Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 06:26 PM   #1  
"Hyatt Regency"

Default Thin Group #83

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 06-28-2002, 06:28 PM   #2  
"Hyatt Regency"

Okay ladies...... don't everyone post a reply at once..... there is plenty of time to post.... one at a time please......

Everyone take care..... I am having fun all by myself.... hehe.... I can't believe that I did it right.....

I am proud..... Take care.... Carolyn
Old 06-29-2002, 03:32 PM   #3  
CH

Hey Carolyn, you are too cool! I'm impressed that you know how to do this. I sure don't and don't want to learn! It seems every new thing I learn I get put in charge of it. No more.

It sure looks like you've been talking to yourself lately. I'm supposed to be on summer vacation and I sure would like to know when it starts. I have busier on vacation than at work. Go figure????? I just finished helping to write a Grant for school and now I feel like I'm free. (I didn't do the actual writing of the grant but finding all the info needed to write.)

I know you all were just dying to hear that. Sorry.

I had a couple of pretty good diet weeks but this last one went down the tubes. But I'm back on track again. If I had a dollar for everytime I said that I could pay my WW dues for a year. I can't give up though because I know what would happen then.

Well I have no more news for right now, so I'll go to the grocery and see if I can stay legal. Carolyn hang in there, surely someone will talk to us, if now I'll be back later.
Carolyn
Old 06-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #4  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Carolyn....... yep we are talking to ourselves.....

Thats okay at least I am able to keep up with everything going on here...... You notice when I do post I don't talk about food or diet? UGH!!! thats because I still seem to be eating everything in sight..... don't know what it is... still thinking about cigarettes though.... thats been tough..... I've been trying to stay away from fast food, which I have done..... and staying away from cookies and cake, chocolate bars.... that sort of thing, which I have succeeded in doing..... I've been eating alot of fresh fruits.... it just seems like I have this hand to mouth disease.... but as long as its not the sweet sugary things I am doing okay.... I'll work on eating less fruits later on..... my sugar is still doing great..... weight is the same..... no loss no gain.... so good so far...... everyone take care.... and be good.

Carolyn
Old 07-01-2002, 09:07 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Um, hello?? Is this the Carolyn thread? Do I have to change my name.

Carolyn (Regency) I would like to thank you for not giving up on this group. I did and I'm ashamed of myself. I figured everyone had gone away and would no longer post and the group would die. I figured it was getting slower and slower and would soon be gone forever. But as long as you're here, girlie, we'll never die!!!! {{{{Carolyn}}}}

I fell off the wagon big time and simply cannot get back on. Since I stopped going to WW, I've gained ... oh, I simply cannot say it. A lot of weight back. There, how's that? I cannot find any motivation and just eat and eat and eat until I'm sick and then I eat some more. There's got to be something wrong with me mentally!

Every day (practically) I get up and say "today, I'm getting back OP" and I'm even good for most of the day. But then it all falls apart. By evening, I'm so far over my points and so low on water intake that I figure I can't begin to salvage my day. Don't know how to fix this.

I'm still going to the gym but not as regularly as I should and I'm mad at myself for that too. I wanted to be thin (OK, "thinner") by the time I went to Scotland at the end of August but even that can't motivate me!! I actually had to go out and buy *gasp* bigger clothes.

OK, enough whining. I'm going to send one more {{{HUG}}} to Carolyn (and Carolyn too! )and then here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep coming here and posting. Hopefully, every day. Maybe more than once a day. You can ignore me (all 2 of you ) if you want to but I'm going to come here and vent. Maybe even every time I feel the urge to fall off plan, I'll come here instead. I'm even going to blow the dust off my little old home 'puter and post from there (if the darn thing will let me).

So that's the plan. And if any of you other Thin Group gals don't want me to be using this forum as my own personal sounding board, then you'll all just have to come here and post again and let me know it!!!

I still love you guys!
Jo.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:24 AM   #6  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

I'm so glad there are a few die-hard posters like us! I have missed you, Jo! I know I don't get in here as much as I should, but then, I never did! HaHa

Your last post could have been written by me. I have been eating way tooooo much. Haven't gone up in sizes yet but I can see that coming! I have even quit writing down all my food intake, too ashamed, I guess. Maybe the same thing is happening to all the group. Maybe there is a new virus going around that causes the Thin Group Members to overeat and not post? Have we all caught the same virus at the same time?

For any of you who just come in and read and not to post, ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Every darn one of you can take at least a few minutes to type a quick note to let us know that you're still alive and kicking! I really miss all of you!

Hugs, Judy
Old 07-02-2002, 02:54 AM   #7  

Hello Ladies!

I feel so guilty for not posting regularly I'm going through that weight loss funk again and didn't want to bring you wonderful ladies down. Thank God for the Carolyns!! You ladies kick *ss! Thank you for being so positive and keeping this group going.

Well, today I took a nice long walk today as the weather was beautiful. I really miss my walks to work ... I just miss being around people. Oh well, I'll find something eventually. The weird thing is now that I don't have a job, I'm busier now than I was when I was working .... go figure

Well ladies ....I'm off to bed. I will try to post tomorrow. Hopefully I'll stay on program!

Have a great day!
Sylvia
Old 07-02-2002, 08:28 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

Went to the gym yesterday after work. Did the machines then got on the elliptical machine. Set it for 20 minutes. Did those 20 minutes ... and then did 10 more!! Well, they have these little TV screens and I wanted to see the end of the show I was watching. Yeah, that's my story.

I had one day - count 'em - one day OP yesterday. So far so good, eh? Rich and I are staying home for July 4 so I don't have to worry about cookouts and unknown ingredients. We're spending our 5 blissful days off working on the kitchen. It's ALMOST done. Then we get to start on the dining room. I'm psyched for 5 days of working hard and accomplishing something. Gotta figure out how to count those exercise points.

Which reminds me! Someone told me about a website called www.caloriesperhour.com. It covers how many calories are burned doing just about any activity. I've only been in there once but it seems to be pretty good, in case anyone's interested. I've bookmarked it and will definitely go back again.

Sylvia, welcome back! And, of course, my dear friend Judy! I'm so glad to see some familiar names here again.

Well, I promised I'd come back here and ramble and so I have! May be tough to post over the long weekend but I'll definitely be thinking of this place and you guys. Especially when I'm tempted to do something naughty.

Talk to you again soon!
Jo
Old 07-02-2002, 08:57 AM   #9  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

What? The Thin Group die? NEVER!!!!! We all get a little lazy and slack off posting sometimes (lately, a lot) but WE WILL NEVER DIE!

Hi girls - I've just been busy up here at the cabin and hardly been on the computer. But, this group ain't gonna go anywhere! It's so hot here right now, been in the 100's this week! We've been going over in the evenings (and all day Sunday) to our friends house on the lake and doing a lot of swimming and boating. I have been sticking pretty OP - trying to journal every day but have missed some ... but am happy to say I am holding my own since I stopped going toWW - actually have lost 1 lb.

Jo and Judy! You have lost too much to just gain it all back! STOP NOW! and get yourself back OP!! YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Talked to Sharon yesterday for a while ... she says she will be posting soon - their computer was down for about a month! Was great to talk to you Sharon - even tho it was cut short ... we had to leave and were already late so we could not talk long .. hey, saved on the long distance, eh?

Carolyn (regency) - way to go on starting the new thread. Glad someone is on the ball here.

Carolyn (CH) - keep up the good work girl on the WW - I know I owe you a couple emails, sorry ..... I just have not been on the computer much.

Peggy - where are you girl? Guess I better go back and read some of the past posts - I remember you saying you were in a funk - hope things are ok for you now - thinking of you.

Well, going now to get dressed. Everyone - keep posting - and get OP!

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 07-02-2002 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:38 PM   #10  
CH

Hello Ladies, so glad to see several of you posting. Carolyn I guess we shamed them. Good work.

Jo if it's any consolation to you, you were the one that convinced me not to quit WW because I knew that would be a license to eat. I didn't go today because I knew I had been bad. I also had the opportunity to take my granddaughter swimming and that was more fun. I picked her up yesterday and we went to the grocery store. Big mistake. Everything she said she wanted I bought! A two-year-old is not a good guide at the grocery. I bought cookies, pudding, macaroni and cheese, etc., etc., etc.,.
Of course she ate very little of it but Big Mama here...........wwell you know the story.

Why are we all having so many problems now? Can anyone come up with a reason? I am doing a lot of pot-lucking with friends and the food is so good. If anyone can come up with a cure, please post immediately.

CJ good for you for losing and maintaining without WW class. I wish I could.

See you all soon.
Carolyn (the KY one)
Old 07-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #11  
CJ

Carolyn: If I hear of you skipping class again because you were bad I just may have to come there personally and "spank" you!

I think we all slip at this time of year because it's this time of year - nice weather (sometimes) barbeques, swimming, celebrations, etc etc etc. Our minds say "good food, yum yum yum - eat eat eat. I guess we just have to put mind over matter and stay STRONG! I know, it does not work all the time ...

I started a food journal thread - PLEASE join me in posting your daily journals (food). It really does help to write it down ... and if we let others see what we are eating, we can get ideas .. and maybe help some of us that are doing something that is not a good thing.

Jo: Maybe you need to go back to class ... you were doing so well. I sure hate to see you put all that wt back on - all that hard work down the drain! You can stop yourself now - get back OP! Vent here - that is what we are here for.

OK .... later
Love, CJ
Old 07-03-2002, 08:49 AM   #12  
Long Lost Chickie

Carolyn, I didn't know!! I'm honored that I could help you! Now if I could only help ME. I understand completely how it feels not to go to class when you feel you've done badly. I found myself doing that too. Or I'd go but I'd rehearse all my excuses in the car on the way over.

CJ, I know I should go back. But, for me, it seemed to put so much stress into my life. I didn't need any more. I'd find myself obsessing (my favorite hobby ) entirely too much about weigh-in. I'd say no when my friends ask if I want to go out on Friday night and then feel resentful because I have to weigh in on Saturday. Or I'd get home after work and not be able to do anything (or eat anything) because I have to go back out and go to class. I started to really resent WW and what is up with that!?!?! It's such a great program and helped me and so many others so much and I was "mad" at them.

Uh, remember how all you guys used to say I worry too much? Now I still get a bad case of the guilty's if I do something I know I shouldn't but at least I'm not losing sleep over it. Having said that, I've been OP for 2 days. Today's Day 3 and I'm a little worried about the Fourth of July holiday but I'm going to do my best and enjoy myself and I'm going to be OK.

Whew! Rambling again! Some things never change!

Hope to hear from you guys again soon. And our other Thinsters too! Trish, you out there? Musikfest time is coming fast!

Love you guys! If I don't get back in here today, have a wonderful 4th of July!!!

Love, Jo.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:08 AM   #13  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Well I finally got up enough nerve to step on the scale again. Not as bad as I thought it would be, I've gained back up to 231.

Now.......I have to get myself back in the groove and start losing again! I promised myself I would be at 200 by the end of this year. I'll never make it at the rate I'm going!

If I wasn't so darn lazy! If I would just get off my fat butt and start exercising! Well, you all know the sad story! If, if, if, .........

Have a good day, Hugs,
Judy
Old 07-03-2002, 10:54 AM   #14  

Hi!

Jo, I must have heard you calling me! Work has been hectic lately, and I've been staying off the computer at home. I'll try to get here and post at least a couple of times a week.

I have a nice five day weekend off from work. My husband and I are going to the Finger Lakes (Seneca Lake) in NY for two nights. The weather here has been extremely hot, so I'm hoping it might be a little more comfortable up there. We are staying in a hotel on the lake and are planning to visit some wineries and go out to dinner.

I'm in limbo with my weight. I've managed to keep 20 of the 25 lbs. off that I lost last year, but would like to start losing again. I'll check in here often for inspiration.

Well, I have to go pack for my trip. Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th of July!

Trish
Old 07-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #15  
CJ

Good morning! Thought I would drop in and say hello while I finish my coffee ~ then off to wash my hair and clean up around the cabin a bit ~ company coming tonite for the weekend.

Judy and Jo: Good for you both for stopping and getting back OP! Just take one day at a time and I know you can do it!

Peggy: Where are you?? I sure do miss you ~ hope to see you posting soon.

Sharon: Was good to talk to you the other nite, even tho it had to be short. Sorry ... but where oh where is your "post"??? I know you are busy but come on now ... one little post! lol

Well, if I don't get a chance to post again before tomorrow ~ or the weekend ~ I hope you all have a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! Try to stay OP as much as you can, but most of all ENJOY YOURSELVES!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread