Old 07-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default ******Weekly Chat July 19th-25th******

Yes ladies we are already racing our way towards the end of July. School starts for the kids around here in less than a month eeeeek!

I went to softball practice yesterday for the first time, and I guess I was good at it because they were like OMG you have never played before?????? They could have just been trying not to hurt my feelings however I did hit the most balls out of all the girls and hit them farther. I guess being a bit of a she-man is paying off LOL.

I stayed the night last night at the hospital with my papaw. Needless to say I am soooo sore from softball and not having a bed to sleep in last night. I am going to go walking tomorrow after work.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. TTFN!
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

How is your papaw doing? Hes really been in the wars lately
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  
I will do this.

Can I start over tomorrow?

My head has NOT been in the game. Granted I get in 2 hours of walking daily...I have been emotionally eating since that cyst popped on my ovary because I have been scared (not that i need to be scared cause the Dr. wasn't even that worried....I see in him in september and he even okayed me to go camping)

I have just been walking around like, "OMG - what else could go wrong with me? My mom died of cancer....did my pinky just twitch? I must have cancer.."

WHICH is very stupid of me and I am just giving myself bad energy by even thinking those thoughts...the food helps sooth my mind because it "feels good"

I just need to get ahold of myself. Does any of that make sense?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Taylor...it makes total sense!!!! With the family history and the proximity you have had to cancer with your mom battling it, it's only natural to automatically jump to certain conclusions when things show up unexpectedly! It's gotta be reassuring though to know that the doctor isn't showing much concern for it though.

Bee - if you've never played softball before and you're already hitting the ball further than all the other girls, that's quite impressive indeed!!!! I played softball all growing up (from the 2nd to 12th grades) and miss it so much.

I am getting frustrated again...haha. Story of my life, huh? I feel like I have kicked my own butt at the gym this whole past week, working out for an hour each day and eating within my calorie allotment. So why is the scale not moving?!?!?! I have been the same weight since April and it's getting old really fast. Plus, reading posts where people are talking about their amazing losses and how they seem to be losing weight each and every day just gets me more upset. It's like a vicious cycle really.

Seriously though, how do I fix this? I dropped calories and that's when it all started. I have upped exercise length and nothing seems to be helping. I eat between 1400-1500 calories a day and go to the gym daily. Do I need to eat more maybe? I'm confused. Help
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Chele: Maybe upping your calorie intake would help, try 200 calories more for a few weeks and see. Depending on your intensity and how long your working out, your body could be going into "starvation" mode and putting everything you eat into fat storage because your input is not enough for your output. I played like in high school PE but thats it, and some of my teammates are former HS and rec leauge ball players. I am excited and nervous. I need to learn to field and not be so afraid of the ball. LOL

Taylor: yes you may startover. I feel like I start over every week. I am starting over tomorrow. I had hospital breakfast this morning and needless to say it could have been healthier.

Ghost: He has been through it and back. I think he is getting a pacemaker and a internal defibrillator tomorrow and we are expecting that to help tremendously.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Bee:
I missed hearing what's up with your papaw, having not been one much for the weekly chats lately, but I hope he's alright.

Taylor:
I totally get it. My dad died of cancer, and my grandmother had cancer... and I recently had a pap come back "irregular." I spent a day sobbing, convinced I have cervical cancer before I calmed down and realized there's no point in stressing myself out until I get tested and find out one way or the other.
Start over. And kick ***.

Chele:
Y'know... I'm a firm believer in shocking my system. I was stuck at 150.4 (or slight variants, 150.6, or 150.2) for a couple of weeks, which is really unlike me, because usually I DO lose a tiny bit every day. I was flipping my sh!t because I hated thinking there was the possibility that the scale wouldn't move any more with me sticking to a stringent calorie intake...
But my body was simply not responding to my new eating habits in a positive way on the scale anymore.... So, I binged. It was a planned, one-day binge. I ate a hamburger, a box of KD (Kraft Mac and Cheese), and movie popcorn complete with butter. My system was shocked alright. I was sluggish and gross the next day, feeling all bloated with the sodium intake, and I was up to nearly 152. That day, I was so perfectly on plan, it was INSANE, and the next morning I was 151. And then finally, the next day, I was 149.6. I'm back to being a good little OP girl, and the weight is slowly coming off... and I needed that shockingly high calorie spike to kick my metabolism into gear.
I vote... try a one day fun bingefest (without going REALLY overboard, and eating a whole cake and 12 Big Macs or something ) and see if it kick-starts the ol' metabolism.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-19-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Taylor - I'm getting to be the same way since my mom and grandmother both died of cancer, its completely understandable.

Chele - good luck! Maybe having a binge day will help you.

Bee - that's awesome about softball, and I hope the pacemaker does wonders.

I do not know what the H*LL is wrong with me. I woke up at 5 am with horrible stomach cramps which resulted in spending a fun hour in the bathroom. This was made slightly worse by the fact that my core is KILLING me from pilates on Friday. Because I'm some sort of sick sadist, I went hiking this morning. It wasn't as long as I wanted it to be, only 90 minutes, but I had to stop because I was so dizzy. This continued all friggin day, so I just laid around the house. I'm still dizzy as all h*ll, but I'm just going to lay here and watch TrueBlood. I really wish I could stay in bed tomorrow, but I'm traveling Tuesday-Wednesday so I have to go in tomorrow.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

Bee: thats good to hear. A friend of mine had a pacemaker and a defibrulator put in a while ago and hes been doing a lot better since then. Just make sure that if they do exercise tests they remember to turn the defibulator off! They forgot to do that once for him- apparently being "defibulated" when you're jogging rather than having a heart attack is not fun >.<

Taylor: i agree, its totally understandable. i have no reason ever to suspect cancer, but i always jump to that conclusion too (doesnt help that i google my symptoms xD) Since you've been around cancer it must be ten times harder not to do that So I would just play it by ear. If you think your doctor should be more concerned then i would get a second opinion, if only to put your mind at rest.

Chele- i was stuck since December and i just got the scale moving again (touch wood). I have seriously increased the intensity of my workouts, i got a personal trainer to kick my *** for 30-40 mins a week, i do an intense full body weights work out twice a week and i have added sprints into my runs. I am also eating between 1200 and 1700 calories a day- it means that i can have a high calorie day without going over the top, and the next day i will have a lower calorie day to keep my metabolism guessing. The 1700 calorie days remind it that we arent in a famine I have also cut A LOT of cheese out of my diet I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but you never know. (and i totally understand about other peoples success making it feel worse )

Jelbb- for the pap test

Stella- sounds awful You poor thing, and you were so looking forward to being able to hike and everything this weekend I swear sometimes our bodies are out to get us.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies. I've been waaay off track with the eating lately, but still keeping up the exercise. Anywho, last night was rough though! Apparently instead of getting hangovers after a night of drinking I just blackout the night :S. Troublesome..

Where's nish at?? Come baaack!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Ghost....it's so weird, but since you mentioned it, I have been eating a lot more cheese than normal these past like two weeks. Cookouts and just snacks that my parents make to have in the summer evenings on the porch usually consist of cheese somewhere. I am going to try to limit that for the next week and see what comes of that.

Thanks for the suggestions and sympathy guys. I needed a little pity party for myself because the whole optimism thing is starting to get to me I actually have a friend from Toronto visiting starting tomorrow and then another friend from South Carolina coming at the end of the week. So, I'm sure there will be a binge day in there somewhere with them here....especially since my friend from Toronto wants to hit up Coldstone Creamery when here!

Crossing my fingers for something......
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #11  
This is not a test.

Aha! Cheese is soooo good, but i think cheese lovers always go a bit overboard xD I used to eat wedges of it as snacks I tried to keep it in my calorie limit but it may be that it was just pushing me over a little bit every day, just enough to keep me maintaining and not losing. let me know how it goes!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm jealous of you cheese-eaters. I can really only have cheddar or mozzarella in very small amounts - anything else is migraine inducing. Oh how I love my body and its odd reactions to normal foods.

I feel better today and I have my stuff packed to work out later. I refuse to go to the gym on Monday mornings b/c of the heat situation. My horoscope keeps warning me to take extra good care of myself (like 3 horoscopes said this) so I have lots of fruits and veggies to eat today. I think I've just been worrying myself sick. Yay.

A small NSV - I was able to wear pants that I haven't been able to in 4 years. I bought them at The Limited (like the ONLY size 12 they had) and THEY FIT AGAIN. They're a little tight around the tummy area, but I don't care, I'm wearing them Now the goal is to make these babies loose.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #13  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

Good morning everyone!

Feeling a little discouraged today after a rough weekend with the lady time. I didn't binge like I normally would, but I definitely made some poor eating choices. Also ate really sporadically and could hardly drink any water thanks to nausea. And my exercise plan was totally derailed because I was so weak and shaky and crampy. I did go for a short walk each day, but not at a brisk pace and not for very long because I almost passed out.

I've always struggled with my mood and emotions related to my cycle, so I knew the emotional side might be a challenge, but I was unprepared for the physical throwing me so far off-track. And I was hoping that a few weeks of healthful eating and regular exercise would make things easier, since people always suggested such changes to me as a solution.

Any tips for how you stay on track during monthly curse?
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #14  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Bee
- I know a bunch of people (ages 16-90) who've had pace makers put in and it has helped them enormously...definitely saved my grandmother's life a couple years ago.

Taylor- I am like that with the littlest things--I fell on my wrist hiking the other day and couldn't move my pinky for a while, and was convinced I'd done permanent nerve damage, and I can't imagine being in your position where the worry is for cancer.

Jelbb
- Irregular paps are super normal and usually clear up on their own, but it must be very scary with your family history...hang in there.

Chele- stalls are really depressing for me because I'm not very exact with my calories, so figuring out what to do differently would be really tough and be a big mental block for me. You'll get out of it, though. It always helps me to think about the long run, and how in the long run, a stable weight is good!

Stella- hang in there! Your 5am gym going is very motivational to me

Sharon- It helps me to know that during TOM, my metabolism is actually elevated, so if I'm OP during that week, I will be extra rewarded at the end! I always look forward to the whoosh at the end of TOM, for me.

As for me, I had a bingey weekend but an active one as well, and while I don't think they exactly canceled each other out, I'm happy hangin out at 147 so if I don't show a gain at weigh-in today, go me. Friday night was the VT Brewer's Festival, so lots of yummy beer to be had there, and kettle korn which is like my favorite food of all time. Saturday I climbed Mt. Abe, which I do every year, and this year I noticed a vast improvement in my time, energy, and enjoyment. I even jogged up it for a while. Then I fell on the way down and ruined a pair of shorts, but it was worth it. Sunday I went tubing at Ausable Chasm, also fun, though I don't think lying on my back in a tube is really what fitday has in mind when I enter "swimming", lol. Then Sunday night my other favorite food, Sushi!! So I bookended the weekend with some major binging, but back OP this week
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Hey girlies! I missed you all, I was away for the weekend, and probably should have made better food choices, but oh well, I HAD FUN! My friends and I went to a Jamaican yard party, felt just like I was in Jamaica again. They were all Jamaican farmers, farms hire Jamaicans here in the summer to work for them for a few months, then they go back to Jamaica when the summer is over. Cheap labour I guess. Anyway, Good music, good eats, good vibes, and SEXY SEXY MEN Haha. I was windin' and grindin' and I didn't care. I have never been so carefree lol. Sure wouldn't have done that 90 lbs ago! lol Anyway.......
How was everyones weekend?
Back OP! Yay. I feel crappy when I eat crappy!

Last edited by luvja; 07-20-2009 at 11:26 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote