Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #1  

Default I think it's time.

Well, where to begin? I guess you could say that I'm a product of this obese generation. I've been fat as long as I can remember, but in the past few years, it has spiralled out of control.

I'm Samantha, and I'm 19 years old. I am 5'4, and I stayed around 220 lbs throughout high school (except for a bulimic phase when I was 15, during which I weighed about 170). When I went to college, I gained the dreaded "Freshman Fifteen" - plus ten pounds. During a very stressful, fast-food-filled summer, I have gained another 7-8 pounds, leaving me at 253 lbs at last weighing. I've half-heartedly tried different diets in the past, but nothing's ever really worked. I think part of me was just waiting for the extra weight to disappear - and tonight, for the first time, I think I'm clearly seeing that that is not going to happen.

I know losing the kind of weight I need to lose won't be easy, by any means. But I feel like it's time for me to stop putting this off - it's too important to put off any longer. And I know that I definitely can't do it by myself.

Sorry I wrote you a novel - I have a tendency to do that. If anyone has any tips or experience they could share, I'd appreciate it! I don't really know where to start. I look forward to being a part of what seems to be a great support system!
blue wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/201/140

Height: 5'9

Good for you for acknowledging everything! It's a hard road, but so worth it!
I have found this site (even tho I don't always post, and often read) a great "home base" point, where if I get a little sidetracked, I can always come back, get knowledge and information, support and MOTIVATION to keep on the right track. There is a wealth of knowledge here of different ways to deal with weight, programs, recipes, ect.
Weight loss can be the battle of a lifetime, and healthy eating and exercise should last a lifetime. Remain focused on becoming physically active and treating your body like a temple. It's all very simple, but our emotions challenge it, and can undo alot of the work we have done. Pride yourself on putting healthy, fresh, living foods in your body, and your friends will soon follow! It's tough, but so worth it. Never starve yourself! eat every day, all the time! small, healthy, nutritious meals!
Hang in there, and don't forget that this isn't impossible!
maggiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #3  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! You've come to a GREAT place for support! Just look through all the forums and find where you feel most comfortable and just begin to read and post! i hope you love it here! I do! I wish you the very best on your weight loss journey!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hugs! I have been through the eating disorders--you have come to the right place for friendship and support during your journey--best of all! Good sound advice!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

HI! I am 19 too so we are in the same boat! My highest weight was 204 and I am at 158 this morning, all through this site . Like you I had also tried other things before, like weightwatvhers, jenny craig, and other diets from magazines and such. I think the difference for me this time is when I would "cheat on my diet" before, I would say oh well now I have messed up and it became a dangerous slippery slope and I ended up weighing more in the end in most cases. Now I am not on a diet, through this site I learned healthier eating habits like focusing on healthy wholesome foods like whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies and I count calories and , EVERY SINGLE calorie. Even if I go over for the day because thats life and sometimes it happens, I just have to make sure its rarely. I would suggest looking into a couple of the FREE! calorie tracking websites that many ladies on here use, I use thedailyplate.com through livestrong.com so thats what I would recommend but other ladies seem to like sparkpeople.com and calorieking, but I have never used these myself. I would just like to say WELCOME to 3FC and GOOD LUCK!!! Its a long road but it is very worth it
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Samantha and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #7  
No description available.

Welcome!!! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Be sure to check out the 20 something forum (we won't card you---I promise!!!).
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #8  

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome
blue wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:05 AM   #9  

Hi blue wind, welcome to the community.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote