Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #1  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Unhappy Not a binge. Still emotional eating.

Well ladies, I need some advice... or mayber just an ear.

Today is the closest I have come to a binge in almost a month.

Something happened to me today that has set my emotions racing. I am not sure exactly what I feel... I just know that when my emotions are out of control eating is a release for mw, a way for me to control them. And I just ate.

It was not a binge... or what my "normal" binges are like. It was simply eating a larger quainty of something with my dinner than I normally eat (of something I don't eat at all anymore) I have been very good about following my plan, watching my fat intake, counting my calories... until now. I threw my entire eating plan out the window because I needed some comfort. This threw my calorie count out the window today by adding almost 800 extra calories to my day. I feel like crap right now. Bloated and uncomfortable. And like I took a huge step backwards.

I know that it could have been worse... that I could have eaten much, much more, and added many many more calories... but I was starting to feel like I was getting a handle on this. Now I can't help wonder if that is true.

I guess I just needed to vent.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #2  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Sweetcurves,
I had a rough couple of days,and did have a binge after doing great for about six
weeks. You probably are getting a handle & doing better,just like I am. But We
have to remember,we are not going to be perfect everyday. Some days are going to be tougher than others. I went right back on it after the binge.And plan on staying on it tomorrow &after. Persistance not perfection.

Last edited by Tracy; 07-16-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Don't beat yourself up over this, Just get back on track tommorrow! Everyone overindulges once in a while!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hugs! I am sorry you had a bad day. Work through the stress sweetie.

Find another way to handle the emotions. A hot bath/shower. paint your toenails. I always find primping on me makes me feel better and a little sexier.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #5  
Little One

Thank you guys. I appreciate your words. I have been not doing well at all the last three days... I hate the fact that I have gotten off track again... But I will not let it stop me from moving foward, or let it take away from all that I have done so far. It is just so hard getting started again after a few bad days.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCurves32 View Post
but I was starting to feel like I was getting a handle on this. Now I can't help wonder if that is true.:?
Well, if by "starting to get a handle on this" you really mean "perfection" then, yeah, you should wonder if it's true. But if you really meant "starting to get a handle on this," then you have no evidence to the contrary, and a month of evidence to support
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #7  
Little One

Perfection? No, not even close. And I am totally okay with that. As Tracy said it is about persistance not perfection. I don't expect to ever have such a handle on this, that I never mess up. I just want to know that when things get tough I don't fall back into bad habits... or if I do, that I know what has to be done to get out and get back on track. You are right though. I do have a month to show for it so maybe I am getting a handle of this.

Thanks!