better or for worse, here at work it is absolutely freezing. And have i mentioned that DH bought a powerful window AC (no central) so that Eddie the cat would not feel too hot. So I'm reaping the benefits along with Edward.

My other secret sorrow is that I don't know anyone with a swimming pool. Now if only I can convince DH that Eddie needs to do laps...
Old 07-02-2002, 07:40 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Well ladies, I'm entering my fourth week of maintenance. Went to WI last night and gained (still under goal), but it's TOM, so I'm not too concerned. Went to lunch yesterday with a friend and she kept asking me why I did not want any mayo or cole slaw! She ate my cole slaw.

Seasaw, glad to hear you're running again. My husband's back into it also and training for a marathon (yes, in this heat).

LM--you are so funny regarding Eddie--made me laugh

Melissa, you must show us your new haircut.

Here in Florida it has been so wet. Rain every day for long periods for the past three weeks. That is very unusual for this area. I hope it clears up for the Fourth of July weekend. I'm going to visit my parents--they haven't seen me with the weight loss.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:17 AM   #4  

Is everyone looking forward to the July 4th festivities? Hope it's a safe and happy time for all of you.

We celebrated Canada Day in fine style. My parents were in town for four days; we went for walks in the neighbourhood and attended the annual military Tattoo which featured a tribute to our American neighbours in light of the events of Sept. 11th. A lot of tears in the audience.

Melissa: Yes, I did weigh-in on Saturday and was up 2.8 lbs however still under the wire in terms of paying It's a wake-up call.

Laurel: Thanks goodness for Eddie. Now if you could just get him to drop hints about a new Jag and a trip around the world...

Domina: I'm struggling a little with getting back into my running routine - perhaps because I had visitors for the weekend - but more likely cause I'm just not all that motivated. I did get out this morning though, and I feel soooo good. I hope to do better this week.

We may be heading into a heat wave, altho I'll believe it when I see/feel it. Actually, I should stop complaining cause I'm not a hot weather person either, particularly if it's accompanied by high humidity.

Have a good day all.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, it's been really, really quiet here...is everyone on vacation or something??

We have a little lull with orientation stuff so I've used the time to catch up with some correspondence for the fall semester. We have to work ahead when we can.

Seasaw: Well at least you didn't have to pay...but as you said it's a wake up call in terms of getting yourself back on track.

Domina: I'll try and get my mom to snap a picture with her digital camera over the weekend so that I can post an update with my new "do". We haven't had rain in such a long time...my poor strawberries are suffering. I was only able to make 1 batch of jam this year compared to 5-6 last year.

Laurel: Glad to hear Eddie is enjoying the AC!

It's still hot & humid here but we're supposed to have a break in the weather beginning tomorrow. I sure hope so! The heat is oppressive and it's way too hot to do anything. My walking has suffered because I really enjoy walking outside.

I went for my meeting today and my "official" July weigh in and was down .4 this week...I'm happy with that especially since TOM is scheduled to arrive sometime next week.

No big plans for the 4th...probably just hang out and do some stuff around the house. I took Friday off as a vacation day so I'll have a nice long weekend.

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:40 PM   #6  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

The last few days have been a nightmare. Power outages. Car problems. Work/financial problems. Didn't make it to my WI, but I think I maintained, which was good considering what I've been going through but I really wanted to lose.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:29 AM   #7  

Good morning. It really is quiet - and I just remembered this is the 4th so I suspect I'll be the only one around. That's OK, I'll just ramble
Melissa: Hope you get a break from the weather soon. We're experiencing a bit of that here too. I've been running before work in the morning - before it gets unbearable.

Myra: Oops, sounds like you need some good news. Hope things turn around for you soon. Are you going to weigh-in this week or wait until next?

I had plans to go for my July weigh-in tomorrow (Friday) but it looks like I'll be working, even though it's my regularly-scheduled day off. We still don't have a program coordinator, so the workload is getting really oppressive. They'll have to do something soon, or my colleague and I will both be out on stress leave. It's been nine weeks since the position became vacant, and it's our busiest time of year. Anyway, gotta run. See you tomorrow or next week.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:34 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

Have to wait for next week. No meetings today and the only meetings in my area are Wed. and Thurs.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:21 PM   #9  
Vegetarian

Default Need Help with Personal Avatar

Good afternoon everyone!

My name is Sharon and I have been a lifetime member since 1977, I've done a lot of yo-yoing since then, but at this time I am at goal and maintaining for about 4 months now. I'd like to make friends.

I'm enjoying being a part of 3FC's message board. I've noticed some people have their own custom avatar under their name. I have a *.jpg file that I'd like to include under my name and when I go to profile/options to enter my own avatar, the change doesn't take.

I select ....Browse
choose the ....file and location
press "submit modification ......and nothing changes.

I've entered and received posts also, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my trouble assigning a personal avatar.

Can someone help, or give me an email address to direct my questions to someone who can answer.

Thanx, and enjoy the day!
Old 07-06-2002, 03:56 PM   #10  
Lifetimer

Sharon,

I don't know anything about the avatar but I couldn't help but see that you are a vegetarian. I am one too. Do you want to share tips about combining WW and a vegetarian diet? I've been playing with combining WW and McDougall. What have you been doing?

I am a lifetime member but gained most of it back and now I'm whittling my weight back down. 14 lbs. to go to be back to goal.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:51 PM   #11  
Vegetarian

Default Myra ----

Hi Myra,

Yes! I would love to discuss all that. I'm not going to write much now because it's 11:45p and I'm quite tired.

I am proud to be vegetarian and my husband has told me many times that he is proud of me also. He thinks it's very commendable and he doesn't know if he'd be able to do it himself.

Well, I'm looking forward to "talking" with you again. Take care!
Closed Thread