Weight Loss Support - How does your weight vary before/during that TOM?

kestrel
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
OK ladies, fill me in!

I went without a period for almost a year after the birth of my youngest child, thanks to breastfeeding, but now that reprieve is at an end. My previous weight loss efforts had never lasted long enough for me to see how my weight varied throughout the month :o so this is new territory for me.

Do you tend to weigh a little more the week before? The week of? How does your monthly cycle affect your weight?

mandalinn82
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I think everyone is a little different on this regard. I tend to gain the day before, which holds on the entire time, then drops off in the 2-3 days afterward. Other people gain before, and then drop when TOM actually starts. You'll adjust to your pattern in a couple of months, no worries.

booskibabe
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM
My cycles have recently resumed since having my baby also. :) I've found that I gain a couple pounds right before TOM starts, then lose during and after. My biggest loss last month was right after TOM finished.

kestrel
07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks ladies! :) I think I gained a little the week before, and now it's dropped back a bit. (Makes me feel better that my vacation weight gain wasn't quite as bad as I thought!)

Moralia
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I usually stall, then drop 2-3lbs right after... Works for me! ;)

Devsmama
07-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I usually gain about 5lbs and then it drops right off.

Madison
07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I had an 11lb "gain" this month which dropped off 4 days into TOM. I tell ya . . . if I hadnt had hold of my senses this month it could have ended badly!!!!!!!!!! :D