Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Salad Works

Every Friday I like to "splurg" and pick up lunch from Salad Works. As of lately though, I've been questioning my choice of salad from there. I usually like to go with a Nicoise Salad (An iceberg, romaine and pasta blend, topped with chunk tuna, tomatoes, chopped hard cooked eggs and Spanish black olives.) with Green Goddess dressing mixed in. I know this might not be the most "calorie friendly" choice from there but it sure is tasty and sadly, I'm nearly hooked on it. Anywho, today is the day I think I might break the trend and go with a more "calorie friendly" salad and dressing. Any suggestions? What's your favorite?
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Have you looked at their website?

http://www.saladworks.com/

Unfortunately, I don't have one near me so I can't offer too much help, but I bet that website has a ton of nutritional information. Good luck!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Order the salad on the side. You save a lot of calories this way, dip your fork in the dressing and then in the salad, and then take a bite, You will reduce calories by doing this.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Your salad without dressing has 636 calories, 12 grams of fat and 7 grams of fiber. The dressing is 113 calories, and 13 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons. And if it's a big salad, there are probably quite a few tablespoons in there.

This website:

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=saladworks

Seems to have a lot of the salads in there, but I don't live near a SaladWorks, so I don't know what's in any of the salads. Maybe cross reference this list to the menu and try to make a decision from there. I would go with what the previous poster said, though, about keeping your dressing on the side. Places like that do tend to slather the dressing on. I think there could easily be at least 6T of dressing on a big salad like that...

EDITED!!

Take everything I just said with a grain of salt. I finally got through to the website nutrition area (had to pretend I lived in Tampa Florida -- it won't give you nutrition without knowing your location) and it was completely different. Maybe there are two different sizes? The nutrition I got from the other website was 247 calories which frankly seems too low for the pasta and olives and egg... So I don't know what to tell you. The higher number seems more likely, but I have NO idea what sort of amounts of anything you're getting since I've never seen this place before! (We don't have no fancy schmancy SALAD restaurants in these here parts. Before we eat cheese we make sure to bread it any fry it first...)

So I'd maybe ask the people at SaladWorks.

Last edited by Rebound; 07-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I think I should probably clarify. The example salad I ate was when I wasn't dieting and even then, I wouldn't even dare eat the entire thing but yeah, the dressing is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine regardless! Anyone, I decided to go with a nice garden salad with light dressing on the side, and no roll.
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote