General chatter - Pizza Hut Stuffed Pizza Rolls

View Full Version : Pizza Hut Stuffed Pizza Rolls

benchmarkman
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Anybody tried the new Pizza Hut Stuffed Pizza Rolls? Are they any good. I'm thinking about getting some this week. Please let's skip the nutrition comments too, I already know there are better choices. Man can not live on veggies alone :)

Thighs Be Gone
07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
If you are a man, 136 and 5'10", you have my permission to eat the rolls! :)

Elladorine
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm willing to bet they are. I used to work at PH and we'd make our own out of the ingredients we had for other things. ;)

Operator265
07-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Sirenity-Didja ever make ham rolls. Take 4-5 pieces of ham before it was quarted, line them up, a little cheese, rolled up and put just at the end of the oven? OMG, Heaven!!!

benchmarkman
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
If you are a man, 136 and 5'10", you have my permission to eat the rolls! :)

Thanks, I'm actually down to about 130lbs now.

Elladorine
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Sirenity-Didja ever make ham rolls. Take 4-5 pieces of ham before it was quarted, line them up, a little cheese, rolled up and put just at the end of the oven? OMG, Heaven!!!
Oh yeah! We also used to make cinnamon rolls out of leftover dough and the cinnamon-sugar for the desert pizzas!

Whew! it's a good thing I don't work there anymore! :lol:

benchmarkman
07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
So back on topic..... Are they good?

Clydegirl
07-13-2009, 11:57 PM
My daughter got them last week. I thought they were pretty good.

harrismm
07-14-2009, 12:45 AM
How bout you try them and let us know??????Im not eating that CRAP!

Scorpio1986
07-14-2009, 01:03 AM
How bout you try them and let us know??????Im not eating that CRAP!

I guess you didn't read her post. She said no judgments...Why don't you judge in a post that wants to be judged? :)

harrismm
07-14-2009, 01:12 AM
..........Not meant as a "judgement".But I appreciate your comment.Thanks.

Onederchic
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I haven't had them but one of my sister's did last week and she loved them.

4myloves
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
The only thing I didn't like about them was that they didn't seem to be cooked long enough. They smelled HEAVENLY and tasted pretty dang good, but they were still a little doughy. Could've just been my PH, though--they look more "browned" in the commercials.

(Melty cheesy goodness is what I seem to enjoy when pregnant.)

FrouFrou
07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I haven't tried them yet...but do plan to use all my flex points if I have to to try them one day!

benchmarkman
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
They are only 920 caloires in a 4 pack. I know that's high but not for going out to eat. A typical, non-diet, restaurant meal is usually over 1,000 calories. I think I might try them tomorrow night, or Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta. The pasta is 1,300 calories though. Any thoughts on which is better, the pizza rolls or Chili's Cajun Pasta?

Thighs Be Gone
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
If I had the calories to spare I would do Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty. OMGoodness, it looks good!

benchmarkman
07-14-2009, 07:51 PM
If I had the calories to spare I would do Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty. OMGoodness, it looks good!

I don't really like ice cream or cold things. Not into coffee either.

Thighs Be Gone
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL--who asked ya. :)

Thighs Be Gone
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
LOL--am I actually debating ways to spend calories with a man that weighs less than I do? Teasing you, teasing you.

MeganBeth
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I'd say go for the pasta. The pizza rolls are good but not really filling at all. We went on a family walk (4 mi round trip ) Sunday since our car broke down and we stopped at pizza hut for a quick/late lunch. We ordered the pizza rolls and our 2.5 year old LOVED them, we liked them but they seemed to be missing something to me. I do plan on making them as a treat at home myself though!

MotoMichelle
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I'd go for the pizza rolls! I've been on a huge pizza kick lately, though. :p

Shannon in ATL
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I've had the pasta from Chili's and it is really crazy good. Not had the pizza rolls, but I imagine that they would be good as well. :)

Shannon in ATL
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM

And Thighs, it is crazy good. I've budgeted it in twice now.... well, budgeted it in once. Almost made it in under budget the second. :o

Betony
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I like the pizza rolls better than their regular pizza -- with a little extra marinara sauce (they never give enough for four rolls), they're pretty darn tasty.

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 09:20 PM
They were pretty decent.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where members reviewed meals from restaurants. Other members could then read the reviews and decide how to "spend" their calories.

kiramira
07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Not really, IMHO. Not all of us are at goal yet and many of us has foresworn "empty calories" for other eating regimens. And for lots of us, discussing those foods that used to call our names is, well, tough and is a subject best left untouched. And there are people on this forum who have serious difficulty with foods such as these. So making a thread for this kind of discussion is, for many, akin to having a thread on an AA forum about the best mixed drinks or the smoothest ale out there.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of reviews on restaurant foods out there, and there MUST be other forums that deal with just this. You'd probably find better/more conversation about them there! Especially since 3FC is specific to weight loss support and the foods you seem to want to discuss by their very nature aren't exactly conducive to this goal.

Just trying to be respectful of the forum and of the many 3FCers who post on this forum who struggle daily with foods such as these. I'm sure we ALL want to be respectful of them, no?

JMHO

Kira

mizski
07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Not all of us are at goal yet and many of us has foresworn "empty calories" for other eating regimens.

I was surprised by this thread and I guess a little saddened. Although I haven't investigated every diet plan here on 3FC I thought that they all pretty much promoted healthy eating.

Let's face it folks, NONE of the offerings on the new Pizza Hut commercial are healthy. And did you see the portion sizes? Wowza. It's sad to see that people who are dieting would even consider these. And for those who are at goal, it doesn't seem like anything was learned during the dieting process...which, courtesy of Pizza Hut pizza rolls will surely have to be repeated.

EZMONEY
07-15-2009, 10:15 PM
They were pretty decent.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where members reviewed meals from restaurants. Other members could then read the reviews and decide how to "spend" their calories.

I think if you have a meal at a chain restaraunt that is "reasonably" healthy and you like it...and want to share it for the good of THE TEAM...well, that is a fine idea. Many of us do that.

If you want to share a recipe that is "reasonably" healthy for THE TEAM....another good idea....many of us do that.

if you want to post threads about foods that are not healthy, and do it frequently, then I think you should find another playground...

just speaking man to man.

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I was surprised by this thread and I guess a little saddened. Although I haven't investigated every diet plan here on 3FC I thought that they all pretty much promoted healthy eating.

Let's face it folks, NONE of the offerings on the new Pizza Hut commercial are healthy. And did you see the portion sizes? Wowza. It's sad to see that people who are dieting would even consider these. And for those who are at goal, it doesn't seem like anything was learned during the dieting process...which, courtesy of Pizza Hut pizza rolls will surely have to be repeated.

Why are you saddened by it? There is nothing unhealth in proportion and everything in over porportion is unhealthy. Do you really consider 920 calories one time a week unhealthy? It has all the basic food groups, your dairy, meat, vegatable, and carbs. I guess I'm confused why this is so "unhealhty".

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I think if you have a meal at a chain restaraunt that is "reasonably" healthy and you like it...and want to share it for the good of THE TEAM...well, that is a fine idea. Many of us do that.

If you want to share a recipe that is "reasonably" healthy for THE TEAM....another good idea....many of us do that.

if you want to post threads about foods that are not healthy, and do it frequently, then I think you should find another playground...

just speaking man to man.

Again I ask how is this unhealthy?

EZMONEY
07-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Again I ask how is this unhealthy?

:) I love this kid! :)

answer....PIZZA HUT ....fight on dude...fight on

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Not really, IMHO. Not all of us are at goal yet and many of us has foresworn "empty calories" for other eating regimens. And for lots of us, discussing those foods that used to call our names is, well, tough and is a subject best left untouched. And there are people on this forum who have serious difficulty with foods such as these. So making a thread for this kind of discussion is, for many, akin to having a thread on an AA forum about the best mixed drinks or the smoothest ale out there.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of reviews on restaurant foods out there, and there MUST be other forums that deal with just this. You'd probably find better/more conversation about them there! Especially since 3FC is specific to weight loss support and the foods you seem to want to discuss by their very nature aren't exactly conducive to this goal.

Just trying to be respectful of the forum and of the many 3FCers who post on this forum who struggle daily with foods such as these. I'm sure we ALL want to be respectful of them, no?

JMHO

Kira

I don't see how this is not being respectful and not HELPFUL. Every diet needs indulgence once in a while, just like I did tonight. I would feel much better if people reviewed their indulgences and let me know if its actually worth me eating something. Wouldn't you feel better about eating something that was 900 calories when you knew it was going to be good?

Again like I stateed earlier why is this so unhealthy because it's not. The problem with Pizza is that people go overboard and eat more than they should of it. Anything that you eat in over abundence is unhealthy.

painted lady
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
also, if you don't want to be tempted by people talking about food in a post, don't read it.

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
:) I love this kid! :)

answer....PIZZA HUT ....fight on dude...fight on

You still haven't given me a reason. Give me a reason why it was unhealthy. I gave my reasons why I thought it wasn't unhealthy.

It's easy to make a statement but try and back it up.

kiramira
07-15-2009, 10:48 PM
:rofl:
You SO can't be serious...later...

Kira

benchmarkman
07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
:rofl:
You SO can't be serious...later...

Kira

This is like trying to argue with 2 year olds. Why Just because but why just because.

Again I state WHY WHY WHY? I've given you my reasons now be adult and give me yours!

painted lady
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
benchmarkman, *high five*. i like you, kid.

we need to get over "bad" food and "good" food. this site concerns me sometimes because emphasis is put on always eating "good" food and only having "bad" food as a treat or as part of a plan. LIFE HAPPENS. sometimes a cheeseburger is part of my life, and that's awesome. i'm absolutely CANNOT and WILL NOT feel guilty every single time i "go off plan" or eat something "bad." screw that.

harrismm
07-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Benchmarkman-ummmm....well.....uh......I guess I am speechless.
Peace, Love and Pizza Hut.

harrismm
07-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Glory87
07-16-2009, 12:01 AM
You still haven't given me a reason. Give me a reason why it was unhealthy. I gave my reasons why I thought it wasn't unhealthy.

First - let me say, everything I'm going to say is about me and my food plan. I am a big believer in personal choice and making the right decision for you. I don't think there is one right answer for everyone - not even close.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/pizza-hut-stuffed-pizza-rolls-entire-order-4-pieces61912.htm

Forget the calories for a second, although 920 is a LOT in my opinion and if I were researching a restaurant entree with 900 calories posted online, I would skip it or pack up half immediately (900 calories for dinner is not a healthy choice for me).

Maybe the pizza rolls are unhealthy because they have 98% of the daily recommended allowance of sodium?
Or a 100% of the daily recommended allowance of saturated fat?
Ranch dipping sauce just makes it worse, btw.

Saying a pizza product is healthy because it has bread, meat, veggies and cheese - that doesn't make any sense to me. A corn dog has bread and meat - is it healthy? An Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion is a vegetable - is it healthy?

I admit to seeing some foods as bad - but let me clarify - bad for ME. My body, my choice of what goes in to it. That being said, of course I have treats and special occasion foods. My treats are more like a glass of red wine (or 2) and chocolate molten lava cake.

In any case, these pizza rolls aren't my thing - I was never a big fan of super bready things. Pizza - sure, pizza rolls? Nah, just not a big pull for me. If I did want to eat them, I would, but I wouldn't try to argue they were healthy foods. If I wanted them, if they fit into my plan, I would eat them anyway (like red wine, like cheesecake, like nachos, or donuts or any of the other treat foods I have eaten since I started maintaining my weight loss).

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to treat foods - but saying these pizza rolls are healthy? In my opinion, no way. I wouldnt consider them a healthy food for me, and they aren't "worth it enough" to me to eat them (like chile dark chocolate gelato ;)).

I think people can be successful by putting some foods off limits and people can also be successful putting no food off limits. Since I do choose not to eat some foods, it is always hurtful when someone implies I am FAILING by not eating some foods. WTF. I have lost 70lbs and have kept it off for 4 years - I am working it, baby. I'm not going to feel guilty about choices I make for me, my weight maintenance and my health.

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:07 AM
.... The problem with Pizza is that people go overboard and eat more than they should of it.

Sorry but is there really TOO MUCH pizza?

Read between the lines...I GAVE YOU MY ANSWER...read between the lines...PIZZA HUT...

This is like trying to argue with 2 year olds. Why Just because but why just because.

Again I state WHY WHY WHY? I've given you my reasons now be adult and give me yours!

Because I said so...go to your room!

Oh that is just so Boston....;)

painted lady
07-16-2009, 12:23 AM
bottom line: the dude should be able to eat some freaking pizza rolls and not feel like he's killing nuns.

they sound good. eat them.

harrismm
07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Kinda reminds me of a patient I saw once new to the cardiac diet.She was devestated that she had to give up all her favorite foods.She kept asking, "Do I really have to not have Taco Johns anymore?" The doctor said , well they are very high in sodium and fat and they do not follow the guidelines of the cardiac diet.Then she asked "What about ice cream and pizza, do I really have to give that up?".This went on and on until he finally said, "Eat whatever you want, Ill will see you back in 3-6 months for occuluded stents, I need the business anyway". and walked out.
Moral of the story-eat what you want.........just dont ask why its not healthy.

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:37 AM
bottom line: the dude should be able to eat some freaking pizza rolls and not feel like he's killing nuns.

The nuns?

Moral of the story-eat what you want.........just dont ask why its not healthy.

Did she come back?

junebug41
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM

Yes, well, I don't think the nuns started flogging him as he was sitting down to eat within the walls of a Pizza Hut or even on a park bench.

He posted a thread soliciting opinions about Pizza Hut pizza rolls on a message board devoted to healthy living and weightloss.

Sure he has balls, but it's also a little odd IMHO.

harrismm
07-16-2009, 12:40 AM
My guess would be....YES SIR!! Could have been her unwillingness to give up the food choices that got her there to begin with.
Old habits die hard, thats for sure!
Not complaining though, job security for me.

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Not complaining though, job security for me.

Well here in LA-LA land we throw a funeral and thousands come....:)

harrismm
07-16-2009, 12:44 AM
..........yeah, I read somethin' bout that........

painted lady
07-16-2009, 12:48 AM
people shouldn't feel guilty for asking if something is tasty. and he stated in the original post that he didn't want people warning him off of them. he just wanted to know if they are good.

and yes, nuns are pretty delicious.

junebug41
07-16-2009, 12:50 AM
people shouldn't feel guilty for asking if something is tasty. and he stated in the original post that he didn't want people warning him off of them. he just wanted to know if they are good.

and yes, nuns are pretty delicious.

And I guess we would be the ones to know? A group of people who are collectively trying to avoid stuff like that?

I still don't understand. Explain it to me.

Yeah, I guess it seemed harmless enough.

painted lady
07-16-2009, 12:52 AM
and this is basically the same point i was trying to make in the Twilight thread: i don't care what you eat, as long as you have a healthy relationship with food (i.e., don't eat too much, don't eat too little, think positively about your eating habits). i don't care what you read, as long as you do it (i.e., read bodice-rippers for all i care).

i spent too much time worrying that every bite i ate had to be accounted for and plotted and mapped that i wasn't actually enjoying food. that sucked.

painted lady
07-16-2009, 12:53 AM
ARE we collectively trying to avoid that stuff? i'm not avoiding it, i just don't eat it every day.

junebug41
07-16-2009, 12:54 AM
i spent too much time worrying that every bite i ate had to be accounted for and plotted and mapped that i wasn't actually enjoying food. that sucked.

Wait.

What?

Didn't he map out and account for and PLOT eating the pizza rolls???

This thread is making my head spin. You all have a nice night :)

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
I think the kid is on his way to being a profitable telemarketer!

harrismm
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.phoood.com/

Benchmarkman-You might be able to find what you are looking for here.Check it out and good luck.

harrismm
07-16-2009, 01:03 AM
http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/188680/t/Pizza-Hut-Pizza-Rolls-How-Are-They-.html

.....or here!!!Give google a try!!!Great info!

painted lady
07-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Wait.

What?

Didn't he map out and account for and PLOT eating the pizza rolls???

This thread is making my head spin. You all have a nice night :)

um, i was talking about how my personal eating obsession was turning into anorexia/exercise bulimia. i'm just saying that eating the occasional pizza roll isn't going to make you gain 100 pounds. and we can say that greasy, delicious foods are delicious without gaining weight. what a concept!

he wasn't saying that he's starting a pizza roll only diet and "isn't that a great idea?" he was saying, "i was thinking about eating these. are they a thing one would want to put in one's mouth?"

benchmarkman
07-16-2009, 07:00 AM
First I'd like to say 920 is not that high for me since my daily intake should be around 2400.

Second I never said pizza was "healthy". Said is that it's not UNHEALTHY in moderation.

Third yes the sodium may be hight but are you trying to tell me 1 day a month going over on my sodium is going to kill me. You compare me to a heart patient whose life depends on giving up foods like this. Let's compare apples to apples.

Fourth, I've lost 80lbs and kept it off for 7 years and I've never gained a single poung back. I've actually continued to lose. I think I know what it takes to be succcessful.

Last, I'm done with this thread because it seems like some of you are just here to scold others and put them down instead of support them. Waving your finger at someone when the indulge once is not helpful.

Fat Chick B Gone
07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Dude, go elsewhere for your validation. Bottom line, they're unhealthy. If you want to go try them and see if they're good then go ahead, your body not mine. Are they good? Well to me any crap from a chain restaurant that serves "phood' isn't worth it - diet or not. Go to a nice restaurant, get a real meal or cook something you normally wouldn't at home. You know, something that uses actual ingredients and not overproccessed foods, chemicals, preservatives, etc.
Great you've lost weight, I'm happy for you but as you can clearly see there are numerous people still struggling on here and your post is bothersome and well quite frankly annoying to almost all so why continue? You must know the struggle it can be to lose weight so why make it harder for others on a healthy DIET and WEIGHT LOSS board?