Old 07-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289.5/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Default Need a good sports bra...

I am rather large chested and I am in major need of a sports bra. I did the 30 day Shred last night and it wasn't pretty! Anyone have a recommendation?
FromFat2Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

While my chest is not rather large, it is a bit more than average. I am also doing the 30-day shred and I just went to Target and got a Champion one. It's got cups built in to limit movement. I think I only paid $15 or so for it and am VERY happy with it. I got a size a little smaller than what I am so that it hugs my ribcage and "harnesses" me in. It's super for the jumping and such... for the first time in my life, they aren't sore when I take the bra off.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #3  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I highly recommend a sports bra with an adjustable shoulder strap and back hook closure. I know they can be expensive but it is worth it, trust me, to buy a decent bra. This is the bra I have currently and it is so good. I run/jog & also have done jumping jacks wearing this bra...Nothing moves or jiggles . I do admit I was skeptical of the velcro shoulder strap adjustment part cuz I felt it won't be tight enough and well, may come apart while I run. But it stays on really well and hasn't once come apart. I've had it for couple months now. I think I got mine from either Target or Dicks sporting goods.

Last edited by pintobean; 07-08-2009 at 12:40 PM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #4  
Baby Stepping Along

Don't know what your budget is but the company I know with the best selection of sports bras (including extended sizes) is Title 9.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Enell makes awesome sports bras especially if you are bigger than the average large chested women (beyond DD). Moving Comfort also makes some really nice sports bras.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for asking this question! I'm doing the 30 day shred too and since I haven't had the chance to go get a new bra yet I've been doubling up and wearing a tanktop with a built in support area. I'll have to check out the recommendations
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #7  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I got a fairly good one from WalMart for $15 (CDN). I believe the make was Bestform. I also do the 30DS, so I went back and got another to double up for the DVD, which REALLY works.

But for regular, moderate activity, one would be enough.

My thinking is, until I know what I really need from a sports bra, I don't want to spend too much, so I went with a cheapie.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

I've never found a sports bra that provided the support I need and still left me with enough comfort to do whatever I was doing. I have found that if I wear one of the regular racerback stretchy ones (found at Walmart or Target for under $20) over a very supportive bra, I'm set.
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #9  

I use a Champion Powersleek. It's got adjustable straps, a hook closure in the back, and molded cups. I don't have a HUGE chest, I wear a D bra. The Champion had everything I was looking for, as mentioned above, and it's super comfortable. No bouncing at all, and it was only $30.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5ft6'

I wear the ENELL sports bra. This bad boy is worn by Oprah and some of the biggest loosers. I payed almost $100(canadian) for it and worth every penny! I am an F cup and these puppies do not move when I'm wearing my ENELL bra. I can jog, box, do back flips (well not realy). I just wish I could aford like 3 more.

The link.
http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1

Last edited by TraceyElaine; 07-09-2009 at 08:06 AM.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #11  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyElaine View Post
I wear the ENELL sports bra. This bad boy is worn by Oprah and some of the biggest loosers. I payed almost $100(canadian) for it and worth every penny! I am an F cup and these puppies do not move when I'm wearing my ENELL bra. I can jog, box, do back flips (well not realy). I just wish I could aford like 3 more.

The link.
http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1
TraceyElaine, I bought one of these and am preparing to send it back. I am a G cup and thought this would be the bra for me but when I tried it on, I was underwhelmed. It doesn't feel that snug to me and when I did some test jumping up and down, there was still significant bouncing around. I wonder if I got it too big? I took my measurements carefully and ordered what I thought would be the correct size but it still doesn't seem to offer the firm support that others have said this bra gives. What's your opinion--should I try the size smaller?
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote