Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

Default my new scale

Ok, so I JUST bought a scale. As with any new "toy" I've been playing with it non stop. Last Thursday when I went to the doctor I weighed 188.5. When I brought the scale home last night it said 188.7 this am it said 186.2 now out of the shower it says 184.2! What's going on? I know I'm not supposed to weigh all day everyday but I'm curious. I've never had a scale and really just relied on my dads mailing scale.....?nd when are you actually supposed to weigh in?
Brandy
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #2  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

The best time is in the morning before breakfast (and if you want the lowest number after you've... taken care of business ). I just got a new scale today too! I've been using an nondigital one, I'm pretty sure it was weighing me light... but I hope not too light. Fingers crossed.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Weigh the same time every day under the same conditions. Your lowest weight will be first thing in morning, after bathroom break, no water, no breakfast and nude. Do this everyday at the same time and you will have an accurate account of your weight. Do NOT weigh three or four times a day, you will confuse yourself .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #4  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Even if your scale isn't 100% accurate, it will tell you how much you gain/lose. Just be consistent (same time/same clothes or lack thereof) everyday.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #5  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

I don't trust the home scales at all. I weigh myself one official day at the gym every week, and every time I use my friends "biggest loser" scale MAYBE an hour later I end up weighing like 5 pounds less.
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote