Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #1  

Default Doing something for me

Hello

I'm never sure what to say... I need to take control of my life and I need help.

I'm a sahm to my one year old daughter. I had thyroid issues prior to my pregnancy which went out of control after she was born. My self confidence has taken a massive hit because of this. I've been suffering from "baby blues"

There is more but I already want to press the delete button so maybe I should just post that for now

Thanks for reading
sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #2  

I forgot to mention that I have 70ish lbs to lose and for me that is a huge scary number
Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  

I have the same amount to lose and feeling kind of down today also.

I keep telling myself it will get better. It takes baby steps........
1qkblugt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 365/319/180

Height: 5'11

It will get better...you took the first step by not pressing delete..good luck..you can do it!!!!
HollyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #6  
I need motivation!

Hello and welcome I am new as well! You took the first step by posting some information it will get easier along the way!
Ezrebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #7  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! There are some great people on here - some who have come a long way and some with a long way to go. But there are definitely people on here who can empathize with you and your situation.

70 pounds IS a huge scary number - so don't look at that. (And I started with close to 60 originally). Set mini-goals, and do it one step at a time. My closest goal is 158. My next one after that is 152. Then 148. And there will probably be 3 or 4 or 5 after that before I reach goal. Each of those numbers has a meaning to me. And I feel like I'm achieving something every 3 to 4 weeks!

Look around the different support groups - there are support groups by age, special interests, diet methods, etc.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #8  

Thanks for the support ladies, much appreciated. I am starting to feel a bit better about myself today just because I joined.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #9  
No description available.

Welcome Sweets!!!

I'm so glad you posted! It takes a lot of courage sometimes to face up to what we need to do. Sometimes a number can seem overwhelming and so breaking it down makes it more manageable. Maybe look at it like losing 10 lbs and then repeat until you are at goal? It took me a lot of time to learn what you already know: in order to be the best mom we can be, we have to take care of ourselves. Stick around. I'm so glad you are here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote