Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink I'm scale "obsessed"

Seriously. I'm not obsessed anymore in that I let it control my mood (mostly) or dictate whether my day will be "bad" or "good." I don't let a drop in the scale tell me I can eat more or a jump tell me that I can't eat at all. I know there are "fluctuations" and I deal with those...

But I've learned a nifty little trick. Right after my last snack and last water of the day (around 9pm) I weigh almost exactly 5 pounds heavier than that morning. My weight drops through the evening as I pee and whatnot and by bedtime I am down down down. Now I take that Just before bed weight (and this is around 12:30) and subtract 2 pounds. Because I ALWAYS weight AT LEAST two pounds less the next morning! ALWAYS. It's failproof! Sometimes it's more... up to 3 pounds.

So I can tell the night before whether the scale will drop the next morning or not.

Example: Yesterday morning I weighed 246
Last night after dinner I was 250.8
Before bed (12:30) I was 247.4
This morning I was 245.4

So SOMETIMES there is an advantage stepping on the scale a billion times a day. I know my body inside and out and therefore I can ALWAYS tell when it's a sodium jump, a dehydration jump or a true weight jump (never happened yet... but it could I suppose if I were to go off plan.)

Cool huh!

Wanted to share
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Heh, I know what you mean! I don't let the scale dictate my mood anymore, but I've definitely been there before. Am I obsessed? I like to think not, because I only weigh in the morning. But right after I go potty, I weigh myself and I'm always just a little bit excited, because maybe TODAY is the day that it will really go down for sure. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't but I love logging my daily weight and seeing that yes, in fact, it IS going down even though it might not always seem like it. Wooo hoooo!!!!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #3  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

YOUR NOT ALONE GIRL~LOL~ I do the exact same thing Cfmama! ~NO LIE~
I always get on the scale At night after I eat /drink ect. And know if I will have results for the next day....I am obsessed too!!
I think it's cool too.It does let ya know what you will weigh in the morning.
P.S. I think I am gonna get a drop again 2morrow ~HEHEHE~YEEHAW
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think that really knowing your body and tracking what it does by the scale is great. Of course, as long as this obsession is healthy and doesn't throw you into a depression or binge. I have started weighing every morning and I think I just might start every night before bed. It would be cool to know what my body will do like you know yours so well, cfmama.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

The bottom line is - it works for you! Boy, does it work for you.

I'm still not at a place where I can cope with seeing daily fluctuations. Also, if I see a good result on a day by day basis, it actually makes me slack off that day, because I feel like I've got room for manoeuvre before my weekly logging. My brain has a long way to go yet!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Yup. Me too.

My official story is that I weigh ever day in the morning..... except that I often step on the scales the evening.....purely as an indicator so I'm not surprised the next morning....it's not really twice a day.....that would be obsessive, and I'm not obsessed.....I can stop any time I want.....probably.....just one more day ok....nooooo....don't take my scales....I promise I'll be good....

Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

glad Im not the only one who cant stay off the thing!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I weigh every am, nudie and every pm just before bed in my pajamas/sweats. The scale is at least 2 to 3 pounds lower in the am. Yup.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Hee hee...I do the same thing. (Not the after dinner thing but morning and before bed.) I agree...I am happy knowing my body this well...and to know that I'll see a loss in the morn is actually encouraging for me. I have had a couple of occassions where I've gone off plan (for example last Wednesday I went to a Thai cooking class...coconut milk is NOT good for the diet!! LOL...and I gained 2.5!! I have been watching everyday since and I'm not even back to my original date (but I'm close) and I think I'll be there tomorrow. It will have taken a whole WEEK to recover from that night!! BUT it makes it easier to make the choice to stay on plan the next time a cool temptation comes along...I weigh my options (Bwahahahahaha...no pun intended)!!!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I am considering just carrying my scale around in a tote bag! hehe!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #11  

I weigh every morning. If I miss a day or so I'm okay. If I see the numbers fluctuate, it helps me keep track of what I'm doing on any given day.

I'd like to think I'm not addicted. However, as my Philadelphia trip approaches, I'm wondering if there is a scale in the hotels gym. If they do, I guess I won't be able to weigh naked as I normally do.

I don't plan to pack one at this point but I may call the hotel. I'd hate to pack one.

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-14-2009 at 08:52 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I can't weigh every day like that. I am OCD when it comes to scales and then I let it dictate my day. Now I just get on it every few weeks.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote