Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Smile 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thurs 07/09

Mornin' ladies!

It's a beautiful day here! The sun is shining and it's supposed to be hot today....

I'm just sitting here at my desk...eating my yogurt and granola mixture and enjoying my morning so far...

How's everybody doing?? It's almost the weekend!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thursday

Doing pretty good here! Took a little mid-week sneak peek at the scale this morning, and it's down a .6. Monday will be one month since I got serious and time to take my measurements - hope to see a bigger change there than the scale has shown!

It's going to be pretty hot here today. Good thing - we need to stay in and finish the schooling we didn't get to yesterday. The kids were just NOT into it yesterday. We had tears over subjects/predicates and blowouts over showing work in addition.

Oh well, today is a new day...the coffees brewing and I'm going to have a better day.

Lunch is Peanut Butter and Jellys and supper is leftover Shepheard's Pie. Plan to workout during nap time.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 07-09-2009 at 09:12 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I was pretty miserable this AM, but now that the drugs have kicked in, the headache is subsiding. Kind of overcast here, sun is in and out. Supposed to hit just 79 here.

I haven't stepped on the scale since Monday. Hoping it's down, since the hag is here making me miserable!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

pixie, do you homeschool, or are you a teacher?

This morning I said the big "g'bye" to the MIL. I have one day to eat clean and see if I can squeeze out a fraction of a pound of a loss before my weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm fairly sure I maintained, and I think I actually probably did lose a tad, but all the dinners out just made me retain everything. And although I don't care about salt for any health-related reasons, I do care about it for weigh-in reasons!

I have a nice simple menu planned for today. Low in fat and high in fiber. Lots of fruit. Lean chicken. Some rice. I'll get ALL my water in and then some. I'll try to be done eating by 9 pm. And maybe I'll see a 209-something number tomorrow morning. I saw a 209.6 one morning this week, so I know it's there somewhere! Plus I've been leaving work a little early every day to get home to do things with the MIL so I've been unable to justify my lunchtime walk. Today, though, I'll get to go on my walk again! Yippie!

I've already started accumulating the junk food that she left with us so that I can bring it in to work tomorrow to get it out of the house. Even the hubby is looking forward to getting back to our normal menus. He's been really, um, *irregular* this week and he feels like crap. (Pun intended )
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Rebound - Congrats on surviving the MIL!!!

Mortonpixie - Hang in there with the schooling. I teach HS English and I always start the year off with review or a fun project that sneaks the learning in so that they think it's fun. After I have them thinking it's fun or easy then I hit them with hard stuff. It's frustrating though.

Yesterday I stayed within my calorie range and I walked 3 miles instead of run, but I ate a big dinner (it was gooooood). So, this morning the pound that I thought was lost found me again. I am getting so frustrated with this last 10 pounds and I am beginning to think that it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe I should just make this my goal weight. I feel amazing after losing 40+ pounds, but I really wanted to be able to accomplish my original goal. This is really hard. And I worry that 130 may too low for me and if I do get there I will just gain it back. My body loves 142! Me, not so much.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

rileyozzie, I'll bet you anything that your extra pound this morning was just due to volume and a little extra water from your big dinner. I'm certain that it will be gone by tomorrow morning -- and maybe take some of its friends alaong with it!

Since you're so close to goal and you feel so good, have you considered practicing maintaining for a while? You don't have to say you're at "goal" if you don't want to, but what if you spent the next month learning how to eat at 140 pounds? I'll be that if you upped your calories and ate at a maintaining level for a month and then decided that you DID want to go lower, you'd start losing again right away as soon as you went back into "lose" mode.

Just something to think about!

Last edited by Rebound; 07-09-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Rebound - homeschool...lots of advantages, but sometimes it's crazy!! Ack! btw - great resolve with your MIL there. If I were eating out all the time, no way I would maintain! GO YOU!

rileyozzy - thanks for the encouragement! Also, my goal weight on "the charts" has always been to low for me. Goal for me was 150 not the 115-135 on those charts. At that weight I was wearing a size 8 and running about 20 miles/wk. I agree with Rebound that you might toy with making 142 your maintenance weight.

Well, I think I'm going to rest and read during the little kids' nap time today. The big kids do their independent reading and I usually try to get on the treadmill. I'm just worn out today so probably better chill. If I feel better when DH gets home I'll do some walking after the kids go to bed.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #8  

Hello all!

Lacking sleep but pushing through. I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I had to take my daughter to summer school this morning and thought I was going to have time for a nap. My 7 year old woke earlier than I thought so that killed that idea. I may try to crash for an hour so I can cook dinner and prepare for my busy day tomorrow.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/167/141

Hi All -

Hope you all had a great day... I'm curious where do you all get those really cute weightloss counters? Everyone is so creative.
I'm am trying to kick myself into gear but it just feels so tough this time. I'm doing all kinds of stuff and my scale isn't budging I've been walking and getting my butt off the couch after work. Eating lower fat foods. I swear sometimes I try the healthier options and my body must go into shock or something.
When you first started what was the one thing you found helped most? Was there a special new food or an exercise program? I'm looking for great ideas, anything to help get me thinking. Ive read so many healthy eating program and diet books I have so much swimming in my head.
Thanks ---
Liz
Eliza807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #10  
One step at a time...

Eliza, I found that the best way for me to start was to NOT try and jump right in the deep end. Work on only a few changes at a time. Start with maybe drinking water and watching your portions. Next work on better food choices and going for a walk. Next maybe start counting calories or points or something and then add in a little more cardio.

So I'd take it slow. That's what's working for me this time. All the other times I've tried to restart I've gone whole-hog too quickly and burned myself out. This time I'm adding in a few new elements as time goes on and I'm finding myself having a lot more success.

As far as what program to follow, I've always loved WW points and calorie counting. I like them because both programs allow you to eat ANYTHING you want as long as you plan for it, and you don't have to cut out andy food groups. Like carbs I love my potatoes and pasta and rice too much to give them up. And now I LOVE sweet potatoes and fiber gourmet pasta and brown rice!

So that's my advice!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/167/141

Thanks Rebound.. that is very sound advice
Eliza807 is offline   Reply With Quote