Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #1  
Long Time Dieter

S/C/G: 196/172/139

Height: 5' 6"

Question Long time dieter - stuck!

I've been dieting most of my adult life. Not fad diets...I only call it dieting because I honestly can't say that even after all this effort that healthy eating is a lifestyle for me. It is so easy to fall into bad habits. I lost 40 pounds with WW - started 5 years ago and have gained almost half of it back. I don't want to continue this and really would like to get back to where I was or lower. But I can't seem to face starting WW again. Any ideas?
Jody
JodyOdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jody and welcome to 3FC.

Here's the Diet central http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#diet-central. You can give that a look through and see if anything interests you, if you want. Lots of good ideas and tips .

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 122/109/108

Height: 5 ft 4

Oregon! My home state. :-)

I honestly believe it's all about calories in vs calories out. How you accomplish that is up to you... I finally had to start measuring portions, weighing things like cheese, etc to get a grip on what a real portion is. Once I did that and added back the exercise my body was used to, I dropped the weight.

I recommend tracking your food on one of the sites like SparksPeople or FitDay. It can be a real eye opener as to what you are really eating... and I think most people aren't totally honest with themselves.

Best of luck!
busybeingfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #4  

Its a lot more than just calories in and calories out. If you don't eat the proper foods your body needs you can stop your weight loss. You always need to exercise, 1 hour a day for health, 1 hour 30 minutes for weight loss. A food scale is a must. I lost 200 pounds 35 years ago and I'm still weighing and measuring and I eat very healthy - not prepackaged, prepared foods, little sodium, plenty of protein.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote