Support Groups - Herbal Magic #5

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Herbal Magic #5

Dria
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
We were getting close to the 500 posts mark. So I decided before the weekend came I would make a new thread so there was no hold up on posting for the weekend.
Hope everyones having a great day!!! Cant wait to see some W.I Results.
Chantal Great job!!!!
Hope to see everyone posting here soon!! Maybe some pics?!

bkay
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
what is it, and where to get it

Dria
07-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey bkay. Its a Canadian Company with a few locations in the Maine area I think.
There is a website.
www.Herbalmagic.ca

Dria
07-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Good morning ladies.
Well wish me luck. I start my first day of work at Herbal Magic today. Im pretty excited. I will get my measurements and weigh in later today and report back. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did. Cant wait to hear from some of you.

momof5k
07-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Oooo can't wait to hear how your first day went!

sunnygal
07-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Dria - Good luck on your first day!! How exciting!!

Dria
07-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Well I stepped on my scale this morning and it said 117. Which my scale has not said since I was 18 and getting bigger getting pregnant lol. So pretty exciting morning for me.
Work was awesome. I really enjoyed my first day. Was already weighing and measuring people and doing paperwork. Fabulous.

Question
How many of you having trouble with being kinda stuck on the scale take your meds 1 hour before eating?!?! Im curious

sunnygal
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Dria - glad to hear your first day went well. Must be interesting to be on the other side.

Its interesting that you ask about results when taking the pills one hour before. I was told to take them about 1/2 hr before meals and 15 minutes at the very least.

Since you are an employee now, and have succeeded at the program, what is the recommendation? The girls at my centre don't give consistent answers.

Dria
07-21-2009, 12:41 PM
The reason I ask is because I was always told to take them 1/2 hour before eating. But I know some people are told to take them 1 hour before eating. So yesterday I asked. And was told... 15 mins to 1/2 hour is when the pills are at their prime so to speak. She says that at 15 mins it starts kinda expanding in your stomach and then after 1.2 hour its disolving already. So making sure you eat within 15- 1/2 hour is important thats when the pills will help you the most. So Im not suggesting that you all listen to me and take them 1/2 hour thats what I HAVE ALWAYS DONE though. if your ladies are telling you 1 hour before eating I honestly dont think your getting the full potential of the herbs..... just something to think about. If you are taking them 1 hour before eating maybe for a week try taking them 1/2 hour before eating and see what results you get.

momof5k
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Hmmm...this is fascinating. So glad you will be able to keep us up to date from an employee perpsective!

(I was always told 1/2 hour too)

witchie
07-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Dria, congrats on the new job! Excellent!! So funny you should ask about being "stuck" on the scale, as I am just that. I eat "by the book" and haven't had a FE in forever!! Blah!!

Dria
07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Witchie have they reccomended the fb's or the wm 4000's to help give ya a push?

witchie
07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
nope.

Dria
07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
So I went down a lb from Monday.
I am now 117.8 Monday I was 118.8
I will be starting Stab B Friday MORE FOOD YAY

Witchie I would ask about the 4000's or fb's little bit more money but first time ya buy em ya get 10% off cause its a NEW TO YOU product. BUT you will wanna buy about 3-4 bottles of it cause it can take that many to get into your system and working you should see some results before that and during that. So if ya buy a couple right off the bat ya can get a good few of them at the 10% off :)

witchie
07-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Hmmm, I probably won't buy anymore product. My goal was 115 - 120 so I am only 4.75lb away really. I think I will just keep on truckin and see what happens. I have calculated my average calories per day and I am eating between 900 and 1000 calories a day, so I'm sure the 4.75lbs will come off, just may take a while longer. No big deal, I'm in no hurry. : ) Cheers & have a great day!!

Dria
07-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I hear ya Witchie.
I went on ONE bottle of the wm-4000 right at the end there when I was hovering at 121 for a couple of days. SO because I was Featured client of the month at my centre I got one free product so we decided one bottle of that would throw me over the sticky 1 lb issue I was having... but that was only 1 lbs.... soooooooo
You are sooooooo darn close. Keep up the great work!!!! Your right keep on trucking following the diet and IT WILL come off!!!

momof5k
07-24-2009, 12:20 AM
I went for my wi today and I am down three pounds since Tuesday...and 4.25 inches. I am 1.4 pounds away from 50 pounds. :woohoo:

Still tickin' along.

chunksoflove
07-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey guys!
I'm alive!
only down 1.5lbs since i last wrote. congrats dria on making your goal and getting a job!! that is awesome!

Dria
07-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Im down again.
117.4 lbs now
I started stab B today.

I now get ALOT of food. I was so full today had trouble getting it all in but its important to get it all in!
3 Proteins
3 Starch
3 Fruits
4 Veggies
2 Dairy ( so thankful to be able to eat more cheese WAHHHHHHOOOOOO its like christmas for me)
2 fat
1 free exchange
it seriously feels like SOOO much food. Im stuffed...

Mom and Chunks Great work ladies!!! Keep on going you guys are doing it :) Mom I bet you make that 50lbs mark Monday!!!! Let me know! Chunks I have noticed how much your BMI has gone down!!! Impressive!!

loma boo
07-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone!
I know it has been a while, but I have been SO busy for some odd reason.
Awesome job on everyone's success! YOu guys really inspire me!
Went for my WI today and am down 12.2 lbs! I am well into week 5 and am so happy that I am ahead of schedule! YEAH!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

lee2lee
07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
My kids are throwing me off.... they stay up late, sleep in, and then I sleep in and that throws my routine right off. They are only 12 and 10!!! I need to get their sleeping habits back on track!!! My routine is off when they are off. I need to set my alarm to wake up the usual school hours. All this results in my eating schedule to be off to.

Finding it hard to stick to plan... all this time to socialize makes for some bad habits... need to focus. The weight is coming off, but much slower, due to my indiscretions at times. But considering what I used to eat daily and what I am eating now... I am not too worried. I set a mini goal to be down another 16 pounds by my birthday on September 20th. Keep the fingers crossed!!!

Congratulations Dria... you are a true inspiration for us to keep working towards a better and healthy lifestyle.

To all those ladies who have lost... keep it up!!!

I will focus on moving my body more... I was on my treadmill last night and I am noticing an improvement in that area as well.

take care

lee2lee

228.6/200.4/140

momof5k
07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I am back from my Monday wi and I broke the 50 pound mark!! Yahoo!

I stocked up on protein bars with my 50% off (they said that they think it goes back down to 10% for 60 pounds. How is that fair?!?) so I am set for a while.

My long range mini goal was to be in one-derland before my birthday...which isn't until November so I think I will beat that by quite a bit if things keep up as they are.

lee2lee: I hear ya about kids summer holidays throwing the schedule out of whack. My two little ones started swimming lessons today though so that gets us up and out of the house early so that may help with some consistancy here for the next few weeks.

How is everyone else? We haven't heard from some of you for a while... hope all is going well.

Here's to a great week of losses everyone!

chunksoflove
07-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks all for the support and inspiration!

I am about to go to my WI but dont want to because my scale here says i am up like 3lbs! Makes me mad. I was good all weekend. Maybe not enough water? Who knows. Anyways I'll be back shortly to let you know the outcome. :P

chunksoflove
07-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Ok, so I wasn't up 3LBS!! But I was up 3/4lbs... so that's not too bad.

No worries! Will be down Wednesday :)

YummieMummie33
07-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone
I am new to this site. I am a new mom to a 4 month old little girl and I am trying to loose the 60 yes 60 pounds I gained during my pregnancy...I admit I definalty 'ENJOYED' eating for 9 months...I joined Herbal Magic on July 17 and I am down 6lbs since then. I started Weight Watchers back in May at 233lbs and decided to make the switch and so glad I did..I am now down to 218 so its coming off..when I started Herbal I was 222..My clothes are fitting so much better and I am starting to look like my old self again..

HappyGirl
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi! Phew..summer is busy. I am finding it hard to stay on program while being on holidays. Does anyone else find it hard? I always have the best intentions and start the day off right, but then life happens. Busy taking the kids places and doing things that don't always allow for taking the herbals 15-30 min. before eating. And eating and drinking things that aren't on the program. I need to find ways to keep on track. I love the weight I've lost and am looking forward to losing more.

I think my downfall may be planning ahead. But sometimes it's just so hard... any tips you could share would be helpful.

chunksoflove
07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Yummie: Congratulations on the little girl and for taking control of your weight! I'm glad you are doing so well, keep at it. This forum is really great.

Happy: As long as you are making a habit of taking the herbals that is a good start I'd say! I have picked up on grabbing a couple protein bars and sticking them in my purse before i go out. I don't actually plan my days out in advance. I write down my food as I eat or am about to eat it. I can usually keep a pretty accurate tally in my head and not over eat... but if in doubt, I stick to veggies because they have the most allowance and I tend not to eat enough of them.

So where the HECK is everyone?

Monday and Tuesday have been 100% on program, tomorrow is measurements and weekly loss. Will report soon!

amgirl1
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
hey! i am new to this forum thing but it looks amazing! everyone is doing so great. i am just wondering how i make that tally thing at the bottom so everyone can see how im doing to? its very cute and a great idea! i am just having a hard time finding the option for it. if anyone can tell me how that would be fantastic. :) keep up the good work ladies! and i'll keep you all posted on how things are going here.. who ever said losing weight was easy!!! its a very hard process! have a great day!!!

amgirl1
07-29-2009, 12:30 PM
anyways i figured it out. i need to post more stuff for a signature or something. anyways. i started herbal magic in march i was 207.4 now im 166.6. my orignal goal is 150 but if i can make it to 145 thats be good too :) I didn't understand why people ever cheat but then i hit my first plateau at 30 lbs and now i fully understand why!!! now i am thinkin that i am plateauing again. i used the wm 4000's last time and they work great. i hope they work the same this time too! what else have people used to get over the plateau?

YummieMummie33
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much chunks of love:-) I am feeling great...My daughter will be 4 months on Friday which I cant believe and not only do i want this for myself I want to be healthy for her.
I went in today for my wi and I am done 3.8lbs!! Whoo hoo and that was after a coffee, eggs, diet bread and some watermelon for breakfast!

chunksoflove
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome amgirl! Wish I could help you with the plateau thing, but I've not been there yet! But congrats on your great successes!

Yummie: that is the best reason to lose weight I'd say! 3.8 is a really great loss! You must be so motivated.

I had my WI today, too. I lost 2.5 since Monday :) Grand total of 15.5lbs!!

The rest of the week is going to be a challenge. Niagara falls tomorrow and friday and then a pig roast on saturday!

Good luck everyone

YummieMummie33
07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks so much chunks ;-) Congrats to you too great weight loss!! I know the weekends are BRUTAL..I am thinking this long weekend is going to be a stuggle too..Wasaga Beach to our trailer and we are having family up to visit which means lots of snacks and beverages...I am PMSing big time and craving salt and sweets i am trying hard to fight it..in fact i think i am going to go to bed right now LOL

amgirl1
07-29-2009, 11:25 PM
thank you chunks! This weekend is a festival near me and they have ELEPHANT EARS!! i only ever get one (maybe 2) a year and i really really want one. but i might not have time to go which would save me a little bit but i look forward to them!! and then on monday i am hosting a jello shooter party with all snack food! i am doomed this weekend!!! not going to just eat everything and anything tho. I will try my hardest to stick to it as much as possible. but i guess everyone needs a day here and there. i will feel guilty but i need a little fun this weekend! my wi is tomorrow morning so we will see how it goes!

chunksoflove
07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Wow girlies we have some BIG CHALLENGES coming up eh?! Just stick to it. Even if you have something off-program don't count the whole day as a FAIL! Stick to the allotments as much as possible, I know it works better that way haha. Try to make a mini goal to maintain your weight over the challenges! It's better than going UP.

Yummie: I HATE when I start craving that stuff while PMSing! But I usually have a real easy drop in weight when Aunt flo is around if I stay away from the sweets.

Amgirl: Did you think of making yourself *special* jello shooters that don't have alcohol in them? We can have jello as a Free Exchange. That way you'd look like you're partaking, but no one knows the difference ;)

witchie
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Great idea on the non alcoholic jello shooters chunks! You could even use the sugar free jello! It would be funny to make ALL non alcoholic shooters and then see who gets loaded! Summer is a frenzy!! So busy!! but still here. Welcome to all newbies. The major key is Plan, Plan, Plan, the night before is the best time. Cheers & take care all.

momof5k
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
It would be funny to make ALL non alcoholic shooters and then see who gets loaded!

That cracks me up!!

I was down another 1.2 pounds yesterday and am now below 220. Yahoo!! My HM gal kept saying "you're into the teens"...you'll be below 200 in no time!

My original goal was to hit "one-derland" before my 38th birthday in November am now I am SURE I can do it!

Keep at everyone! My challenges in the next little while are: hubby and my anniversary (which usually involves a decadent dinner out somewhere) and a 10 holiday/roadtrip with the family in mid-August.

YummieMummie33
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Just got back from taking Emme swimming, I packed some baby carrots and watermelon for myself to have afterward while I fed her. I am pmsing so bad so I just had a skinny cow fudgesicle..pretty good.
Does anyone have any tips on eating out at restauarants?

momof5k
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM
When I eat out I almost always order a salad with dressing on the side.

BOR-ING!!

better life
07-30-2009, 08:14 PM
evening all....just wanted to pop in and shout out a BIG HELLO....I have hit a plateau and cannot seem to get off of it, I weigh tomorrow...so we will see how that goes.

sounds like everyone is doing great...keep up the great work!!

YummieMummie33
07-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Ya I figure the salad is the safest bet..i just hate using salad dressing as my free exchange..wi tomorrow and then off to the trailer for the long weekend!!!

amgirl1
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
i might actually do the non alcoholic ones :) its a great idea! i'll take lots of sugar blockers if i can't and only eat the fat free jello ones. leave the not fat free ones for everyone else! its alot of planning and there is going to be really great food (that isn't all great for me) but i will follow the plan for the day and hope for the best in the evening. im makin some things myself so i know how much i can eat of it and everything. going to try my best. Sadly i haven't been planning very well lately and i think that has a lot to do with my plateau right now. went up a tad this afternoon still under the forty pound mark tho. I gotta get motivated again. When i hit a plateau i find it hard to keep on track. but once i get back on track everything starts rolling again.
I actually work at a restaurant. And depending on where you go its not all bad. stay away from deep friend stuff. ask a few questions and know what you can have and what you can. Waitresses don't mind answering questions about the food. (ive been doin it only for 2 years but i love it) Burgers aren't a great idea because most are held together with salt and stuff. chicken is normally ok. like a grilled chicken or something. i take the pamphlet you can get at your location the key to dining out thinger and i take it to get an idea. But in the end salad seems to be easiest. i normally don't get any dressing and just eat it by itself. Remember : The longer your look at the menu the more likely you are to make a wrong choice! So be quick :) i'll be back soon ladies! have a great weekend!

witchie
07-31-2009, 07:34 AM
I find the best and easiest place to eat at is where the serve stirfrys. Just order yours without sauce, rice or noodles. Then you get your pro, and all your veggies in, and it sure beats a plain old salad.....Have a fab day everyone! Cheers!!

chunksoflove
08-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Wow witchie you are getting really close to your goal you must be excited!!

momo: happy anniversary! and congrats on the 50lbs! I can't wait til I am in the 220s. Onederland is just around the corner for you!

Yummie: Great job on the carrots/watermelon! I absolutely LOVE skinny cows especially the vanilla sandwhich one mmm mmm.

Betterlife: Oooh no not a plateau :( Keep up with the determination and you will buzz right by it. Good luck at WI. Let us know how it goes.

amgirl: i am the same way... even tho I haven't really hit a plateau, i know what you mean when it is hard to stay on track. But when it's good, it's GREAT isn't it??

So I just got back from 2 days in Niagara Falls. I tried my best to make good choices, but it seems anywhere we went was all DEEP FRIED CRAP. Tonight at a restaurant we were at it actually COST MORE to get a side salad instead of fries. WTF??? Anyways, my WI isn't until Wednesday so I am trying to keep on track for the next 4 days. Pig roast tomorrow :S

amgirl1
08-02-2009, 12:24 AM
good luck chunks. i ate the elephant ear(funnel cake thinger)! it was fantastic. i took sugar blockers and fat blockers so i hope that helps. im staying 100% on track tomorrow. but monday will be the kicker due to the jello shooter party that i have been planning all week. going to make them tomorrow. trying some new fun things! alot of the food is snack foods though which is awful and i have no self control when drinking!!! we will see!

bride2b
08-02-2009, 11:52 AM
hey Everyone!! soo i dont know if anyone posts here, and i know its been since the beginning of June for me, But i just thought id share that I DID IT!! Iv hit my goal and have lost over 50 lbs before my wedding!!! Im Gunna be standing at that alter 178lbs from 230lbs! My seamstress hates me but i luv it!! Dont give uo Ladies!! xoxox

amgirl1
08-03-2009, 10:36 AM
congratulations bridge!!! way to go! i hope you have a wonderful wedding!!! congrats again! :)

YummieMummie33
08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
OMG I ate everything this weekend at the trailer :-( I was so BADD! We had a big family get together up there which was so much fun, the weather was perfect but the food...I ate steak, potatoes, chips, chocolate, cake, nachos, dip, burger, fries...then there was the wine and the coolers...oh boy not looking forward to going to weigh in on Wed..it was a terrible weekend for Herbal...sooo today I got back on track after binging all weekend. I feel so guilty and I hate feeling like that.

momof5k
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Yummie...most of us have had those moments. Just shake it off and keep going!

Where is everyone else? Still enjoying their long weekend perhaps? :)

I weighed in today...expecting no movement as it is TOM and the scale at home has been stubbornly stuck (as usual this time of month) but instead I lost 1.4 pounds.

Not a lot but more than I expected so I'll take it! I missed my measurements last week so I'll likely wait until Friday so I'll get two weeks difference.

How is everyone else?

chunksoflove
08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey guys!

I ALSO had ate like everything in sight this long weekend. WI is tomorrow... not looking forward to it. BUT O WELL.

amgirl1
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
i had a bad weekend too! my jello shooter party went well! i ate everything i could though. and i had an elephant ear on saturday. so it was just a rough weekend. went to wi yesterday and gained 5 pounds!!! i was freaking out but jen told me it is mostly water and it will be gone in a few days! just in time for my time of month so i can retain more water!!! so the scale won't look very nice until next week but that was the choice i made. i gotta live with it :) o well hopefully my body kicks it into overdrive now! i felt guilty as well though! just gotta be more strict now thats all!

witchie
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, I have been out of town twice in 10 days, had to endure two BBQ get togethers, and a long weekend, and I refuse to cheat! Its not easy, but its working......almost there. Yipeeeeeee!

amgirl1
08-05-2009, 12:49 PM
way to go!!! i used to be able to do that. but i go thru spirts i guess... its awful... im going in today for another weigh in. and i have to stick to it. i only have like 20 pounds to go and then im done! i just gotta remember that. its when the scale stops movin i start cheating! its awful! next week if (after this water retention thing) the scale isn't down to 165 or 164 i am going to take the 4000's i bought a while back to get a boost. i gotta stay with it but its hard working in a restaurant and i have very unpredictable days! its harder now too that people think i shouldn't lose anymore and should stay where i am. i find that there are less people behind me now than before because they think i will look like i twig :( Its my goal to get to 150. and that is my ideal weight and i really want to do it. I'll just have to listen to the ones who are still pushin me to finish i guess! this is a big thing for me to do. ive never acomplished anything like this before!

YummieMummie33
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Well I dont know how I did it but I just went for my wi and I somehow lost 1.6!! I am totally shocked..not sure how that happened after a brutal long weekend of eating! Oh well I will take it. Good work ladies, keep it up!

AMGirl..dont let other people pull you down, I found the same thing happend to me when I was dieting for my wedding people would say dont loose anymore and I found it hard too because close friends were not very supportive..I realize now it was out of jealousy and there own issues that they could not let themselves be happy for me...try not to let them get to you, u are doing amazing! You are almost there :-)

amgirl1
08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
thank you yummie! that makes me feel alot better!!! im just glad that my boyfriend and mom and dad are still supportive. even my 3 best friends are still helpful its some other family and people i work with and stuff... i just really want to do this for me and i guess that is what matters right??? i have until october 13th!! I know i can do it i just gotta push myself again.

YummieMummie33
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Amgirl you are so close, keep it up!

Dria
08-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Oh my goodness ladies where do I even start...... I need some time to get everything out to you guys but I need more then 3 minutes to do it. Life has been super hectic. Im starting stab c tomorrow and still sitting around the 118 mark :)
Ill catch you all up very soon. Great job to those of us who have made goal... are a few mere lbs away from goal or just starting. Lets keep our heads on this summer and kick some butt!!!

amgirl1
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
so i went to wi yesterday after my awful one on tuesday and was down 4 pounds thank goodness. and today i was down another 1.8 pounds! so i lost all the weight from the weekend and more! woohoo! not sure how i did it but i am happy about it that is all.. i have another bbq this weekend with my family but no drinkin or anything so i will stick to it much better! my next wi is monday. i hope it is as nice as today was! :) I am so excited that things are moving again! i will let you ladies kno how this weekend goes after my weigh in on monday! have a great weekend! and stick to it! :p

momof5k
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
witchie: you are SO close! WTG!

amgirl1
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
hi!!! i made it thru the weekend! im down to 165.2!!! yay! its exciting and things are moving again! time is crunchin down and only 15.2 pounds to go! hope all is well for everyone!

YummieMummie33
08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
i was bad again..i dont know what is wrong with me i keep cheating on the weekend...i went to wi and i was up 2lbs...gotta get them off for Wed then my husband and I are heading to the trailer until Sunday..which means i dont go to the center until next monday..this could be bad!!

sunnygal
08-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Where is everyone? I have been away for the last couple of weeks and thought I'd be coming back to tons of reading but it seems pretty quiet!

I finally broke the 10lb mark! It took a looong time, but I just find it so hard to stick to the program during the summer. Too many social occasions, no real schedule etc.

I've been up and down, up and down. But today I went into the centre and was down 3 lbs from my last visit, about 2 weeks ago. Yay! Not bad considering I haven't been following the program, taking my pills, drinking my water. Hopefully this will motivate me to get back on track.

Good luck to everyone who's close to their goal...WTG

yummiemummie: If you are really keen on weighing in on Friday, there is a HM in Wasaga Beach that you can weigh in at and they will call your centre with the info. Just thought I'd let you know since you mentioned that you have a trailer up there.

amgirl1
08-11-2009, 10:59 PM
yummie: i know how you feel! i do that mostly when im stuck. what i try to do before i leave to go anywhere i portion things out with lots of veggie sticks so i can snack on them... i don't know if that will help you but i know in moments of relaxing and stuff i minch on baaaddd food...
sunny gal: if you stick to everything, right now you will lose weight quicker. i know its alot harder in the summer. i've figured that out as well... but at the beginnin is when you should push to stick to it the most cuz it will make it that much easier at the end... weight will fall off you until about 25 pounds then it gets even harder. i really hope it is different for you than it was for me and i wish you the best of luck!
i started takin the wm-4000's cuz i was lookin thru my food diary and i've been stuck around the 166 mark for about a month so i decided its time for a boost. I was at 165.2 still today so my goal for tomorrow is 164.9.... its a small goal but it is attainable.. i'll let you all know tomorrow how everything is going! have a great day!

YummieMummie33
08-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks ladies, I went in today and I am down the 2lbs i gained over the weekend...i am planning to stay right on track while I am on vacay...we are leaving this afternoon and will be back Sun...
Sunny girl will they give me my B6 B12 if I go in there on Friday?? I think I might do that, I think it will help keep me on track.
Have a great week and weekend everyone..happy dieting ;-)

HappyGirl
08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Ladies,

Seems to be a common theme here...hard to stay on program during the summer. I totally agree! Especially on the weekends with get togethers, bbq's, etc. You cheat a little here and a little (or alot!) there and before you know it a few weeks have gone by and you haven't lost any weight and have maybe gained a little.

So, how do we get back on track? I think the staff at our local HM centers should be giving us the motivation to do just that. Remind us of how much we want to do this, the $$ we're investing in the product, etc. Then it's up to us to really sit down and reflect just why we started this journey. For most of us this is something that we've wanted for a long time and have now had the courage to finally do something about it instead of just talking about it. So, now we've started this journey and need motivation and support to keep going down this amazing road. When I stop and think about the weight loss I've already achieved it is an amazing feeling. If I can just tap into that when I feel a cheat coming it will help. And planning, planning, planning is key. I need to do that to keep me on track.

So, my goal this week is a 3lb loss. I feel focused and ready to reach my mini-goal!

What is everyone else doing to keep themselves motivated?

amgirl1
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
to stay motivated i buy a cheap pair of pants one size smaller :) it works! i started in a size 15 and now can almost sqeeze into a size 7!!! its great! I also lose motivation sometimes so i tell my boyfriend and he keeps tellin me to keep going... I find that when i'm alone i could eat anything its when someone is watchin me i can control myself! So now if i feel like cheating i close the cupboards and walk away and go outside and stay busy... Today my centre gave me a ribbon the same length as all the inches i have lost and i find that very interesting.. i just keep looking at it... i haven't lost as many inches as weight but i am ok with that.. 26 1/2 inches is alot when its all on a ribbon!!! and im still at 165.2 but that is a whole 42 pounds from when i started! i think everyone needs to keep talkin to others when they run into problems it helps alot. friends and family are the best motivators and just look back from how far you've come and how close you are to where you want to be!!! GOOD LUCK LADIES!! I weigh in on friday! i hope i see some results!

sunnygal
08-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Ladies,

I guess we're all in the same boat and dealing with the same issues. Trying to stay motivated is tough and I guess each of us has to do whatever works for us.

amgirl, I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that are a size smaller than what I wear now that I've kept because I thought, actually I KNEW, I'd be wearing them again. I keep a pair of jeans hanging on the closet door and try them on every now and then. That's how I see results and that's what keeps me going.

I remember hearing once that "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". When I'm losing and feeling good, that's what I keep telling myself when I'm faced with temptation.

yummie: The centre in Wasaga will give you your pills too.

countrygyrl
08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I am new here and hoping you guys can help me out. I have been on the program since March 20th, 2009 and I am very near my goal. I have moved to an acreage and don't have a centre anywhere near me. On my last visit I was told that I needed to go on the Maintenance program or purchase additional weight loss weeks. At this time because of the expense of moving and everything else I can not afford to purchase the supplements anymore. When I told them this, they were not very happy with me and it's unfortunate but there is nothing I can do to change it. I appreciate them for everything this program did for me, after all I have lost 30 pounds because of it so I will certainly not knock it. On my last visit they gave me the plan for my first two weeks of stabilization, which is to add an extra fruit into it. Can anyone please help me by telling me what the next two steps of stabilization are so that I can continue with the program even though I can't make it into a centre? Thank you so much for any help you can offer me. I know it may be posted somewhere here already but I searched for it and couldn't find it.

momof5k
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Welcome countrygyrl! No help here though as maintenance is still a way off for me :( Congrats on reaching your goal though!

countrygyrl
08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you. I'm not quite there yet, I still want to lose another 6 pounds just because I would rather fluctuate between 125 and 130 then 130 and 135. I am happy where I am but there is just something about being and staying below 130 that I like. I have been reading a lot of posts and you guys are very supportive. Seems like a nice place to be.

momof5k
08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Well ladies. My wi today brought me down another 2 pounds since Monday and my total to 57 pounds. Yahoo!

We are leaving for a vacation tomorrow though so living on the road, staying in hotels and eating out for the next 10 days could be brutal!!

Have a great week and I'll "talk" to you all when we return. Hopefully we will hear from some lost chicks in the meantime and..

Keep On Losing Gals!!!

sunnygal
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome countrygyrl. Way to go...you're doing so well!

If you look at past posts by Dria, you may find the info that you're looking for. Check out her post on July 25 where she lists the foods that she's allowed. Hope it helps.

Dria
08-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies still just not enough time to post. But thought I better make a quick stop in.

Congrats for all the hard work you have all been doing during the summer months. Its not easy but cheaper in the long run to stay on track :) lol yes yes it sucks but its not your last summer There will be a hot dog or smore when your through weight loss and stabs and mait lol Someday.... LOL

Stab A you may add (on top of your normal food intake)
1 more starch
1 more fruit
Best to add a LIGHT starch for your third one. popcorn, graham crackers, baby cookies.... Do this stab for 2 weeks time

Stab b ( on top of the normal food intake + stab 1 plus now stab b) LOTS OF FOOD LOL
add another protein
Add another dairy.
Add another veggie

Stab C Add to food your already allowed
Total food instake if you were on the QLP 1 Program
2 Protein
2 Starch
2 fruit
3 veggies
1 dairy
2 fats
1 free exchange.....

You can now on stab c be up to
3 Protein
4 starch
4 fruits
4 veggies 2 dairy
2 fats
1 free exchange.

Dria
08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
ALso wanted to add......
You ladies may be seeing me in your centers very soon :):):)
More info to come :)

YummieMummie33
08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Well i had a great time on my vacation...however I was a very bad girl I did not follow plan. It was really hard being surronded by all that food...we bbq almost every night, went for ice cream a couple times, indulged in a few coolers and well payed the price by gaining 3 lbs..I actually expected it to be a lot worse. My goal for this week is to get that 3lbs off this week, hopefully by Wed..wish me luck;-)

witchie
08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey girls, just checkin in. Summer is sooooooo busy, is it not? Just got back from a 4 day trip to Toronto, and stayed on track!! Went in for weigh in and remain the same. Keep on going everyone, your doing so well! But let me just say this....I've learned that summer or not, there will always be an excuse to cheat. Someones birthday, wedding, camping, tournaments, etc, etc, etc. It takes real will power, determination and PLANNING, to stay on track, its hard, but it works!! I packed all my food for my trip in a cooler, and planned EVERY meal, where we would eat, and what I would eat, and it works!! I'm tellin' ya ladies the key is PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! If I didn't plan out my days, I would be stuck staring at some menu wondering... now what the **** do I eat? Perfect scenerio for a bad choice. Anyway, keep on truckin girlies, one day at a time, you'll make it.

Dria
08-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree Witchie!!!
After summer.... is thansgiving..... halloween..... Christmas..... etc its always something. This diet isnt about being restricted its about making the right choices...... MODERATION and portion size.
Can we always stay 100% on track no sometimes it is hard if we cant pre-plan things in life happen but its up to us to do this FOR US!!!! No one else cares how big your butt is.. or isnt...... or what size jeans were in. This is our program for us. Some of us do it for health. So going off track cause of a BBQ or camping etc..... well.. its not hurting anyone but ourselves.
A cheat here or there no biggie.... but your doing it for you so DO IT!!! lol
And remember this diet is ONLY for weight loss this isnt forever. You DO GET FOODS BACK!!!
DO they ever give you 2 free exchanges no....... but thats because for a healthy lifestyle well cake and such isnt included. It doesnt mean you can never ever have an ice cream cone... or a bad meal from Mcdonalds etc..... but its about MODERATION
Keep motivated ladies. Remember WHY your doing this.....

Dria
08-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Thought I would share the link to my other post about reaching goal......
Here tis. My Journey
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/176334-56-6-lbs-lost-exceeded-weight-loss-goal.html

witchie
08-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Looking fabulous Dria, keep up the good work!! I'm one pound away, I may just cut off a foot and be done with it. lol

Dria
08-21-2009, 09:25 PM
LOL oh Witchie!!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Cut out the free Exchange for a few days!!! lol ( HEY ITS WAY LESS INVASIVE then the foot cutting method LOL)
I know Im a meanie!

witchie
08-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I haven't had a FE for weeks now!! Even the chocolate colored poodle next door is looking yummy!!

better life
08-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi ladies...yes I am still around and 20lbs lighter with 39.75 inches GONE!!

It has been one crazy busy summer....and I never get here...but I am still plucking along, it was 2 months Thursday that I started Herbal One.

I can say that it hasn't been all easy...would be lying, it has been tough but I am not willing to give in or give up, alot of people at work are starting to notice and comment on my loss...and it feels sooooo good!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

lee2lee
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
:carrot::dizzy: I am pleased to announce that I have officially reached onederland!!!! But the problem is I am slipping up, My mind is thinking hey I lost 32.4 pounds and for me that is an amazing accomplishment since I am the queen of food.. so hey I can slip a bit. I have been extremely busy with last minute outings with the kids, running the kids to this camp, that camp, this week especially is extremely busy with lots of hockey camps for my girls, swimming lessons, riding lessons, pool party, 50th wedding anniversary dinner this weekend coming up, me working, hubby working... man I need to breathe!!! Can't wait for this week to be done!!! Needless to say it is hard with less food, and having a tough time planning out meals.

I have been on HM since April 20/2009 which is 18 weeks and I have lost 32.4 pounds... and 30 something inches.. 4 pounds short of my 36 I am supposed to loose, which to me is amazing, everywhere I go people who have not seen me says I look great, so to me that is important not what the ladies at herbal magic tell me... oh you are only down 0.8 from last Monday that is a little slow. I know that that is their job to make sure we stay on track so when losses slow later on we can march through this, but come on I paid thousands of dollars to be on this and I am still paying let me go at my pace.

Exercise... with less food, how can my body sustain its metabolism?? I am on 2 proteins, 2 fruits, 3 veggies, 1 dairy, 2 fats, 1free x, 2starches, you can not tell me that is more than 1000 calories??? SO if I exercised and burned 200 or 300 calories or so I am existing on 700-800 calories... what happens when you are done all this and more food is added back??? Just my mind working that is all.

Anyways sorry to rant, I am a little pissed with my center right now. I am glad everyone is doing well.. I have missed pages of posts so I won't read yet to catch up, Dria how is maintenance going???

lee2lee

228.6/196.4/140

Albertachickie
08-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone!!
I've been reading your posts for a little while now and have decided to join in. I have been on Herbal Magic since May 05/09 weighing in at 221 lbs. At my last Weigh In I was at 191.6 (29.4 lbs and 34.25 inches lost). It seems like I have been hovering the 28-30lb mark FOREVER! I'm losing my motivation! I WANT and NEED to lose this weight but lately been having a really tough time. I'm dreading going to my weigh in today, as we just got back from camping and unfortunately my self control ran away with itself. UUUGGHH!

MicheleR
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey everyone! Welcome to the group Alberta!

Haven't posted in a while but have kept up how everyone is doing... who knew summer could be such a struggle haha I've been hovering around 38 lbs lost and can't seem to break the 40lb mark myself so I understand how frustrated some of you are. Desperatley wanting to lose the last ten lbs to my goal and make it to stab, don't know how you got through the last 10lbs Dria but congrats on your journey so far!

Last time I was in I decided to get the WM4000s and got about 3 days into them but then my body decided it was prime time to get sick. Due to meds I have been off all products for about a week now, another 5 days to go til I go back on. Oh well, at least I'm getting my sickness over with now instead of the first week back to school (is summer really already almost over?!)

Hope everyone gets back into the swing of things soon so we can all chat about how awesome it feels to reach our goal. I know I am suffering from lack of routine so we'll see how it goes when I start work again!

Good luck and happy planning to everyone!

MicheleR
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Oh.. quick question about inch loss. I was told that inches and pounds often end up being close to one another but I seem to be a little off with 53.5 inches gone but only 38 lbs lost. Is anyone else in the same boat (aside from better life?)

Better life: Are you exercising regulary? Wondering how much of a difference that makes in the comparison...

Dria
08-24-2009, 06:07 PM
CONGRATS ON ALL THE LOSES!!!!! What a bunch of LOSERS you are!!!! And this is the only time is acceptable to be called one lol.
I am so proud of you ladies for Making onederland!!! SO SO SO PROUD!!!!
Lee The reason they will be on your case is because if you dont do it week by week 2lbs at least... or 1 lbs one week and 3 or 4 the next to catch up you fall behind which means as your goal comes closer if you dont catch up you have to pay for more weight loss weeks......
Its in the contract to buy more weightloss weeks is 15 bucks per extra week you need to make your goal. BUT FEAR NOT
Sometimes they have weight loss week sales.... so as you get closer to your goal you can
A - Decide your happy with your accomplishment and stay where you are then
or MAYBE get a sale at 10 bucks per weightloss week to try for a few more lbs.
Some people are seriously anti buying more weeks but I am in the same mind frame as you. Its your money you are spending you know if you dont do it on time it might cost more so back off lol
Lee YES you DO get more food back. The diet part is STRICTLY for weight loss results.
As you stab and mait you get more and more food back. I got stuck on stab b food plan because the stab c is just WAY too much food for me.
I am staying between 116 lbs and 118. SO IM happy!!!!
I find it easy maintaining just dont get in the mind frame that I hit GOAL so now I can have what I want or you slip back into the old ways that got us there in the first place.

You keep your chin up. The weight loss diet aspect is designed to work without any exercise so if your burning yourself out take it easy and relax. The diet and supplements are enough to keep you losing. Toning comes closer to goal!!!! Your doing so well!!! Keep preplanning meals to take with you as best as you can!!!

Alberta Welcome! SO happy to see you post, all the ladies here are here to help support and motivate and sometimes grumble if needed!!!
If you have a lil slip of a weekend no worries just get back on track and keep going 1-4 lbs up after a weekend is no reason for our diet to be thrown out the window just get back on the diet and move forward!!!

Dria
08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Michele You were typing as I was lol

Inches can by far out number our lbs. And theres nothing wrong with that. We should actually measure our success in inches more so then lbs. Cause as long as inches go clothes fit better!!! ANd I think we would have way more healthy people if they didnt stress over scale numbers Rather how our clothes are. If you get to the size ya like and they fit good thats awesome. When they get snug its time to get on the bandwagon and smartin up!!!
My inches outnumber my lbs as well!!!

keep on!!! The 10 lbs are so darn hard but with determination you can and will!!!!

Albertachickie
08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
So I bit the bullet and went in for my weigh in, I was up 5 whole pounds! OMG! Now my girls want me to do daily visits until I'm back on track. My last weigh in was on Friday at 9 am before I had eaten anything, and today I went in at 6 pm after supper. I think that makes a huge difference. Do you ladies try to go for your weigh in at the same time everyday?

MicheleR
08-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks Dria.. currently battling with myself to determine whether my goal weight is what I actually want it to be. Going to be having to buy more weeks since the last month has been brutal, especially with having to go off the supplements. Original goal of 160 but I'm not sure I'll be happy with that Having an inner battle as to what I would need to be in order to be happy... feeling okay between a 9-10 but not great. Also finding that I need to do some major toning lol

Decided to add some excitment to my exercise life and started using a Skip It on my weight training days... don't know how I didn't break bones using that thing when I was younger! It's all good til you lose your momentum and try to break your ankle haha

Alberta - I usually try to weigh in the same time each week although sometimes I am not successful as my clinic is about an hour away... I do find that it can make a huge difference though! I also found that sometimes a gain (or limited loss) really helped me get my head back into the game and my diet back on track - best of luck!

momof5k
08-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Welcome Alberta! MicheleR good to hear from you again :)

Well, I am back from holidays. We did a crazy road trip to the west coast and back and spent 9 days sleeping in hotels and eating nothing but restaurant food. Needless to say, staying on plan was tough.

I did my best to make good food choices while we were away and still drank all my water (and usually then some) but was still a little concerned about my weigh in today.

I am pretty sure I am carrying some extra water weight as one of the things my hubby and I often do while driving on these roads trips is eat sunflower seeds (oy! salt anyone?!?) and (this may be too much information but...) I don't poop well away from home so... You get my drift.

I went tonight on my way to a gathering and the scale showed a .2 loss. Not bad considering the last week+ and the fact that I went in much later in the day than I had been going in. Yes, Alberta I definitely know that the time of day I go in can make a fairly big difference in the numbers on the scale but I can't always get there at the same time of day as I live outside the city and try not to make any "special" trips in.

Being back at home will make it easier to plan my meals again and will also get me back on the treadmill so hopefully I'll see those numbers moving more later in the week.

Dria, thanks for all the info you are able to share! You personal experience and now professional knowledge is so helpful!

Dria
08-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Momof5k Id say you did rather well given what your saying about your trip!!! It might still catch up with ya..... it might not everyones body is different if I have a wowzer meaning trying a new thing on mait it sometimes takes 2-4 days to catch up with me. But it doesnt always :)

Weigh in time is important. Being in around the same time everyday is something that really can make the difference I used to be a first thing in the morning weigh in..... The last 2-3 lbs before goal I had to go in after a no snack afternoon and little water cause I got most of it in in the morning... Come 6pm (before eating supper) became my best weigh in.
Now my best weigh in is late morning. Right before I go for lunch. SO once you find a good time... stick with it. It might change a couple of times but you can figure that out pretty easy.

Albertachickie
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Momof 5k- I'd have to agree with Dria in that you did awesome while you were away! Good Job!

MicheleR- You are so right. Now that I had a bit of a gain, I feel so much more motiviated. I CAN do this!

Went to my W/I this morning and I was down 2.8. I *knew* my 5 lb gain wasn't as bad as it seemed! Lastnight a friend and I did an hour of water aerobics. Man I love that!
What does everyone do for exercise? If any? I know they tell you that you don't have to exercise, but I really feel like I need to "UP" my game!

MicheleR
08-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Mom of 5: Glad to hear the trip went went and a big congratulations for still having a loss! Restauruant eating can be dreadful sometimes!

Alberta: I have to admit I slacked off on exercise most of the summer (except for yard work and golf games!) but I did try to get back to my routine a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I started on a Sunday and was sick on the Monday haha.

trying to get back into it now... here's my plan:

1 hr treadmill - 5min run, 1 min walk rotation about 4-4.25 miles - going to try to do this at least 3 times a week

Weight training - bicep curls, side bends, tricep pushups, lateral rises, situps (front and sides) - try to get in 3 sets of 20 and use 10lbs weights for everything except the lateral rise... only 5 for it. Also throwing some Skip it in for fun bursts of cardio (333 rotations per set). Trying to do this everyday I don't hit the treadmill but kinda depends on the week. Didn't do arms today since I went golfing and trimmed hedges for 3 hours - talk about sore forearms!!

Not sure how much of a difference it will make - may limit the weight loss but will help for the toning hopefully, since I am definitely feeling flabby lol

Hope everyone else had a successful time at weigh ins this past week!

momof5k
08-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Update to my post-vacation weigh in: stopped into the center tonight and I lost 2 pounds...since yesterday! That's more like it! Now I am .6 pounds away from 60! :woohoo:

Albertachickie
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow MicheleR! Good for you! I hear you on the flabbiness thing!! My arms are so flabby, maybe I should incorporate some weight lifting. I like doing "exercises" that are fun. I think I'll go get a Skip It. I haven't done that in years! I'll probably end up killing myself! LOL! I'm thinking about getting one of those mini rebounder trampoline things, that way I can bounce away while watching some TV but I'm a little worried that it will become just another kids toy!
Right now I'm doing an hour of water aerobics 3 times a week. Walking the dog 3 miles every morning and 3 times a week walking another 3 miles on the treadmill. I also have an elliptical that doesn't get used at all.

Anyways I am down another 0.4 lbs from yesterday. For a total of 3.2 so far this week.

Way to go momof5k! Nothing like a big drop to make your day! I can't wait until I'm close to the 60lb mark. 29 more to go for me!

amgirl1
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
wow i have missed alot!!! i am down to 163 now! only 13 pounds to go and let me tell you this is the hardest part doing im so close but so far away. Here i thought my parents were supportive and they decided to tell me that i should quit losing now because it might be too much...I want to get to my goal. it will just be a great accomplishment. i started tryin to catch up on the replies but couldn't stay focused.. i have to go wi after im done work at 5. I am alittle opposite than some of you. i have lost 44.4 lbs and about 23 inches or something? is that normal? i see most of you have lost wayyy more inches than pounds but my upper half was never very big.. it was my thighs and bum that i could tell were too big... now i look fitter but i still don't seem to lose very many inches... today is measuring day an di didn't get measured last week so it will be for two weeks. we will see how that goes.. i hope everyone sticks to it.. cuz as said before we are only hurting ourselves if we cheat!! good luck ladies and i will try to get on more often so i don't far so fall behind on everything!!!

amgirl1
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
well i finally get a ticker!!! :) i figured it out. i was down 0.6 yesterday so im at exaclt 45 lbs lost.. 12.4 to go! im sick today so eating is hard.. i don't feel like doing anything actually.. its this crazy cold that is going around.. i called in sick for my second job tonight.. its the first time in my life that i have called in sick but i don't think workin in a restaurant sick is a good idea... anyways i hope everyone is stickin to it and getting closed to their goals!!! ttyl

Albertachickie
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Great Job amgirl1! You're so close! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Went in for my weigh in today and am down a pound! YAY ME! I'm officially in the 180's :)

Albertachickie
08-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I joined a gym today! The gym I joined has a running track, swimming pool and of course the gym area!! I am totally excited!

momof5k
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Yay Alberta for joining the gym! I wish we had a pool near here :(

I went for weigh in today and only lost .6 pounds (TOM came today so that usually slows me down a little for a few days) but I made it to the 60 pound mark! Yahoo!

You know what the crapping thing is though? There is no magnet for 60 pounds! I mean, come on! 60 is even more exciting than 50 but...that's it!

That sucks :( I'm just saying. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Albertachickie
08-29-2009, 12:30 AM
momof5k- Congrats on hitting 60 lbs. Awesome Work! What amount of weight loss do you have to hit before they start giving magnets? I want a magnet!!

Went to my first gym workout tonight. It was kind of lame because I didn't really know how to work the equipment, but I got in some time on the treadmill, elliptical, and rower. Also walked a few laps around the track.

At my weigh in today I was up almost 2 lbs. WTF is with that? I was so so so good. No cheating or nothing! The only thing I can think of it's TOM for me too. Hoping that is it. I usually don't lose, but have never gained 2lbs because of it. Crossing my fingers! My girl wants to put me on WM4000, any experience with those??

Dria
08-29-2009, 09:19 AM
AlbertaChickie-Your likely up because of the exercise. When we exercise and work muscles that are not used to working. We actually retain MORE water IN the muscles. The water goes to the areas we worked and fills in the stretched areas with water. BUT your right it can also be because of TOM theres no doubt
The magnets were always my favorite part!!! They have said the magnets are only going to be used now til we run out. :( No more magnets if your center runs out thats it thats all. HOWEVER Chin up. I dont know if thats only the manitoba centers or all across Canada. I think its all the centers across canada. Fear not they have said that something special is coming instead for the milestones so its a wait and see thing. I have taken the 4000's but what you need to know is you need to take a minimum of 3-4 bottles to see results. It is a herb that takes a bit of time to get into the system and start to really work. But they do work. IF your 100% compliant. Cant get the mentality that because your on them you can have this cheat or that cheat.
Congrats Momof5k On hitting 60 lbs!!! Its no small task doing so!!! Cant wait for a picture or two of 60lbs GONE!!!!

Albertachickie
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info Dria. I'm going to wait to see what the scale shows Monday, and if nothing is happening I'll probably go ahead with the 4000's.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

better life
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey ladies...went for WI, was up 1/2lb....very discouraging for me, and I did eat S**T that I shouldn't have since then. Damned scales...I don't know why I let it get to me but I did...have been so good and to get on and be up is very upsetting.....moving on though and hoping I can redeem myself before I weigh Wednesday.

momof5k
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
better life: Try not to let the scales bum you out too much. They are so subjective (time of day, time of the month, what have you eated?, when did you pee last?) that an hour can make a difference.

That being said, I weigh myself nearly everytime I am in the bathroom but, for me, this just proves to me how much my weight fluctuates throughout any given day so when I have the odd crappy wi at the centre, it doesn't freak me out.

As long as I see a general dowward trend, I'm pleased. Keeping that, and your measurements in mind, can help keep you from getting too worried.

Keep at it!

better life
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Mom....it just really upset me...that and the fact that I went to Wonderland with the family Friday and the rep from the center automatically assumed that I had cheated, the first thing she asked me when I was up .5lb was...WHAT DID YOU EAT AT WONDERLAND?? I was pissed...had not eaten anything that I wasn't supposed to, took my own food and watched everyone else eat what I wasn't....heck if I wanted to cheat I would have eaten that MASSIVE cookie ice cream sandwich....she really upset me..how dare she accuse me of cheating....so what did I do...come home and cheat....STUPID *****...I don't like her much to begin with.

Anyway...moving on. New day tomorrow and on with it.

Planning a trip in March with my husband...thinking Cuba....cannot wait!! I should be at my goal weight 1 month before we leave!! Gives me something to really work towards!!

Any suggestions ladies for places to go?? I have only ever been to Cuba once and I loved it, would love to go back there again but it is 1700+ PP....and I would like to keep the costs around 1000 each if possible...if not cheaper...but I don't want to stay in a RAT whole either....LOL

Albertachickie
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey ladies!

I had a very successful weigh in today! I was down 2.6 pounds from Friday and 5 lbs for the week! I was shocked! I guess that cardio at the gym is paying off.

Betterlife- I would've been upset too. Especially since you went out of your way to make sure you didn't cheat. Keep your head up girl! Don't let her get to you. There's a girl at my center that I don't care for much either....everytime I get her I swear silently to myself!

Anyways here's hoping everyone has a successful week!

better life
09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Alberta...WTG on the loss!! Thanks for your support!!

Ladies I have to confess I am having a VERY hard time staying on the straight and narrow....was doing well till I got home from work and it has been **** from there. I really need to pull myself together and refocus...I weigh tomorrow afternoon...so I am hoping it isn't too bad....back on that horse tomorrow.

Sorry to keep whining but I need someone to vent to.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Albertachickie
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks Betterlife!
A week ago I was in the same position. I desperately wanted to lose weight but I just couldn't be bothered. I went for my weigh in on a Monday and had gained 5 lbs from the weekend alone. That was enough for me to get my head back into the game. I gave myself a peptalk & decided enough was enough. Losing weight is not easy and here I was undoing all that hard work. In the back of my head I knew that if I give into myself anymore my weight loss journey would be over. The biggest thing that gets me back on the horse and keeps me on the straight and narrow is my daughter. She's 18 months old and I feel like she's missing out on alot because I'm too lazy or too tired. So before I take a bite of that french fry or chocolate bar I think about the mom I want to be. But like you said, back on the horse tomorrow! It's a new day! Good luck at your weigh in, be sure to let us know how it goes!

witchie
09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Yay, everyone is doing so well. Keep it up girlies!! Wooot!!

Albertachickie
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Went to my weigh in this morning and I was down 1.6 and 2 inches. I also got moved to QLP. Wish me luck with less food! LOL

YummieMummie33
09-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone sorry i have not been around lately..i have a 5 month old who is keeping me on my toes these days..she has mastered rolling over so my day is spent keeping her from rolling her way to the front door lol...any ways last week i had a crappy week threw my back out which is no excuse to cheat but I did..any ways I am back on track this week and have lost 5lbs so far so lost what i gained and some..i dont know what my problem is but lately my head has just not been in it, I know i have to smarten up and I think with September coming I am hoping to get more motivated...each day is a struggle just have to keep my head in the game.

better life
09-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Way to go Losers!!

I went to WI and was down 1.5 lbs........YEAH!!!!! Felt great!! I also voiced my opinion to the owner....I think she needs to know how her employee makes people feel when they have a gain...she didn't say a whole lot I think it threw her off as she thinks she is really sweet...has a big heart...yadda yadda yadda, she apologized, but atleast it is out there.

My foods were also changed around today so we will see what that does for me, hoping it goes well!!

Yummie I know how you feel, had a bad day yesterday...could not get my head in the right fame of mind and ate whatever I could..so I am actually very surprised I was down 1.5lbs today...but it is an eye opener as well...I got lucky is how I look at it because it could have been bad!!

Back on track now!!

FULL SPEED AHEAD!! I have 10.5lbs to my mini goal of 177lbs which is what I weighed 2 years ago when I low-carbed it.

Dria
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
WITCHIE YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Ladies congrats on all the losses!!!! Great work!!! Keep it up and way to get yourselves back on track!!!

better life
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Witchie...I am sooooo sorry I didn't realize you hit your goal.....was this today? WAY TO GO GIRL...you must feel so amazing and proud of yourself!!

Thanks Dria...feels great to be back in control tonight...just finished my weekly fashion show...does anyone else do this? Try on all the clothes that didn't fit or were too tight before?? I do it at least once a week...the other day my daughter came knocking on my door to see if I was ready yet and I said NO...I don't know what to wear I am not used to having all these clothes to wear...LOL....she laughed at me.

Feels FANTASTIC!!!!!

I need to update my pics...I took before pics and havent updated them since. Maybe someday I will post them, they are a little embarassing. YIKERS is the word that comes to mind....LOL

cookingmyselfthin
09-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi there, I am new to this forum.

I am a returning HM'er I joined approximately 6 years ago and lost 33 pounds and at goal weight I weighed 140 pounds... unfortunately with my job, poor lifestyle changes, couple of messy breakups with boyfriends (emotional eater!!) and you know how the rest of the story goes, I was up to 250 pounds... a weight I could never have imagined I would end up at! Anyways when I hit the 250 mark I knew I was going to have to bite the bullet and get the weight off! I joined HM again just under 2 weeks ago and so far I am doing awesome, I am feeling better already, down 9.5 pounds in just under 2 weeks, bought myself the cook book (second one) and have been trying a bunch of the recipes and I love them!

I am just hoping someone in here could give me a few tricks, I would like to try some of their food products but they are all a little pricey. Does anyone know of comparable products elsewhere? (hot chocolate, VHP, snack bars?) any input would be greatly appreciated!

better life
09-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Cooking....welcome to the boards.

Guess it is a busy weekend for everyone!! Nice to see you here, there are some great ladies here. I am actually doing herbal One which is very comparable to HM, only difference is that HO is a Canadian only based company. They are listed with all the same pharmacutical (sp) companies as HM etc...or whatever they are called...LOL

Way to go on the 9.5lbs lost thus far, you are doing fantastic!! Where in Ontario are you located? I am 1hr east of Toronto.

Nice to meet you!!

better life
09-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Hope everyone is having a great weekend....sooooooo ready for tomorrow and back to school!!

Hate long weekends for weigh-ins....I find there is too much time in between. I can't get to my center until Wednesday, 5 days is too long. Stepped on my scales here at home and they weigh me the same as I was Friday. Not too happy about that. I hate being scale dependant, but I am and it sucks!!

Hope everyone has had a great long weekend, today is my only day off of it...in healthcare, there is no such thing as a long weekend unless you take it yourself!!

Albertachickie
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Welcome Cooking! Congrats on your loss so far! Unfortuntely I can't help you out with comparable products as I haven't used any yet. Sorry!

Betterlife- You're right! 5 days is a long time to go without a visit. I'd be a nervous wreck come Wednesday. I am totally scale dependent too. I step on that damn thing first thing in the morning and several times throughout the day!

My center was open for a little bit today, and my weigh in was great! I was down 1.6 since Friday for a total of 3 lbs this week. That puts me at 185.6. My birthday is coming up at the end of the month and it is my goal to be in the 170's by then. Even if it's 179.9 I'll take it! LOL!

better life
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Alberta...your lucky to have your center open a little bit today, wish mine had been.

I don't know how I will manage when I get to goal, I know I have a long ways to go but it does scare me because for some reason my mind thinks...oh I can eat this because I don't have to weigh for X amount of days, that is what I am dealing with tonight, I had a cookie that I baked for the kids. However am I going to do it. I know it was only 1 cookie but still...I just wish I could be more disciplined, damn I just went through this a week ago...how do you ladies do it?? I could use any advice.

Sorry to whine on.....WAY TO GO on the WI...you'll definatley be in the 170's by the end of the month at the way you are going.

Albertachickie
09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Betterlife- You know, I have that same mentality too. I constantly struggle to keep on track and not have a bite of this or a bite of that.
The thing that has really helped me shape up was getting a friend involved. She decided that she has wanted to lose some weight and has joined Weight Watchers. Now it's like a friendly competition between us. We go to the gym regularly and brag to each other about our losses. So for me, it helps because I'm competitive and always want to win.
Are you doing any exercising? That's another thing that helps me keep on track. I'm the kind of person that once I see things happening, it totally motivates me to do better. Once I started exercising the pounds came off a little faster which made me want to exercise and behave even more!
One other thing that is helping me is I take pictures of myself regularly. I've lost 35 lbs now and I am feeling pretty good about myself. I've considered quitting because of how great I was feeling. Then my sister took some pictures of my daughter and I at the park...EEEK!! Just looking at those pictures was a reality check! Man I've got a whole heck of a lot left to lose!

But I'm just like you, if it were me baking cookies, you bet I would've had at least one. Once my husband opens a bag of chips I have to have a few. I CAN'T keep those types of things in my house. If my husband wants chips, he can only have them when I am not home or he has to eat them in a different room. Out of sight, out of mind. Just keep at it.

You CAN do this!

better life
09-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey Alberta...thanks so much for the encouraging words, they are vry appreciated. NO I haven't started excersizing...YET...Mom and I are supposed to be starting Curves, I would rather join the new 24hr fitness that opened but she thinks the machines will be too hard on her body, she has trouble with her rotater cuff and sciatic nerve. So I am joining Curves for her as she joined Herbal One with me.

Went and weighed today and was down a 1/2lb.....better then a gain!! I will take it!!

Off to change my ticker!!

cookingmyselfthin
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
hey ladies,
Long weekends are brutal, I think the main problem is I sat myself up for failure, I knew I was going to cheat... plus its harder to keep track of your meal plan and everything when you are on the go and having fun. I think I need to come up with better ideas for when we go camping! I was up 1 and a 1/4 pounds today and usually weekends are my big losses... oh well here is to hoping that my good behaviour today will make up for it come WI tomorrow... I think maybe we need to ban the words "chips" and "cookies" from our vocabulary in this forum lol. I hate it, my boyfriend is like 6 ft 2 and weighs as much as one of my legs.... and he can eat anything so of course there is junk around all the time... the only way I can get rid of the chips and cookies is to get rid of him too... think that is a bit on the drastic side!

Keep it up ladies way to go on the good work! I am hoping to get myself the Zumba on DVD, I have always wanted to learn latin dancing but you don't want to see these parts wobble in public, but once I am skinny I want to be able to go out dancing and I will need some fancy dance steps!

Happy weigh in Wednesday to everyone tomorrow!

Albertachickie
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
betterlife- I was a member at Curves a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I liked how you were in and out in a 1/2 hr. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't getting a really good workout but it's all in what you make of it I guess. Let us know how you like it!

cooking- A few weeks ago when I went camping I went in and was up 5 lbs! I found that most of that 5 lbs was water retention so hopefully that's all your is too!
Those men sure are trouble! One day all those cookies and chips will catch up to them! We'll be skinny and beautiful and it'll be there turn to have the belly!
I keep hearing about Zumba, but I'm not really sure what it is. Let me know if you like it!

Albertachickie
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh I almost forgot. Went to my weigh in and was only down 0.6. Not great, but better than gaining I suppose! Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic week!

MicheleR
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Haven't been on in a while... but congrats to all those who are shedding the pounds! For those that may have had a slightly bad weekend, don't let it get you down for too long!

I totally understand about the inability to plan... I am actually super pumped to be back at work after the summer off as I'm a major creature of habit. Much easier to plan my diet and get to the gym when I have a schedule. Unfortunately though, back to school means staff get togethers, starting this Friday with a golf tourny that was great fun last year but involved way too many beverages haha oh well, we'll see how it goes!

On the up side, the staff is also planning on starting up a biggest loser competition. Not sure if it will fly or not, but a few of us weighed in and hit the gym after school today.

This Sat. is my goal date... kinda crappy as last Sat I still had 7 lbs to go. Also thinking I want to lose a bit more, although these last few pounds have taken a whole lotta time - totally my doing, oops. Not too excited about buying more weeks but what can you do. Saved some $ on Plats at least as I used my 40% coupon. Hoping they still have coupons when I hit 50 lbs to pick up the rest...

Wow, can I ramble or what? lol

Happy HUmp Day, hope it was great!

Albertachickie
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Michele R- Congrats on almost being to your goal date. My date is Mar 22. Feels like it will never be here! How much more are you wanting to lose?

MicheleR
09-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks Alberta! I thought it would take forever to get to my date, but the time really did fly.

Not sure what weight I want... always struggled with self-confidence and being happy with myself so not sure when/if I'll be truly happy. Meh.. guess I'll know when the time comes.

I'm somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" and I think they considered me a large frame. My goal was on the outer edge of their range (I think it was 145-159?) can't really remember... Always have weighed quite a bit more than I look though so I guess that's in my favour haha

Any suggestions??

Albertachickie
09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Lucky you Michele! Totally use that in your favour! I'm not so lucky. I was blessed with these big ole hips, which make my butt seem larger that it really needs to be. I always found it weird when my sister-in-law who is bigger than me, wore the same size or a smaller size than me. Then I remember the curse of the hips! But I do have to say, now that I have lost 36 lbs the ghetto booty is definately shrinking! And I'm not at all sad about that!

Little bit nervous for my weigh in tomorrow. I hardly had any water yesterday and didn't get all my veggies in (so weird for me) Trying to make up for it and having tons and tons of H2O today. Hopefully it will even itself out. My husband has been working late, so I haven't even been able to get to the gym. Guess I'll be exercising my butt of this weekend. I went out and bought a skip it....how fun is that?! OMG I loved it! My kind of exercise!

Hope everyone is doing well!

cookingmyselfthin
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
so I had weigh in this morning and good news is that the weight I gained from camping was water retention cuz I droped 3 and 3/4 pounds since wednesday's weigh in!

I love that you bought a Skip It! I am patiently awaiting the arival of my Zumba DVD's

I had class yesterday evening (part time uni student) so I had made up the legal lasagne the night before. I always make half with spinach and half with Pasta (my tall skinny boyfriend needs his carbs... ugh) anyways so I got home and he had eaten his dinner already and ate my half of it and left me the half with pasta... so I had to make dinner for myself all over! Men =S Apararently he didn't stop to think that something was missing!

Going camping this weekend, learned from last trip what not to do so hopefully all goes well. I would like to see a nice drop monday!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Albertachickie
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
What the heck is Zumba? I keep see people refering to it, but I have no clue what it is. Sounds interesting!

My weigh in today was not successful. I was up 0.4. It seems like every Friday I am up. I'm not too terrible worried except for the fact that my week starts Monday and I've lost only 0.2 for the week. EEEK! I'm not sure why as I haven't been cheating. The only thing I can think of is Wednesday I only had like 4 glasses of water if that, and I didn't get all my food in. I would really really really like to see a HUGE drop on Monday as well!

Men! Can't live with em' and can't live without em'!

Good luck camping this weekend! Hope you are able to stay on track!

momof5k
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
My weigh in sucked today and I am not sure why. I was up 1.2 pounds :( Oh well, I had sort of thought that my loss at my WI on Wednesday was too good to be true and I guess I was right.

They switched me to QLP 1 now too so I have less food to eat. ARGH!! For the most part it is not going to be a big deal as I often have a difficult time getting it all in but I am going to miss that protein!!

This could make for an interesting weekend. I had the QLP2 plan all figured out and sort of had a system and now I have to figure out a new system. Darn.

Oh well. Here's to big losses over the weekend everyone!!

Albertachickie
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm missing my protein and my other serving of fruit.
Sorry to hear that your weigh in wasn't the greatest. I hate that, puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day!
Looks like we all need a big drop this weekend!! Crossing my fingers and my toes for us!

Wannabethin2009
09-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi there-

I am new here!! I started the diet on August 11th at 226.4 and today I weighed in at 219.6. I have gone up and down during the last 4 weeks due to a stagette, 2 weddings and a birthday party. With all that over with now I am going to try my hardest to stay on track!! With my son going back to school and my daughter starting preschool I am hoping I will have a little routine in my life now! I am hoping to fit in some time to exercise as well.

I will be starting back with my personal trainer on monday, I am super excited about that. I have had to take 4 months off because I dilocated my knee cap April 13th........ really didn't help my weight at all because I gained 20 lbs not being able to do anything for about 2 months. Now with my healing well I can get back to using the eliptical trainer that we spent $2700 on in February!!! Can't wait!! I have so much mor energy when I exercise!

So far I really like the diet, it is something that is definatly going to work for me . I have tried many other things like WW, Herbal Life,Isogenix........ none of them worked for me.

I am the type of person that needs the one on one support and the weigh in's a few times per week the keep me on track.

I have 2 kids aged 6 and 3 and the keep me super busy! I work full time with my hubby so life can get pretty hectic with soccer, ballet and gymnastics!! I also own a horse as well. I would really like to get back to riding her but I want to lose some weight first.....it would make me feel bette about myself.

Well thanks for listening to me blab...... I'll add updates!

Albertachickie
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Welcome Wannabe!
I'm like you...routine routine routine. My hardest days to stay on track are the ones I don't work. Which is really weird considering I am a manager at a fastfood restaurant. That's excellent that you are starting back with your trainer. I found when I incorporated exercise into my diet the pounds melted off a little faster. I'm glad you found a diet that will work! It's tough, I've tried many many different approaches as well. Hope to hear more from you!

better life
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Helllooooo everyone.

Welcome newbies!! Great group here!!

Weighed this morning down another 1 1/4lb.....185.75....I will take it...23lbs GONE FOREVER!!!!

Alberta...CURVES is actually going alot better then I expected. I am really pushing myself as well....sweating when I come out after the 30minutes...so I guess that is a good sign, I want to make the best of it.

I have decided to change my weigh in days...I am still going 3 times a week for my supps, but I am only weighing on the mornings that I am off, so today I weighed, then I will weigh Wednesday then Monday, and then that way from now on. We are finding I have better weights when I am off, as it is very hot at work and they think I am retaining water. I can also weigh at CURVES whenever I want as well...which I know I will do, I am a scale freak.

Hope all is well with everyone......off to change my ticker...I am so loving that I am under the 50lbs left to lose considering I started at 73.75lbs...:(

Wannabethin2009
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Well so far this weekend has been a total write off for me. Can't seem to get focused. I guess I will have to get my a** in gear monday if the personall trainer is coming!!! I have to follow the diet 100% now!! Come on me, I know I can do it!!

better life
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Wannabe.....you can do it!!!

I have had a tough time a couple of times over the last few weeks but I just have to re-focus and remember why I am doing this.....I WANT IT SOOOOO BAD!!!! As I am sure you do!!

That trainer will kick your A**...so you better get focused....LOL

Albertachickie
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
betterlife- So glad you like Curves. I hope you see some pounds melting off a little faster! I'm such a scale freak too! Every single time I go to the bathroom I weigh myself. Teeheehee! And I hope that you find some more consistency in your weight loss now that you've changed weigh in days. I always make sure to go the same time otherwise I don't think it's very accurate. I mean, of course we're going to weigh more after we've had 3 meals, and 8 glasses of water. I go first thing in the morning before eating anything.
Wannabe- I agree with betterlife, keep remembering why you're doing this. And don't set yourself up to cheat. That was my biggest thing. Once I started keeping cut up veggies in the fridge, my cheating cut down a whole lot! It was easy to grab some carrot sticks or whatver. And yes...that personal trainer is gonna work you! Have fun!

I had a pretty successful weekend. I guess we'll see just how successful come weigh in on Monday. I haven't cheat once this weekend, and I went to the gym! Hope I see a big loss Monday!

Albertachickie
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh and I forgot to congratulate you Betterlife on your 1 1/4 pd loss! Way to go!

Wannabethin2009
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I am back on track this morning. I am going to weigh in this afternoon, I am expecting to be up a pound or so............we will see!!

ReneeM102
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi all :) I'm new here and thought I'd check it all out! I joind Herbal magic (! week tomorrow) so far I am really enjoying it. I don't find I'm too hungry...yet! I'm hopeing to find others on here that are going through the same struggles as I am. Its sure motivating knowing there are others out there going through the same thing! I went fo a weigh in this morning and am down 8.4lbs from my start weight...I know the big weekly loss is very short lived..it was nice to see :) Looking forward to any advice :)

cookingmyselfthin
09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
hey ladies, welcome newbies!

I had an okay weekend I guess, I was only up 1/4 pound which isn't bad for a camping trip, I think it had to do with my jeans I was wearing and I didn't get in all my water over the weekend. Drink all your water! It is very important, I try and drink at least 4 or 5 of my herbal magic bottles a day. The days I don't get all my water I am always up the next day.

Alberta- look up Zumba on youtube. It is like a latin dancing aerobic workout. You have to order the Dvd's from the states but plenty of larger cities actually have classes at local dance studios you will have to check it out!

I ordered the Dvd's because I want to try it at home first for a while then maybe I will start taking a class. (I would like to be at least halfway to my weightloss goal before I want to see myself in a room of mirrors!).

Should be a tricky week for me. I totall understand your needs for routine and this week I am back to university as well as working fulltime so it will be tricky!

I have an eliptical in my living room next to the TV so if I want to watch my favourite shows I make myself do at least 45 minutes on the eliptical. I also try and do a little time on my wii fit.

Goodluck ladies for weigh in's this week. I can feel it in my bones its a good week for weightloss!

:)

Albertachickie
09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome Renee, and congrats on your weight loss so far! This a great group!

Wannabe- Good job girl! Glad to hear that you're back on track!

Cooking- Thanks! I'll look it up later tonight. I totally hear you on the room of mirrors! EEEK!! I agree with your water comment! So so so important to get all your water in! I hope your bones are right! I'm in need of a good week!

Albertachickie
09-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Went to my weigh in today and I was down 1.4. Total for the week is 2 lbs....nothing spetacular but it'll work!

Well hope everyone has a great night, I'm off to the pool for some water aerobics and then to the gym!

TLAK531
09-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi all - Tamara here. New to the group. Joined Herbal Magic in March/09. I have lost 47.6 lbs so far...on my way to 89. Goal date is Jan 14, 2010. Little behind schedule but I feel wonderful! Need to buy new clothes since the ones I have are falling off me. I actually like the program and find if I preplan it works great. Just wanted to introduce myself! Hope everyones weekend when well!

ReneeM102
09-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi all! Thanks for the welcome :) I'm finding it hard to get all my water in me during a day...I drank a lot of water before, but used a lot of Crystal light packs for flavor. The consultant at my herbal magic say that I could use those packs, but I still needed to get my 8servings of plain water a day. I've tried adding a squeeze of lemon to the water, which helps a bit....bit I'm still finding it a little difficult....any advice??

Dria
09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Renee even if you sit and just pound one or two glasses in at one time to get it in please do. Water is one of the most important aspects of our weight loss process!!! Congrats on all the losses thus far!!! Zumba interests me I have a friend in the states that teaches it but I think it might be too intense for me LOL

ReneeM102
09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reply! I AM deffinately getting the water that is required...I just wish there was an easier way! I find I'm thirsty first thing in the morning, so that is a good time where I get at least 2 sometimes 3 into me. Its weird, I'm almost finding the more water I drink, the more I'm finding myself thirsty....strange?? lol...Never heard of Zumba, I'll have to look it up! And really...compared to losing as much weight as you have, nothing can be harder than that!! lol You could do it if you tried :)

Albertachickie
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Welcome Tamara!! Way to go on the huge loss so far!! That's awesome!

Renee- I had a really hard time getting my water in the beginning.Before Herbal Magic I was a pepsi-holic, hardly drank any water at all, so to quit the pepsi and drink water was a huge change for me. I choked it back and now 4 months into it I drink water like it's going outta style! It'll get easier! Just keep drinking! I've also found that the more water I drink, the thistier I am. Wonder why?? I use it to my advantage and sneak a few more glasses in!

Anyone know why the Crystal Lite packages don't count towards your water?

Albertachickie
09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Dria- How is Stab going? How long until Maintenance starts?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRvg4sc/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRvg4sc/)

ReneeM102
09-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Alberta! haha Its nice to know I'm not the only one who had trouble getting the water down. I asked today at my weigh in why cryltal light doesnt count...the only answer she could give me was because of the chemicals in it? 1 week today...total weight loss is 9.4lbs :) I know it won't last at that rate..but I'm happy with what I've got :)

better life
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome new members!!

I weigh in tomorrow...hoping all goes well. Our 5 year BIG MEAL for work is tonight...I have tried to save all I can for food this evening, not planning on pigging out, but I want to be able to eat and not have to worry, I plan on having a couple of drinks as well. Heck I have paid my dues there, and it is free....LOL. As far as I know it is a buffet style meal with Chicken and beef, I will be eating the chicken, and likely salad, or veggies. I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh so I won't be over doing it!!

Weigh"

Wannabethin2009
09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I was told that I could have Crystal light by the girls at my location, it is 0 calories so why not? I don't use it too often but at least a few times per week. I find if my water is really ice cold it goes down way better. My water bottle is 24 oz's and I drink at least 3 per day if not more!!

I weighed in yesterday, I was up 2 lbs over the weekend which I knew was going to happen the way I ate :( We decided to take away my free exchange for the week and to get all my staches in before 4pm!! I just need to buckle down and follow the plan 100% then the weight will come off no problem.

I had seen on one of the first threads people talking about CLA so I asked at my weigh in yesterday about it. I was told that it works well to melt fat especially around the tummy, which I have alot of after having 2 c-sections!!! When she told me the price I said well maybe next time, $39.95 for 1 week, no way. I went to Costco and bought it for $16.99 with 90 pills per bottle. I'm sure it will work the same. What are your thoughts?

Albertachickie
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Betterlife- Have fun at your dinner tonight and good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.

Wannabe- I also don't see a problem with the Crystal Light. Especially for someone who has trouble drinking alot of water. At least it's something. Is the name CLA out a Costco as well? Very interested in this!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRvg4sc/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRvg4sc/)

Wannabethin2009
09-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I will look when I get home to let you know the exact name, way cheaper in my opinion! I;m sure it will work just the same as the stuff from herbal magic.

Dria
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
OK
Its not that you CANT have Crystal Light. You can
same with Diet drinks and Coffee.... Why do they tell you it doesnt count as water intake?
Easy
Because it has caffine or aspertine or other artificial sweetners. Basically on this program if you cannot say the ingredients dont bother.

So by having a crystal light you then need to have an extra glass of water to flush out the fakies from it.
Coffee? Well need to flush the caffine out of your body.

I am in mait have been for several weeks now. Its going very well holding around the 116 -118 mark depends on my day. No problems But working there keeps me motivated. Cant tell someone not to do something and then go do it myself now can I lol

Wannabe.... I strongly suggest you take the replacement CLA into the clinc so they can cross reference it for you.
Remember that handy health history you filled out for them? And they ask if you take any medications or supplements? Thats so they can make sure they wont clash with HM product.
The good thing about the HM stuff is we know ALL those products work together safely. Buying elsewhere they cannot promise it to be safe with our products.
FOR YOUR SAFTEY take it in and make sure they get that brand cross referenced. Please please please.

And that goes to everyone. If you decide to take another supplement be it a multi vitamin or what not always take it into the clinic to be cross referenced its just not safe to not have it checked out.

WOW theres my info for the day ;)
Great losses Ladies. Keep up the great work. Your inspiring to others :)

ReneeM102
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks Dria for clairifying about the crystal light mixes and the such....that makes more sense for sure! haha I'll just keep slugging back the water...better just stick with what I"m doing...it seems to be working so far :)
Funny you're talking about bringing up other meds with the councillors, long before I was on Herbal Magic I started taking Omega 3 pills daily...I stopped when I joined, and asked today about them....they are fine to take..I thought perhaps they would count as fat or something, but she assured me it wouldn't count as anything :)

TLAK531
09-15-2009, 11:26 PM
When I joined Herbal Magic my goal weight was set for me. How is that determined? I would guess that it goes by height and your BMI? So do they go with the middle of the scale for your height. Just wondering if anyone knows always mean to ask but forget.

Dria
09-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Tamara,
It goes based on your starting weight. Your Wrist size. And your height.
Then they look in the book and determine it by your body frame size which is actually determined by your wrist size. When they find that number you will get something JUST FOR EXAMPLE ...... say 113-137 or something like that. Then the staff knows anywhere between that number is acceptable as per the BMI guidelines Herbal magic has.

ReneeM102
09-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Wow! Thats the first I've heard that! They did measurments on me, but deffinately not my wrist. They told me that me being the client till set my own goals, they don't do that. It must vary from each office??

TLAK531
09-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Dria.

better life
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Good Wednesday afternoon everyone!!

Weighed in this morning...was down another 2.5 lbs.....that is 3.75 since Saturday...WAHOO!!!! I am on a roll....for a grand total of da da da da....25.5lbs...gone forever!!!! And I am now......6.25lbs away from my mini goal of 177lbs!!

I am so excited!! I am loving the morning weigh-ins so much better then the afternoon ones...it feels like I am really accomplishing something by going first thing in the AM, instead of eating 2 meals and snacks...plus water, then weighing.

I still need to go back and read up, I ws just so excited to come and post my success!!

Also have to share that my 5 year dinner for work was last evening and right in front of the other 25+ people in the room, my Administrator speaks up and says We are all just talking about how good you look...what a great feeling. I also had 2 co-workers pull me aside and tell me how great I look and how proud they are of me....it feels so great!!

:)

Wannabethin2009
09-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Good Job better life. I am going to weigh in today probably this afternoon. I am hoping it will be down and not up, I have been so good the last few days. When I went on monday she took away my free exchange and asked me to eat all my staches before 4pm and I have been doing that so I hope I see some results.

better life
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Wannabe....thanks so much...:)

Good luck today at your WI, I am sure your going to do great!!

Albertachickie
09-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Betterlife : GREAT JOB! You're doing amazing! It's always nice to have people notice and comment on your successes! Makes you feel so good about yourself...like all this hard work is worth it! Are you making it to Curves 3 times a week? Still liking it?

Wannabe: Good luck at your weigh in today! I'm sure you'll do great!

My weigh in was not so successful. I stayed the same, and lost only 0.75 inches. I guess it's time to kick it back into high gear. My goal is to be in the 170's by my birthday which is Sept 28...at this rate, that won't be happening! Kinda frustrating. I've been doing so good, and doing some cardio. I was expecting a loss of some sort. Hopefully Friday is better to me!
Anyone have the P90x? Or have any feedback for it?

better life
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Alberta...DON'T GIVE UP!!! You still have 12 days and you only need to lose 3.25lbish to get to the 170's and you can do it girl!!! Hey we weigh pretty much the same now...I will do it with you and by the 28th we will be in the 170's!!

YOU GAME??

Albertachickie
09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
You're on Betterlife!
Let's do this!

Wannabethin2009
09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok so I didn't go yesterday but I am going today. One of the girls from my center called me this morning and asked if I was coming.........I told her I was. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wannabethin2009
09-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Just went to weigh in and I am down 2.4lbs since Monday!!!!! Yay me!

Albertachickie
09-17-2009, 04:24 PM
OMG Wannabe! That's awesome! Keep up the great work! :carrot:

better life
09-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Okay Alberta....were going to do this!! I don't weigh until next Saturday!! Hoping for a great loss!!

WTG Wannabe!! I knew you could do it!!

I also forgot to mention that when I went to weigh yesterday I got measured and I am now down 50 INCHES!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Didn't feel the greatest today, not much of an appetite, so I kind of ate this and that out of my lunch, didn't eat off plan, just not everything. I think I have something brewing. Didn't feel so great Tuesday either....off tomorrow, thank goodness!!

Albertachickie
09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
OMG! I am the happiest person ever! At my weigh in today I lost 3 pounds since Wednesday! How freakin' awesome is that! I must have been retaining some water at my last weigh in! That puts me at 180.6lbs.....0.6lbs away from being out of the 180's for good! 40.4lbs gone! Hope everyone has a great weigh in as well! :dance:

Wannabethin2009
09-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I will be be weighing in again tomorrow. I did, however cheat last night and had a small blizzard from dairy queen and then this morning had a bagel and an doughnut from tim hortons, bad me. I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself!!!

better life
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
OMG! I am the happiest person ever! At my weigh in today I lost 3 pounds since Wednesday! How freakin' awesome is that! I must have been retaining some water at my last weigh in! That puts me at 180.6lbs.....0.6lbs away from being out of the 180's for good! 40.4lbs gone! Hope everyone has a great weigh in as well! :dance:

:hug:

Way to go...I told you you could do it!!! How awesome is that feeling...I cannot wait to be out of the 180's!! Soon...very soon!!

better life
09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
I will be be weighing in again tomorrow. I did, however cheat last night and had a small blizzard from dairy queen and then this morning had a bagel and an doughnut from tim hortons, bad me. I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself!!!

Okay so here is the kick in the A** you need.......:rollpin::rollpin:

I know it is hard, but girl you need to pull yourself together!! You have just started...I hate to say this but maybe you aren't ready to lose the weight yet?? I tend to go off as well, but not in the beginning, that is when I do my best.

We are all here for you..you need to be there for you as well!! Come on Wannabe....I am rooting for ya!!!

:hug:;):hug:

Albertachickie
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
:hug:

Way to go...I told you you could do it!!! How awesome is that feeling...I cannot wait to be out of the 180's!! Soon...very soon!!

Thanks Betterlife! And I just wanted to say that you totally helped me! After your comment about doing it together, you got me so motivated! I was pumped! So THANK-YOU :thanks: Since we weigh pretty close we should keep doing things like that! And I forgot to mention earlier with my flurry of excitement....your inches lost is amazing! You go girl!

Fingers crossed :crossed: that your weigh in tomorrow is FABULOUS

Albertachickie
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
WANNABE

Okay so here is the kick in the A** you need.......:rollpin::rollpin:

I know it is hard, but girl you need to pull yourself together!!

We are all here for you..you need to be there for you as well!! Come on Wannabe....I am rooting for ya!!!

:hug:;):hug:

So true! It only takes a split second of determination to put down that blizzard! Believe in yourself! YOU CAN DO IT!! And always remember the motivation that made you walk into Herbal Magic in the first place! Sending some good vibes your way! :goodvibes:

better life
09-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Betterlife! And I just wanted to say that you totally helped me! After your comment about doing it together, you got me so motivated! I was pumped! So THANK-YOU :thanks: Since we weigh pretty close we should keep doing things like that! And I forgot to mention earlier with my flurry of excitement....your inches lost is amazing! You go girl!

Fingers crossed :crossed: that your weigh in tomorrow is FABULOUS

Hey no need to thank me....but you are so very welcome, glad I could motivate you!:) YES...lets keep working together at this together....all the way to goal!!!

Thanks so much for the comment on the inches lotst, it feels great and I love that I can try on something different that didn't fit quite right just a few days or week prior....it is great. Shopping in my own closet...LOL

My mom is down 19lbs and she has lost 43 inches so between the 2 of us we have lost 44.5lbs and 93 inches since the 20th of June!! Mom is 21lbs from her goal, while I still have a ways to go. ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!

I had mentioned earlier that I haven't been feeling well, had to call in for today, I was up vomiting through the night, haven't yet eaten this morning, no appetite. Going to try some toast here shortly though.

When I stepped on my scales this morning I was 180lbs....I don't weigh in until NEXT Saturday....should have been this Monday but my mom is going out of town and I have no way to get to the center. Hoping my scales are right though....only have WHOLE week to wait.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

cookingmyselfthin
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Congrats betterlife! that is awesome that they noticed how good you look, always a major motivator!

I have had an awesome week of weightloss so far. The last two weeks have been kinda slow but this week so far im down 6 lbs. My week is up on monday and so far I have been well behaved over the weekend, here is to hoping. I have gotten hooked on weighing myself the night before on my wii fit (which is a digital scale) then it isn't so stressful going into weigh in. But things have been good.
Down 16.6 pounds, I am pretty psyched to hit 25 pounds down hopefully my thanksgiving (going home to visit family who I haven't told I am doing herbal magic)

I am going to have my snack now, I made myself the apple pie recipe. So im having a slice for my snack ;) hope you are all having a good week of weightloss :)

momof5k
09-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey ladies!

I have been having a rather crappy week. They put me on QLP 1 last Saturday and since then I gained a 1.5 pounds and then lost 1.3 of it but that puts me .2 pounds heavier than I was a week and a half ago. This would be bad enough but I am eating less and working more so it is feeling rather discouraging.

I am SO close to hitting the under 200 pounds mark that this is especially bad timing :(

The gals at the centre are assuring me that this is normal as my body gets used to less food again, and I lost 6 inches that week (wednesday to wednesday) so they tell me that means that my body is NOT plateauing so just to keep on trucking and drink lots and lots of water. sigh...

Still, it is hard to stay motivated when you are being so good and not seeing results.

kdcheck
09-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow momof5k you are doing so good. I know you will be under 200 in no time. I just started herbal magic and i am down 3.8lbs after the first week, and i am feeling beter than I have in years:carrot:

Albertachickie
09-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey no need to thank me....but you are so very welcome, glad I could motivate you!:) YES...lets keep working together at this together....all the way to goal!!!

Thanks so much for the comment on the inches lotst, it feels great and I love that I can try on something different that didn't fit quite right just a few days or week prior....it is great. Shopping in my own closet...LOL

My mom is down 19lbs and she has lost 43 inches so between the 2 of us we have lost 44.5lbs and 93 inches since the 20th of June!! Mom is 21lbs from her goal, while I still have a ways to go. ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!

I had mentioned earlier that I haven't been feeling well, had to call in for today, I was up vomiting through the night, haven't yet eaten this morning, no appetite. Going to try some toast here shortly though.

When I stepped on my scales this morning I was 180lbs....I don't weigh in until NEXT Saturday....should have been this Monday but my mom is going out of town and I have no way to get to the center. Hoping my scales are right though....only have WHOLE week to wait.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

It's a great feeling to be able to fit it your skinny clothes. I have a closet full of them that I always said "This will fit one day" and guess what most of them are fitting now! YAY!

93 inches! Holy cow...that's huge! I am always amazed after they do my measurements, they show me how many inches I've actually lost. It's one thing to hear it, but another it actually see it! 93 inches is 7.75 feet!! That's like more than the height of an average man! AMAZING!!!

Next Saturday you will definately be rockin the 170's....with flying colors!! In the mean time, I would go crazy! I have to weigh myself or I go crazy wondering!

Hope you're feeling better!

Albertachickie
09-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Way to go cooking! I love having great weeks like that! You sound like me! I weight myself on the Wii fit every morning...that way I know what to expect at my weigh in!

Momof5k- I know how frustrating it can be, BUT you've lost 6 inches this week! That's alot! Don't lose your focus! Onederland will soon be here!

kdcheck- Welcome to the group!! Theres a great group of gals here!! Great job on the weight loss so far!

better life
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Mom...keep your chin up....6 inches is a loss!! and a loss is a loss whether it is pounds or inches!!

kd....welcome to the group...and Alberta is right it is a great group here...WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!! Keep it up girl!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Alberta....it does feel great to be able to fit into those smaller clothes, I love it!!

7.75 feet....holy cow I never thought of it that way.....WOW.. That is almost the same height as mom and I put together....LOL

Hate that I am not weighing until next Saturday....as I said before I am a SCALE FREAK!! Weighed today and was 182lbs....WTH is up with that was 180yesterday!! I didn't take any pills yesterday, was a waste of time with the way I was feeling. Didn't eat alot...when I did eat. Anyway...will see what the scales have to say tomorrow. I know I should stay away...but I can't.

Also...quit Curves and started the gym. My mom came to the realization that curves isn't enough for us. YEAH!!!!!! so happy about that!!

I think I have rambled on enough....LOL

Albertachickie
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Betterlife- Very exciting news about the gym! Hope you enjoy it. The only good thing about weighing in so far away is the big drop that you are bound to see!

I love your new ticker! You leave for vacation on my goal date! Let the countdown begin! Where are you going? We are planning a vacation for April...one where I can lay on the beach, in a bikini, with all my needs catered too! I can't wait. Everytime we visit a tropical place I'm always jealous of all the skinny pretty girls...this time I'll be one to! Yippee!

I'm a little bit nervous for my weigh in tomorrow! We were out of town today and had to eat out. I went over my food, but I think I picked healthy choices. Before we left I had 2 eggs, 1/2 english muffin, apple and a cup of tomato, then for lunch we went to Subway where I had a fatfree turkey wrap with a bunch of veggies and only a smidgen of mayo. I ripped half the wrap off...man are those things huge. Then for supper I ended up having a grill chicken burger with no mayo and I took the top part of the bun off and a endulged in a few of my daughters fries...only like 6. So in all I ended up with an extra starch and protein, and should've had another veggie and fruit. We took our daughter swimming tonight so I'm hoping all that throwing her around and chasing her around the pool helps me out!

better life
09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Betterlife- Very exciting news about the gym! Hope you enjoy it. The only good thing about weighing in so far away is the big drop that you are bound to see!

I love your new ticker! You leave for vacation on my goal date! Let the countdown begin! Where are you going? We are planning a vacation for April...one where I can lay on the beach, in a bikini, with all my needs catered too! I can't wait. Everytime we visit a tropical place I'm always jealous of all the skinny pretty girls...this time I'll be one to! Yippee!

I'm a little bit nervous for my weigh in tomorrow! We were out of town today and had to eat out. I went over my food, but I think I picked healthy choices. Before we left I had 2 eggs, 1/2 english muffin, apple and a cup of tomato, then for lunch we went to Subway where I had a fatfree turkey wrap with a bunch of veggies and only a smidgen of mayo. I ripped half the wrap off...man are those things huge. Then for supper I ended up having a grill chicken burger with no mayo and I took the top part of the bun off and a endulged in a few of my daughters fries...only like 6. So in all I ended up with an extra starch and protein, and should've had another veggie and fruit. We took our daughter swimming tonight so I'm hoping all that throwing her around and chasing her around the pool helps me out!

Alberta...I am sure you will do fine today at weigh in.....I am rooting for ya!! 170's all the way baby!!:carrot::carrot:

I think I will enjoy the gym MUCH BETTER...and I am not going to miss those wonderful words...CHANGE STATIONS NOW....LOL

We are off to Cuba!! Cayo Santa Maria, I am so excited I cannot wait, it is a beautiful place my best friend of 24 years and I went there a year ago this November and it was fantastic!! This will be the hubby's first time flying so hopefully he will be okay!!

So needless to say I will be the one lying on the beach having my EVERY need catered to....LOL

And will hopefully be in a bikini...I cannot even imagine wearing a bikini...but hey ya never know!! All I know is that the body that will be there in March 2010...will NOT be the same body that was there in November 2008!!

Your goal date is a month after mine!! To the date...we are neck in neck girl!!

I am hoping for a good loss on Saturday, I will take whatever comes my way...I seem to be an inch loser more so then the weight, which is fine with me, as long as I am losing something.

I updated my pics today...I can really really see a diffrence in my body...WOW...still gross to look at but WOW what a difference!!

I AM SO LOVING THE NEWER ME!!!

You should see the dress I bought to wear to my cousins wedding on the 17th of October...I could have NEVER imagined me in a dress like that!! I will definatley be sharing pics of that day!! I am very excited for my husband to see me in it...I have never worn anything like this before!! Maybe I am just over-reacting but I am quite impressed with myself!!

Okay off to have my lunch now.....have a good one everyone!!

Wannabethin2009
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Well I weighed in this morning and I'm down so thats a good thing!! I am making a promis to my self this week that I am going to follow 100%, Its time!!!

Me, my hubby and 2 kids are going to Hawaii for christmas so I would love to be thinner. I should be down 38lbs by December 21st which is the day we leave!!! I will be well under 200lbs by then!!

TLAK531
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Well everyone ...weighted in today and YAY ME! I lost 3.6 lbs since Saturday! It was a crappy week and I finally got my stuff together and boy did it work. I have lost 51.2 lbs so far! I have less then 38 lbs to go. Time seems to be flies so I am hoping that the rest of the weight flies off too. I am going back to work 2 weeks today from mat leave so that should help me keep on track. Finding myself obsessed with the weight loss and taking care of my daughter are my only focus. It will be nice to get out of house and concentrate on work.

Hope all of you have a enjoyable week!

Wannabethin2009
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Can any one tell me a good sandwich meat that actually tastes good. Right now I am using Schneiders fat free packages stuff.

Destiny
09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Hello All, I am new to this fourm...just discovered it today. I have been a memeber of HM since mid Jan. 2009 my starting weight was 224 since than i have went down to 168. This past month I lost complete modivation, stopped the pills, meal plan and excersicing. I have gain almost 10lbs back in the last month and feeling super depressed about it. My last visit I had lst a total of 53lbs and then the lady said I would not acheive my goal weight by my goal date which is October 14th. She really made me feel crappy by mentioning all the slip ups i had in the past which is why i would not be sucessful and YES...she said it just like that. I had promised myself that reaching my goal was going to be my birthday give to myself this year.:( Anyhow, I'm started to feel more positive and want to get back on track. I'm very happy to have come across this fourm, I'm taking it as a sign. Reading a lot of the posts i notice there is so much support here. Thank you!!!

better life
09-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Hello All, I am new to this fourm...just discovered it today. I have been a memeber of HM since mid Jan. 2009 my starting weight was 224 since than i have went down to 168. This past month I lost complete modivation, stopped the pills, meal plan and excersicing. I have gain almost 10lbs back in the last month and feeling super depressed about it. My last visit I had lst a total of 53lbs and then the lady said I would not acheive my goal weight by my goal date which is October 14th. She really made me feel crappy by mentioning all the slip ups i had in the past which is why i would not be sucessful and YES...she said it just like that. I had promised myself that reaching my goal was going to be my birthday give to myself this year.:( Anyhow, I'm started to feel more positive and want to get back on track. I'm very happy to have come across this fourm, I'm taking it as a sign. Reading a lot of the posts i notice there is so much support here. Thank you!!!

Welcome Destiny.

I am so sorry your having such a tough go. First off is there anyone that you can go to at the center to complain about that worker, because that is what I would be doing!! She had no right to speak to you that way, so what you would likely not hit your goal date...you have lost 53lbs for gosh sakes and so what if it takes you an extra few weeks to get to goal....as long as you reach your goal that should be what they focus on. Your only human and slip ups do happen....this woman sounds like the one I deal with at herbal one and when she pi**es me off don't think I don't hesitate to run to the owner....I have paid good money and still am to be doing what I am doing....and she doesn't get away with treating me that way. Now with all that being said.....

You need to get back on track, you have done such an amazing job thus far!! Your almost there!! look how quickly you have gained the 10lbs, before long you will have gained it all back, Hun ...you have worked far too hard to let that happen!!! We are all here for you!!!! I wish you had found us sooner!!

Get into that center today and request that someone else weigh/measure,deal with you from now on and show that snooty little something or other what your made of!!!!

You can do this and were all here rooting for you!!!!!:hug:;):hug:;):carrot:

better life
09-22-2009, 05:49 AM
WAY TO GO WANNA BE!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!! Doesn't it feel great to be in control!! You are gonna look fine in Hawaii!!

As far as the lunch meat I eat the FF turkey...so I am not much help to you...lol

Tamara...way to go on the loss as well!!! 51.2lbs so far...you must feel amazing...like a whole new you!!

Alberta...where are you?? How did you make out yesterday??

Well I am off for another fun filled day at work, everyone have a great day!!

BL

Albertachickie
09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Betterlife...I'm sure you'll knock the socks off your husband in your new dress! ONLY 4 MORE DAYS TILL SATURDAY! Are you getting your measurements done as well?

Wannabe- Good job on the loss. I find it always helps to have a long term goal. A trip is a great one! I can't eat FF lunch meat, it makes me gag :barf: Let me know if you find something good. If I have sandwiches I stick to tuna.

Destiny- Welcome to the group and congrats on your weight loss so far! I know that our "girls" are there to do a job, but I also find that they're not so supportive. Weight loss is HARD work. And like Betterlife said, slip ups happen, you're only human. Why should you be made to feel like any less of person because you fell of the wagon for a while? The important thing is that you are getting back on that wagon. You're so close to your goal! You can do it girl! We'll help you every step of the way!

Tamara- You go girl!! What a great weigh in!

My weigh in was okay. I was only down 0.2 but have lost 3.2 for the week. I'm okay with that! That puts me back ahead of schedule. My lady and I made a mini goal to be at 179.2 by Wednesday. Kinda scary. Yesterday at work 3 different customers mentioned my weight loss and how I'm looking good, so that made my day!

Wannabethin2009
09-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcom Destiny........ I too have had an experience like yours with two of the girls at the center I go to as well and one of them is the manager!!!! There is one girl there I really like and I made her aware of it. I told her that I would come in on the days that she works. She makes me feel motivated , I can't say that about the manager, I feel like she is alway staring at my flabby belly and she just isn't supportive enough. And like better life said I have paid good money and I don't deserve to feel like that when I go there!!!

I am ok with the sandwich meat I just thought if someone knew of anything else..........I can't eat tuna, I used to love it but then one day I just could stand it any more!!! Weird I know.

twovalley
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I stumbled upon your website while searching for positive reviews/support group for Herbal Magic. I'm glad I have found you because majority of sites are negative comments/reviews.
I am a member of HM since middle of August and I'm down 13 lbs. I haven't felt this great in years.
Over the past 5 years I have gained 65 lbs....and feel like I've tried everything to loose it. Gym 6 days a week (1.5 hrs a day), weight watchers, atkins...etc. For some reason the weight would not come off. Infact as the days/months/years went on I kept gaining and gaining.
After getting engaged end of July I figured enough is enough and made an appointment with HM. I feel in love with the eating immediately. I do believe in a whole food diet (limited to no processed/packaged foods).
The weight has been coming off slowly (I expected it to be more drastic after hearing others stories)..but it's coming off none the less.
I walked in the door at 206 (and mortified) and hope to reach my goad weight of 140 by start of April. The big day is end of June, which should be plenty of time to get my dress taken in!
Anyway, I'm really excited to have fellow HM people to talk with :)

amgirl1
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
hey ladies! i haven't been on in almost a month.. not down very far since then... my boyfriends dad kept making homemade cookies! now im just letting them sit and go bad on the counter though cuz its time to buckle downand get as far as i can in the next three weeks... 11 pounds to get to goal.. and only 3 weeks.. looks like bike rides and running is in order now!!! if i lose 3.6 more pounds i will be down 50 pounds! and that in itself is a huge accomplishment!! i wish everyone the best of luck. i planned my meals for the rest of the week :) it makes things easier! less cheating as well.... i will try to get on her more often to let you all know how i am doing :) have a great day!

Destiny
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Better Life/Alberta/Wannabe....Thank you for your support and advice:)

I have been only visiting the centre once a week for the past five months. Just more conveinent for me. Just wondering how often everyone visits and does their WI's.

Today is my first day back on track, no cravings (...so far) and I'm feeling good!

Congradulations on all the losses so far to everyone on this fourm.!!!!!!

momof5k
09-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I usually go three times a week. That way I get all my supplements and accountability all week long :)

This Monday I was down another 1.2 pounds so that stupid little gain that wouldn't go away finally went!

I'll be back in tomorrow for measurements. Hoping that looks good too!

Albertachickie
09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Good job momof5k. Glad too see the weight is coming off again.

I also go 3 times a week. I too need the accountability and to know that I am on track.

Welcome to the group twovalley! I hope you like it here! Great job on the loss so far. A wedding is great motivation! Congratulations!

amgirl- You go girl! Those 11 pounds will fly right off and you'll be done with weight loss! I'm jealous!!

Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow!

twovalley
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I also visit my centre 3 days a week. It definitely keeps me on track...but I am still new to the program. Today is measurements...hope I get some good news.
Would any of you be interested in sharing favorite HM recpies? I am trying to make different dishes so I don't get bored.

Albertachickie
09-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Just got back from my weigh in and I was only down 0.4, puts me at 180 lbs and I was down 1.25 inches for a total of 39.25. My TOM started today and I usually have a really slow loss, so I'm hoping either Friday or Monday will show me good results! 170's here I come!

witchie
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone, just checkin in, holy posts!!! Hang in there, you'll get there eventually. Cheers! Witchie.

Albertachickie
09-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I just came across this fun little post....see what you compare to! Every pound lost is equal to something...

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives American eats each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gal bottle of water or average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an avg American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an avg American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

I've lost an average human leg and working my way to an elephant heart!! What about you??

better life
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Hello all....well I went to the Dr today as I have been feeling crummy still and he told me I have gastritis. So I can't eat meats or dairy for the next few days. I am also off my pills right now, they want me to stay off them until I go weigh on Saturday.

Not sure what I will be looking at weight wise when I go Saturday...I guess it can go either way.

So nice to see more new names....Welcome to the group!!

Alberta...way to go on the loss on the lbs and inches...you go girl!!

TwoValley...well how did you make out?? great I hope!!

Mom....glad you lost your little gain!!! YEAH!!!!!

Destiny...how was day 2???

Amgirl....you can do it....1lbs from goal...wow you can do it!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone....:)

better life
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Alberta......great post!!!

I have lost a 2 year old!!

Destiny
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

Betteerlife - I had a awesome day 2 back on the wagon, I'm buckeled in the time LOL thanks for asking. I hope you feel better soon!

Alberta - I LOVE your post! I've lost a pale of hay...next stop the elephant penis reaching my ultimate the GOLD BRICK!!!

Crongrads to loses today!!!
Good night!!

Dria
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Muahahahaha. I lost a penis....... too funny. I actually lost my 8 year old daughter too!!!! :)

HMJunkie
09-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone! So glad I found this place - can' find much online for a community of HMers so finding this was awesome! I have read most of the threads & wanted to introduce myself. I am new to HM - just signed on Sept. 17. I have lost 2.8lbs so far & I am supposed to hit my target of 79lbs down by June 25/10. I will turn 35 in June so that's perfect. A small goal is to lose 25lbs by Xmas. The reason I joined HM was because I needed a structured plan for food & the support from the center(3x/wk weigh-ins). I absolutely LOVE my center - the girl I see there is AWESOME. She is super friendly & helpful & she's also a fellow HM loser so she's been there/done that. So I am super excited to see the results of my hard work. It's been tough to adjust to program but I have found that planning out the food is KEY to success with this program. I try to plan out the food the day before(or the morning of) and I find it I prep ahead(ie make a couple salads at a time, cook a few chicken breasts & store in fridge for a couple days of meals) I eliminate the stress.

Whew....that was a mouthful(calorie free I might add!). I look forward to joining the weightloss journey with all of you.

HAGN!

HMj.

better life
09-24-2009, 09:00 AM
OMG I did not see the elephant penis.....ha ha ha that is too funny...what I want to know is who the **** weighs these things...well specifically THAT...LMAO

So my next goal is to lose a penis....ha ha ha...well I have quite a bit to lose between now and the elephant dooder...;) as you can see I am feeling a bit better...LOL.

OKay so now I better straighten up and act my age...tee hee.

Destiny...so glad your back on track. Feeling better today thanks, but I hate not being on plan, I am feeling bloated and icky, but I know that can be from what I have going on as well, being bloated is one of the symptoms, but I am not liking it, I feel icky!!

LOL Dria...I hope to someday be able to say I lost a penis too....LOL...I see your ticker has went down again...wow girl way to go...how are you feeling? You must feel amazing!!

HM Junkie...WELCOME!!

You have found a great group here....I know there isn't much out there for us, I am actually on Herbal One, there is nothing much out there for me either but I was welcomed with open arms!! Love it here.

My goal date is Feb 22/10. I have lost 25.5 thus far and I feel amazing. I still have a long ways to go but I love the new person I am becoming. I am feeling more confident especially in CERTAIN situations...wink wink....not that you all needed to know that but I am feeling on a sharing kind of mood....LOL It just feels great to feel great!!

I am glad you have found someone you really like at your center because I feel that is very important.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

BL

Dria
09-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey Better Life
Thanks for noticing. My ticker did go down again. Should see 114 today.
Not bad considering my goal was 120 hey?!?! Just always keep at it and refuse to go back the other way :)
Im so glad to see you ladies doing so well, working so hard to get back on track!!!
I was getting a bit bingy myself so decided to go on the Formula S/E's to help me with that as I was also feeling a bit worn down.
Next Im gonna go on the Lean Extremes lol..... sooooooooooo many good things those ones do!!!!!

Glad to see everyone so motivated. Dont forget why your doing this and it makes it that much more easier :)

amgirl1
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
i went to wi yesterday and im staying the same!! only 11 pounds and 3 weeks! i know the last 10 pounds are the hardest but my goodness do they have to be this harD??? i told the girl at herbal magic that i am stuck and getting very frustrated since it is coming down to like 2 1/2 weeks!!! i just want to lose at least 5 and i know it is possible just i need to do it... there will be no cheating! not even one oz of anything extra. and i have planned my meals out for the next week.. i asked jen what to do and she said to eat all my starches before 4 and switch my bananas as a fruit to citrus fruit.. so right after i left i went and bought a tonne of oranges and now i took all the starches out of my dinners and made them my lunches!!! i hope this works! i am sooo ready for this to be over but i just want to reach my goal! its sooo frustrating this last few weeks is dwindling away!!! does anyone else have any tips to share for me to stick to to get the last pounds off!!! will exercising help? or will that just mess it all up cuz i know muscle was more than fat and all that jazzy stuff but i gotta do this! please give me tips thank you

Dria
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Eat starches by lunch time as said.
Eat every couple of hours

sample

3/4 cup special k for breaky
or Toast
Have a snack of an orange around 10ish

lunch have a VHP shake..... or Meal replacement bar if ya can. Its perfectly measured already and easy for on the go

SNack around 3pm
fruit

Supper a Salad with 2 cups of lettuce
1 cup cukes cut up in salad.....
Protein bar.........
1 oz of grated cheese on the salad. ( in place of salad dressing)

Snack if your hungry?
3 cups of popcorn air popped
with 1 tsp of margerine melted for some flavor. as a free exchange

In between meals keep full with water...... and green tea and peppermint tea........
drink and drink and drink

This is a filling amount of food and easy to follow...... and great on the gly index.

Good luck!!!
Follow this for several days and you should see the scale move!

amb914
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Ladies :)
I've been catching up on the last forum and this one for a few days now. I can tell it's a great place to come with questions and just for overall support through this journey.

This is my second time on HM, as I let things slip away from me the last time I did the program. Have been on for about 10 weeks now, and while I'm a little behind schedule, I know I can reach my goal if I just keep it up.

One question though... I'm curious as to how much TOM will affect one's weight loss? I had been on various forms of birth control (pill, evra, nuva) for about 8 years, not really having a natural period for a long time. I finally freed myself from any form of it in March and didn't have a period until just a few days ago (as it can take a while for the body to regulate itself) My WI showed a smaller loss than I'd anticipated and I'm just wondering how much of a loss I *might* expect when it's over.

So inspiring to follow everyone through their weight loss journeys. Keep it up ladies! :)

Albertachickie
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I want to be an elephant penis too!! Seems that's a common goal here! Who would've thunk?

amb914- Welcome to the group! In my experience, during TOM I lose nothing or very little, and once it's over I show a big loss. Usually up to 3 lbs. But that's just me. Hope it goes the same for you!

amgirl- I wouldn't do any hardcore exercising or anything, but maybe incorporate some light exercising. I found that when I started doing a little bit of cardio, it really helped those pesky pounds come off. Hope you start seeing a drop soon! I can only imagine how frustrated you are!

better life
09-24-2009, 11:55 AM
DRIA girl...you are so very welcome on the noticing, not much gets past me..LOL

Dria....I have 2 starches now. Should I eat them at breakfast and lunch?

Herbal One is a little different I think in food portions here is what my allowance is.

3 proteins
3 veggies
3 fruits
2 starches
1 dairy
2 fats

ONE CHOICE...which can be anything 100 calories or less
FREE CHOICES(2 choices per day)...which is more condiments...light jello...etc.

Could you tell me if I were on the HM plan what I would be eating amount wise? I am not looking to change my amounts, just curious. I have just had the amounts adjusted about 3-4 weeks ago.

I rarely EVER eat my ONE CHOICE....for the 2 FREE CHOICE I usually use that in salad dressing...but that is rare as well, as I usually eat my salads plain.

I was also going over my last few weeks and have noticed I am about 4.5lbs behind on plan. I should be at 28lbs by the end of this week as I am in my 14th week right now. Hoping when I weigh Saturday I will be on track or atleast closer to it!! I am SOOOOOO very happy with my success don't get me wrong, but I just want to be where I should be!!

better life
09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
LMAO Alberta.....yeah who woulda thunk it?

So when you get to goal what do you want to be??

AN ELEPHANT'S PENIS.....LMAO

Dria
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Your all a bunch of elephant penis wanna be's. Only the super cool get to be a penis :P
oi lol so sick.

Exercise suggestions......

Keep it simple.
While watching tv get up off your arse and walk in place. even if only on the commericials
I often do crunches.... squats..... lunges.... pushups and walking in place with a pilates move here and there. I do NOT suggest you do ALL that til you have hit goal and are toning and prepared to see the scale go up a bit instead of down.
Walking in place is a great thing to do cause hey your moving but not sitting burns calories but not much muscle for the time being.

Better life see that menu I posted up there? Follow it to a t
INstead of the meal replacement bar at lunch... have for example

protein
1 chicken breast 5 oz worth
4oz lean ground beef be it a burger patty or meatballs
6 slices of fat free deli meat etc

a small potato or 2 arrowroot cookies.....
or 1.4 cup of rice

my favorite lunch if im not having a bar?

1/2 cup spaghetti
4 oz meatballs
1 tbsp sauce
and an apple.
thats my basic lunch

play around cut to two proteins for losing..... but go back to three once ya hit goal.......

stay away from ketchup and bbq sauce..... nasty full of bad things
use mustard with wreckless abandonment.

I suggest to everyone get starches in by lunch.
If not possible for supper have a light starch... such as
popcorn -3 cups
2 arrowroot cookies
2 graham crackers, not great supper food but.. nice light starches.

most people are not as active come evening so when you eat a starch it kinda sits with you at night time.... hard for us to burn..... so eat them when your most active......

COnsidering Better life you have 3 protiens
id do a protein for breaky
one for lunch
and one for supper!

other fun tricks?
Want a burger?
Have one..... use two pieces of lettuce around the burger as your "bun"

ReneeM102
09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies. I haven't written in a little while, so I thought I'd drop in :) I went for a weigh in today (Haven't been in over a week because of my work schedule) and My total since I started 2 weeks and 2 days ago is down 12lbs. I couldn't believe it! How motivating is THAT!!!
Its great reading everyone elses posts. Its good as a new comer to read about successes! It is possible after all :)

better life
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Dria...thanks so much for the tips!!

I am going to start eating the starches for breakfast and lunch, as I am one the ones that isn't so active..once I get home from work, I am exhausted. I will be starting at the gym next week though...was supposed to start this week but with being sick, that isn't happening.

I do find I have the hardest time trying to get in all 3 proteins, I have eaten so many eggs over the last few years at times I have such a hard time eating them. My main proteins are chicken, pork chops, fat free turkey...and beef MAYBE once a week as I find beef stalls me sometimes.

I was SOOOOO glad when they took one of my veggies...I was finding 4 way too much for me to choke down, but I did it.

I am glad I took the time today to go over things....I also messed up, I am not 4.5lbs off from what I should be at, it is 2.5lbs...who knows maybe I will be down that when I weigh in Saturday, if so I will be right on track!! Hoping for that!!

better life
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Way to go Renee!!

That is great work, keep it up!!

amgirl1
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
ok so i have planned my meals for almost 1 week ahead now... i run a very full schedule since i have two jobs so by preparing meals ahead of time i have been control.. i am startin to bring my fruit along with me instead of eating them in the morning at the dinner table cuz when i get a craving i eat it and it works good for me... just hope the scale goes down tomorrow.. even to like 160. 5 or something would be nice.. just to see that what im doing is beneficial to me...my last plateau was not so bad cuz i wasn't so close to my goal.. 160 for me is overweight but 159 is ideal so i'd really just like to be in the 150's!!! i hope this all works.. thank you for the meal plan and all the tips.. do you think going for a little roller blading session in the morning will help me out? i walk alot as i am a waitress then at my hairdressing job (since this town is dead after labor day weekend) i basically plan my meals and think about eating.. maybe i should start pacing :) that might have to work... and by the time i get home at 9 or so im dead so i have to get up early to prepare my lunches and stuff :S i know confusing... I am trying and i guess that is the best i can do... we can do this ladies!!!

HMJunkie
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
W/I today -.6lbs since tuesday - not bad b/c that's 3.4lbs for the week.

Still pushing on...next W/I is Sat.

Keep up the good work everyone :D

HMj.

Albertachickie
09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
:woohoo: I'm out of the 180's!! I weighed in at 179.6 lbs today!! Yippee! So long 180's. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Betterlife- Good luck tomorrow!! I'll be waiting to hear how it goes!

cookingmyselfthin
09-25-2009, 04:36 PM
hello darlings!

I haven't posted in a few days, always takes a while to check up on everyone's progress!

Somewhere up there someone mentioned the lunch meats thing. Go to the deli and get yourself the fat free lunch meats (ham, turkey and chicken) they are the same as the prepackaged crap but taste much better (less chemically) they are the schneiders ones, same as in the package, just remember that the ones in the deli are normally larger slices so keep that into consideration when you are portioning out your serving.

I got my Zumba Dvd's in this week, that is why I haven't been on in a while, I was busy zumbaing. I had a smile cookie from Tim horton's (have to support the good cause) I bought myself one, decided that was my free exchange and told myself I couldn't have it until I had completed an hour of Zumba. Weightloss hasn't been that great this week but I am attributing it to the Zumba as it is a pretty intense workout.

I was wondering if any of you have issues with *cough* irregularity.... I have issues from time to time and am looking for a good remedy. One of the women at my centre suggested I try hot water with lemon first thing in the morning. The issue for me was that I think I would much rather continue on the path I was on than drink that crap!

Suggestions would be appreciated!

Take care ladies!

May all your weigh in's be happy!

better life
09-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Amgirl....good luck I hope this works for you!! There is no reason it shouldn't..right?? Kick that at in the A**!! LOL

HMJunkie....way to go girl, you are doing awesome!! Good luck tomorrow!!

ALBERTA!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO.....so tell me what does it feel like to be in the 170"s????? So hoping I can tell you myself tomorrow!!

Cooking....nice to see you back!! Way to gon the Zumba...have never tried it myself, is it alot of fun?

Well I had another great day at work being noticed today..EVERYONE was commenting on how good I look, damn it feels good!! One co-worker told me it looks like I have lost another 10lbs since she just seen me a week ago...WAHOOO!!!!!!!

Next weekend is going to be an interesting one to see how friends react to my weightloss. I have friends I haven't seen since the first week of June, I will be seeing them next weekend as I just found out tonight that I am going to see my ULTIMATE FAVORITE Keith Urban next Saturday night in Toronto. I have lost 25.5 lbs and 50 inches since the last time I seen them, none of them have a clue that I am doing HO. So it will be interesting.

I am so excited that I am going....I LOVE KEITH....do we have any fans here?? Boy the stories I could tell you guys....LOL

Anyway...I am off for the night. No kids tonight just the hubby and I...tht doesn't happen very often!!

Have a great night ladies....I know I will....LOL ;) ;)

Destiny
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Just saying "Hello". Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still on track with eating which I am so happy about. I joined a bootcamp...and it starts tomorrow eiii.
I'll fill you guys in tomrrow.
Have a great night!!!!

HMJunkie
09-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Have fun at the concert tonight BL! I am not a KU fan(not into country music) but my friend went in Rochester & she loved it - even got a hug from Keith!!!

WTG Alberta for hitting the next "decade"!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!

Everyone cross their fingers for me at tomrrow's W/I....only down .2lbs this am on my home scale so I am hoping for a better number tmro!!!!

HAGN!

HMj.

Albertachickie
09-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks girls!! Boy oh boy it feels great! Excited to see how the 160's feel!

Betterlife- Are you sure you aren't my long lost sister? I love love LOVE Keith Urban. I always thought I would be the one to marry him. Oh sexy Keith!

better life
09-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Destiny...let us know how you make out!! The word BOOTCAMP scares me...LOL...All I can picture is that guy off the show..The last 10lbs...I think that is what it is called...and that Dude can be scary...LOL

HMJunkie...good luck today with the WI...I am sure your going to do great!!
I seen Keith in Rochester...<3...nothing like a Keith hug....well unless it kissing him on his sweet face...and hearing him say THANK YOU BABY...TWICE!! LMAO

Keith oh Keith....LOL

Where do you think I got my boardname from......BETTER LIFE....KU!! I am a huge fan...5 years and going strong. I have seen Keith MANY times and have met him 6 times. 4 of them were quick meetings at Canada AM, but it was AWESOME...and the other 2 were meet and greets. He is such a sweetheart....I cannot wait to go next Saturday!!

Alberta did you not go to his shows he was just out your way last week??
We must be sisters...that is too funny...I bet we have ALOT in common!!

If you guys EVER for some reason hear a clip of someone asking him to sing Brown Eyed Girl for him and he DOES sing it...THAT IS ME!!!! I met him back in June in Detroit, and asked him...I just about DIED when he sang it for me!!

Maybe I will share a pic with you guys sometime!!

Okay off the KU subject....I was thinking lastnight and if anything....all I want today for my WI is to put me back on track which would be 180.75lbs...but I will gladly take more!! On my scales I am back between 179-180...I think my scales are out by 1.5lbs though. As long as the scales go down I know I will be happy...it has been tough though not being able to at properly with this stupid bug I had...thank goodness it is gone!!

Well I am off to soak in a nice hot tub, then I am going to go through my wardrobe and see what I can wear today....I LOVE TO HAVE CHOICES!!!!!!!

Have a great day ladies...will be back later to share my WI with you all....PRAY FOR ME....180.75!!!!!

XO
BL

better life
09-26-2009, 02:25 PM
And the numbers are in!!!!

2.25lbs!!!! I was .25 away from my goal of 28lbs to keep me on track!! I am SO OK with those numbers though!! My goal for this week is to lose atleast 2.25lbs that will put me at the 30lb mark.....and also in the 170's!! I am so excited to se the 170's again...I seen them 2 years ago for a short time...this time there will be NO TURNING BACK!!

My mom hit her 20lb mark today...so happy for her!! Mom doesn't have as much to lose as I....so happy to be doing this together!!

So I wore today a pair of jeans I bought almost 2 years ago, when I lost the weight, I think they are looser on me now then when I bought them...WOO HOO!!! And a little top so that when I do kneel down my tattoo on my back does show...and I am not afraid to show it...anymore!! Little things like that mean so much to me!!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

Off to change my ticker and stats!!

ReneeM102
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok...I've been on the program now for 2 and a half weeks...today is the first time I can honestly say I'm starving!!! HELP!?!?! lol
Any suggestions?? Did anyone else feel this way this early into it?? I won't cheat...I won't let myself...but any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated!! :)

better life
09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Have you eaten all your food for today?? What about your free exchange??

Have some water...go for a walk.....LOL...do anything but do not give into it!!

ReneeM102
09-26-2009, 09:24 PM
OK...so I didn't give in! My daughter has a friend over for the night....they wanted Pizza so I made that for them, and made myself some lean beef and veggies...I was alright after I ate! lol Now I've got an apple with cinnamon baking in the over and when it comes out...a tsp of peanut butter....its my saviour!!!!! lol
Thanks Better Life for the suggestions! lol

better life
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Way to go Renee!!

Love the apple and cinnamon...I do that myself...and peanut butter, that is a bad one for me....I LOVE LOVE LOVE PB!!!!

HMJunkie
09-26-2009, 10:18 PM
WTG on your loss BL!!!!!! You are definitely on track from the sounds of it!!!!

OK so here's the scoop on my W/I - down -1.2lbs at W/I for a total of -4.6lbs! Not bad for the first week or so!! Oh and I'm in the next "decade"! yahooooo!!!

So -4.6lbs on HM....but also down almost 20lbs since the start of the year! weeeeeeeeee :) the skinnier me is coming out!! hehe

I was thinking tonight when I was prepping my meals for tomorrow it's a good thing I take an hour or two to pre-plan my food for the next few days b/c omg I would be so screwed!! I already have salad made for the next few days, bought some x-lean ground beef & weighed 6 x 4oz patties out to cook tmro for the next week or so. Lunch is bagged and gtg for work tmro...feels good to be organized!!!! I totally feel in control of my eating & am proud to own it!!!!!!

Hugs to all - HAGN!

HMj.

Albertachickie
09-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Great Job Betterlife! I'm loving all my skinny girl clothes too! I have clothes that I've worn once or twice that are fitting again. It's very exciting! Keep showing that tattoo off girl!

HMJUNKIE- Holy organized! That's awesome. Good job setting your self up for SUCCESS! Keep up the great work! You'll be outta the 200s in no time!

Today I indulged in a little piece of birthday cake. EEK!! But I figured, you only get a birthday once a year...why not! My mom sent me home with half of the slab of cake. I tried my darndest to resist bringing that damn cake home but she just wouldn't let up, so you wanna know what I did when I got home... I threw it out...all of it and made my husband take the garbage outside!! That's a big step for me. I LOVE cake! I also went shopping for some new clothes....I was very excited to be able to fit mostly in the normal sized clothes. An XL, but no more plus sizes for this girl! YAHHOOOO!

better life
09-27-2009, 08:25 AM
HMJunkie....thanks so much!! :) It feels so great to be back on track, a couple of weeks ago I was in a funk, but I pulled myself out...with the help of all you guys here..and it sure feels good!!

Way to go on the planning ahead, it sure does help.

Alberta....:bday2you:!!!!! And your right you have aB-day once a year so why not, I am sure you didn't have the biggest slab ever and way to go on giving the rest the toss!! That alone is success!!! My b-day is in November...so I will have to deal with that soon myself....but we have to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first....DARN HOLIDAYS!!!! LOL

Well..off I go for some breakfast.

Have a great day!!

Destiny
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Good Morning!!
Bootcamp was HARD WORK. It's twice a week for 10 weeks.
Tomorrow I will be going for my first WI in 2 weeks. I hope it goes well.

Congrads on all the losses!!!!!!!!!!!!

better life
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Good luck tomorrow Destiny!! I am sure you will do great!!
Could you move after the bootcamp? I went to the gym yesterday and today I am a wee bit sore!! But it felt great!!

Tomorrow night is the workout and aquafit night....Tuesday should be interesting....LOL

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Lauratigger
09-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey everyone
I just found this group and you guys are sooo motivating!

I've been on HM since Aug 4 and down almost 20lbs (another 20 or so to go).

Congrats BL on your progress - love, love, love fitting into the skinny clothes again.

Destiny - I'm also doing bootcamp (and lots of other exercise - probably more than my HM girls want me to do) and loving it. Hope you're having fun!

Thanks for posting on the group - I love reading everyone's posts!
Laura

Albertachickie
09-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Welcome Laura! I hope you enjoy it here!

Destiny- I'm with Betterlife...the word BOOTCAMP scares the crap outta me! LOL... Where are you guys doing that at? How does one get involved in a Bootcamp???

Betterlife- Thanks for the birthday wishes. I kind of blew it today a little bit. My husband took me out for dinner and I indulged yet again. OOPPS. BUT tomorrow is a new day! I sure hope that I am still in the 170's as tomorrow is my birthday, which was my mini goal date! However I am going to ROCK October. My new mini goal for Halloween is to be 167lbs or lower. Wanna join me in the 160's for Halloween??

Went shopping today and I actually bought a pair of jeans that were size 34! I couldn't believe it! I can't even remember the last time I wore a size 34! Makes me so very happy!

better life
09-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Alberta...YOUR ON!!! My goal will be 169....12lbs!!

I will be back later, no time to write, slept in, but I had to pop in and say Hello!!

SO...

HELLO....have a great day you bunch of LOSERS!!!!

BL

momof5k
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Phew!! I hit the 70 pound mark and am just .4 over 200!! :woohoo:

Onederland by the end of the week, I hope :)

Aimes
09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi I've been lurking for a while and decided to post.....I lost about 17 lbs so far but over the weekend I completely lost it. I'm looking for something that will help give me a boost this week and help me break the lil plateau I was in...

Has anyone tried purify?? I heard my friend talking about it and was wondering if this could give me a lil weigt loss boost this week?

Anyone have any other tips????

Also looking for recipes if anyoone has any:)

momof5k
09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Aimes,

I haven't tried it but was told a bit about it as it is on sale on my centre this month. I am planning to wait until I get stuck a bit before I try it.

In theory, I think that a cleanse like that is a great idea!

ReneeM102
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Yay! Went for a WI today....down a total of 15.4lbs since I started 3 weeks ago! What an amazing feeling! I'm so happy! Now to keep at it. I'll be going out of town on Saturday until Wednesday...eating out 3 times a day...any suggestions...has anyone else done this?? How was your weight affected?? I know there are smart choices at restaurants...and I hope there is a fridge in the hotel that I could keep good things in....but I'll be so disapointed if I gain!! Help??

TLAK531
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey all,
Weighed in today and almost at the 160's...should happen this week since I AM going to behave myself. 171.6! Went to Keith Urban last night and he was awesome! Didn't even eat out before the concert which is kind of a ritual with my husband and I. But I told him I didn't want to and he was fine about it. He is so supportive...hope all of you guys have someone so supportive!

Renee...you could get some protein bars or meal replacement bars for your trip...they are great and all measure for you then have a salad in a restaurant and see if they have fat free dressing. I would suggest packing fruit if you are able or stop in at a grocery store where you are going.

Hope everyone had a great wi!

Lauratigger
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I find eating out is always soooo hard - good luck Renee! That's a great idea to bring bars. I would increase your water too, as you'll probably be consuming more salt than you're used to.

I'm a regular at Bootcamp at our gym, and I absolutely love it. I feel so strong when I'm done. However, I have found that I'm super hungry days I do it, and then I tend to cheat on the diet (totally counterproductive). I've got a bit of a cold so sluggish this week - maybe bootcamp break.

Have a great skinny night everyone!

Destiny
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!
I went to my WI today and I'm down to 169.6 OMG i'm in the 160's wooo hooo. Anyhow, I'm feeling great and supeer motivated.

BOOTCAMP doea sound scary, but not as bad as you think. I mean I'm still alive to talk about it..hahaha I was pretty sore two days after, feeling aches and pains in parts of my body that i never knew i had.lol
As to how i got invovle:I just saw a advertisment and called. It's all done outdoors, whether it rain or shine. Mostly women, and there is about 12 of us. I really enjpy it so far.

Have a great night Ladies!!!!!!!!