Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 09:17 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/1 - 7/7

Starting the topic. Will be back in a little bit
Old 07-01-2002, 09:19 AM   #2  

Good morning all. I'll have to make this pretty short - swamped again! I had a good weigh in - I lost 1 pound. Of course, the week before I had gained 2.8 so I was a little disappointed that I didn't lose more but I'm working hard to get rid of the rest this week.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/156/135
Old 07-01-2002, 12:03 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

Happy Canada Day! It our 135th birthday. It's a holiday up here today...I'm working, but not too hard!

Judy - nice loss! the rest will follow very soon. Hope things quiet down at work soon!

Carla - how did it feel not going to work this morning?!

I had a good weekend, except we had Chinese food last night. Ate too much, but virtuously picked the batter off the deep fried prawns as my concession to healthy eating! Can't go to the gym today as they're only open 8-2 today due to the holiday, so I have an appointment with the treadmill when I get home.

Hope you're all having a great day...

Karen
Old 07-01-2002, 12:59 PM   #4  
Angie-del

Hi everyone.

Carla- how does it feel not having to go to work?? I love using the splenda....I only wish it was available in bulk. Tony is a southern boy who loves his sweetened iced tea so we go through a fair amount of it. You're coming in MN!!! ....where/when?? (email me if you don't want to post it). Would be great if I could meet you.

Karen- Happy Canada Day!! I'll join you in the treadmill appointment...I skipped mine this morning also.

Judy- Great loss!! My meal off from journaling is my reward for staying on the straight and narrow path for the rest of the week. I weigh in at 4 pm on Mondays so I stop the journaling at lunchtime at Monday ( I eat breakfast and lunch but then not again til after my meeting). It's right back to journaling on Tues am. I tell myself during the week to just hang on until Mon pm if there's something I really gotta have (yucky point wise).... Just knowing I'll have it on Monday keeps me OP for the remainder. Quite often I've lost the urge for whatever it was during the week that seemed so critically important to me at the time A 1/2 hr massage....did you thoroughly enjoy yourself?? I've got an hour full body one to use which the kids and Tony gave me for Mothers Day.

Have a great one.
Angie

Old 07-01-2002, 02:24 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Angie - it'll certainly make me feel better to know that you'll be trudging along beside me on the treadmill this evening! I like your idea of a meal off of journalling. I think I'll try it for Friday dinner as we often go out to eat after work on Fridays and I don't always order very point friendly!

Karen
Old 07-02-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning -

Never did end up getting on the treadmill last night as we ended up doing yard work till almost dark...however, the good news is I got up this morning and took the dogs to the river and actually ran the entire way. I've been doing a little tentative running over the last couple of weeks, and last week made it 1/2 way in one direction. This morning I started running (slowly) as soon as we got out of the SUV, and ran till we got back. That's further than I've run in at least 25 years!

Have a good day.

Karen
Old 07-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #7  
Angie-del

Happy Think Thin Tuesday, everyone!

Karen- I missed my treadmill appt last night too. My MIL returned on a flight and we needed to pick her up. I'm jumping on today after work though...great job on the running! Don't know if I'll ever be a jogger or not, but I'm aware of the positives of trading off between jogging/walking. Someday, maybe.

I was greeted with a stinking gain last night (1.6#!!). Can't believe it since TOM is due any day now. Should be flushed out by next Monday (better be......). Have a great one.
Angie

Old 07-02-2002, 01:40 PM   #8  

Karen B - Happy (belated) Canada Day! I give you a lot of credit for picking the batter off the prawns! Way to go on getting in that run - it must be nice to run with the dogs near the river. My knee is doing well enough this week that I got the OK to alternate the stationary bike (yuck) with the treadmill - the question is getting myself to do it when it's so hot and humid here!

Angie - Sorry to hear about the gain but I'm sure it's water if TOM is any minute. I like the idea of one meal off journaling - I may try to incorporate it in my week - mine would be on Saturday - but not until I lose the gain from last week. The massage was just delightful and I really needed it in my neck and shoulders (where I store all my tension). I made an appt for an hour massage the Saturday my vacation starts - not as a WW reward but as a reward for making it to vacation!

Carla - How are you doing?? I hope you have been enjoying not going into work.

I had a good day yesterday - work was slightly less crazed although it's picked back up today. I went to PT but will be taking a week or so break from it. I only have 8 visits left under my insurance for the rest of the year and want to be sure I have some "in reserve" in case I need them for my knee. I'm off the anti-inflammatories and my knee is feeling pretty good. What I need to do now is be sure I don't try to do too much too fast. I keep telling myself that if I stick to the bike and treadmill (walking) for aerobics, I should be able to play a little tennis when we are on vacation. I had a good day point-wise yesterday and even banked 3.5 points yseterday. Maybe the fact that my stepdaughter (and her friend and our grandson) came over yesterday and went to the town pool with Tony. Afterwards they came back to the house and my stepdaughter told me how well she is doing on WW. I've been knitting a bit too in the evening so I think that helps.

Does anyone have challenges for the 4th or for this weekend? Ont he 4th Tony and I will be grilling for ourselves. My cousin and her husband are coming down from CT this weekend but they watch what they eat too. I'm planning on making Angie's yummy potato salad and am planning on sticking with fruit (watermelon) for dessert.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 07-02-2002, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Sorry I'm just getting in here this week. I'm still trying to create a new routine. Actually, I did try to get in here earlier today, but my ISP was so darned slow and I had errands to run, so I couldn't wait.

Judy - I hope things slow down consistently for you soon. Thanks so much for posting that recipe. It's definitely going on my meal list for next week. Congrats on that great loss. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. As for July 4th challenges - we're going to our friend's annual party. It will be a challenge, but if I watch portions, I should be ok.

Karen C - Good job picking the batter off the prawns. You're a stronger woman than I! And a belated Happy Canada Day to you.

Angie - I'm sure that your gain is water from TOM. Don't fret, you'll have it off next week. The idea of a reward meal sounds good. Maybe that would keep me on track - I'll have to try it. We're going to Perham, MN. I think that's about 2.5 hours from you, no? If there's a way to meet up, I'd love to do it. I'll have to pow wow with John. If we leave Friday night, like we're thinking we might, then perhaps there would be time on Sat. to stop in the Twin Cities or someplace nearby. Otherwise, we'll have our car and if there was somewhere 1/2 way we could meet, I'd be all for that. OR maybe the weekend we come home, when our time will be more our own. We're leaving on Aug 2/3 and returning on the 10th.

So, as I said, I'm trying to adjust to/create a new routine. Yesterday I was a bit out of sorts. Combo of a bit of a tummy bug and lack of sleep (Ana woke up three times Sunday night). I didn't have the energy to move. I think a lot of it was my body releasing some stress from the week before. But today, I was loving it. Ana went to day care today (we want to keep our spot and since I'm getting severence, we decided to keep paying them and to send Ana a couple of days a week so she has kids to play with). I got some stuff done around the house and ran some errands and actually made a meal from scratch. I think I could get used to this really quickly. One thing I've already noticed is that I move around a lot more when I'm at home, so that should help in the weight loss efforts. I plan on starting some walking in the next day or so.

Ok, time to say goodnight before Luigi (the cat) claws me to death. He's still a bit starved for affection since losing his brother.

Have a great Wednesday all.

Carla
Old 07-03-2002, 08:42 AM   #10  

Carla - glad to hear that you are "settling into" your new routine. I have to laugh about what you said about making a meal from scratch. Since Tony retired I only prepare 1/2 of the meals I used to (I used to get home earlier than he did most times) and I love the fact that when I get home on the days I'm in the city I don't have to do anything - maybe you can swing the SAHM if John gets used to meals from scratch! I'm sure there was a great release of stress since Friday.

Yesterday was another crazy day at work - if possible, the big, time-crunched project just got worse - the users gave me a huge addition to the requirements 1/3 of the way through development! I was hoping that the weekend after I'm back from vacation I'd be able to take a 1/2 day off Friday and go down to D.C. to a fitness friends get together but I don't think it's going to work. It was iffy before yesterday and now I just can't see a) taking the time off and b) driving 5 hours each way over a weekend even though I would love to see these people and really need a break. I don't have to make a definite decision until about a week beforehand though so I'll just see how it goes.

I had a good day yesterday - even though I snacked a little more than I had planned I still banked 1/2 point. No exercise - it was in the 90's and humid at 7:00 pm and Tony and I didn't even sit in the backyard (our new routine - it helps me relax after work). Today is likely to be the same but I plan on walking in the pool tomorrow and doing some weights in between watching Wimbledon, the Yankees and getting a little work done.

Have a great Water Filled Wednesday,
Judy
Old 07-03-2002, 10:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I know that is a developer's nightmare - project changes mid-way through the project. Darn users. I sure hope you're able to do your DC trip - I know how much you like getting together with your fitness friends. Forgive me for forgetting, but where are you and Tony going for vacation - you're usual beach vacation? We have the same hot and humid weather here. I refuse to go outdoors until the sun starts setting. I really hate the heat.

I'm very pleased to report a 1.2 loss (down from 2 weeks ago). Why can't I remember how beneficial getting that water in is? Guess I better plaster signs all over the house. Well, I better run - I'm watching the neighbor's girls today - so I have 2 four-year olds and an 8 year old to contend with and I'm starting to hear bedlam break out in the other room. Everyone have a wonderful day and for those of us in the U.S. a happy fourth.

Carla
Old 07-03-2002, 02:47 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA, not time to post today or even read and catch up, just wanted to with everyone a safe and happy holiday. I will be back on Monday and boss is away on vacation so plenty of catching up time.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:33 PM   #13  

Carla - Congratulations on that great loss! One thing about this awful weather is that it makes getting the water in a little easier. Yup, Tony and I are going on our beach vacation, Sun - Fri out past the Hamptons on a pretty empy stretch of beach. Krista and Anthony are coming out for a night (tight quarters in a "studio") and it looks as if my parents might take a drive out (but stay in a motel) the same time as Krista & Anthony. I'm really looking forward to my lounge chair under an umbrella on that gorgeous beach with a great book plus falling asleep and waking up with the sound of the ocean.

Michele - good to hear from you. Looking foward to hearing what's been going on.

I'm just about finished with as much work as I can do today and am going to try to head home at a decent hour.

To those of us in the US, have a Happy & Safe 4th of July!!

Judy
Old 07-07-2002, 11:54 AM   #14  

Good morning, I am new here and so thankful to have found this message board. I do not go to meetings, but have found success using the points system. I started up again yesterday after having done nothing about my weight for over a year. I lost 33 pounds and much to my dismay, I have gained back 20. That is so hard to face!

I look forward to the encouragement and support of this board. I find the hardest thing for me is meal planning. Would appreciate menu ideas and planning ideas.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Nikeo (means to overcome).
Old 07-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #15  
Canadian, eh?

Welcome, Nikeo! Glad to have you join us...we start a new thread every Monday, so look forward to a warm welcome from the rest of the group on the new thread tomorrow. Most of us don't post much on weekends, but I generally drop in to see if anyone's been around.

Karen
Closed Thread