Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #1  

Smile Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am 52 years old and determined to get back into a shape that I can SMILE about. Menopause, an underactive Thyroid, love of food, an uncontrollable urge to eat junk food and most of all a lack of self disipline has me over weight and out of shape.

My birthday gift to myself is to get back in shape. I have been paving the road to a new me for the past month and have come up with a plan that I know will work. First off I managed to find this site and it looks like it is the site for me. This is my first time posting here but I have been reading many of the entries for the past couple of weeks and they have helped motivate me.

My plan is a simple one.... Well at least it sounds simple! Portion control is a MUST, I need to go back to everything I learned years ago about portions but managed to have forgotten. Next I plan to drink plenty of water, which I already do, WALK as much as possible, and exercise, which is something I don't do. The WII Personal Trainer and I are going to become great buddies. It has a 30 day challenge program which I started today. It actually felt good working out, even when I started to get out of breath during the running activity. There is no place to go but up from here and I know in a few weeks I will master the workout. Last but not least I plan to log into 3fatchicks.com as often as I need to. Support is an important part of my plan and I look forward to hearing from you all!
Shapely Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Happy birthday and congrats on giving yourself the wonderful gift of living a healthier life

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Loved your post! You CAN do this! Really.

As a 50+ post-menopausal woman, I promise you that it can be done.

You hit the nail on the head with what works.

For me, moderate exercise, calorie counting and portion control were key elements. And, I LOVE my Wii too
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #4  

Happy belated birthday!!!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #5  
From the Beach to Montana

S/C/G: 350/322/199

Height: 6' 4"

Hello from Montana, and welcome to 3FC!
Montana Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #6  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Happy birthday to us (mine was yesterday too!). Let's make this year the best one yet.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote