100 lb. Club - Need a good sports bra...

View Full Version : Need a good sports bra...

FromFat2Fit
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I am rather large chested and I am in major need of a sports bra. I did the 30 day Shred last night and it wasn't pretty! Anyone have a recommendation?

stargzr
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
While my chest is not rather large, it is a bit more than average. I am also doing the 30-day shred and I just went to Target and got a Champion one. It's got cups built in to limit movement. I think I only paid $15 or so for it and am VERY happy with it. I got a size a little smaller than what I am so that it hugs my ribcage and "harnesses" me in. It's super for the jumping and such... for the first time in my life, they aren't sore when I take the bra off.

pintobean
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I highly recommend a sports bra with an adjustable shoulder strap and back hook closure. I know they can be expensive but it is worth it, trust me, to buy a decent bra. This (http://www.onehanesplace.com/product/CH1691.html?cgnbr=30J1000000)is the bra I have currently and it is so good. I run/jog & also have done jumping jacks wearing this bra...Nothing moves or jiggles :D. I do admit I was skeptical of the velcro shoulder strap adjustment part cuz I felt it won't be tight enough and well, may come apart while I run. But it stays on really well and hasn't once come apart. I've had it for couple months now. I think I got mine from either Target or Dicks sporting goods.

p7eggyc
07-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't know what your budget is but the company I know with the best selection of sports bras (including extended sizes) is Title 9 (http://www.titlenine.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=674).

Peg

nelie
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Enell makes awesome sports bras especially if you are bigger than the average large chested women (beyond DD). Moving Comfort also makes some really nice sports bras.

TaraLee
07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thank you for asking this question! I'm doing the 30 day shred too and since I haven't had the chance to go get a new bra yet I've been doubling up and wearing a tanktop with a built in support area. I'll have to check out the recommendations :)

chickiegirl
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I got a fairly good one from WalMart for $15 (CDN). I believe the make was Bestform. I also do the 30DS, so I went back and got another to double up for the DVD, which REALLY works.

But for regular, moderate activity, one would be enough.

My thinking is, until I know what I really need from a sports bra, I don't want to spend too much, so I went with a cheapie.

steph324
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I've never found a sports bra that provided the support I need and still left me with enough comfort to do whatever I was doing. I have found that if I wear one of the regular racerback stretchy ones (found at Walmart or Target for under $20) over a very supportive bra, I'm set.

bacilli
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I use a Champion Powersleek. It's got adjustable straps, a hook closure in the back, and molded cups. I don't have a HUGE chest, I wear a D bra. The Champion had everything I was looking for, as mentioned above, and it's super comfortable. No bouncing at all, and it was only $30.

TraceyElaine
07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I wear the ENELL sports bra. This bad boy is worn by Oprah and some of the biggest loosers. I payed almost $100(canadian) for it and worth every penny! I am an F cup and these puppies do not move when I'm wearing my ENELL bra. I can jog, box, do back flips (well not realy). I just wish I could aford like 3 more.

The link.
http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1

Windchime
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I wear the ENELL sports bra. This bad boy is worn by Oprah and some of the biggest loosers. I payed almost $100(canadian) for it and worth every penny! I am an F cup and these puppies do not move when I'm wearing my ENELL bra. I can jog, box, do back flips (well not realy). I just wish I could aford like 3 more.

The link.
http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1

TraceyElaine, I bought one of these and am preparing to send it back. I am a G cup and thought this would be the bra for me but when I tried it on, I was underwhelmed. It doesn't feel that snug to me and when I did some test jumping up and down, there was still significant bouncing around. I wonder if I got it too big? I took my measurements carefully and ordered what I thought would be the correct size but it still doesn't seem to offer the firm support that others have said this bra gives. What's your opinion--should I try the size smaller?