Old 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Just joining in for the support

I just ordered a week's worth of Medifast products online. I've done Optifast in the past, but I really don't want to have to go into an office and listen to a spiel and all the "way to go!" hype again. I'm doing this on my own. I have my own support system in place for general wellness goals, but I'd like to join in on this group so I can have a place to discuss issues that arise.

When I did Optifast, I lost 40 lbs, then gained it all back plus more. I don't care to repeat that. I'm a different person since then and I do know what I'm doing now (I hope). I normally eat clean, unprocessed foods. But my issue is that I'm a type 2 diabetic (not on meds - just managing with diet and exercise), I may have PCOS, I'm 48 and unless I eat less than 1700 calories/day, I don't lose weight. I'm a big woman, and if I start the day eating, I can't seem to stop. My appetite is constantly nagging at me. I'd just like to be able to step away from the food for a time.

I haven't decided if I want to use Medifast to lose all the weight. But I'd really like to break past 300 lbs. I've been stuck between 308 and 318 for more than a year now. I want to move on! I'd like to stay on Medifast to lose the next 10%, which would put me around 285 lbs.

I actually already have some whey isolate product at home and I'm going to be using that until the Medifast stuff gets here. I've got one trip to manage this weekend, and there's sure to be socializing and wine. I think I can manage that too. There's not much in the house that will be tempting, so here goes!

Looking forward to getting to know you experts.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #2  
Operator265

Good luck, Georgia. I do my losses 20 lbs at a time. I'm just starting again to shoot for 150-55. I've seen you around so I'm sure you know how to eat. I don't gain while on sabbatical due to proper eating and exercise, so I know you can too.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

That system makes good sense to me, Op. How long do your "sabbaticals" last?

Georgia
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  
Operator265

3 or 4 months. Depends on how I feel. I don't want to lose the weight only to have everything start sagging and drooping. I think I'm really gonna dive in next week.

This week we had my oldest and my birthday and the X came over, so everything got screwed up. But, I had him get two tennis rackets and I found some public courts within good walking distance. I also got the Ten Minute Trainer DVDs and some ankle and wrist weights. I've been wearing the ankle weights anytime I know I'll be walking a lot, like when we would go shopping for the oldest. I'm not really losing many lbs right now, but, according to the X, the kids and a couple of folks around, I'm really tightening up.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

After I lost my first 10% I noticed a substantial amount of sagging. That freaked me out somewhat. While I'm still quite jiggly allover, I recently noticed that my forearms are firming a little, as has the skin under my chin(s). That's promising.

I was consistently weight training for some time, so I do feel stronger overall. But I'm in a big life transition right now (just moved back to the US, getting divorced, caring for aging and ailing parents, I have two teenage sons to raise on my own, I'm in school and I'm looking for a job). I'm overwhelmed with the longest daily to-do list I've ever encountered and exercise seems to be what gets cut first. I try to get on the elliptical if I even think about sitting to watch TV. Some days I really do need to just sit and do nothing!

If I could afford a personal assistant, then I could exercise.

Georgia
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #6  
We've only just begun....

S/C/G: 314/306/145

Height: 5'6"

That sabbatical thing is a great idea. Since I have so much to lose, I am afraid I will be all saggy and droopy when I get there! Maybe if I do a sabbatical every 20-25 lbs to let everything catch up? It would be good practice for maintenance, too!
BLMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

my sis has lost 150lbs and she definately has the sagging, but she says it is so much better than the alternative. you can tuck skin in. lol i don't worry about it. one battle at a time.
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote