Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/179/165

Height: 5'5

Question What Am I Doing Wrong???

I am so sick of falling off the wagon. I do good for about 2-3 weeks then I get stuck. I have good eating habits. But, I don't think I am eating enough or something. Here is an example below of what I eat. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

breakfast-1 pk of instant oatmeal made w/ water
snack-banana
lunch-salad or 6 inch subway sub on wheat bread
dinner- baked chicken or fish
green beans or vege beans or salad

snacks through out the day are usually either fruit,baked vege crackers,graham crackers,dry shread wheat cereal, yogurt,or 100 calorie snack
rasta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

How many points are you supposed to be consuming each day? If you are way below your points target every day, your body will be in starvation mode and you will not see a loss.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I would add more snacks. Keep them healthy - like apple with cheese wedge type things. Also, fiber one bars - usually 2 pts each - yummo and will keep you regular (little bonus there). Snacks will help add variety.

Don't be afraid to relax a little - use your weekly points now and then - to splurge. You don't have to go off the wagon to endulge. I have a sonic cheeseburger (no fries) every week or two just to keep my fast food demons satisfied. Find what you can't live without and work it in now and then. It's ok to not eat perfect - just have to make your own path. To be effective it must be a way of life- not just a moment of perfection. You can't be diet perfect every day of your life. Allow yourself something you crave here and there, then maybe if it's not all or nothing you won't feel like you cheated or fell off the wagon.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/179/165

Thanks! I am allowed 26 pt . I am going to add more healthy snacks
rasta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I'm on 25 points a day, and I honestly eat way way more than that! I also try to really make sure I am varying things. That doesn't mean I have something different every day, but it means I have 3-4 staple breakfasts that I rotate.

Try switching the oatmeal for something with some protein - maybe a slice or two of low-point toast with an egg, or some yogurt with fruit and cereal?

Also, could you trade your banana (usually 2pts) for other fruits - e.g. a peach, a cup of berries, or grapes (each 1pt) - so you are getting more variety?
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #6  
It's Just Me

S/C/G: 384.2/ 368.2/ 150

Height: 5'4

Ever since my leader mentioned the low fat nutrigrain Eggos I've been hooked!!! I too indulge though. If I don't have one night where I can eat whatever I want I won't stick to the program. My gf has lost about 55 pounds and she isn't as careful as I am and is still doing awesome! I think for me I just had to find out what worked for ME!We are all different and have different lifestyles, bodies, and likes/dislikes. To do what I do might not work for you. I've been "playing with my food" for about four months looking for what works for me and I've found what keeps me happy, sane and truly enjoy my program these days. Weight Watchers isn't a diet, it's a way of life and if you look at it that way and find out what makes you tick you'll do awesome!!!
PuppyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #7  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

I know it seems like everyone is saying this but I eat 5 smaller meals.
When I get up I typically eat 30 minutes aftewards and then space the meals out every two to three hours. And like everyone else said, maybe add a little variation as well!
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #8  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

are you exercising? sometimes adding a little activity makes a big difference.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/319/180

Height: 5'8"

You have 26 points so make sure you eat them all! It's very important because like Heather said, if you are eating less than that, then your body is holding on to the calories you are taking in because it thinks you are starving it. And make sure you TRACK everything you eat....I can't stress this enough. It's so easy to forget the little bites here and there that add up pretty damn quickly. "If you bite it, write it!"

Last edited by Ginabean; 08-05-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Ginabean is offline   Reply With Quote