Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default No Excuses! Maintainers Food and Exercise Accountability, 7/13 - 7/19

Setting us up for next week after a very productive weekend!

Well, we already get our groceries from several stops...and the last thing we need is ANOTHER...but we found a farmers market today which not only rivaled our produce stand for price (which never happens), but which had some of the most amazing fruit I've ever tasted. Seriously. We found grapes, a variety of stone fruits (peaches, pluots, nectarines...)...both for $1 a pound! And we've sampled a peach, a pluot, blackberries (2 strawberry-size baskets for $5) and some grapes...and they're all some of the best we've had. Every piece of fruit incredible. We're in awe. Veggie prices are comparable to our produce stand, but it's cheaper on fruit (and the fruit is so much better). So now our Sunday morning schedule might be a bit more crowded. It's 20 minutes away, but it's close to our nearest Trader Joes, and we're devoted to good food (particularly after sampling the grapes. Oh, the grapes!) so we'll work it out at least a few Sundays a month.

Sorry for the waxing poetic on produce, but you should have seen it! We have bags and bags of assorted squashes, wax beans, green beans, purple bell peppers, lemon cucumbers....drool. And so much left to try! Just have to avoid the cheese, croissants, nuts...well, you get the idea.

OK, done. Planning for an OP tomorrow:

B - Egg whites w/ veggies (a little squash, a little bell pepper), toasted mini bagel
S - Frozen Grapes
L - Leftovers - the breast/wing quarter (deskinned) of a roasted garlic lemon chicken, sweet potato fries with a little ketchup, roasted asparagus
S - Greek yogurt with ambrosial blackberries
S - Popcorn
D - Giant salad - Grilled chicken, grilled veggies (squash, bell pepper, onion, asparagus), carrot, lemon cucumbers, on amazing organic greens, with some light Lemon Tarragon dressing.
S - NSA Ice Cream with more ambrosial blackberries

E - 80 min cardio.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Amanda, the farmer's market sounds great! I have to make an extra trip to the grocery store today. DH went to the farmer's market while I was out of town, but all he bought was apples, raspberries, green beans, and a canteloupe, which is nowhere near enough food to feed us for a week! I'll cut him some slack though -- he had intended to go to the grocery store yesterday before picking me up from the airport. What happened was that there was a tree that fell down across one of the jogging paths in our neighborhood and he was tired of it just sitting there, so he decided to go cut it up himself -- with the little saw he has for pruning trees. He actually cut up most of the tree, but then he lost the nut that held the blade onto the saw, then slipped and fell on his butt on a log. So he was a little too sore and tired to go shopping!

Monday:
B - raisin bran, blueberries, raspberries, skim milk
S - plum
L - spaghetti with tomato sauce
S - apple, blueberries/raspberries/lf yogurt
D - italian bread, rotisserie chicken leg and thigh (pulled off 90% of the skin), green beans
S - half canteloupe
E - didn't have time since I had to go to the grocery store

Last edited by paperclippy; 07-14-2009 at 01:19 PM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #3  
No description available.

Sounds lovely, Amanda. I too love awesome produce!

Well, I overdid it at some point this weekend and my lower back has been very very sore. Just feels like muscle soreness so I am not overly concerned but I took yesterday as a rest day and I chose to not run this morning. I am scheduled for an hour of weightlifting tonight and I think I will go, but I will keep it reasonable.

The kids are out of town so DH and I have gone out to dinner the last two nights. Even though I made reasonable choices, the scale is back up this morning. I know I did not consume that many calories over maintenance.....back to basics today.

kashi, blackberries, skim, protein shake
greek yogurt, blackberries
salad with protein and carbs in some fashion
protein shake, fruit (probably)
dinner???/
1 hr weights
protein shake
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
Workin' It

I'm jealous of the produce, Amanda! I just learned that there is a farmer's market near me, have to check it out. So, what is a pluot?

Again, the weekend killed me. Rational and reasonable food choices all day both days, until the evening when I ate too much dessert. Restaurant dessert Saturday, Pilsbury Ready To Bake cookies Sunday... So I'm back up again too.

Today:
E: one of the circuits from stumptuous.com and some cardio while I wait for the guy this afternoon. They have to do some more diagnostic work before the planned repair on Wednesday.
B: kashi go lean in 2% milk, canned chicken
S:
L: grilled chicken salad
S: yogurt, blueberries, raspberries
D: either sandwiches or the turkey sausage and rice I've put off for three days
S: skinny cow, or nothing.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

Shannon, a pluot is a hybrid plum/apricot....it's more plum-like than apricot-like in structure, but tastes just a bit like an apricot. Soooo gooood.

Jessica - that happens when DW goes grocery shopping too...she comes home with a random grouping of things, not nearly enough. Oh well! Every bit helps, right?

Midwife - sodium, sodium, sodium. Push the water and take it easy on your back!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

A nice OP end to the weekend. I love it. DH picked 6 quarts of strawberries over the weekend, so we'll have them all winter - there's more coming!

B - cheerios with walnuts, strawberries, skim milk; 1/2 ww bagel with pb;
S - HB egg; rainier cherries
L - large salad with turkey
S - cottage chees with blueberries
D - Grilled chicken, spaghetti squash, peas or broccoli or spinach

Ex: LBWO - done!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hallo!

got my run in today
balance bar
3 hard boiled eggs
6 oz salmon (probly, I am eyeballing)

I'll be back (think Arnold )

ETA.... i am back

dinner
2 boca burgers with laughing cow cheese and salsa
100ish cals of humus
100ish cals lobster spread

total according to daily plate 1388(ish )

Last edited by kittycat40; 07-13-2009 at 06:45 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #8  

Today:
2 mile run (trying to take it easy)
kashi with skim, blackberries, protein shake
greek yogurt, berrries
shrimp, zucchini
sourdough bread with some brie, tomatoes
dinner?
try for 1 hr at the gym. The kids come back from camp today so I might decide to not leave tonight.

My big challenge today will be a birthday lunch for one of my coworkers. We all contribute $$ for an ordered-in lunch and a gift and someone brings a cake. I start getting into a little head game about, "Well, I helped pay for the lunch, I should eat some" even when the food I brought is far more satisfying and healthy. And then the cake will be tempting, not so much at lunch, but later in the afternoon. So the sourdough bread/brie is not a usual afternoon snack choice for me, but I think it will hit the carb/fat zone for me to help me avoid the cake.

The cake is NOT an option. If I am tempted I will check in here before I eat some.

Last edited by midwife; 07-14-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #9  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Midwife, sounds like you have a very well thought out plan

4 mile run and 4 mike walk done
.5 balance bar- unexpectedly shared
3oz. ham slices wrapped around cheese stick
?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

Midwife - you paid for the ingredients you used to bring the lunch you brought from home, too. Since you're already paid for both, eat the more satisfying, on plan one...otherwise, you're wasting what you bought AND wasting extra calories from the ordered-in food. Stick to your plan!

Planning for today:

B - Egg whites, veggies, toasted mini bagel
S - Frozen Grapes
L - Giant grilled chicken and veggie salad (with these fabulous market purple bell peppers that turn green when grilled, homegrown tomatoes, grilled squash, organic carrots, a big pile of amazing organic farmers market lettuce...drooool....I told you I was in love!)
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt, blackberries
D - Grilled chicken skewer, 8-ball squash stuffed with squash innards, chopped tomato, garlic, basil, WW couscous, and a little mozzarella, sauteed yellow wax beans.
S - NSA Ice Cream, Blackberries

E - 60 min cardio, 60 min strength
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #11  
slow and steady

Tuesday:
B - Fiber one caramel somethingorother cereal, blueberries, raspberries, skim milk
S - italian bread
L - leftover vinaigrette potato salad, mix of a little pasta, a little chicken, a lot of frozen veggies, and pasta sauce
S - banana, nectarine, hershey's toffee nugget
S - ww pita bread
D - soba noodles with chicken and veggies (cooking light recipe)
S - cherries
E - NRLW S2W2A, doggie bootcamp

Last edited by paperclippy; 07-15-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #12  
Workin' It

Midwife - be strong and avoid the cake! I gave in to the cake in my life a few weeks ago and am still paying for it!

Amanda - still so jealous of your veggies...

Yesterday was OP - no bad for me snacks or anything. I did have a peanut butter, yogurt, lite chocolate syrup, milk & protein powder smoothie as my evening snack but I was low on calories and protein, so seemed like a good solution. And, yummy enough to keep me away from the leftover chocolate chip cookies!

Today:
E: circuit A from 'all dumbbells, all the time' on stumptuous.com, elliptical - already done
B: smoothie, coffee
S: string cheese
L: turkey sandwich
S: yogurt, kashi go lean with skim milk
D: pb&j, apple with laughing cow
S: protein chocolate milk

I just looked at my TDP numbers and I have eaten 150% or greater of my daily sodium for the last three days, and am on track to do so again today. Wow, sandwich meat will kill your sodium levels! No wonder I feel all squishy today.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #13  
Working My Way Back Down

A good week shaping up, though I'm dinner out with GF's tomorrow night. I changed last night's dinner to 2 oz of whole grain pasta, with grilled chicken, grilled yellow squash, sauteed portabello mushrooms and onions, all stirred together. Yummy, and very filling.

B - cheerios with walnuts, skim milk; few cherries (all gone now ); 1/2 ww bagel with pb;
S - iced ff latte; cantalope; sliced turkey
L - turkey sandwich, grapes
S - cottage cheese and blueberries
D - spaghetti squash with homemade sauce

Ex: cardio done this morning, with a dead iPod - grrrrr - forced to watch ESPN or the supreme court hearings or die of boredom (ESPN won).
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #14  

Thanks for the support, guys! It was helpful! Yesterday was POP.

Today:
skipped my run, still taking it easy on my back, although it is way better, not yet 100% though.
kashi with skim, protein shake
greek yogurt, peach
spinach, bell pepper, tuna, beans, herbed chevre
bell pepper strips, turkey
dinner TBD
1 hr weights
Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #15  
slow and steady

Wednesday:
B - raisin bran, strawberries, skim milk, one cherry tomato
S - apple, plum
L - soba noodles w/chicken and veg
S - nectarine, raspberries/blueberries/lf yogurt
D - breaded baked turkey, broccoli, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce
S - slice of ww bread with little bit of margarine and low-sugar jelly
E - none

Last edited by paperclippy; 07-16-2009 at 11:17 AM.