South Beach Diet - I CAN DO THIS (restarting the SBD)

mythreesons
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
I feel like I have made a post like this before. I did the SBD about 5 years ago, and lost about 40 lbs. I felt great. I then had a child, and then another, and finally one more. (yes, I had three children in just over 3 years). With each child, I continued to gain weight and then not lose it. The weight significantly added on each time. I have been trying to diet for about 3 months now with some small success but then I revert back to my old ways. I now have about 70 lbs to lose (I have managed to keep off about 15 lbs). The SBD is a great WOE for me b/c I never felt deprived on it. I am planning on doing some shopping and some menu planning tonight and then jumping on the bandwagon tomorrow. Hopefully, if I make daily stops on here, I will be able to be accountable for my actions.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and share successes.

Kris

Pnut Butter
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Kris, welcome aboard! it's great that you've decided to get healthy. while i don't have kids of my own (does a dog count?), i could only imagine how hard it is. you should be proud of yourself for losing 40lbs in the first place, thats a great accomplishment! good luck to you kris, keep us posted on your progress and keep moving strong! take care

beachgal
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
:welcome3: Kris!

My mom gained her weight that way and still hasn't lost it, 30 years later. It caused a lot of trouble for all of us and major health issues for her, so I'm VERY glad to hear that you're being so proactive! :yay:

Think about why you've found it hard to stay on track in the past and then plan strategies for how you can avoid those problems/situations in the future. It's worth the time and effort to plan for success! :D

cottagebythesea
07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Welcome back, Kris! I remember you and am happy you've decided to hop back on board with us. :)

Lexxiss
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Kris:sunny: and :welcome2:

I am fairly new here so it's nice to meet you. I lost most of my weight on my own, way too slowly. I am really committed here. I've lost 20# in 10 weeks and feel great.

I feel like with the support here, I can reach my goals and finally find success in maintaining my new WOL.

It seems there are quite a few ladies just starting P1 who are posting on the P1 thread. You already know you can do this!!

Best Wishes!

SunshineCA
07-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi Kris! :)

You've definitely come to the right place for positive support and accountability.

Welcome back and congrats on the 3 boys! You've been busy. ;)

jandaman
07-17-2009, 05:33 AM
hi kris!!! always nice to meet a fellow "back to the beach"er. let's do this thang!!!!
and three boys- what an accomplishment! that makes this WOL a (pardon the food metaphor) piece of sbd-friendly cake :)

mythreesons
07-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am definitely in the right mindset this morning. I have everything I need to eat on plan today! I am GOING to do this.

Ruthxxx
07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Good for you! Mindset is all! Nice to see you posting on the Phase I thread.