Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  

Default Also new, my hubby joined the other day.

My name is Kristin and my hubby is Neocytegb1. I'm trying to make healthy changes right along with him. I too quit drinking beer and I'm desperately trying to chuck the soda habit. I'm having a hard time with that one. I get the caffeine and sugar withdrawal headaches and last night into today I've had the chills so bad I could hardly move. I caved and went and bought some pop. The chills are gone but now I feel like I let Greg down. Anyway. I'd also like to lose about 100 pounds. I want to be able to take my kids to the waterpark next summer and not be embarrassed to put on a suit. Like with him I'm trying to just make smarter choices with what I eat. I just wanted to say hi and not be a lurker.

Kristin
Jade76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kristin and welcome to 3FC!

Ya'll have come to the best site for advice, tips, support and motivation.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I also gave up soda right quick. I suffer from migraines on a regular basis and giving up soda cold turkey just about killed me from headaches. I was taking pain killers every day. It took about 2 full weeks for me to be able to stop taking pain killer and for my headaches to stop. I am now 3 months clean from soda! Horray! I would say just take it easy and if you're feeling horrible, maybe try taking it down to one of those mini cans of soda and see how that feels. Best of luck on your journey!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

So glad you joined us! My DH traveled this journey with me too (he lost about 60 lbs). It is SOOOO much nicer when you can do this together!

Post often, it really does help!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote