Support Groups - "enough Is Enough" Group.

View Full Version : "enough Is Enough" Group.

Nightmare
07-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey you fellow "enough is enough" members, today is another day to help us reach our weight goals.

I, am on a diet program that is essentially portion size and healthy food choices. Because it's all about developing a healthy lifestyle change.

I, personally am in a great deal of pain and I'm thinking that by getting this weight off it will help my situation. Hey, it couldn't hurt the situation!!!

I, also belong to a TOPS support group to give me some accountability of my weight loss. :running: And I was just thinking about putting on my tennis shoes and walking to the mailbox to pick up the morning paper. Which, you might think is a VERY short walk out to the curb, but alas I leave out in the country and my mailbox is about 2 acres away. My driveway alone is about the length of two football fields. So, it's an okay jaunt for a morning wake up call!!!

Then, I'll come home, take a shower, make my breakfast and take my meds. :carrot: Then it's time to get busy.

Have a great day and remember we can do this.

KELLI

inthemidst
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Kelli,
Hope you had a great day.

A

Nicki54
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey I've found you both!

My plan is to calorie count with exercise to get the weight off. However I must also realise that I have a problem around food and that is the fact that I'm a compulsive overeater.

Ok I've posted this on 2 other threads already but I'm so thankful to have such a supportive partner that I'm posting up again my husbands idea to help me.

This is his idea. I open up a savings account in my name and for every 1lb I lose he will put in 10 then once I've lost a stone (14lb) I can withdraw 100 to spend on clothes, make up hair, beauty treatments, whatever I want as long as it is for me, this will happen for every stone I lose until I reach my goal weight he will then buy me a nice little second hand car! The remaining money in my account will go to The National Autistic Society. Then the account will be closed.

Nicki.

I'll be back to chat later when I've finished the dreaded ironing!

Nightmare
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey I've found you both!

My plan is to calorie count with exercise to get the weight off. However I must also realise that I have a problem around food and that is the fact that I'm a compulsive overeater.

Ok I've posted this on 2 other threads already but I'm so thankful to have such a supportive partner that I'm posting up again my husbands idea to help me.

This is his idea. I open up a savings account in my name and for every 1lb I lose he will put in 10 then once I've lost a stone (14lb) I can withdraw 100 to spend on clothes, make up hair, beauty treatments, whatever I want as long as it is for me, this will happen for every stone I lose until I reach my goal weight he will then buy me a nice little second hand car! The remaining money in my account will go to The National Autistic Society. Then the account will be closed.

Nicki.

I'll be back to chat later when I've finished the dreaded ironing!

Hey Nicki, Glad you found the "enough is enough", so here we go!! :carrot:

I'm trying to just eat healthy and portitional. Counting calories, or counting points, or counting whatever drives me crazy because I don't want to bother. I just want to go, get something healthy to eat, and then eat. Perhaps, I should reread that to myself and it might be an eye opener!!

Look at your plate.....half of it should be vegetables, a quarter potatoes, rice or pasta and then the other quarter meat, poultry or fish. But that's it. No second helping.

As for you DH's idea, that's awesome. Kutos to him on that supportive idea. :bravo: My hat goes off to him.

My DH was said that he would happily buy me an entire new wardrobe when I reach my goal weight.

Oooh, if I were your friend and lived a heck' of a lot closer I'd come over and do your ironing. I love to iron. Weird, ay?
I use to have a mate years ago that I did just that for her. On the weekends, I go over to her house and iron her stuff.

Everytime I get into a forum, I always seem to zero in on the UK friends, because of my relatives and admiration of England. But, then I get kind of down-in-mouth in thinking of "the good ole' days" while I was over there. Ya' know, one of these days, I should just cast fear to the wind and just make the trip over again. But, DH can stay home because he was undoubtedly ruin (or at least try) it. And, believe you me, you don't want to ask about that statement. Because that is a humongus can worms to open!!!

Well, gotta run. Best of luck on eating healthy. Maybe next time I write, I will jot down my diet regimen for you.

KELLI

inthemidst
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi Chickies,

I started a post and then it disappeared...anyway I will try to recreate it.

Nicki, I love your husbands plan. We have a similar one in this house. No savings account, but money spent on just me every time I lose 10lbs. And the car was supposed to be on the horizon but I may remove money from savings and do a tummy tuck instead. Ehh we'll see.

I also have a problem around food. That is my goal this time- to really work with that issue. Otherwise it will all come back again. I've done it too many times. Right now I am using a hypnosis tape at night. And not getting into sticky situations. The DH came home and said he wanted mexican. He is dieting too :?: ......I said no. And I am trying not to feel guilty.

I too want to go back to England. It took 16 years of marriage before my husband took me home That and $$$. He was shocked that I liked it so much. trying to convince him to retire there. Some little flat in Jarrow. Nothing fancy. We'll see if it works. I have 20 years to work on him. lol

I have no ironing. Hate it. Don't buy clothes that need it. My girlfriend came to visit and then went out and bought me an iron and a board - she needed to iron. :D

All the best, Chickies. I wish you an easy and stressless day.

A

Nicki54
07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
It's another day and it's thunder and lightening here right now. Luckily neither my daughter or me are scared in fact until a few minutes ago we were both standing at the opened back door out into the garden and breathing in all those negative ions.

My eating is very unbalanced right now. One day I'm binging the next I'm almost starving myself, and today I'm eating a lot of cheese, chocolate, sweets and bread. Still on we go. I am getting my head around counting calories, in fact I picked a bag of sweets that were 148 calories where I usually buy the larger bay which has 350 calories.

As a contestant said on Australia's Biggest Loser. ' I'm a work in progress'. Years of bad habits aren't suddenly going to disappear.

How's everyone else getting on?

Speak soon and heres to the 3 of us.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Nicki, Small steps right. I think its great that you chose a smaller bag of sweets. Its great that you're paying attention. I think that is huge.

Counting calories is a real eye-opener for me. I am starting to keep a food journal and wow.

I'm doing ok. went out to eat twice today and did ok. Not perfect but I paid attention and made conscious choices. which is a big deal for me. Every little step counts.

Tomorrow I weigh. Ick.

Take care,
A

Nicki54
07-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Kelli: how are you getting on 'Fat Smashing'? Even though after checking up on it and deciding that it wasn't for me, I can appreciate how it could be very beneficial for others. We're all individuals and what may suit one may be completely wrong for another. So keep sharing your journey with us and we will :cheer3::no::dust::woohoo::grouphug::listen::nono: All that and more.

Of course the same treatment will be dealt out to all who join here.

A: :goodvibes:crossed::cheer2: hope you have good news when you weigh in today.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Kelli, Hi.... Will look for you later. Miss hearing how you are.
Nicki. Hellooooooo (hello across the pond). I lost 3 lbs. woohoo. And last time I did this I lost 7 or so. boohoo. I am going to adjust my plan a bit. How is your plan going today. baby steps!

All the best.
Ash

Nicki54
07-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Kelli isn't it a little early to be adjusting your plan. Just because you lost 7lb last time doesn't mean that you've failed because you lost 3lb this time. Are all the circumstances the same? Did you eat exactly the same things at the same time? Lets be senisble here. We're on a journey that will have it's up's and down's. 3lb is a great weight loss, and never belittle that.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Kelli isn't it a little early to be adjusting your plan. Just because you lost 7lb last time doesn't mean that you've failed because you lost 3lb this time. Are all the circumstances the same? Did you eat exactly the same things at the same time? Lets be senisble here. We're on a journey that will have it's up's and down's. 3lb is a great weight loss, and never belittle that.

Nicki

Ash here. Thanks for the reminder. 3 lbs is not bad at all. I am trying to be clear with myself about what I am feeling. And I have mixed feelings. The not knowing what I am feeling is what gets me in trouble with food.

Sorry I wasn't clear about mushing the plan around. I have officially entered phase 2 so I get to mush it around more. Phase 1 is restrictive. Can now have meat for instance! Woohoo!

How did your day go? I hope it went well. Ash

Nicki54
07-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Is there a kicking yourself smilie? Just realised that I've got Ash's and Kelli's diet plans mixed up!:yikes: Sorry:sorry: Am I forgiven? Can I blame next doors ginger cat? :dizzy:

Nicki

inthemidst
07-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Is there a kicking yourself smilie? Just realised that I've got Ash's and Kelli's diet plans mixed up!:yikes: Sorry:sorry: Am I forgiven? Can I blame next doors ginger cat? :dizzy:

Nicki

Sweetie, You don't need to worry at all. But I like the idea of blaming things on the cat. A

Nicki54
07-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks Ash.:hug:

Nicki

Nicki54
07-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I'd typed a long rant about housework but decided to delete it and post this instead:sunny:
I know which I'd prefer!

Staying on track today Breakfast was 2 slices of toast Lunch was porridge, because it's Roast Beef Yorkshire Puds Gravy and a selection of veggies followed by Ice Cream.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd typed a long rant about housework but decided to delete it and post this instead:sunny:
I know which I'd prefer!

Staying on track today Breakfast was 2 slices of toast Lunch was porridge, because it's Roast Beef Yorkshire Puds Gravy and a selection of veggies followed by Ice Cream.

Nicki

Sounds like a good plan. Miss the yorkshires. I am off bread tho indefinitely. But I could see making them for the holiday dinner.

Housework. Ick.

We went out last night. The DH and the DD - had a lovely meal. Was mostly in control. Which is important for me.

How old is you daughter?

A

Nicki54
07-20-2009, 06:01 AM
My daughter is 11, how old is your DD Ash?

Today the house is quiet as DH and DD are both out DH at work and DD at Summer Scheme.I'm using this rare time to plan my meals for the week. 7 breakfast, 7 lunches and 7 Dinners, I'll then mix and match as the mood takes me. That's the plan whether it'll work is another matter.;)

Nicki

inthemidst
07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
My daughter is 11, how old is your DD Ash?

Today the house is quiet as DH and DD are both out DH at work and DD at Summer Scheme.I'm using this rare time to plan my meals for the week. 7 breakfast, 7 lunches and 7 Dinners, I'll then mix and match as the mood takes me. That's the plan whether it'll work is another matter.;)

Nicki

Hi,
What are your meals like? I think that is a great idea to plan for the whole week with the mix and match option. I don't know if I am that organized. I have been counting calories and it is interesting - things I have avoided for years are not that bad....like fruit.
I am doing some challenges. the jingle holiday one and a 5 lb one. Are you trying any of those? I'll come cheer you on.
The Dh is also gone to work. The dd is headed to camp. She is going to be 15 soon. wow.
Catch you later.
A

Nicki54
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
My meals are simple, easy to cook and with easy to obtain ingredients. I can't stand those diets where you have to source foods from expensive stores. So I'm talking jacket potato with tuna mayo, or shepards pie, porridge, fresh fruit salad, grilled chicken with steamed veggies of choice, toad in the hole made with hot dog sausages rather than the traditional banger. Bacon and eggs though poaching the egg rather than frying it. Simple stir fries, Simple savoury spreads on toast, lots of other things on toast especially for breakfast. I think you get the picture.

I found today that the value low fat yogurt costing 25p for four is 15 calories lower per pot than the ones I usually buy at a cost of 85p for four, and they taste better too! I know which I'm going to buy from now on.

I'm going to look into the challenges and see if one grabs me. The 5lb sounds good as long as it isn't a 'lose 5lb each week challenge'. That would be too harsh for me.

Does you daughter like camp or is she going kicking and screaming!:tantrum:;)

Nicki

inthemidst
07-20-2009, 06:29 PM
It sounds like you eat the way we do. Right now tho we are off potatoes. But can have lots of rice. I think that might be cultural. The dh says he didn't really have rice as a child. Good deal on that yogurt. I have been meaning to make some. But I think yours would still be cheaper.

The dd likes camp. There are boys and her girlfriends. :)

The 5 lb challenge is to see who can lose 5 lbs 1st. I don't think it is very pressured tho. Also look at the just for today challenge. Nice group. Smaller.

I decided to journal and I decided to go public with it. omg. I think it will help.

Catch you later.
A

Nicki54
07-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Very brave to journal Ash, now it's not for me, because I'm like Dory in 'What Katy Did'. Full of enthusiasm for the first couple of days then it becomes a chore, then after about a week give in.

I'm now off to check the challenges again. I've decided agains't joining the 5lb club I'm English and work in stones and pounds so my mini goals are going to be 7lb not 5lb. 7lb being half a stone.

Going to lurk in the jingle thread and see what it's like, that seems a good prospect, then I will check out the one day at a time challenge as well.

Nicki

Nightmare
07-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I am having a horrible time this past week in eating EVERYTHING. :eating2:

I am an emotional eater and I've been having some difficulties at the home front that has set me off into a horrible eating binge.
I am going to go check out Overeaters Anonymous and see if I can get help there. I've even stopped going to my weight loss program support group meetings. I haven't been in like 8 weeks?
I'm ashamed with myself.

I feel horrible, I'm bloated up, I'm achy all over. And, the list goes on, but I think that perhaps you get the point.

I'm also afraid that when I go for my medication refills, to a new doctor in September that because of my weight that the blood work is going to indicate diabetes.
In the past, I have been borderline and when I lost a few pounds, it was fine. But, oh my gosh, if it shows up diabetes and it being higher then borderline, I'm seriously going to dive into a big depression. In fact, and I know me, I WILL NOT do anything about it!!!
I won't.
What I will do, is to refuse to deal with it at this time and to concentrate on getting this weight off. Then, recheck the blood work.

Oh, and I wouldn't dare mention (now this is "if" I show up diabetic) this to my DH.
Oh my gosh, NO!!!\

Talk about someone coming unglued??
He would tell me, "I told you so." He would scream and holler at me up one side and down the other and then start ALL over the next day.

Oh yah, he's a charmer!!!

And, this is why I haven't been online lately!!

Nicki54
07-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Kelli :high:

Great to have you back, and chin up girl, now you're here things are going to get better. The 3 of us against the world. You me and Ash, oh and anyone else that joins in. We will succeed, we have to, it's that simple. So take a deep breath and tomorrow is a new day. If you have a strong faith, I don't care who or what you believe in, that is your personal choice, but whatever it is, hold on to it, try and find peace within. Do what you know is right for you. I can't tell you what to do and it's not my place to either, but I know one thing with the correct support you will prevail.:hug:

Nicki

inthemidst
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Nicki and Kelli,

I am glad you both are here. I hope this thread still seems open enough to welcome others.

It's a great group folks. This little bit of contact and huge bits of compassion and encouragement have made me feel like we can succeed. I thank you for that!

Kelli,
Ditto what Nicki said.
Also I remember that your concern for your health was what brought you here in the 1st place, that and your child's nightmare. Don't lose hold of those reasons to get healthy- they are great reasons. Let them motivate you to do one little thing for yourself today.
In fact join us in the "just for today challenge July 21" so we can support you there.

Nicki, forgot about the stone thingie. Do they have a similar thread in the UK chicks forum?
Journaling - I am like you all excited at first and then lose interest. Well, that is my usual MO. I am hoping that is one of those things that will change about me - with practice.
Glad to see you in the JFT thread.

Catch you both tomorrow. Ash

Nicki54
07-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I've found another challenge group in the Chicks in control section which is a weekly binge-free challenge. I've joined because I am a compulsive, emotional overeater, and it's another place to get support from others who have the same demons to face. We may have different reasons on why we binge but when alls said and done, it's nice to know that we're not alone.:hug:

Now to slightly change the subject. There will be times when I could be wallowing in self pity, or procrastinating on how I'll never get the weight off, or it's obvious that I'm not even trying to get my act together. If you sense any of these things, you both have my permission to tell me straight, I won't be offended. There are times when :hug: are good but other times :nono: the tough love approach is more beneficial as long as it's done with love, care, and respect.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-22-2009, 09:41 AM
I've found another challenge group in the Chicks in control section which is a weekly binge-free challenge. I've joined because I am a compulsive, emotional overeater, and it's another place to get support from others who have the same demons to face. We may have different reasons on why we binge but when alls said and done, it's nice to know that we're not alone.:hug:

Now to slightly change the subject. There will be times when I could be wallowing in self pity, or procrastinating on how I'll never get the weight off, or it's obvious that I'm not even trying to get my act together. If you sense any of these things, you both have my permission to tell me straight, I won't be offended. There are times when :hug: are good but other times :nono: the tough love approach is more beneficial as long as it's done with love, care, and respect.

Nicki

Hey, I am going to check out the chicks in control challenge. I am an emotional overeater. And I am not bingeing right now but I am eating past full and feel like crap.
Same goes for me. Sometimes hugs, sometimes tough love. Both are welcome. Today I feel like crap and now I am wallowing a little - but trying my best to stay on task.

Kelli, hope to catch you later.

Have a great day!

A

Nightmare
07-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Well here it is yet another day for success.

I read over Nicki's last post with the dinner menus and Yorkshire Puds!!!:carrot: I have had them on my mind for days!! Oh how I love them.
I should have made them last night with my turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, and veggies.

Breakfast was 2 slices of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
I'm off to a good start.

KELLI

Oh yah, as I began my typing here comes this huge spider lowering itself down from the ceiling in front of me. Oh my gosh, I felt like little Miss Muppett!!!

Nicki54
07-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Good Morning Ash and Kelli, and a big:wave: to anyone else who happens to drop by.

I've got the mother of all migraines so I'm posting this up, just to say if I'm not back for the rest of the day that's why.

Take care.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey all.

Nicki - hope you feel better.
Kelly- Hope you had another day of success. Btw - some believe that spiders are grandmothers - who watch out for us.

I am off to have lunch with a friend I have not seen in 30 years. Going to eat as simply as I can at lunch.

Happy day!

Ash

MontanaAshli
07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Just thought i'd snoop around here a bit. I'm feeling very "enough is enough" right now. :(

Hope you all are doing well!

inthemidst
07-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Just thought i'd snoop around here a bit. I'm feeling very "enough is enough" right now. :(

Hope you all are doing well!

Hey MontanaAshli,
Welcome.
Sometimes "enough is enough" is all it takes, right?
Come back and let us know how you are. Lots of great people here.

Ash

Nicki54
07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
:wave: Hi MontanaAshli welcome to the thread and I hope you stay and join in. I'm presuming from your name that you either live in Montana now or have in the past?

Each and everyone of us on this thread have our own personal demons to face and defeat, but as you know a trouble shared is a trouble halved. Equally sharing the joys and successes in life proves the other half of that saying, a joy shared is a joy doubled.

So have a :hug: and once again welcome.

As the rest of you can tell I'm over the migraine.:carrot:

Nicki

MontanaAshli
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm presuming from your name that you either live in Montana now or have in the past?

I get that alot. But actually, my first name is Montana and middle is Ashli! Haha! ;)

Thank you all for being so welcoming! And your right, enough is enough! Im ready! And I'm feeling much better than earlier, thankfully. :cool:

inthemidst
07-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I get that alot. But actually, my first name is Montana and middle is Ashli! Haha! ;)

Thank you all for being so welcoming! And your right, enough is enough! Im ready! And I'm feeling much better than earlier, thankfully. :cool:

MontanaAshli,
Glad you're feeling better. Did you find any interesting forums or groups here? We are all new in "enough is enough".

I seem to hang out in the Challenge area a lot. Check out the Just for Today challenge. It's a great group. As they all are.

btw, I am an Ashley too.

A

Nicki54
07-24-2009, 04:48 AM
It's a lovely summers day here, sunny with a nice breeze and a few white fluffy clouds in the sky.
Yesterday came and went and with it my migraine, so I'm now fighting fit and starting up again with my own personal eating plan. Yes I've decided to mentally (plan to give them to the local charity shop) throw out all my diet books, must have at least 20. Working on a strategy that will work for me, my lifestyle, my body, and not forgetting it's got to fit in with those around me. Can't afford to have two separate food bills each week.

Got to dash taking Zoe to summer scheme Colin DH is giving us a lift before he goes to work.

Nicki

Nicki54
07-24-2009, 07:42 AM
I've just bought a bike:bike2: and I don't know how to ride one, never learnt even as a child. Wish me luck I think I'm going to need it. Why did I buy the bike? Impulsive purchase mixed with a desire to get fit. Why on earth today though I've no idea, my left hip is hurting, left knee keeps giving way and I'm having problems even attempting to sit on the thing in my kitchen.

I must be mad!:rofl:

Nicki

inthemidst
07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I've just bought a bike:bike2: and I don't know how to ride one, never learnt even as a child. Wish me luck I think I'm going to need it. Why did I buy the bike? Impulsive purchase mixed with a desire to get fit. Why on earth today though I've no idea, my left hip is hurting, left knee keeps giving way and I'm having problems even attempting to sit on the thing in my kitchen.

I must be mad!:rofl:

Nicki

Nicki,
you are amazing. First off- so glad the migraine is gone. Great idea to get rid of the diet books!! I don't know if I can do that.

The bike! Woohoo!!!!!!! You go, girl! I
think it's great. Do you have lovely places to ride? Can you go the shop with it?

Oops gotta go get the dd up for camp.

Have a great day chickies.

Nicki54
07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I've a long way to go! Because I'm so stiff I can't even get my right leg over the bit in the middle (no idea what it's called on a ladies bike). So actually even attempting to ride the bike will have to wait until I find some suitable hip flexing exercises, do them of course and get some movement back. Not daunted though but it is a set back.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Let's not think of it as a set back. Let's imagine that you've purchased a lovely dress and are waiting to wear it when you have all your accessories together.:)

I have hip flexor issues - so I know what you mean. And I haven't been on a bike since I tried to teach my child to ride. So I commend you :bravo: and I am cheering you on! :cheer2:

Going to go cook dinner. Veggie frittata for the dh and the dd. I am having salad with canned tuna fish.

Ash

Nicki54
07-25-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm having a chill day today, no planning , just getting on with life as it happens. About to cook lunch. See you all later.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Nicki, Enjoy your chill day. :D

Nicki54
07-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I enjoyed my chill day, and now it's back to business. Had to stay strong earlier today as we went to the cinema, got away with a small salted popcorn and a bottle of water, then we headed off to Macdonalds, DH wanted to go to KFC but DD wanted a 'happy meal' so we went to the yellow M. I too had a happy meal consisting of mcnuggets, carrot sticks, a fruitbag and a bottle of milk. Do I get a halo for being as good as it's possible to be going on a family trip to the movies and then a fast food restaurant?:D:dizzy:

Nicki

Nicki54
07-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Just to let you all know, I won't be around tomorrow so I'll catch up with you on Tuesday.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed my chill day, and now it's back to business. Had to stay strong earlier today as we went to the cinema, got away with a small salted popcorn and a bottle of water, then we headed off to Macdonalds, DH wanted to go to KFC but DD wanted a 'happy meal' so we went to the yellow M. I too had a happy meal consisting of mcnuggets, carrot sticks, a fruitbag and a bottle of milk. Do I get a halo for being as good as it's possible to be going on a family trip to the movies and then a fast food restaurant?:D:dizzy:

Nicki

Great job! :angel:
catch you tuesday!

Nicki54
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm back! After a day of getting those jobs done around the house we all put off unless that is you're a domestic goddess. Well as my DH would say I didn't marry you for your ability to keep house, if I wanted that I would hire a housekeeper! Strange thing is he obviously didn't marry me for my cooking skills either. ;)

Nicki

inthemidst
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm back! After a day of getting those jobs done around the house we all put off unless that is you're a domestic goddess. Well as my DH would say I didn't marry you for your ability to keep house, if I wanted that I would hire a housekeeper! Strange thing is he obviously didn't marry me for my cooking skills either. ;)

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

Your DH is a sweetie. He says some nice things and has some good ideas.
My plan for today is to keep eating only when I am hungry. Noticing lots about my eating and body right now. I figure it is good to get to know those things, especially at 49. lol

We have company coming tomorrow and so I need to clean. Got a lot to do and have to get the dd ready for camp. She goes to Boston this sunday. Agghh. I think I am going to get some boiled eggs done so I have something quick if I get rushed for time.

Wondering how Kelli is doing.

Take care. Catch you later. Ash

Nightmare
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Nicki,

Your DH is a sweetie. He says some nice things and has some good ideas.
My plan for today is to keep eating only when I am hungry. Noticing lots about my eating and body right now. I figure it is good to get to know those things, especially at 49. lol

We have company coming tomorrow and so I need to clean. Got a lot to do and have to get the dd ready for camp. She goes to Boston this sunday. Agghh. I think I am going to get some boiled eggs done so I have something quick if I get rushed for time.

Wondering how Kelli is doing.

Take care. Catch you later. Ash

Hey Ash,
Long time no chat!!

How are you?

How have you been handling the heat?
Around here it's been in the 100's. Yesterday, I think that it reached 108.
Oh My Gosh.
Ya' know, if it melted away the excess poundage.....I wouldn't mind so much. But as it stands, I haven't air conditioning in the house, but thank the Lord I do have a basement.
I haven't been able to motivate myself much at all in this heat. More just veg state!

As for the diet, I don't know what to say.
It just seems to be an impossible journey for me. I may just have to wait until I see my new doctor in September to figure out what to do next.

How 'bout yourself? Weight still going down?

Well, just thought that I would check in with you. We haven't in awhile.
Keep cool.

KELLI

inthemidst
07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Kelli,
Good to hear from you. Things are good here. Not as hot as there!!!

Hang in there. Seeing the Doc is a good idea. But it's all about baby steps. Are you expecting perfection or too much from yourself? Baby steps!

There is lots of support here, so when you have a plan - use the site as much as you can. It does help.

Thinking about you,
Ash

Nicki54
07-29-2009, 05:39 PM
How about we swop weather for a few days? You two can have the torrential rain we've been having for the past 2 days and I will have the sunshine?;)

Nothing to report except that absolutely nothing has gone to plan today mainly because of the weather. DD's summer scheme was cancelled, both of us got drenched twice. Oh hang on I do have one dieting piece of news to report I'm officially down 1lb.:carrot: So I've put 10 into my special savings account.

Ash and Kelli I hope everything is ok with you two?

Nicki

inthemidst
07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Nicki,
So, summer is over in the UK? :D

Woohoo - 1 lb - that is the way to do it! :woohoo:
Glad to see your doing well.

I am ok. Been busy working on a project. Guests come tomorrow with their animals. Haven't finished cleaning the house. They eat healthy so that will be easy. I haven't been overeating and I have been on OP. The water though-is not easy for me right now. Oops gotta go start dinner tasks.

See you later.

A

Nicki54
07-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Diet what diet, I know the only reason why I'm down 1lb this week is pure luck and has nothing to do with how I'm eating or what I'm eating. That is unless I've invented the chocolate and watch tv diet and exercise programme to better health. Somehow I doubt that.;) No matter what I try or how determined I am, something distracts me. I really do need to find a plan I can work with, that fits into family life and is idiot proof, oh and of course it has to be healthy but that of course goes without saying.

Our electric went off for a few hours today, I started to get a bit worried and wondered whether a wind up computer could be invented like the wind up radio or torch. Think of the calories we could burn up winding the thing up!

Ash thinking of you and your guests. What sort of animals are they bringing? I know the house will be presentable by the time they arrived. As to the water drinking just do the best you can.

Kelli there's no shame in admitting when things get tough and even if you do decide to wait until September then that's ok. No pressure, though it is nice to hear from you, so please keep posting regardless of whether you're on plan, off plan, never going on a plan until other parts of your life are sorted, such as your health in general.

Got to go as DH is due home soon.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Kelli there's no shame in admitting when things get tough and even if you do decide to wait until September then that's ok. No pressure, though it is nice to hear from you, so please keep posting regardless of whether you're on plan, off plan, never going on a plan until other parts of your life are sorted, such as your health in general.

Nicki

Hello Chickies,

Nicki, what you said to Kelli is so perfect. There is no pressure here. And there is lots of support.

Gotta run get ready for dinner.
Ash

Nicki54
07-31-2009, 05:19 AM
I've bought a book called 'Potatos not Prozac' and it's looking promising so far, I'm going to read it cover to cover and then decide whether it's right for me.

Nicki

inthemidst
07-31-2009, 08:10 AM
I've bought a book called 'Potatos not Prozac' and it's looking promising so far, I'm going to read it cover to cover and then decide whether it's right for me.

Nicki

Nicki,

Sounds like a really interesting book. Love the title. Let us know what you think.
Had a wonderful time with our company. Had some cake now it's back to no desserts. They really are like a drug for me.
The dh is gone for two days and the dd and I leave for Boston. Hectic.
Hope the weather has improved.
Have a great day.

Kelli,
Thinking about you.

Ash

Nicki54
08-01-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm not doing at all well keeping to any sort of eating plan, so trying to go my own way hasn't worked I looked into the fat smash plan again and the first few lines put me off. "Diets didn't let you down, you let the diet down" now that just got my back up 100% it got me angry, upset and straight into a 3 day no holds barred binge. How dare that man presume that I'm a failure, then I thought yes he is right I am a failure, there's no hope for me, lets eat a bar of chocolate. I'm a complete waste of space why do I even bother to keep breathing. Putting people down so that they fight back to prove them wrong may work for some it has the opposite affect with me as you can tell. OK rant is now over.:D

Nicki

Nicki54
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
OK as the title of this thread states 'Enough is enough' and that is exactly my mood right now. I've made the decision to join Slimming World, I've looked into various plans and this one seems the best for me. I have realised that I can't do it on my own. I need not only online support but also group support. This mean't in my area I had three choices. WW, Rosemary Conley or SW. WW meetings at least in my area won't allow children to stay to the meetings unless it's an emergency. RC won't allow children at all. SW will allow children as long as the leader is informed. I would have to take DD with me, because DH works awkward shifts and is away from home sometimes depending on where his company sends him. My family live too far away to babysit and DH family are great but in poor health, or as with my family out of the area. I can't rely on friends or neighbours with DD being special needs, it wouldn't be fair on them or DD, and there's no chance I would leave DD in the hands of a teenage babysitter.

Thinking of you Kelli and Ash both of you take care.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Nicki,

Tell me more about Slimming World. I have never heard of it. I remember desperately wanting to go to WW and ran into the same issue with the dd not being able to go. The world is not very accommodating to children.

About your rant. I am sorry. I sent you to FS. Ugghh. BUT you are not a failure. Not now - not ever. You are a gift to this world. Really. So forget him!!!

The more I think about this all _the weight loss journey_ I think it is about self discovery and self love.

SO bravo to you for finding a plan that will work for you and your family. :bravo:

Ash

Nicki54
08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Feeling a lot better today. Legs aren't as painful, and it's the start of a new week, plus I've my first meeting with SW on Thursday, so until then I'm not watching what I'm eating at all and surprise surprise I'm not binging either.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-03-2009, 05:38 AM
It's Monday and I'm wondering where Kelli is? Are you still here Kelli I hope you are, because if not how on earth will you get your daily :hug:.

DH is taking DD to her summer scheme right now and when he gets back we're going to look at washing machines. Wow what an exciting life I lead! (sarcasm)
Still I wouldn't change him for the world.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi All,

Made it back form Boston intact. Barely though. As the day degraded and the stress increased my op eating went out the window. I am determined to get in control today.

Nicki, Enjoy the washing machine shopping
Kelli, Thinking about you.

Ash

Nicki54
08-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Quick post to say good morning I'll be back later.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey Nicki and Kelli,

Busy trying to break the cravings today. Doing ok.

Hope you are having a great day!

Ash

Nightmare
08-04-2009, 04:00 PM
S/C/G: 197/191/145 1st minigoal 180's

Hey Ash,
Could you explain the above to me. This is what I think it is: 197 is starting weight, 191 is current and 145 is goal.
Yes?

Then what is minigoal 180.

That should be the "C" now, right?

Well, I just want to post and say, :crazy: and hello!

Will be able to post more next week, when it hopefully will be calmer.

BYE

KELLI

inthemidst
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
S/C/G: 197/191/145 1st minigoal 180's

Hey Ash,
Could you explain the above to me. This is what I think it is: 197 is starting weight, 191 is current and 145 is goal.
Yes?

Then what is minigoal 180.

That should be the "C" now, right?

Well, I just want to post and say, :crazy: and hello!

Will be able to post more next week, when it hopefully will be calmer.

BYE

KELLI

Hey Kelli,

Minigoal is 180's because that is the 1st goal I have set for myself. and as you can see 189 has eluded me so far. But I will get there!

Hope next week is calmer.:dizzy:
Ash

Nicki54
08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
To cut a long story short my DD went missing from her SummerScheme. They'd gone to the cinema and whilst it was dark she just got up and left. The whole cinema complex went into allert, all films stopped showing, the police were called, my DD had taken herself to Macdonalds. Now my DD is Autistic and can't ask for help. She has no fear of danger and unlike some people on the autistic spectrum she loves cuddles and will hold hands with any one. You can imagine what I've been going through. Luckily for her noone abducted her. She went to Macdonalds because she knew that was where we were going after I'd met up with her after the cinema. To get to Mac's from the cinema meant she had to cross a very busy road. All I can say is thank God we drilled it into her to wait for the green man before she crosses the road. In fact she won't cross that road without the green man, and if we try to get across without it then she will literally scream. That green man could have saved her life today.

Needless to say watching my food has been the last thing on my mind.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Nicki,

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how frightened you were. Hug them all close and take good care of yourself too.
:hug:

A

Nicki54
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Went to my first Slimming World meeting tonight and my new starting weight is 258 not as my bathroom scales had been telling me 246 this week. Before anyone asks I weighed myself fully clothed in what I was going to wear to be weighed at the meeting. Either my scales are completely out and need replacing or I need to chance the battery. I'm thinking it could be the later, because when I came home and weighed myself again on them it showed that I weighed 68lb.

Hope everyone is ok?

Nicki

Nightmare
08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Life is a real roller coaster ride sometimes. Going along just fine and dandy and then, oh my gosh, the curve, the severe turns, the straight down, arms in the air, screaming section..........:fr::fr:

Nicki, my heart literally jumped to my throat as I read about your daughter walking away to McDonalds.
Oh My Gosh.
Consider yourself hugged :hug: because I'm sure you need one after going through that.

My DH?
You hit it right on the nail.

I don't know if I mentioned, but I'm going to make an appointment to go get some free legal advice about divorcing. I think that I've had enough. Especially with my son starting to do very odd things.
I have to nip it in the butt......NOW, before it's too late.

Well, ladies, life goes on and we just need to dig our heels in and deal with what comes our way :club:

Kelli

Nicki54
08-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Kelli in all honesty I think that at last you're making the correct sensible choice. After all what message were you giving your children before. 'It's ok to be emotionally and mentally abused'. Or to be the one emotionally and mentally abusing.

Have you a good support system, people out there in the real world that you can rely on?

Nicki

Nicki54
08-08-2009, 05:39 PM
It's me again, am I alone here this weekend? If so I'll keep the thread going until you get back.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Managed my first official day on my new eating plan yesterday. I've been semi doing it earlier but had certain food items that had to be eaten up first. I can't throw food away, it's not in my nature, or maybe that's nurture having been born in the 50's. There was still rationing when I was born.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey All,

Just got back from vacation.

Kelli, Take care of yourself. Taking care of yourself is the best gift you can give those in your life you care for. imo

Nicki, Congrats on Slimming World first day!!!! :carrot:

I am back to eating OP. I did enjoy my vacation food. Tried to eat when I was hungry and to not overeat and to only eat what I really wanted. DId ok with that. We also walked about 4 hours!!

Best to you all.
A

inthemidst
08-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Good morning Chickies,

Had a good day and a crappy night. I feel yucky so maybe sticking to plan will be easy today.
Wishing you both a great day!!

Ash

Nightmare
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm sitting here at my computer semi writing and semi listening to one of my religious programs to which they are speaking all about attitude.
To be honest, I really should be listening to this!!

WOW Ash, a vacation. Sweet.
Ya' know the last time I had a vacation?
1985! And, I kid you not.

For whatever reason, DH doesn't seem to think that he can leave his business for a vacation. His office mate, seems to handle vacation YEARLY, but for whatever reasoning my DH has himself convinced that he can't take time off.
Gee, do you think perhaps that might be a stress point in this family?!!!!

Lately I have eaten everything (mostly on the Q-T or secret) and it's driving me crazy. I think that my situation is all stress related and I can't seem to get past it. The troubles with DH and now difficulties with my son have me VERY concerned.

Guys, I want to thank you both for being here. It seems like we're developing a nice friendship and I hope and pray that we help one another.

Well, I've gotta run. Take care and watch your eating. Healthy lifestyles now.

KELLI

Nicki54
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
2.5lb loss this week! I'll post more tomorrow, but right now I need to go to bed and get some sleep.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey,

Nightmare: I am hoping your situation improves. Are you still going to the doctor in september?

Nicki: :bravo:

I am ok. School starts for everyone next week. It will be easier to eat OP when I am away form the house. SO that is good.

Hope you both have a great day!

Ash

Nicki54
08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
School starts in another fortnight here and I can't wait. Much as I love my DD I need a holiday now.

Kelli I'm another one who hasn't been on holiday in years. My last holiday was.................big drum roll...............my honeymoon in 1993. We've either had other priorities such as fixing up our home, or DH had to work or DD was in hospital or I was in hospital. Something has always cropped up.

Next year is going to be different, we're going even if I have to drag us kicking and screaming, and we will enjoy ourselves even if we hate every minute of it!:D

I've applied for the passports so now waiting to get them back, so the world's our oyster as the saying goes. However right now I'll settle for a weekend at a Butlins Holiday camp.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi,
Doing vacations are hard for us too. Everyone in our group seems to go on vacation every year for a week or 2 or more - it is not in our budget. Different priorities I think, too. We went to england last year for the 1st time and stayed 17 days. It was lovely and we could only do it because we stayed with the MIL for 2 weeks.

But I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days in Boston. When we were in England we vowed we would go on a real vacation every year - hmmm - and in Boston the dh said we needed to do a real one next year. We'll see - college tuition is looming.
Don't know what a Butlins holiday camp is - but it sounds fun.
Even 1 night away from home with or without children is nice.

Ash

Nicki54
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Checking in, nothing exciting to report. Take care and I hope to have something to report tomorrow. It's just been a typical Saturday.

Nicki

Nearly forgot I'm still on plan and it's been a green day today.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey All,

Been struggling a little. Eating mostly on plan then off for a bit at night. Still lost some weight but I need to get back to plan or else.

Hope you are having a good sunday!
A

Nicki54
08-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Happy Sunday :carrot:. Drinking my water today and my head is feeling clear, must be over the withdrawl of additives and simple carbs. I've noticed that whenever I stop eating proccessed foods my head clears and the advantages of drinking water and healthy eating make sense. A week of eating proccessed food and my head becomes muzzy and I can't for the life of me work out why I feel like c**p.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-16-2009, 05:02 PM
As you are probably aware I'm now going to Slimming World meetings and I thought that it may be useful to give you an insight into the food plan I'm eating. So here goes.

The Slimming World diet is an eating programme that includes in its diet meal plans and recipes many foods known as "free foods" which participants can eat as much of as they like. In addition, you are allowed four portions a day of higher calorie foods, or "healthy extras", which also provide plenty of fibre, vitamins and minerals. The Slimming World diet Food Optimising plan also divides days into "red" and "green" days.

On red days, free foods include the following:

* White fish
* Lean meats
* Eggs
* Most fruits and vegetables (no free potato's sweetcorn, or parsnips everything else is allowed even bananas and grapes!

Restricted red day "healthy extras" include:

* Milk
* Cheese
* Bread
* Grains
* Beans
* Potatoes
* Dried fruits

On green days, free foods are:

* Fruit and vegetables
* Grains
* Beans
* Pasta
* Tofu
* Eggs

Green day "healthy extras" include:

* Milk
* Cheese
* Bread
* Dried fruits
* Nuts and seeds
* Meat
* Fish

Healthy extras are a vital part of the eating plan and not an optional extra.

Syns are the only counted foods and these include those naughty but nice treats, any one for a cookie? Also any overspill on the healthy extras. For example you're allowed 2 slices of wholemeal bread as a healthy extra but if you eat 3 slices then the third slice has a syn value. You are allowed between 5 and 15 syns a day.

Although there isn't a formal exercise regime included in the programme, participants are encouraged to be active.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
:?::( Where are you Ash and Keli?:(

Nicki

inthemidst
08-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Nicki,

Thanks for sharing your eating plan. So how do you switch between green and red days?
The dd started school today. She survived. I start tomorrow. We'll see if I survive.

Have a splitting headache today. Clearing out my system.

Kelli - hope you are well.

Ash

Nicki54
08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
:getwell:Ash, take painkillers if you haven't already, your headache isn't mean't to be a penance, it's just something you have to get through the best way you can and if that means taking medication, or have someone give you a head, shoulder and neck massage, or even a lie down in a dark cool room do it, don't suffer needlessly.

The changing from red and green days is up to each individual, you can eat just red days or just green days until you lose the weight, or you can alternate, some change weekly others daily. Some, and this is the group I find myself in ,decide when they wake up whether it's going to be a green or a red day.

Then just to really complicate things, when you get near to goal, or are feeling confident in being able to food optimise, you can 'mix and match' and that's eating green and red meals on the same day. So you could have a red day breakfast with a green day lunch followed by a red day dinner.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Nicki,

It sounds very doable. How has it been?

My headache is definitely related to eating or not eating. I have got to find some snacks I can have that don't start a binge.

I am going to go take some headache medicine right now.

Ash

Nicki54
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
It's going great, though the proof will be tomorrow when I get on the scales at the SW meeting. I'm not expecting a huge weight loss, 1 to 2lb will be just fine. If I can manage that I'll be happy. If I manage more you will hear the screams of joy just by opening your back door!:listen:

Nicki

inthemidst
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Nicki,
I cannot wait to see how successful you have been - at least how the scale measure success- I think we have both been successful in all sorts of ways.

Was in class today and the professor asked us what we mean by success. In terms of my well-being - it is definitely having control over my eating and having long term control. SO if I fall off plan I get right back up and do not wallow in it.

What about you?

Nicki54
08-20-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm the same Ash, I've learn't the hard way that moaning, or wallowing in self pity just isn't a good way to get fit and healthy. Picking yourself up, get moving and take care of yourself,(which includes eating healthily)is the only way to be.

No longer will I be the miserable one at a party watching the others enjoy themselves, just because I let my weight tie me down. No longer will I be content to hold onto the wallets and handbags of my friends as they go on fairground rides because my butt is too big to sit in and the safety bar to lock down, and this is my personal pledge to myself. Never again will I gorge myself with food before going to a public function such as a wedding, eat very little there because I'm aware of others around me judging what I eat to how large I am, and then gorging myself again once I get home.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-20-2009, 08:26 AM
I am with you! I am tired of letting my opinions about my weight and my weight and my unhealthy eating habits and my opinions about other's opinions about me rule my life. This is it.

I hope you have a fabulous day.

Nicki54
08-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I stayed the same. , it could've been worse and I know where I went wrong, so there's no long term damage, unless I make a huge song and dance about how I've mucked it up again, fall into self pity and self sabotage.

Nicki

Nightmare
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, I can't really recall the last time I posted here. I've been busy with my son. He is having some attitude issues as well as being diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder. So, he and I have been on a roller coaster ride for the last couple of months.

And, on top of that, I've been eating EVERYTHING in sight. Ya' know, that emotional eater thing! Oh yah.
I've gained weight, but I haven't figured out how much weight. I'm afraid to look that closely.

Hope that you's guys are doing well!!!

KELLI

Nicki54
08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
KELLI!:hug::hug::hug:

It's so good to see you posting again. Life I know for you is extremely tough and I think no I know that you are one strong woman to be able to function as well as you do considering all that's going on.

So you've fallen off the wagon, so what! We all do, no one is perfect, that's life. The secret is to take care of your priorities which right now for you I guess is your son.

This certainly isn't the time and place for a lecture of how to eat, this is the time and place for lots of :hug::grouphug::listen::hug:

Nicki

inthemidst
08-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Kelli,

Hi!!!!! Take care of yourself as best you can - which includes being gentle with yourself. You son sounds like the priority at the moment and that is what you are focussing on.

Hugs all around. :hug:

Nicki- I think it is all about learning and changing and learning and changing.....small steps. So glad you are not self sabatoging.

I am having a roughish day. Had class the last three days and am exhausted. So I napped today but I have much homework. I have eaten ok. Have a bad sweet tooth today. Had a minor binge on fiber one bars - but still have enough calories left for dinner. Will eat a healthy dinner. That is my promise to myself.

Hugs again. :hug:

Nicki54
08-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Ash how was your healthy dinner?:carrot:

I'm snacking on a pile of fruit right now,I have a small bowl filled with grapes strawberries cherries 1 peach 1 banana and an apple. That should keep me going until teatime.:D

Kelli :hug::wave:

Nicki

inthemidst
08-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Ahkk. Did not do well last night. Had my healthy dinner then found the brownies the dd made last week. Had a mini binge. I am committed to eating OP starting today.

That bowl of fruit sounds delish. Will have to get some more fruit from the store.

I am reading and writing all day today. Still not sure the grad school idea was a good one.

Have great day. :carrot:

Ash

Nightmare
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey ya' girls!!
Have either one of you heard of Acai Berry flush? I just kind of stumbled across it the other day while searching the internet. Someone mentioned Dr. Oz (Ya' know, the "YOU: books??), anyway, I just thought that I'd ask you guys if you have heard anything about this amazing Acai Berry.

I've got a doctors (NEW doctor for me) appointment to renew my medications and I'm SO WORRIED about my blood showing up diabetic that I'm sweating each day. I know what I'm going to say to the doctor and in all honesty, it's not the healthy way to go. But, "if" the blood work shows diabetes, I refuse to deal with it right now. I will wait 6 months and work on losing weight as I have never tried before and then if the blood work comes up high, then I guess that I have to deal with it. But, I won't deal with it right now. Too much other stress in my life right now.:stress:

Not a healthy choice, huh?:tantrum:

I'm certain that it's because of the stress in my life, but my weight is going up. OMGosh, I'm nearing 300 lbs. :fr:My scale doesn't even go that high, so I've had to set it back just to see my weight. But, I'm not going to set it back any further to see exactly where I am right now. I'm afraid to. :cry:
I'm having a harder time with issues of pain and essentially just getting around and/or dealing with daily life.
OMGosh I need to kick myself in the butt before it's too late and I end up having a stroke or heart attack.:kickbutt:

Please you guys, be brutal and tell me to get my butt in gear. BRUTUAL, I say!!!

KELLI

P.S. I went to a function at my church yesterday and I took fruit kabobs, and I have a ton of fruit left over. I think that I'm going to eat nothing but fruit today. I've got cantalope, honeydew, watermellon, grapes, bananas and mango. Oooohhhh.

Nicki54
08-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok Kelli it's friendly butt kicking time, but first of all have a big :hug:

Now to business.

Why are you slowly killing yourself? Stop right now and just think what you're doing. Are you being fair to yourself, are'nt you worth a little care and attention? As for this so called amazing acai berry. I've spent some time looking it up on google and although it could help I personally don't believe it's the answer and it's also quite clear that there's a lot of scams out as well, so if you do decide to use it, take care.

Maybe you should for the next week write down what you eat, when you eat, and what mood you're in not only whilst you're eating but also just before you eat and maybe an hour after you've eaten. This may show a pattern of emotional, boredom, anger, happiness etc triggers, it may show a pattern of the types of food you eat when you're in certain frames of mind. It may also flag up trigger foods that cause you to binge as well.

So Kelli take a deep breath , enjoy the fruit and for once in your life realise that you can love yourself without being selfish, it fact be selfish, look after number one and jump back on the healthy eating wagon. We're here for you and this time I'm tempted to use super glue on your butt, to make sure you can't fall off again.

So Kelli what's it to be, give in or take that step which will lead you down the road to health.? The choice is yours and yours alone.

Nicki

Nightmare
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the butt kickin' girl. It hit some nerves. I've had fruit, tuna, cottage cheese and a bowl of soup today. Good, huh?

My energy level the last couple of weeks is virtually nil. And, quite frankly, it is drivin' me crazy. I hate it.
My pain level is so bad (and I'm sure that the extreme weight is a factor) right now that my exercise level is also nil.
I do a little, then sit and rest. I get up, do a little more, then sit and rest. Pathetic.
But, it's temporary. It's what I have to do right now, but the more I " do " then easier it will get.

Oh my gosh, Nicki, your butt kickin' hit great nerves.
I THANK YOU.

KELLI

inthemidst
08-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Kelli,

I am glad Nicki's butt kicking hit a nerve! Somehow you have to find a way to care for yourself while you care for everyone else.

So are you going to keep track of what you are eating and what you are feeling this week? It's a great idea. I'll do it with you if you want a partner. We can keep it private or share, whatever works for you.

So glad you checked in. Keep coming back.

Nicki54
08-24-2009, 04:51 AM
I'm glad I could help Kelli, but to be honest I was also giving myself the pep talk at the same time.:hug:

Ash I like the idea of you and Kelli working together on your food diaries it does help having a friend to do it with. I was lucky I have an on line friend on another board who I did the same with. We did it via private messages, because neither of us wanted the world to know how bad our eating had got. I learnt that my trigger foods to a binge are, buscuits (cookies) white bread, milk chocolate. The worst time of the day for me to eat any of these was early evening, second worst time was early afternoon.

Now to both Kelli and Ash I'm going to make a promise.

I will be here for both of you no matter what, I will support you through the highs and the lows. I don't care how long it takes , or the means you decide to get the weight off. Even if I lose my weight first I will still be here encouraging you both on. Then once we have all reached our goal I will still be here encouraging you both as well as myself to keep the weight off, because that is of equal importance.:hug:

Nicki

inthemidst
08-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Nicki,

Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes that is all we need to keep moving in the right direction. I am here for you too. Through thick to thin! :D

Gotta go ready for a Dr's appointment.

Have a great day!

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 02:22 PM
To both of you, I want to say, "THANK YOU."

Ash, I started to do the food journal many, many times, but ya' know. It never lasted. I just couldn't keep writing things down, because life happens in between. So, I'm going to try something new and do it with you guys.

Today, 08/24/09: Two bowls of dry Cheerios. Mood: Started off really grumpy, but got over it quickly. Watched my favorite religious program (Joyce Meyer), received a lot of really good words to enrich my life/day. So, I'm in a terrific, go get it, today is the first day of the rest of my life, etc. advice. I'm stepping out in faith.

Nicki, thanks for what you wrote. I wish that I had the capability of sending along photos via computer, but this computer is old without a lot of the bells and whistles of the new ones. But, I'd love to send "before" and "after" photos of me to you guys. Because I will succeed. Especially with friends like you two.

Ya' know, when all three of us get to our ideal weight, I hope that we will continue to correspond. Either via emails, letters or whatever.

I couldn't have asked for better weight loss buddies. :bravo:

Nicki54
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Do either of you remember that old song 'One wheel on my wagon?' well this morning the wheel fell off my shopping trolley and bounced down the road to be finally run over by a double decker bus! So guess who then bought a new one, I nearly died when I found out how much it cost, around $70 (changed currency it was of course in pounds not dollars and it was 35. Still the last one lasted over 11 years and was in use nearly every day so I hope this one lasts as long at least.

Nothing to report on my eating, things are just ticking along, which is how I like it.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Kelli we could always send our before and after photos the old fashioned way, via snail mail. Exchange e.mails via the PM system here then arrange to send each other a before picture. It is an option, not fast or instant, and it would cost postage I admit but we would have the photo's.

Nicki

Nicki54
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Ash how did your Dr appointment go?

Nicki

Nightmare
08-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Just to post what I ate for lunch today, before I shut off my VERY ANNOYING computer!!!

I had:
a can of tuna with a tablespoon of mayo
2/3 cup of cottage cheese with some sunflower seeds in it
and
coffee

KELLI

Nightmare
08-25-2009, 09:44 AM
DINNER:

I had: my own fried rice of grilled chicken, celery and rice. About 1 1/2 cups.

Nightmare
08-25-2009, 09:50 AM
BREAKFAST:

I would have weighed myself, but it's just 5 a.m. and I'm the only one stirring, so I didn't want to make much noise.
I had two pieces of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Coffee and I'm going to have a banana or two, now.

Nicki54
08-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm joining Kelli in posting up what I eat. :hungry:

Breakfast was 2 rashers of bacon, 2 poached eggs, mushrooms and baked beans

Lunch was a chicken salad bought at a hospital canteen. (I'm going to copy and paste a message I wrote on the SW thread which tells more)

Dinner was a Chinese takeaway (that isn't part of my food plan, and yes I fell off the wagon).

I've also eaten today 2 bananas, an apple, 8 strawberries, numerous grapes and a satsuma, drunk 4 black coffees and 5 glasses of water. (no wonder I kept having to use the hospitals restroom facilities.)

Nicki

Nicki54
08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I was doing great until tonight, I know it's no excuse but I was so tired having spent all day at the hospital having dr's prodding and pokeing at my bad knee and of course I had Zoe with me and she needs 100% attention. Then there were the horrendous bus and train journeys which are no joke with an autistic child in tow. When I got in I could hardly walk so I phoned out for a Chinese. Zoe and I shared a king prawn fu yong and Colin ate spare ribs, chips and beef chow mein. So it's superspeeding for me till Thursday and hope not to have done too much damage. Almost forgot I had a chicken salad at the hospital.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi Chickies;
This was my food for the day:
1 cup fiber cereal with 1 cup milk and 1 scoop protein powder.
1 latte with non-fat milk.
2 compressed twig crackers (lol that is what I call them) with cheese. Didn't have time to eat all my lunch because of class.
a lean cuisine for dinner and 8oz of almond milk. 1 Pudding cup.

It was a day definitely lacking in veggies and fruit. And too low in calories. But I am not hungry, so I guess it is ok. I am counting calories and logging everything, everyday. Almost a habit.

Catch you tomorrow.
A

Nicki54
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Yet another trip to hospital today, heading off in about an hour, though this time it's just to the local one and not where we went yesterday, this means just a short bus trip and no train journey. No prodding today either, just going to pick up my surgical socks.

Breakfast was 2 slices of Marmite toast with black coffee banana and orange

Lunch was wholemeal pasta with tuna, and a corn on the cob

Dinner is going to be rice with grilled chicken and steamed veggies.

Nicki

Nightmare
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Two pieces of toast with a couple slices of bacon and coffee.

Nicki54
08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
I think I've put weight on not off this week, that Chinese takeaway has sent me spiraling way off course. I'm eating according to the plan, but adding in extras that shouldn't be there.

So here is my acurate account of what I've eaten since I last posted my food intake.

12 go ahead yogurt break bars.

4 bags of salt and vinegar crisps

8 slices of toast

4 peanut butter sandwiches.

1 bowl of cornflakes

Skimmed milk

6 plums

2 satsumas

1 bunch of grapes

2 nectarines

a medium sized chicken breast no skin

1 packet of savoury rice

1 packet of tomato and basil pasta shapes.

This has been consumed from 2.30 yesterday to now.

Do either of you have the answer of why I can stick to the eating plan for half of the week but sabotage just before I weigh in? I wonder if I'm so used to failing that being successful is frightening.

Nicki

inthemidst
08-27-2009, 08:11 AM
HI Chickies,

I am checking in briefly. This school thing has thrown my schedule, body, whatever all off. Craved a burger last night so I had one. Was going to be kind to myself everyweek on t, w, th. I am not sure that was being kind.

I don't understand sabotage....I always seem to eat more on the day I lose weight. I have thought about the issue of success as well.

I do know that this is process that we just have to keep plugging away at. And we have to be kind to ourselves.

I have to run. Willbe away formthe computer F-Su.

Thinking of you both.
Ash

Nicki54
08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
No weigh in for me tonight Zoe has been feeling poorly all day and it's not fair to drag her out just so I can stand on a scale. Colin would look after her normally in this type of situation but he's working right now and won't be home until 10.00 tonight. So although it's not an official SW weigh in. Heres what I weigh according to my trusty bathroom scales. 257 which is a gain of 1.5lb. Though as I've just eaten a plateful of grilled chicken with SW chips and loads of steamed veggies, I'm thinking that maybe at least .5 of the weight gain could be caused by that :crossed: So I'm not changing my tracker until I see whether the weight gain is a true indication or whether it is just because I weighed myself 10 minutes after eating.

Nicki

Nightmare
08-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Nicki, It's a daily challenge, so if one day the food just calls to you, then tomorrow do your best to get back on track.

Here's a little trick that has been working for me. When I go to find something I can eat in the frig, it all calls to me!!
But, if I put snacks like cut carrots, cut celery, etc., in little baggies in the frig, then I know that "that" is my snack and grab it before I grab something else.
Also, I've started doing the same with traveling in the car. I take a baggie of dry cherrios, almonds, pretzels to munch on instead of perhaps driving through some fast food place.
And, of course, keep the bottled water right next to you.

The last couple of nights have been just disasterous for me, pain wise. Last night was thee worst. But, I go to my new doctor in less then a months time, so I had better be coming home with a prescription for pain killers. I just can't live my life in pain anymore. It's been since 1995 and getting worse. And, the extra poundage I'm certain DOES NOT HELP.
So, there's a huge motivation for me.

Anyway Nicki, keep positive. Keep "good" snacks around. You can do it. It's a mindset and then it's a lifetime healthy lifestyle.

KELLI

P.S. Thanks for the info on the tracker and I guess that this post will tell the story of whether or not I pulled it off!!!
Drum roll please!!!!

Nightmare
08-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Testing for the tracker again. Thanks Nicki, you got me my tracker!! Ya Hoo.

Nicki54
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
I love the idea of individual bags of healthy snacks, and I'm going to get some ready today, thanks for the tip off Kelli, another thing I'm going to do is stop buying bad snacks under the excuse that they're for DD and DH and then eat them myself, this is what happened with the crisps (potato chips) and the Go Ahead bars.

Glad I was of help with the tracker. :hug:

Nicki

Nightmare
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey Nicki, I hope that the baggies idea works out for you.

As for the snacks, can you buy snacks more on the healthy choices for DH and DD?
Like baked crisps as opposed to fried crisps? Breakfast bars 90 calories or less for the sweet snack? Individual packaged cookies for less calories?
Just another thought.

I haven't showered yet, and that means that I haven't weighed in yet. But, I need to do that this morning. And, I'll raise up a little prayer and ask for it to be at least the same weight or even better, lower.

On a complete change of topic, but as I write to you my mind is absolutely flooded with my relatives and England as a whole. And, I hope that one day I can return. It's been a very long time. I've lost loved ones and gained new ones that I have yet to meet. So, "when" I make that trip over, you better be dressed cause I'm coming a knocking!!!!
That'd be cool, wouldn't it?
Meeting.

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND.

We're full of things to do. We were hoping to all get baptised this weekend, but that's a long story. Looks like DH and DS will be doing it.

inthemidst
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Chickies,

Back from my camp reunion. The reunion was the best. Love the camp! Love my camp friends!
Eating was a mess though. Not much to choose from. I am up 4 lbs this morning. Uggh. My goal is to get that off soon.
Did walk a ton and climb up and down - back and forth to our cabin. And went on a beautiful hike. So I am confident I did not do too much damage.

Have a great day!
Ash

Nicki54
09-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Just about survived the weekend. Zoe's poorly and then there was the wedding almost from **** to survive.

Kelli when you come over I would love to meet you, and if you ever come over Ash you will be warmly welcomed as well. :hug:

I've also decided that I'm only going to lose 7lb at a time and concentrate on that alone. Sometimes the large amount of weight we have to lose can become daunting and unsumountable. Losing in my case 7lb a time, (that's half a stone) or in maybe 10lb sections, makes it acheiveable. So I haven't got over 100lb to lose I've only got 7lb to lose. Then when that's gone I'll have another 7lb to lose.

I'm now going to make up a new tracker.

Nicki

inthemidst
09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

Nicki-sorry you had a difficult weekend. The 7 lb loss idea is great. I am doing about 10lb increments. And it makes it much easier in my mind.

It would be fun to meet up in england. How close are you to newcastle, Nicki? Did I tell you I am encouraging my dd to go to school there - she is a uk citizen. I'd miss her but it would be a great experience.

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day!

Nicki54
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Ash I've just checked via google maps and I'm 176 miles away from Newcastle upon Tyne and it says it would take about 3 hours to get there by car, now as I'm without a car at the moment I'm told that it will take me 7 hours by public transport.[/COLOR]. Then for a laugh I found out how long it would take me to walk, that came up as between 2 to 3 days. Now that's optomistic to me, the speed I walk at I'd put it at 2 to 3 weeks!:D

Nicki

inthemidst
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
:rofl::hug:

Nightmare
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Gals :carrot:

You guys made me smile as I read over your posts about visiting England and miles from Newcastle and walking it!!!
Thanks, I needed that. :cp:

I just wanted to post and say that I may not be online for awhile, because I am having a bit of a rough spell with the DH. He's going away to his cabin in the mountains near the ocean this long weekend and I'm going to make sure that I have his food bags packed up and ready to go by Thursday!!!
So, this weekend it will be just me and DS.

I'm going to make certain that DS understands that I will be having "ME" time this weekend, too.

Well, keep up the good weight loss girls and I will hopefully be online soon.

KELLI

Nicki54
09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I've got to get my act together. I'm completely off track and sliding down the slippery slope to giving up. It's my turn for my 'Enough is Enough' friends to read me the riot act.

Nicki
ps this mood started at the wedding, it wasn't the food it wasn't the drink no it was the fact that I was so livid, and this is why.

Before the wedding we had been told that the only children allowed at the actual ceremony were those actively involved i.e flower girl, page boy and all other children were to be looked after and join the rest of the wedding party after the ceremony, this was supposed to be because of space. It turns out that Zoe was the only child not allowed into the ceremony and there wasn't any facilities for children to be looked after. So Colin stayed out to look after her. Then we get to the wedding breakfast, all the other children were given a gift for being good, Zoe didn't get one. We were put out of the way on a table at the back. Zoe is the grooms cousin I am the grooms aunt. My sister was mortified when she realised what was happening, so was my nephew, they had both been kept out of the planning of the wedding. But the thing that really got to me was when Zoe went up to say goodbye to the bride and that woman just looked straight through my daughter and walked past her as if she wasn't there with a look of loathing and hatred on her face. Mad I'm still livid. Zoe may be Autistic but she isn't a monster, she's an 11 year old, very loving and I love her to bits.

Hey just thought this is probably one of the rare times I can use certain smilies here!:mad::devil::nono::tantrum::censored::bomb:

inthemidst
09-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Nicki,

I am so sorry that happened to your family. I am horrified at some people's insensitivity and ugliness. Rant all you want. We are sending you many many hugs. :hug:

BUT..... Your health and well being are still very very important. Yes, you must find a way to deal with your feelings but food is not the solution. It will not make you feel better in the long run. Remember how we discussed taking baby steps and learning what we need to learn. Now is the time to learn what is a healthy response when you are feeling crappy, how can you take care of yourself in this situation.

OK, List three things you can do that will be taking care of yourself. I am a firm believer that we have to feel what we feel (I am in this mess because I don't like feeling angry or sad) and so I think it is great that you laid it all out for us. What else can you do? And I know you know what to do because if this had happened to your best friend you would know what you would want her to do.

I know that you can take care of yourself and work through this.

More hugs :hug: and love from across the pond!

weightlosswanted
09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Nicki,
I'm not part of this group, but just read your post and want to let you know how sorry I am that you and your daughter were slighted in that way! Please know that not everyone is as rude, insensitive, and ignorant as those people! The church I raised my children in was awesome with one of the member's children who was autistic. At times M would get up in the middle of church, walk up to the pastor and interrupt the sermon to ask a question. Other times he would go to the choir director or soloist and ask them to play a certain hymn that he liked. Nobody was ever rude or hurtful, and M was never excluded or chastised. This was one reason that was our family church for over 10 years!

As for going off track because of the situation, don't let those people control how you feel or how you treat yourself. Show them that you are the better person and pursue your own goals. If you can't cut these people out of your life, plan in advance how to deal with any future situations to protect your daughter and yourself from their hateful behavior. That way you're the one in control!

Just wanted to add my two cents worth : )

Nicki54
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
5lb weight gain.:( Still it's taught me one thing. No matter how upset I get, eating a load of **** is no way to get my own back, on someone who is obviously so insensitive to the needs and feelings of others. They haven't a clue about it and the only person that suffers is me.

Nicki

Nightmare
09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey Nicki,
I read your post of the wedding incident and I responded to it with all these quotes from this book(s), from this particular author that I really like and then my computer decided to....poof! Presto, chango and it was gone.

Essentially, I had written that I was sorry (and infuriated) for you inregards to that very rude/nasty individual that treated your daughter so poorly.

I, personally, am studying the Word and using a great deal of what I read from Joyce Meyer books to start living a more peaceful, joyful, Godly life. And, I would probably have taken that woman's head off at an appropriate time, but then when I think back on what I've read and hopefully learned, I wouldn't have said a thing.

I'm upset and sorry for your situation and I can certainly understand the 5 lb. gain.
The situation with DH and I, is so incredibly stressful that all I've done the past week is EAT.
I'm so afraid to even stand on the scale.
So, I can relate to the eating under stressful conditions.

Hope things have calmed down for you. :hug::hug::hug:

KELLI

Nicki54
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Things have calmed down, but still not back on the wagon, though I have stopped the mindless binging.

What I did was take myself to the Dr's and availed myself to the resources of the NHS. She weighed me, chatted to me, and arranged for me to see the dietary nurse on a 2 weekly basis. My first session was this morning and I now have a personal dietary sheet to work from I'm also on the waiting list to see a eating disorder specialist and I've got a relaxation/self hypnosis tape to help my mind set. If it turns out that I do have an eating disorder then I'll get sessions with the eating specialist, if it is just the fact that I eat too much and need to move more I may if lucky get a gym membership at the local leisure centre.

Nicki

inthemidst
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Nicki,
So glad you are taking care of yourself.

Kelli,
Focussing on joy and peace has got to be the right track...for us all. Now matter how you do it. I have been thinking that I have let my prayer life go in the last few months and I need to get back to it.

I am still losing but have adopted some bad eating habits. And my body is not happy. Have to go back to eating more natural foods. Why is that so hard.

Have two papers to write today- so must get started.

A

Nightmare
09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Things have calmed down, but still not back on the wagon, though I have stopped the mindless binging.

What I did was take myself to the Dr's and availed myself to the resources of the NHS. She weighed me, chatted to me, and arranged for me to see the dietary nurse on a 2 weekly basis. My first session was this morning and I now have a personal dietary sheet to work from I'm also on the waiting list to see a eating disorder specialist and I've got a relaxation/self hypnosis tape to help my mind set. If it turns out that I do have an eating disorder then I'll get sessions with the eating specialist, if it is just the fact that I eat too much and need to move more I may if lucky get a gym membership at the local leisure centre.

Nicki

Hey Nicki,
Sounds like you've got your head on your shoulders. The doctor's office visit sounds like some good things in store for you on your journey to a new healthy lifestyle. You go girl!! :carrot:

I have a new doctors appointment tomorrow (kind of nervous). I've got my agenda in an envelope ready to go over with her. My main issue is pain. Then, it's weight and then it's diabetes.
So, wish me luck.

Talking about mindless eating. OMGosh, that has been me for the last couple of weeks. It's been so bad, that I won't go near the scale.
I've been SO incredibly stressed out with the family life, that I've literally been on a non-stop eating binge. It's been scarry.

I wrote myself a note, (DH was at the cabin for the weekend) that was directed to him that said, "We have one of two choices. We either go to marriage/family counseling OR go see a divorce attorney."
Now I just have to force myself to say those words.

Anyway Nicki, I've got your back. You go through whatever the doctor advises and you'll be on your way to that healthy lifestyle.:cp:

KELLI

Nightmare
09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Nicki,
So glad you are taking care of yourself.

Kelli,
Focussing on joy and peace has got to be the right track...for us all. Now matter how you do it. I have been thinking that I have let my prayer life go in the last few months and I need to get back to it.

I am still losing but have adopted some bad eating habits. And my body is not happy. Have to go back to eating more natural foods. Why is that so hard.

Have two papers to write today- so must get started.

A

Hey Ash,

My prayer life is improving daily and I'm really enjoying getting back into the swing of things in the church life.
My family life is such a mess that I knew that I needed something, so I've literally dove head first into church and of course, all my religious books. My favorite one is Joyce Meyer. She just inspires me so much. And, I watch her every morning.

With life happening, sometimes priorities get messed up. It's just a time setting for the prayer life that I'm hoping you'll be able to swing her real soon.

As for the bad eating habits, sometimes that happens when schedules get busy, too.

I'm here to support ya'.

KELLI

Nicki54
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi Kelli and Ash. I too am here to support you both, however I'll leave the religious thing to you two. :hug:

Nicki

Nightmare
09-09-2009, 10:42 PM
And, "leaving the religious thing to Ash and I" is totally fine.

Ya' know, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. What one believes is not necessarily what another believes. So, rock on!!!

So, with that said, "How are you doing?

I went to my new doctor today for a medication renewal, which is done yearly and she is awesome! We hit it off right away. I'm sticking wih this one. I'm so happy :D:D

I went in kind of nervous with my notes in front of me stating, "I have this and this and I would like this and this......"
And, she agreed with all of it!!! :D

I'm so happy.
Oh, right, I said that already!!! LOL

I got pain meds. :cp::cb::cp:

Praise the Lord I'm headed for a good nights sleep!!!!!!

BUT........I'm up in weight.:(:(

KELLI

Nicki54
09-10-2009, 03:04 AM
:carrot::carrot:On finding a doctor that is perfect for you!:cb::cb::cb:for getting the pain meds. As for putting on some more weight, well you know the cure for that don't you?;)

I'm not doing too well, but better that last week. In other words I've stayed the same. Still this is a new leaf. I've had to stop going to the meeting for SW Zoe has started to play up in the meetings and when that happens it's not fair on everyone else. Secondly Colin is going away to work on site next week and he will be away weekdays until just before Christmas so he won't be available to look after Zoe. I've told my leader and she understands the situation, so for the next couple of months I'm signing up for the online SW service and I'll rejoin the group in the New Year I hope.

Nicki

inthemidst
09-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi,
Kelli - glad the doc appointment went well. Getting a good doc is so important.
Nicki - I'm glad they have an online option. That will work great!

I am hanging in there. School is rough and last night I was tempted to quit. We have already lost two of the "old folks." But I'll get through.

Gotta go. I am thinking about you two.
Ash

Nicki54
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Got the results of my xrays and blood test results yesterday and I've officially got arthritis in my left knee, right hip and left ankle.:( The good news is that my blood pressure is within normal limits and I haven't got diabetes, oh and my cholestoral is within acceptable limits as well.:D

Nicki

inthemidst
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Nicki, You got some great news!!!! :congrat:
I am sorry to hear about the arthritis. :hug:

Nicki54
09-11-2009, 05:06 PM
The artritis is in the early stages and if no when I get the weight off it will help ensure that it doesn't get too bad too quickly. I've got the motivation I really needed to get on with getting myself to a healthy weight. This was my wake up call.

Nicki

Nicki54
09-12-2009, 05:09 AM
I ventured down into the scary section of these boards (well scary for me that is) the exercise forums.:exercise::eek:and in a spurt of enthusiasm signed myself up to take part in TBL fall challenge and I'm now a member of the Red Team.

My gym membership has come through and thanks to the NHS it's free, but I've still to go to my first session and of course I will have to be careful and take my arthritis into consideration. Equally I'm not going to use it as an excuse to sit on my backside all day and moan.

Nicki

inthemidst
09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Nicki
That is great. What is TBL?

A

Nicki54
09-12-2009, 09:33 AM
TBL is the intitials for The Biggest Loser, as in the tv programme of the same name.

Nicki

Nightmare
09-12-2009, 12:05 PM
WOW, Nicki, it certainly sounds like you are on the right road to success. I, too, need to jump on that road.
I had (in 2008) x-rays taken of my right knee and at that time it had shown a bone spur and arthritic changes.

Let's just tell it like it is, "It's ****' getting older!!!!"

Because of the stress of DH and/or marriage and now with DS and the OCD diagnosis with him, my stress level has skyrocketed and I'm an emotional eater. Need I say more?!!!

Yup, I gained almost 10 lbs.
Oh my gosh you guys, I'm just under 300 lbs.
So, Nicki, share that road headed for weight loss and overall a healthy lifestyle, because I need to get on it with, too.

Best of luck to you and keep a good attitude and the success shall be yours.

KELLI

YES, I KNOW MY TRACKER IS STILL MESSED UP!!!!!!

Nicki54
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I've set myself a weight loss challenge and an exercise challenge to last until Christmas Day. I've got to lose 2 stone (28lb) and I have to walk a minimum of 100 miles and those miles have to be monitored correctly i.e I can only count the times I walk and use my pedometre I can't forget to wear it and then guess how far I've travelled. They are realistic goals but when I've acheived them they will give me the confidence to set harder goals in 2010 and that is the year I'm going to reach goal.

Now I haven't given out any :hug: or:cheer2: recently and it's about time I did. I'm here for you both as you now. Ash I sorry to hear how your course is getting you down but keep on going because after all it will be so worth it in the end. Kelli just reach out your hand and I'll pull you back up onto the wagon. You can do it girl, be strong and for once in your life put yourself and your needs first.

Nicki

Nightmare
09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, I'm taken my "getting back on the wagon" seriously, but slowly.
I'm doing my research regarding exercises via the internet and writing good points down on paper.
Then, I'm going to take some "me" time, which will most likely take up an entire day and sit down with all my miscellaneous books and write out a diet plan.
Then, I'll need to get back into journaling my food intake online to keep me steady.

Plus, I'm researching increasing serotonin levels with exercises for my son. And, if I come up with something, he and I will be exercising every day together. Which probably isn't such a bad idea to start with.

So, I'm headed back to the wagon, just doing it slowly.

P.S. Hey Nicki, Can you help me get my tracker back? I apparently don't have any idea how to get it back. I've tried at least five times now.

inthemidst
09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey. Been doing miserable the last week. Tonight was the worst. Ate 900 calories over limit. Needless to say I feel icky. Have to get back on plan tomorrow. A

Nicki54
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
:hug:Ash it's horrible feeling icky even when you've brought it on yourself, in fact sometimes that's worse so go on have another :hug:

Kelli I've sent you a message about the tracker that I hope helps.

Having spent the last few days binging and being completely off the rails I've come to a decision. The plan I've been following although in general a good one, and a plan on which many people have lost and maintained their weight loss the plan is not for me. Why? because I'm a carb addict. I've tried numerous diets, eating plans some more successful than others but the only one where I not only lost weight, and felt physically and emotionally stable was Atkins. So I'm starting back on Atkins Induction. I know that I'm going to feel lousy for the next few days as I detox from the nasty carbs my body can't tolerate but I also know that once I'm over that period I'm going to feel better than I have in ages.

Nicki

inthemidst
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Nicki,
I too am a carb addict. My bingeing started last week with my dd's birthday cake. I don't do atkins - but today I have minimized my carbs and feel so so much better. I have been keeping track of my carbs and trying to get tons of fiber and staying away from sweets and bread since those are my triggers. I did atkins a few years ago and it was great.
We do have to figure out what works for us.
Sending you a hug across the pond. :hug:

Nicki54
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Guess where I've spent a lot of time today! Give in ? The toilet! I should have known that eating up those WW sweets yesterday wasn't the best idea. The bad head hasn't started yet, but in a strange perverse way I'm sort of looking forward to it as it means I'm clearing out the bad and making way for the good.

Nicki

Nicki54
09-20-2009, 11:33 AM
No bad head yet, I was beginning to get a little worried and double checked via my well thumbed copy of the orange Diet Revolution that I wasn't making any silly mistakes and then it struck me. I think that the tablets that I'm taking for my arthritis are taking that bad head away. Food wise I'm sticking to eggs, chicken, pork, lamb, beef, green beans, cucumber, broccolli, a little double cream to help make up my scrambled eggs. mincemeat (ground beef)to make up homemade guaranteed to have no bread or rusk etc in burgers. Fresh fish and tinned tuna in oil, various herbs and spices and a little seasoning. I'm averaging between 15 to 25 carbs a day.

The best thing of all though is that I'm no longer craving the nasty carbs and I'm no longer food obssessed.:broc::broc:

Nicki

inthemidst
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Nicki, Sounds great.

Might have to join you on atkins. Have gain almost 2 lbs and its because I am having more "bad" carbs. Gotta figure something out. And then I have to do it.
Hope you have a great day. Hi Kelli.

A

Nicki54
09-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Ash if you really want to go back to Atkins then I would be very happy for you to join me, we can support each other through the ups and downs. The 'Atkins Flu' the bad breath, the planning of meals, swopping low carb recipes. Tips on how to get through those days when nothing seems to be going right, and when we're being lectured at by the low cal brigade etc.

Having said that I would of course still be behind you supporting you if you decided that Atkins wasn't the way for you.

Kelli, you are in my thoughts, and I hope that you will come and post here soon to let me and Ash know how you are.

Nicki

Nightmare
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I am here to make a declaration that I am back on track as of today. :carrot:

The pain level alone is enough is get me down in size.
Today on my "list of things to do" is going to be my diet plan.
I am going to actually have it written down as to what I can eat.

It's not a "plan" it is merely just eating less and eating healthy.

Also, I'm going to make an exercise routine with me and my son to do weekly.

Oh the wardrobe DH is going to have to buy!!!

Nicki54
09-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Kelli good for you on getting back on track! Looks like all 3 of us are once again being serious about our battle to reach our goals.

I'm fuming about how insensitive your husband is Kelli, you deserve so much better. I can't remember but do you have other children at home apart from your DS, I know he's your priority child right now because of his problems but I would love to hear about any others and what they're up to.

Ash how's it going are you back on track yet? Want to hear about your loved ones as well.

I'm going to suggest here to you both that I think we should exchange e.mail addresses via the pm system. I have a good reason for this, another dieting board I was a member for suddenly ceased to exist, no warning, no explanation just there one day gone the next. I was a member there for over 5 years, but because of the sites disappearance I've lost contact with many people I used to chat to on a daily basis simply because that was our only means of communication. Or we could be on Facebook together as another option. Then theres Instant Messenger or the yahoo one etc. What do you both think?

Nicki

Nicki54
09-25-2009, 09:25 AM
:( Have I said something wrong?:(

Nicki

Nicki54
09-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Where are you Kelli and Ash?:?:

I'm hopeless at talking to myself, I suppose that's why I've never bothered with a blog. ;)

Nicki

inthemidst
09-27-2009, 09:45 AM
So sorry...been awol again. I was overwhelmed at school and exhausted ...so much so I didn't even want to get on the computer.

Anyway things are fine here tho. I am trying to figure out how to eat when I am overwhelmed. I know I should be staying op ...but I also know if I start to feel deprived then I will binge - especially when I am stressed about school. I have been doing ok with that - not eating the carbs like I normally would. So when I need to put something in my mouth -I have been going for the protein.

Nicki - so sorry to hear about your other board. I will send out my email to both of you. Also I think I want to try to continue my plan for the moment...but when I start to stall down the road - I will be looking seriously at Atkins. BTW congrats on your losses!!! :carrot: :woohoo:

Kelli - congrats for getting back on track. :congrat: Please post how you are doing!!

Hugs to both of you.

Nicki54
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
:hug:Ash, here for a quick hello to you and Kelli before bedtime it's 11.10pm here. Been out playing darts, had a good night even though we lost 2-1. Won the beer leg though. Zoe came with me as Colin is away this week working in Hull.
Haven't checked me e.mail since Monday. Think I'll go and do that now before bedtime. :hug: again

Nicki

inthemidst
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Rushing off to class. Sending hugs :hug: across the Atlantic.

Kelli- miss you! :hug:

Nightmare
10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Ash, Hi Nicki, Sorry that I haven't been online in awhile, but I've actually been trying to figure out this homeschool software package that I just bought for my DS's school year on his new notebook/laptop.
Computer smarts, I don't have.
I got the software on the 09/23 and I finally threw in the towel of me figuring things out that I ended up calling the company for assistance.
At one point, I told the man on the phone what I was looking at on the screen and he said, "Oh, haven't seen that one before. What'd ya' do?!!!"
After we got a good chuckle he managed to work me through step by step and figured it out. (I'm hoping that I don't stumble with it again)

And, my daughter is having difficulties. She just moved out of the house the in May and long story short, she is telling me that she has "issues" to deal with and wants to go see a therapist. She says that her Dad really messed her up and that she doesn't ever want to talk to him again.

Anyway, that's pretty much what's been happening with me that has kept me off my computer.

But, I'm hoping to get online every morning like before and post.

Keep up the good work on the healthy lifestyle guys.

Will post again soon.

KELLI

Nicki54
10-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Apologies for being away but my dratted computer conked out on me and it was only when DH came home a day earlier than expected i.e. last night that it's been coaxed back into life. So here I am. :carrot::carrot:

I'm so happy that you have both trusted me with your e.mail addresses and I can promise you both that I won't send any non personal e.mails or any attachments that I am uncertain in any way hold any nasties such as viruses.

I'll be back later oh and before I forget I'm still on track with the Atkins.

Nicki

Nightmare
10-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I can certainly relate to an old relic of a computer, Nicki. I am in the same boat as you.
I have friends that send me photos and videos and this old thing can't see them or possible amber up enough strength to run them!!
Then, now with DS's school work, I have to use his notebook to grade and whatnot on. I really tried when we went shopping for the notebook that I could get one along with his, but DH said, "Why don't we see how this goes first."
Alas, I'm stuck with ole' Nellie here!!!
But, hey, at least I have one and am fortunate that it works at all.

DH, DS and I went out to dinner the other night and believe it or not, it was quite pleasant. We went to a local taco place to buy DS's dinner and then we went to a pizza parlour and DH and I had a pizza and a pitcher of ale while DS had his taco stuff.
Maybe we could convince DH to do something along those lines again tonight. That would be fun on a Friday night.

Well, I had better attempt to accomplish something today. I don't sleep well (I wake up every hour due to pain) during the night, so unfortunately, I just found myself taking a nap in the recliner!!! So, DS is in the shower and then it's my turn and then BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.

Have a fantastic weekend you's guys!!!:carrot: And, I will try to do the same. DH has to have a minor surgery the 8th, so wish me luck on dealing with him while he's lingering around the house over the weekend!!!!!:lol::lol:

Keep up the daily healthy lifestyle choices.

KELLI

Nicki54
10-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Quick post to say Hi.:D

Nicki

inthemidst
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi back!

Nicki54
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
:D
Monday here and I've had a normal weekend, nothing special happened. Had some fun with DH though ;):o! Well it counts as exercise.:rofl:. Though if it was that good a form of exercise I'd be skinny. I love having fun with DH.:love:

Nicki

inthemidst
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Nicki- you made my day!!!

Nightmare
10-07-2009, 03:04 AM
If I'm reading between the lines correctly. I haven't had any of that kind of exercise in about three years. :fr:

But, I'm okay with it.

DH is a bit testy, though./COLOR]

Nicki54
10-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Kelly yes you have read correctly between the lines. ;) No chance of any more of that though this week. DH is working away and won't be home until Friday.

I'm happy this morning, got on the scales for my official weigh in and I've lost another 5lb's!:carrot::carrot: Hey just thought I've got to add one of these to my signature:cloud9: I'm adding one for every 7lb I lose. It's 7lb because thats half a stone and being British I think in stones and pounds and not just pounds. For me thinking in just pounds would be like just thinking of my height in inches and not feet and inches as for the metric system that loses me completely.

Nicki

Nightmare
10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Another 5 lbs.?
That's terrific. Keep going girl.

I haven't stood on the scale since the Doctors office appointment on the 9th of September and it was the highest ever. But, then when I give it some thought, every time I go to the doctors office their scales are always weighing high.
But, my own scale is really old and isn't real reliable, so perhaps I'll pick up a new one.

But, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! :lol:

Well, rough night last night, so I'm going back to bed now!!!

Keep up the great work Nicki.

inthemidst
10-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Chickies:

Nicki - :bravo: 5 lbs!
Kelli - so sorry you had a bad night. :hug:

I have had a cold and been eating off plan. Feel yucky today. But today is a new day and I am making the most of it.

Hope we all have a wonderful day. :carrot:

Nicki54
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
:hug:Ash hope you're feeling better. I hope I didn't pass it onto you because I've been feeling grotty as well over the past few days.;):getwell:

Kelli I had the shock of my life today. DH isn't only letting me have his old computer but he's also upgrading it for me so that it will run better and faster. He loves building computers up from scratch and he also has the brains, ability and financial commonsense to do the job properly. He's starting building his new one this weekend, which means I should be getting his old one hopefully before Christmas, and no it's not to be my Xmas present either:D;). Still until then I'm on 'Hal'.:devil:named after the insane computer in 2001 A Space Oddyses.

inthemidst
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
How wonderful an newish computer upgraded and everything. Very nice.

Well today I feel more in control that I have in 2 weeks. Looking forward to some loss this week.

wishing you both a great week. :carrot:

Nicki54
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
:cheer2:Ash you go girl!:carrot:

Kelli :hug: hope things are going all right.

Nicki

inthemidst
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Nicki,

Those tickers keep moving. 47 miles.....almost halfway there! :bravo:

Nicki54
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Ash yes the walking ticker was moving along nicely until I decided to erase it and my other ticker as well. I wanted just one ticker showing how much I've got to lose it total, I also wanted a happy cheerful ticker, a colourful ticker and one that sends out positive vibes. Now my main reason on getting rid of the excercise ticker was that it could only count the number of steps/mileage that my cheap pedometre was registering and it became very obvious that for every step I took it was registering at least 4. it was:nose:and in association so was I, So they have both gone, the cheap pedometre and the exercise tracker.

I'm now going to pick a couple of smilies, one for every 7lb I lose and another for each stone.

Nicki

Nightmare
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Ash, sorry about the rotten cold. Perhaps our recent weather change got ya?
As I am writing this, I'm sitting here watching the wind blow, the clouds move in front of the sun, then the sun peeking back and then the power goes off and on about six times. I kid you not. Six times!!

So, I'm going to write this and then shut er' down.
My computer is so old that a few more shocks to it's system might just knock it out completely.

Nicki, right on for the upgraded computer. :D

I haven't been around much to get online.
DH had knee surgery on Thursday and I've been playing nurse/driver since. Then for the last two days, I've driven him into work. And, he won't "ALLOW" me to just drop him off and then return home and then pick him up.
I've never heard of anyone doing this.
But, we live about 45 minutes from his office. So, in his mind, it isn't cost effective for me to drop him off, return home and then go back to pick him up.
He expects me to just wait the whole day at his office until it's time for him to call it a day.

Oh, well excuse me, but do I not have a life??????
Must I always forfeit whatever I'm doing or whatever I have planned for him????
Oh my gosh, maybe before my life is over I'll stop being a doormat??
One can only hope!!!

Well, I have to head up to Washington state, where I'm originally from to visit my family and my daughter next week, so I won't be online for awhile.
So, you guys get well (Ash) and Nicki keep up the good healthy living stuff!!!

I've been checking online on which diet program I'm going to hook up with because I'm not doing anything right now. And, I feel so incredibly uncomfortable and painful that I just can't stand it.
So, I've come to the realization that I have to try either Weight Watchers or something. Because I'm going to end up having a heart attack or just plain keel over.

Anyway, one step in front of the other.

KELLI

Nicki54
10-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been doing some thinking Kelli and I wondered whether your DH be willing for you to have those 'Jenny Craig' or something similar meals delivered to your house? I was thinking that could be a good way for you to get in control of portion sizes etc and once you'd done that for a few weeks or months you could then replicate the meals you like at home for a fraction of the cost.;) How far is he willing to go to help you get healthy? Gym membership for when (not if) you get healthy enough perhaps, or is he just a moaning winger, who can only spot faults but can't or won't lift a finger to help.

Having said that though Kelli go with your gut instinct and pick an eating plan that is right for you.:hug:

Nicki

Nicki54
10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
No change in my weight this week.

Thinking of you both and hope everything is ok?:hug::hug:

Nicki

inthemidst
10-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Chickies,

Been gone, off plan, stressed. Have 3 more weeks of intense school work. Going to work out a plan of attack today.

Hugs to you both!

Nicki54
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
No weigh in for me this week. DD was rushed into hospital on Sunday night with breathing problems and ended up in intensive care , she's now on the road to recovery and we hope to get her home either tomorrow or Sunday. I've been staying with her at the hospital until today, so any thought of dieting or exercise has been to be honest the last thing on my mind.

Nicki

inthemidst
10-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Nicki,
I am so sorry to hear about dd. So glad she is recovering. :hug:

Take care of yourself.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Nicki54
11-02-2009, 02:40 AM
DD is out of hospital!:carrot::carrot::D. Now I've got to get rid of the 5lb I've gained over the past week. Hope to hear from you both soon regardless of whether you're on track or not. After all life is never simple or easy, and who knows what is going to happen. :hug:

Nicki

Nightmare
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm sorry that I haven't been posting for awhile. but "stuff" is happening with me. I've got DH issues, and on that note, I "finally" confronted him and said that we need to seek counseling. (Let me tell you a little something about me: I'm not confrontational. If it can be avoided, I do.)
He said to me, "Whatever I need, we'll do."
The other day he asked me if I was "that" unhappy.
Oh my gosh, after YEARS, he asks me that question. What....is he totally blind?
And, I just got back from Washington state visiting my DD and my family. Was up there for a couple of nights. Then, I have DS with his schooling and issues. And, ya' know, life!!!
Plus, DS has been using my desk for his laptop place to do his homework, so then I just pushed my computer aside and I just don't get online much at all.
Sorry guys.

Ash, school sounds intense. Hope you are enjoying it.
I've been toying with the idea of returning to school. In fact, I'm going to check online today with some websites I've seen on TV.

Nicki, sorry to hear about DD. What was the final diagnosis?
But, I am glad that she is out of hospital now.

I have another (as if "health issues" isn't enough!!!) incentive to lose the weight.
I just found out that I have a cousin and his wife coming over to visit in February or March from England that I haven't seen in..... YEARS.

Well ladies, hope in general life is treating you well. I'm going to check into a counselor and get that in motion and who knows, maybe things will improve. But, I'm still going to check into my legal rights in case we do divorce. Might as well be prepared for which ever. Right?

TAKE CARE.

Nightmare
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
:?:HEY YOU GUYS, WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID????

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS????

Nicki54
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm here, though life has been a little hectic recently, which has mean't less time to be on the computer. Kelli of course you've done nothing wrong, so get that idea out of your head at once. Dieting has also taken a back seat, and to be honest I'm not stressing out over my weight either.

How's everything with you Kelli? It looks like you're taking positive steps to get control back into your life. I'm very proud of you.

Thinking of you Ash and I hope everything is going you're way.

Nicki

Nicki54
11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
:hug:for Ash and Kelli.

Nicki

inthemidst
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey guys......Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for the 2 of you. You have been a wonderful support - even when I haven't shown up.

We are decorating the tree and cooking.

Many hugs,

A

Nightmare
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
:wreath:Hi Guys, My goodness it's the time of year where it's busy, busy and busy!
So, because of that fact, I wanted to take this time to wish you both the happiest of holidays. I don't know how often I will be getting online for awhile. Between DS's schooling, which I might add seems to be a constant battle, and I just found out my DD is engaged and now with Christmas activities and ya' know......life. Phew!!

So, have a great holiday with your family.

:tree:

KELLI

inthemidst
12-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey Kelli,
Thank you for the holiday wishes. I hope you have a wonderful one. Sounds like you have lots to celebrate! How exciting about dd's engagement.:D

This is my last day of school for a till January. I am excited (because I am tired) but nervous about not having structured days. I am going to work it out tho.

Stop by when you can!!!
Ash

Nicki54
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Signing in to say that I'm still here even though I'm totally out of control food wise. My weight is higher than it was when I first joined these boards, and I can't exercise because I've gone and strained my back.

The good news is that Zoe is better, and I'm getting therapy to get to the root cause of my overeating on the good old NHS in the new year.

Nicki

inthemidst
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Chickies,

Slowly getting back in control. Thank goodness there is a new day everyday. I need it.

trying to get out the last holiday cards. That is my goal for today.

Nicki: So glad Zoe is doing better.

Ash

Nicki54
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
It's been strange the last few months, can't quite put my finger on it, but the heart went out of my attempts to lose weight, and my overeating/binging started up again. Needless to say I have been avoiding posting on these boards or even wanting to be in contact with anyone unless absolutely necessary. I've been selfish and for that I apologise.

Things got so bad that I took myself off to the doctors and I'm now on the 'happy pills' Just started taking them and they say it takes about 2 weeks for them to kick in.

Thats it for now

Nicki

Nightmare
12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey Nicki, Sorry to hear about your situation of being down in the dumps. But, oh can I relate.
I was actually going to get on and post asking if you had received my email.

I can totally relate to your situation and would be a very good listener if you needed one. That's one of the things that I do best is listen. In fact, I actually wanted to go to college and become a psychiatrist.

I'm having a dreadful time with the DH, having problems with DD that moved away last May and now won't even call me, one of my Aunts in England just passed away and that was VERY SAD:cry::cry: and I've been eating every thing in sight. I can eat and continue to eat even though I'm not hungry.
It is totally driving me insane.
I can feel the weight gain and how awful I feel.
Now, I have it set in my mind that I have got to get this weight off so I can get the heck out of here.

So, again, I can relate to your situation and like I said if you need an ear.....I've got really big ones!!!

Take care,

KELLI

Nightmare
01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Here ye, here ye, I am here to exclaim that I am beginning a new chapter in this new year!

I just saw one of my favorite doctor's to listen to about nutrition on t.v. (Dr. Don Colbert) and he has published yet another book entitled, "I Can Do This Diet."
I will be getting that book next week and begin my new healthy life style. I talked to my DH about how much it would cost for me to be included in his gym membership or perhaps getting a new stationary bike for me at home and the possibility of me going to see a physical therapist to obtain exercises that I, personally can do with the limitations that I have.

Ladies?
This is going to be my year for success.

I feel so incredibly uncomfortable, I can see by my slowing down in merely walking that has me VERY MUCH concerned with health.
I am literally killing myself.

Nicki?
Come on' girlfriend, let's do it together.
We'd be good for each other.

KELLI

Nightmare
01-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Nicki???

You're on my mind a lot. Hoping things are going better for you?

Would love to hear from you.

Kelli