General chatter - sparkpeople.com

View Full Version : sparkpeople.com

blueenough
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Anyone know anything about the legitimacy of this site? Any recommendations for a good diet diary site?

crcossel
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
legitimacy?? What does that mean? I've been a member for a year. The best free site I've found.

Candice

mortonpixie
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
The calorie counts are accurate, the advice is professional and researched and the boards are very helpful. Great sight - they have a sister sight that I have been a member of for years called babyfit.com. It's specifically for pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Rosinante
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
for diary support, sparkpeople every time for me.
for human support, 3fc every every time!

beerab
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I love it go there all the time- and if there are foods you have not listed you can always enter the data yourself :)

blueenough
07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone! I feel safe to dive in now. :) Ailidh, I'm with you now. Sparkpeople can be my diary, but 3FC will be my teammates!

crcossel... legitimacy is "the quality or state of being legitimate". (Webster's)
What I meant was is the site legitimate? Is it lawful? Do they abide by moral codes and standards. Are they who they say they are????? ;)

Ruthxxx
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
It is one of the few sites that is allowed by the 3FC censor. We don't do link-o-suction on it as we do on most others as in ****************ing.

seagirl
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
It is one of the few sites that is allowed by the 3FC censor. We don't do link-o-suction on it as we do on most others as in ****************ing.

now I want to know what I'm missing!

I love sparkpeople. I have their app on my iphone and they are on twitter and if you ask them something they answer you, which not all companies do.