Old 07-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Any VitaMix owners out there?

If so, could you share your favorite recipes with me? I just bought mine today and am anxious to try it out
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well, what are you looking to make?

I don't have any formal recipes but there are a few things I like to make.

Green smoothies - spinach, celery, cucumber, frozen strawberries, half an apple and a chunk of ginger makes a nice smoothie. You can tailor your green smoothies by adding various fruits. I've included beets as well and other greens to kind of mix it up.

Pesto - Basil, soaked cashews, soaked pinenuts, spinach, garlic and a couple sundried tomatoes. I've used this to serve on kelp pasta. Its pretty good.

Hummus - cooked chickpeas, tahini, garlic, dash of lemon juice.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I make the 3 things Nelie mentioned in my Blendtec (similar to VitaMix). Mostly smoothies. That is the main reason we bought it. My husband makes one everyday for breakfast and I do 3-4 days out of the week. Add whatever you prefer.

I have made Almond Milk by soaking the almonds for 6 hours and then blending with water.
1 cup whole, soaked almonds

2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar

1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups filtered water

Blend all ingredients at high speed in a blender for about 1 minute. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined colander set over a large bowl. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.

I also make a good tortilla soup. It "cooks" in the blender with the heat of the motor in a couple minutes. Here's the link for the recipe. My girls like it also for a quick lunch. http://www.blendtec.com/Resources/HP...20Brochure.pdf
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #4  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I use a lot of recipes in the cookbook that came with it or I grab recipes from their website. Carol's Awesome Vegetable Soup is one of my favorites. Zucchini Salsa is also great but I make a smaller (1/4) batch.

Here's the link to the recipe search. I check off the Household box down the bottom and that gets the list of all the recipes. It's easy to change them to meet your diet plan requirements.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote