Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Will you guys yell at me please??!

I'm in serious need of some pushing. I've been 20 lbs away from goal for 6-7 months!!! Why can't I just get my butt in gear and finish this final stretch!??

It's not like my body has stopped losing weight as easily as it once did, it's that I don't care that much anymore. I'm not strict on myself, I don't exercise nearly as much... I just don't have that inner drive that I once had. And that is what you need to lose weight, YOU have to want it. I of course feel that I want it, but I feel lazy.. like, eh, it's so close, don't rush, who cares..... I can lose weight anytime, give me more time of fun and eating... OMG what if this is how people gain back ALL their weight? I would be crushed.

Please please help me. Any words, advice, cursing, will do.
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Girl, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR YOU TO STILL NEED TO LOSE 20 LBS AFTER 6-7 MONTHS. You better get your butt motivated or YOU WILL ALWAYS need to lose those last 20 lbs. Get em off now and keep em off. Do it for you!!!

WHAT KIND OF RUNNER gives up 2 feet from the finish line????

there I yelled at ya. You have accomplished so much really, your maintenance at the weight you want will not be too much different from the maintenance now.

Just give it an extra push--and bring her on in.

Inspire me!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #3  
Baby Stepping Along

Well, I'm really not much of the yelling type so I'll leave the tough love to others. Sometimes it's just a matter of putting some small steps in place so that you can get back in the groove. Think about what 3-5 things that maybe you've let slip but feel like they'd be pretty easy to pick back up. Maybe an indulgence you could give up for the next x length of time, maybe setting an exercise goal that is just a bit more than you have been doing (see the chicks up for a challenge area for any number you could join) , maybe planning a menu for the next week. Whatever you are slipping on that doesn't feel like Mt. Everest. Commit to doing those things for the next month. That's all. You don't have to commit to doing them until you are at your goal weight. Just the next 4 weeks. When you get to the end of the month, you'll probably feel like, well, I'll just keep going OR you'll be fighting it tooth and nail and maybe that will mean this isn't the time in your life to make the last 20 lbs. disapear. You'll know then but for now, just start doing a few right things. Never hurts to be a bit healthier right?

You can do this and you can definitely avoid gaining all the weight back. You have a solid group of skills to fall back on and you just need to sort out a little bump in the road.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  
i'm on my way

S/C/G: 143/136/125

Height: 5'5

you've gotten so far!!! don't let this slip from you.

this is how i started to regain my weight. i graduated from college and lived it up for a month! eating out everyday while not watching the calories and then drinking every night..but i kept thinking i couldn't gain that much in so little time and if i did, i could lose it quickly. well, eh, 10 pounds definitely crept up and i've been trying to lose that for well over a month.

YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! YOU GOT THIS! KEEP GOING!
sleepandfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Well honey....I'd yell at you, but I just read your thread in the chicks in control forum where you talked about your planned binge, and all the high calorie stuff you ate and how good and fun it was and how you don't think you are ready to give it up...SO, I think you know WHY you are not getting to goal, and it seems to me there is a reason you are sabotaging yourself. As long as you keep binging, you'll never have to start maintaince...which is a scary step for us chicks who have never been able to maintain for more than a few months.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/230/150

Height: 5'6

Maybe a new type of exercise? It could be boredom Go shopping for clothing? That always speaks volumes to me... If you are sabotaging, you may want to take time to ask yourself why. I have done that too in the past and am trying to be sure I don't this time...so, I understand. Good luck and be inspired by your progress up to this point.
rsb0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I'm not going to yell at you. Heck, you've maintained a huge weight loss for the last 6 or 7 months, and are currently at a healthy weight.

All I gotta say is this -- Do you really, really, and I mean REALLY want to get to your goal? I mean, REALLY. Cause if you DO, missy, it's time to poop or get off the pot, so to speak. And if you DON'T, that's perfectly OK. Noone can berate you into doing this. You've had more than enough time to work through your diet fatigue. So you just gotta ask yourself: WHAT IS MY GOAL WEIGHT? And go for it. And if this IS it, then it is what it is. And if it ISN'T, then do something about it. Simple...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeningf View Post
I of course feel that I want it, but I feel lazy.. like, eh, it's so close, don't rush, who cares..... I can lose weight anytime, give me more time of fun and eating... OMG what if this is how people gain back ALL their weight? I would be crushed.

I can't speak for other people, but it's sure how I gained back 30+ pounds several years ago. I got to feeling good, looking good, and decided that I would go into maintainance mode for awhile. And I did maintain....for awhile. But one thing led to another, then I couldn't fit into my jeans, then I just stopped caring, then.....I was fat again.

So yelling probably won't help. As someone said in another thread, it's time to pull on our big girl panties and take responsibility for our actions. You've done great with your weight loss, and maybe the weigh you are now IS where you want to be. If that's true, then that's totally cool but it doesn't sound like it to me. I guess you just need to decide what it is you want, and then have your actions reflect that choice. It's up to you. Good luck!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I've grappled with this too. Exactly the feelings you described. It contributed to a 30 pound weight gain. I am (hopefullY!) back on track again, but I had to get fed up enough to get back in the groove...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I know! i just don't have that drive anymore.. It's like I'm digging to find it. I know this is bad, but during my weight loss of 60+ lbs I had plenty of planned binges too. I was so strict on myself but would have a binge day once a month. Now it's eating maybe around 2000 - 2500 cals a day and not caring much about carbs, and then having binge days, maybe twice a month!

I need to focus, I need to live healthier, stop struggling.

Thanks guys!
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #11  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

I hear ya! I'm back here because this weekend, I hit the +10 lb over my goal weight mark. DANGER DANGER! I'm supposed to be going DOWN, not up! I've been not caring, too, and that's the big problem. Well, I'm back and I'm going to get down to 140 like I dreamed. That's 15 lb from where I am today. I'm in if you're in!

Last edited by maalisse; 07-14-2009 at 06:58 PM.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote