Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Default Cheese Cake Factory is the EVIL!!

I'm invited to a bachelorette party tom. We're going to cheesecake factory for dinner. I was just checking what I could eat there and I was shocked by the calories and sodium the food has.
The lowest calories was 2 appetizer, one is chicken pot stickers with 377 cal. and 2341 SODIUM. Second one is edamame with 323 cals. and 1261 SODIUM. I mean its just some beans. How could it have so much sodium?
I guess I'll be not hungry for dinner or just have a tossed salad.
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

Cheesecake Factory is good in small doses... When I go there, all bets are off when it comes to eating well. I just love their Cheesecake and .... errr actually I need to leave this thread now because I cant even say that word without getting cravings!
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #3  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Dietnlose, try eating a sandwich or something small before you go to dinner. It will help curb your appetite and you can order something like side dishes. It's awesome to get creative with veggie or rice side dishes in restaurants, plus they are much cheaper to order than a full meal. I do it all the time and spent five bucks at Chili's once and a full course dinner of mushrooms, rice, peppers, and apples. You can create your own meal with sides.

Last edited by Minya; 07-17-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/151.8/135

Height: 5'3"

What about letting yourself have one cheat meal, and not going overboard. I allow myself one cheat meal a week where I still make good choices but I don't restrict myself the way I do the rest of the week. But yes I agree Cheesecake Factory would be very hard for me too.... Oh the dreamy desserts! .... and everything else on their menu for that matter.
NicoleN1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

just order a salad without cheese/dressing/croutons or something similar. dont feel bad about being picky, its their fault for leaving you no other option! i also agree, eat something protein/fiber dense before you go so you wont be tempted to eat any more than you plan. drink a lot of water and converse a lot! the meal will fly and you wont be all bloated from all the salt tomorrow. good luck!!
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Their menu is pretty huge - but tucked away in there someplace are some healthy salads. The last time I was there, I ordered the Weight Management Spicy Chicken salad. It was a reasonable calorie count and was very tasty! I actually stole a little guacamole from my boyfriend's quesadillas (he hates it, I love it) and it was PERFECT. It felt yummy and treaty but was still a good option for restaurant dining.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...heesecake.html

Have fun!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i agree. Cheat meal. You deserve it. And it won't hurt you. Plus, you don't want to feel deprived and then end up obsessing about cheesecake.

if you really want. Have a good patched together entre. chicken and a salad. And then go ahead and eat a small pc of cheesecake (share it with a friend if you can).
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #8  
chomp chomp

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

When I go to CF, I usually order a take-out box with my cheesecake, and just put half the cheesecake in the box right away.
kitchencurtains3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #9  

I hate having to use anything considered to be a cheat meal on someone elses pick of a time/place.(Sorry-im an only child )
If you really love the cheesecake factory and you personnally consider this to be a dining/food experience that you have wanted, then by all means, do your best and eat what you like off the menu and be done with it. It will be what you have wanted and there will be minimal bad feelings.
....But, if you could care less about the cheesecake factory, and you have other 'cheats' in mind that would be far more enjoyable-stick to your guns.
Eat a full meal before you go, order a salad there or if people look at you cross (and that bothers you) order the nastiest thing on the menu and just smoosh it round your plate.
No one will notice or care.

Anytime I've let's something/someone else decide when I should go off plan, it makes me feel crappy, unsatisfied and guilty.
Just something to think about
Good luck.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

this is my mom's favorite place to eat, so we go often, 2+ time a month, so it can't be a cheat meal thing all the time someone posted this link to the calorie counts of most of the things, I was surprised simple things had so many calories, even going half can be dangerous there. the chicken teriyaki used to be a favorite of mine, I thought grilled chicken and rice couldn't have too many calories..but it is quite alot. even the fish has alot. the weight management menu is good, the chinese chicken salad is pretty big for under 600 calories but I feel like I'm cheating and eating a big meal, I usually can't eat it all and take some home.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote