Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - what's your favorite 'healthy' food?

Pnut Butter
07-15-2009, 05:41 PM
mine is CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER. i just can't get enough of it! i think its the peanut butter that satisfies my sweet tooth, cause i was never much of a celery fan. im hooked, i think i need to join a support group, other than this one lol

Pita09
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM
:D I never thought of peanut butter as a healthy food, but I only like Jiff creamy and lots of it.

My favorite healthy food(s) are:
strawberries and blueberries
low fat yogurt
Light vanilla soymilk
Kashi Go Lean cereal
onions
green peppers
broccoli
zucchini
sweet-potato
whole wheat, low-carb tortillas
laughing cow cheese
low-fat Triscuits
boneless chicken breast
balsamic vinegar
and of course the very healthy, dark chocolate

Just to name a few :cool:

mandalinn82
07-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Popcorn wins for most favorite.

Runners up:
Peaches, all berries, and red seedless grapes
Nonfat greek yogurt
Garlic and Onion
Whole wheat couscous
Whole wheat mini bagels
No sugar added lowfat ice cream (my one truly additive-and-sweetener filled indulgence...I have some nearly every night with berries or other fruit).

MugCanDoIt
07-15-2009, 06:21 PM
roasted cauliflour--you can eat lots and lots if you want!

JulieJ08
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Lately it's grapes.

SugarHabit
07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
i second the cauliflower! its also great mashed stead of potatoes.

and i looove Arrowhead Mills steel cut oats.

um.. and..u definitely can't go wrong with some dark chocolate as mentioned above.

Beans/lentils. amazing. fiber protein. all natural..super good.

watermelon. although i dont know how healthy it is if you eat the entire one half of one in a sitting.. so i do have to watch it with the stuff.. but its super yum healthy food. Peaches and raspberries also amazing. OKay i'm making myself hungry now. gotta go get a snack!!:dizzy:

kaplods
07-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Fruits in general (lychees, Ranier cherries, and watermelon in particular) are my weakness, and I can eat them well past the quantities that could be considered healthy.

Every year, it's become a bit of a tradition that my first pound of Ranier cherries is eaten in a 24 hour period. It aggravates my IBS, and I ration portions more carefully (but still a bit excessively) until the season is over. Luckily it's a short season, because I eat way too many. It usually doesn't hamper weight loss, but it really aggravates the IBS. It's insane to eat something to the point it gives me digestive trouble, but they're just so insanely good.

Pea tendrils (leaves and shoots of garden peas, chinese pea pods or snap peas) are one of my favorite summer veggies. I stir fry it alone or with a bit of meat, or steam it (you can use it like spinache and other greens).

In general, I just love summer and fall, because the farmer's market is like a produce candy store. So much variation, and so many colors, flavors, and textures. Mmmmm.

Pnut Butter
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
pita, peanut butter isnt that great for you true cause its fat but good fat, kinda like avocado. but good healthy food choices ladies, now im gettin hungry. pita have u ever had sweet potato fries? u can do they homemade just cut into slivers, brush with olive oil, and bake. makes u feel like your not even eating healthy!

Beck
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Asparagus
Avocado
Edamame
Peanut butter (natural, no sugar)
Hummus

newleaf123
07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
In the summer, it's tomato with basil. Just had this for dinner tonight -- yum!

BlueToBlue
07-16-2009, 02:40 AM
oat bran
peanut butter
nuts
Greek yogurt
cottage cheese mixed with Greek yogurt
raspberries
spring/summer fruit (apricots, nectarines, cherries, blueberries, peaches, plums, pluots, melons)
cookies made out of almond meal
Meg's Fiber One Muffins (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2067764-post2.html)
nonfat, low-sugar frozen yogurt

gailr42
07-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Tomato with basil

peaches

Greek yogurt

Dark chocolate

azmom
07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Barbara, where do you buy your low-sugar nonfat frozen yogurt and what brand is it?

biosci02
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I have so many, but if I had to pick just one I'd say cucumbers. I feel so refreshed after eating one.

sharongracepjs
07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Bananas
Chickpeas (hummus!)
Lean ground turkey
Oatmeal
Spinach salad
Tomatoes
Yogurt (used in place of everything from butter to mayo!)
Zucchini

Stella
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Mangoes, Raspberries, Grilled Salmon... hmmm...

healthymom01
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
My absolute favorite is hummus, in particular garlic hummus. I love to make my own and use it with a variety of fresh veggies (peppers, carrots, celery, you name it).

Also love:

Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Pineapple
Watermelon

integragirl1
07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
My favorites include hummus with pita bread and chimichurri sauce (I put it on grilled fish or chicken)

Hyacinth
07-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Shrimp or scallops, mangoes, berries, avocadoes. Hot peppers.

DanSinDeva
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh I'm so glad someone put roasted Cauliflower, I just recently discovered this and i eat it all the time now. I looked up the calorie nutrient information on calorie king and it's fantastic, because i'll eat a whole head for dinner. A large head has TONS of Fiber and Protein..crazy! Tossed with Chili Powder, raw sunflower seeds, garlic salt, YUM!

I lOVE LOVE LOVE Grilled Fresh Green Beans too, I try and get them pretty black sprinkle them with sea salt, lightly of course, and they are my replacement for french fries!!

Pretty much any veggie grilled, I love it year round!

emileigh
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Favorite healthy foods are strawberries, bananas, and 'light and fit' vanilla yogurt. I also like romaine lettuce with chopped tomatoes.

HeatherEljohari
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Fav healthy foods:
-popcorn (addiction lately)
- blueberries
-strawberries
-oranges
- lentil
- almonds yum yum

lunameower
08-06-2009, 01:29 AM
I have recently started using lentils and I love them, they have a nutty peppery flavor, I prefer using the green, they are a little hardier and good to add to salads or pasta, i even put them on a pita with a little Italian dressing. Frankly I'm a fan of the grains, I just started eating quinoa as well, but yeah, they are good.

fitnessgal
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Hmmmm. I'd have to say Mangos!!! But I guess they are a little on the sugary side :) (even though it's natural sugar)

firefliesandpixies
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
My favorites right now are:

Banana with almond butter, a titch of honey, and a sprinkling of cinnamon
Oat bran
Whole fat Fage greek yogurt

scgirl1080
08-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Hmmm....I have a lot, but here are my favs:

frozen blueberries
WW boston cream pie yogurt
peanut butter
edamame....mmmmm
grilled chicken
cucumbers
any kind of fruit
rice cakes- i even like the plain ones
rice cakes with PB

by the way...
What is this greek yogur everone is taking about?

Essa415
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
An Egg white omlette loaded with spinich and muchrooms... yummm